Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-01-2008, 10:36 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supposed Archivers Sale

I got an email from Archivers earlier this week advertising a HUGE CLEARANCE SALE 25-75% OFF!!! From the graphic artistry of the email I'm expecting a big sale of random stuff they want to move out of the store and make room for more stuff. I made big plans with my sister to go there today and maybe pick up some goodies that I've been putting off cuz hey, with that kind of discount now would be the time to do it right??? We walk in there and scout the store for the "sale" items. i asked the clerk where the sale items are, thinking there would be signs on top of the displays, when imagine our surprise and disappointment to find that the "sale" items were the same old things you can find anyday back in the corner where they always are. Talk about deceptive/false advertising! :( I talked to the clerk about it and she said they were expecting the same thing we were, big sale, lots of customers, etc. Anyone else experience this?????

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

No, but then, I've gotten used to Archiver's lack of quality sales. lol I do like scouting out our clearance corner, though--they rotate stock in ours quite a bit, and I can always find a good deal. Although lately, they've started embedding some of the clearance stuff within the regular store--smarties--they know I'll browse the whole place to scout out anymore decent deals. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 11:13 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

I'm good at hunting for deals in the store too, my beef is that the email infers a big storewide clearance sale when that is not the case. The sale items are the same clearance items they have there any day of the week. I guess it makes me mad that they sent out such a deceptive message. Shame on them!!! :mad:

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I figured it wasn't anything major. I was there last week for a crop and there was a ton of stuff with 25% off stickers on it. I was figuring it was just a continuation of that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

They have some cute stuff for high prices, but sometimes they are the only place I can find it if I really need it, like black and copper jumbo eyelets.
The only thing I've found at Archivers that I usually need consistently, and makes it worth my trip, is unique ribbon by the yard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Y'all are lucky to live close enough to an Archiver's store to drive there...I wouldn't know how to act if I lived close to one...like some crazed stamp-starved and ink-bleedin' woman, I'm thinkin'!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

My Archivers is less than a mile from where I work; I went there on Thursday during my lunch hour because I needed to use my free cardstock coupon. I did buy a couple of stamps on clearance; there were a lot of new items in the clearance area and throughout the store. I could have bought A LOT more; however I am trying to be "good"! I did use my latest "30% off" coupon on a Hero Arts Clear stamp set~Archivers has the best selection of Hero Arts Clear stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

I haven't seen this advertisement.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was also disappointed when I went. I was expecting more. I had to look at every single item for the stickers and there was nothing I wanted or needed. I never saw one sticker for 75% off. everthing I saw said 25% off. I did use my 30% off coupon and got the scor-it mini but that was the only thing I bought
Old 03-01-2008, 12:28 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Michaels does the same thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Our Archiver's moved there clearance section up front and they have a smaller one in the back by the crop room...I found quite a few small brag books I am altering for a future craft show there for $.25/ea...I couldn't beat it...They were in the 'Hot Spot' for $1.00 and had 75% off....I bought all of them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 02:17 PM   #12  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 379 Likes on 324 Posts

Thanks for the heads up! My Archiver's is 45 minutes away. Glad to know it isn't worth the drive!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Am I the only one that thinks a drive to Archiver's is ALWAYS worth it (I live an hour away from one). :lol: They're much easier on my senses than Hobby Lobby or Michael's (though I go to those too when I am near them). I walk in there an my imagination goes into overdrive as to what I could do with such and such and this and that....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

I live about 40 minutes away from Archivers. A friend and I made plans to drive there this morning because of the email. There were a few more things on sale - things here and there throughout the store with 25% or 50% off but nothing exciting. Usually the only things on sale in our Archivers is moved to the back of the store. We were disappointed in the sale - seems the only thing different was that rather than moving the items to the normal clearance section, they left things in their original spot.But--- there are so many things there you can't find anywhere else and such a huge selection of DP that we were very happy and bought lots of stuff!! I also did not notice anything at 75% off but honestly, after strolling around for awhile and getting excited about what I was finding, I forgot all about the sale and just shopped!!! I wish the store was closer!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I did not get that email but was there to get my free paper(I had 2 coupons) and there was a big sign on the door. The only sale thing I got was some Prisma's for 25% off. And some MM containers for my flowers. But I would have been upset if I felt misled and had driven a long way to get there. The only 75% stuff I saw was some books that had been 19.95 anyway. I am so sorry you were taken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 08:33 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Archiver's is just like any other chain--they advertised their clearance but most likely didn't have much more on sale than usual. Same as sidewalk sales. They get their markdowns on Tuesdays, so check the store on Wednesdays if you want to check out the deals.

"I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2008, 09:40 PM   #17  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month November 2012

Received 205 Likes on 158 Posts

Big signs but sale items were disappointing. I saw nothing for 75% off. They are overpriced to begin with, so 25% off only brings the price down to what it should be in the first place. Their selection is great but their prices just don't jibe with my pocketbook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2008, 03:26 AM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I didn't drive the 30 minutes to get to my nearest Archiver's! I got the ad in the mail and was pretty tempted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I got coupons in the mail today! 2 coupons for 30% off and one for 5 sheets of free paper. Can not wait to go. When you are in the store give them your email and you will get email coupons then coupons in the mail. It has been about 6 weeks getting the mail coupons. I got email coupons right away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #20  
Crimping Master

I only go to Archiver's for my free paper and to use my coupons. They have continually gone down hill with customer service and "sales" in my opinoin. Not that Mike's or Jo's are any better....same thing use my coupon and get out of the store. If you want to find anything new and hot you have to shop online....and I'd much rather give my money to a small store than a giant chain that could care less about my business. JMHO
Reply With Quote Likes