Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-10-2004, 01:02 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Catalog Madness

I can't wait for it! Just curious to see how many of you guys out there feed the kids and/or dh and pop in a video (if you even GET that far!), sit with a full glass of whatever, door closed, highlighter or post-it flags at hand, and just DEVOUR the glossy sweet new catalog that smells so yummy fresh from the printer? If you're not going to convention, what's your plan for that glorious day when the new catalogs arrive?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be stalking the UPS man until they arrive. Our UPS order always comes at about 9 or 9:30 am. Last year on the day they were to arrive, the UPS guy didn't come until 5:00 pm. I thought I was going to go into heart failure waiting. As soon as it comes, I will be locking myself in my office and putting the kids in front of the TV or 2 hours with a brand new movie. Then my best friend and I will sit on the phone the whole time and discuss each and every set in detail. Oooohhhhh, new catalog time can't come soon enough! I just wish I could go to convention & see it the minute it's released. Ladies that are going and will have access to the internet better get on ASAP to post what is new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #3  
Glitter Guru

Well, I'm Germany and the monthly SS always seems to take forever so I decided to recuit a friend back in the states to send me one of her catties so I know I'll get it before my monthly w/s in August.

This is my first new catty with my baby who will be one y/o this month. Keeping him otherwise occupied is pretty difficult since he learned to crawl. No more being happy in the entertainment center watching Finding Nemo! I'll probably have to wait until he falls asleep to really devour the catty. Hmmm, I wonder if I could um, drug him with some cold medicine to get him to sleep? :twisted: Oh no, the conscience came out and shook her finger at me. I guess I won't go that route. :oops:

Any mothers of one year olds with some tips they could offer?

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 05:23 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default new catty madness

This is my first new catty release asa demo and all I can say for that sweet day is "Finding Nemo, Finding Nemo, Finding Nemo!" My son will watch it repeatedly when mommy has serious business to take care of!
I decided not to go to convention becuase he is still not weaned....it was a tough choice to make but I know there will be many more eyars to come! i fdelt fine with it until I found Splitcoast and then really wished I was goign to meeet everyone from this site :(

I have been meaning to post about this, just curious: How much DOES everybody spend on thier initial order when they see all the new stuff?? I know I have all year to collect new goodies from my wish list, but...! I only do one workshop a month right now for my stamp club ladies so I could easily space my stamps sets out, I hate getting one and then not really havign the time to play with it before getting more, but I don't know! The last few months have been very profitable so it's really burning a hole in my pocket! I'm thinking 300-500 dollars? Fortunately I got all the hostess sets I'm really wild for so I don't have that hanging over me as one more reason to spend big when I probably shouldn't be!!!
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 05:36 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Wow! $300-500 would be nice, wouldn't it?? I usually aim for a $150 party for myself. Get the really important stuff first and then space the rest out. Sometimes when I wait I see examples of sets that I otherwise wouldn't have purchased. As far as a one year old goes....I'd have to wait for nap time in my house. I'm really trying to remember - family first, then business although I'd really love to lock myself in a room and play all day. Children are only young once unfortunately.

Have a great night!

Micamberlecto
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Hi Everyone! This is my first post but have been faithfully checking things out on a daily basis. Okay, maybe several times a day is more like it! But, I just came across this, posted on the SU! board and wanted to share here also!

I just got my August Creating Keepsakes Magazine and guess what? I came across NEW SU! STAMPS! On page 96 there's a scrapbook page done with a set that looks like Petal Prints! At first I thought it was, did a double-take and actually got out my Petal Prints set to see. It's way cute! But, I'm not sure if it's a 2-step set.

Then, on page 180 and 184 there are projects done using a lizard (or maybe a gecko)! I LOVE this little guy. Both projects credit SU! for the stamp.

I'm soooooooooo excited, I can hardly wait to get my hands on that new catalog!

Also, thanks to all of you that are so willing to help and share. Your beautiful work truly inspires me!

Natalie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I can't wait for the new catalogs either! My UPS is delivered by a woman and instead of dropping my boxes off at my house she drops them off for me at my work. I just hope they come on a slow day because I know I won't beable to wait until I go home to sneak a peak. I have most of my co-workers stamping too so, they will be just as excited to see it too! Fun, fun fun!!! The waiting is going to kill me!!! :oops:

Happy Waiting Everyone!!!
Jodi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 06:45 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Hello, everyone! I am also very excited about the new catty!!! I am a new demonstrator (only one $200 ws so far!) but I am DYING for the new stuff!!! I think, eat, sleep and talk new stamps around the clock. I am beginning to think that my DH and DDs are going to pitch a fit if they hear it one more time: "I can't wait for the new catalog!!!" :lol:

I am planning on sitting at home all day with my pencils, pens, and highlighters, drooling on my own personal copy of the catalog...then I will try and figure out how much money I can earn in the shortest amount of time to buy all the new stuff I am sure I will want!!!! ha ha ha

Thanks so much for sharing my enthusiasm. Sometimes I feel like it's only me around here that loves to stamp so much...I just don't know anyone yet that shares my enthusiasm. However, I am working on it!! ha ha

Well, good luck and I look forward to the middle of July!!!

Theresa - the sscrappystamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 07:14 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Well, on my street are 10 stampers! We're a tight knit bunch, think I love lucy, only a whole bunch of us. Anyway, by then even the nonstampers will know the glorious occasion about to occur.

I'm a small time demonstrator, by choice, actually, few of my customers live off my street. So I only ordered one case. We will have to share.

Maybe we'll plan one of our neighborhood get togethers, and that way all the DH's and DC can be occupied together while the rest of us take care of the important business!

To Stampin Melissa, would your little one want to look at a book with you. He or she may like the pretty pictures? It is worth a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2004, 07:59 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

well, I feel I must clarify my post now so everyone won't think my dear son is parked in front of the TV all day! He will be 2 next month and is my greatest joy, we spend just about all day every day playing together and going places he likes. Nap time is stamp time (unless we pull out the stamps together, he is already quite the stamper!), except for the few precious moments I can steal to check Splitcoast periodically since the computer's in our play room!
Anyway, "new catty day" is reserved for some "me" time, I feel I've earned it since I passed up almost an entire week in Orlando at the Stampin' Mecca!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 12:04 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Convention is awesome ladies I went last year and will never miss a year again. I scheduled my flight a day before convention begins because the flights on the first day of convention would not land until 1:30 and I couldnt stand the thoughts of everyone seeing that book before me plus the swapping on the first morning is crazy, but so much fun. Are any of you planning on going? I saw on the website they opened up registration for one more day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 05:09 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I have been lurking now for quite a while and this is my first post. Y'all's excitement has really gotten to me!!! I can't wait either for the new catalog. I am a soon to be demonstrator. I have to wait one more week before I order my starter set, so that I can have my first show with the new catalog, (I've counted out my 45 days for the free shipping and all). I am so excited! :lol: I need all the advice and suggestions I can get, so lay it on me. I have been an avid stamper for about a year now and have a mediocre amount of stamps, most of which are going to be retired. Does anyone have any suggestions for my starter kit?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 05:56 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm hoping the weather will be nice and not too hot! The only way I get any 'me' time around here it to put the kids outside in the sandbox.

Ahh, I can picture myself now. Sitting on the deck...hammock, sweet tea, sunglasses and the new catty. Could life get any better?

laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 08:23 AM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

I went to my first upline meeting last night and it was awesome!

All of us are unable to go to convention, so we are having a mini convention the day the new Catty comes out. BUT, we had to swear to NOT look at the CATTY if we get it first...we're all going to get our first look together!

I'm almost hoping UPS doesn't deliver to me until the next day, because I don't know if I can hold out not looking!

Wish me luck!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 09:24 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

OMGosh! I just know my UPS guy will be chunking the box out the truck as he speeds by...I am a freakazoid until I get my orders can ya imagine what I am gonna be like when I know the catty is gonna be here?! Unfortunately, I may have to wait a day longer than most ppl b/c our UPS runs about a day late. I must learn patience between now and July. :? Yeah, I don't think it is gonna happen either. lol
Anyway, I am not going to convention this yr but am doing a virtual convention complete with swaps, a goody box, classes, chatting, etc. I can hardly wait! I know we only have a few more weeks until the week arrives but I want it now!! I am seriously considering fueling up the jet and making a run for the SU headquarters and snagging a couple of new cattys before they ship out. Anyone want to join me? We can take the scenic route and get some cool pics for scrapping. I am saving my pennies and dimes, and nickels and trying to talk my dh and dc out of some more cash since I lost about 1/2 my stamps to the retirement list. Ebay here I come...which reminds me...I need to start posting items...so much nicer than garage sales...I can do this in my pjs. Well, off to start taking pics of stuff and getting write ups done so I can rid myslef of some junk and line my stampin/scrappin pockets with some new catty money.
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 10:38 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Default new catalog madness

Alright, all you excited people! Who can I call to compare notes with when I receive my new catalog?? I don't think the stampers around here will be as excited as me so I hate to bug them with all my happiness!

Your excitement is so contagious! Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I don't think anyone will need to call anybody, this forum is going to be jammed with comments, can't wait!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2004, 11:52 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so excited about it as well and I can't wait to see it!

Now, this may be a silly question but do they ship them on the 15th or are we supposed to get them on the 15th?

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes