Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-27-2004, 12:01 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have to get this off of my chest.

I just hate it when I see a creation in the gallery and the member doesn't take the time to fill out the information! There are quite a few lately (and today's gallery was especially full of this issue) and I was pretty impressed with many of them, but became disgusted when I wasn't informed on the supplies used for the cards. The gallery is a great source of inspiration, but it is so frustrating when the member takes shortcuts like that. In fact, I don't even leave feedback for any project that doesn't have the information provided, no matter how good it is! Does anyone else feel this way?

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 12:21 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yeah, it bugs. I noticed alot of stuff in todays gallery is stuff people recieved in swaps at regionals (correct me if i'm wrong) so they don't know what supplies or techniques were used. Though if in fact you made the card, Please please please post what you used. Sometimes things don't scan right and its hard to guess what was used.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 12:29 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

What I'm thinking is if it is a card received from someone else, then the creator should be acknowledged. If someone uploads an image of a card they did not make themselves and don't say so, then viewers will assume the member created the card him/herself, which seems rather deceiving to me. Plus, it isn't fair for the person that did create the card.

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 12:43 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

WoW! JK...you're lookin' pretty hot in that photo...do you stamp on your muscles? Just curious...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 12:44 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree. And if you don't know who made it, just note that.

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

In all fairness, though, some people traded lots of cards and it would take a lot of time to enter in the extra info. I'd rather have the card in the gallery the way it is than to not have it at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 01:13 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posed this question elsewhere, but I too think that the maker of the card should be acknowledged, or the card should not go in the gallery. If cards are received at swaps, there should still be some effort to indicate materials and card maker. I swapped at the lastest SU event, and will feel somewhat uncomfortable if my cards are put on display, without my "OK" or appropriate credit indicated. If I wish to upload my cards, I can do that myself and would like that to me by choice.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Jackie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 01:18 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

It really doesn't bother me, unless the card was posted in the techniques gallery. Now that is one place where you need ALL the information.

On a side note, I posted a card or two the other day and the section for adding inks, stamps, etc.... wasn't showing up! So I guess that could have happened to quite a few other people too.
I went ahead and filled out what I could, as I had already uploaded the pictures. My intent was to go back and add the info later, which I totally forgot about. Guess I better go check that out now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 01:21 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, here's one of those cards that I uploaded and I still can't get the catagories for paper, ink, etc... to show up:
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

So I guess that the best thing to do in case this happens to you is to put all that info in the description.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 01:53 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwasborn2stamp
Well, here's one of those cards that I uploaded and I still can't get the catagories for paper, ink, etc... to show up:

So I guess that the best thing to do in case this happens to you is to put all that info in the description.

Is it maybe because it is in your gallery and not a set gallery that the info area doesn't show up?

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 02:42 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I know that with all of the server trouble we have been dealing with there is alot of times that I have to wait for ever it seems to be able to add that info and then once I do it takes a while for it all to upload! I also know that for me having two little ones that that extra time it takes to put all the info in is the difference between uploading and not uploading at times! I for one, just wait until I have the time to put all the info in...but there have been times that I was tempted to just upload without the info but I resisted temptation and I believe all of my uploads have the info~ Just know that it may not be possible at the time of upload, like Nan had stated or that perhaps the user does not have the time to fill in all the blanks...just take the image for it's beauty and guess what is used and if push comes to shove, PM the artist to ask I know the whole point is not having to do that but it works when you just have to have to know~ LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 03:53 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

I for one am just happy and grateful that people share their make and takes, display board pictures and swap cards from the regionals. It is a major work load. To ask for recipes on all those scans is, in my opinion, a bit much.

Just my two cents.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 04:04 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

That is a lot of work...and time consuming. I posted a lot of display board pics from convention. My intention was to "include" all those who were unable to go to convention. Most of the samples and swaps are pretty straight forward stamping. Colors do sometimes get a little skewed from the camera, but the general idea is there to work with. They are there for inspiration! If there is a specific question you have on a posting, you may try posting it to the forum section to ask all our wonderful experts what they think! I'm sure someone will answer your question! We all are so helpful here!

Big THANKS! to those sweeties that are posting from the Regionals. Can't get enough...love the new stuff!

Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 04:14 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwasborn2stamp

If you upload to a personal album, I am pretty sure that you don't have the category options for Stamps, Paper, Ink that you have when you put in the other gallery areas.

As far as including that information - please include where you can on cards & projects that you wish to share. And if you have instructions, add them right then & there, or post them to the forums with a link to them included in the description. That will help considerably with the "me, too!" emails you are sure to get.

Swaps & Display boards are a different monster entirely! You can pretty much tell when someone is uploading like 150+ cards into an Event gallery that they are swaps ;), and judging by how long it takes sometimes to get ONE thing uploaded on an ISDN line even. . . I'm just happy to get what we get! Thanks to everyone for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 04:43 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

I agree with Beate. However, if I see something that I’m interested in and there’s no information attached I just send them a pm or an e-mail.

Like my mother always said, “a closed mouth doesn’t get fed.�? :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 05:05 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Great Quote!!! Love it! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 05:25 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

It really doesn't bother me. As a demo I can usually figure out what supplies they have used. I try to fill mine out as much as possible but I have a small child and if time does not permit- I leave it blank.

Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2004, 05:31 AM   #18  
A LOST 4400

Yes, I agree with sacrementostamper!!!! There are some "dumb" questions (I believe that I have asked them all!) but if you are not sure about something ASK!!!!! It amazing the helpful responses that we get on this site. I am not a demo (my mom is in another state) and I totally appreciate the folks that take the time to scann all this stuff in and if the info is there well that is just great!!! If it is not I can still use my imagination and take a WAG as to what they used. I have lots of non SU! stuff and just having the inspiration can get the ball rolling.

Keep scannin' and stamping!!!
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes