Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-31-2005, 03:26 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 252 Likes on 177 Posts
Default Christmas is only 5 months away, what gifts are you going to make this year?

I was just thinking with the holidays only being 5 months away, what are you planning to make? I am in about 15 different recipe swaps so i thought i may take some of the recipes and make nice books out of them and give them out.

Don't know what else i can do. Last year I did the CD calendars and those were a huge hit but i want to do something different this year.

Sherri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 04:00 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im a Nail Technician, I usually make gifts for my clients every year. Last year I made snowman soup gifts. This year I was thinking of candles, but I have 40+ clients. It gets hard to make and store all of these gifts, not to mention the cost to make all of them...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I sell Arbonne so I was thinking about their fun little salt scrubs and lotions. Also, there's a really yummy specialty BBQ place that makes and bottles their own sauce (near me). I can use the BBQ set from the Summer Mini and the Spa set from the catty to make "wraps" for the lotions and bottle of sauce, also coordinating cards. Can you tell I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet? I need to make a list and see what everything will cost. I may give an assortment of cards to a few people (who would appreciate that kind of thing).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 07:56 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm going to make stamped calendars for mom,gram and mom in law! I'm in the process of putting together little packs of homemade cards for friends and relatives and I have a great Irish Blessing and Claddaugh stamp and I just framed it and it looks professional, so I think that I'm making them for all of the Aunts and Uncles!!!!!
I think that I'd better get moving!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 08:16 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I have a long list and I have barely started. For DH's stepmom and grandma I'm making card organizers and filling it with handmade cards. For my mom I'm using the Balmy Breezes set and making coasters, picture frames, candles and a wooden box. Teachers I'm making some cards and other little various gifts. I would also like to make the glass oranments for all of our relatives. For nieces and nephews I'm stamping plastic boxes and filling them with crayons, markers, stickers and other various items from the dollar spot and dollar tree. Kind of a grab bag of sorts. I'm sure there are more things on my list it's just this is all can think of off the top of my head.

All children are gifted...some just open their package sooner than others.
Check out my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 09:51 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Each Christmas I make someone a gift with my stamps. Last year I also made post-it note holders and microbead pens for my co-workers. I have made ornaments and coasters too. I also stamped on copper metal sheets and dry embossed it and then framed these. They made beautiful gifts. This year I want to use the new Artifacts set and stamp some framed art like the one on the back of the summer mini.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 05:22 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

I was thinking of doing some monogramed card sets using the new larger SU alphabet sets this year. I also knit and crochet and have already begun a few projects.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 05:46 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

You guys are so organized I haven't even gotten a list together yet of who I am going to make gifts for much less what.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:28 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

My Neighbors will be getting homemade biscotti which will be done up with Tags and Labels all handstamped....family....hmmmm I think we will be doing store shopping for most of the family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 06:56 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Keep em coming.... you're inspiring me. I just mentioned Christmas to my husband this weekend. I said "I know you're going to think I'm crazy, But we (I) need to start thinking about what we're going to give everyone this year." He sort of rolled his eyes!!!!! Anyway, my reason for mentioning it is we are about to be adding an upstairs onto our house, it will be a construction zone for along time. I'll have my whole house worth of stuff, packed into 1/2 of my house. I figured I won't be able to stamp, scrap or create in general. So I obviously need to get started NOW! Oh yeah, to top that off we are planning to go to N.J. for Christmas. We haven't been in awhile, and my in laws are getting older...(Oh, wait so am I)! Also my teenagers would really like to see some snow! I'm going to make a list today, mostly store bought... but I love giving handmade stuff so I need to get thinking. Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 07:05 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I love Scrapbookmommy's idea of the card organizer and cards. She has inspired me with that idea. I'm going to check out the gallery for some samples. I'll probably make some coasters this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Oh, I am so excited to read your posts! I will have to come back here later to finish and then share my ideas! I have vowed to get a head start this year. It ruins my holiday spirit to cram it all in the last two weeks before Christmas! So, here's to an organized year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

last year for alot of my friends I made handmade soaps and bath salts and bath bombs, I stamped the labels and packaging, I also made several custom braceletes and beaded bookmarks.

This year I am not sure what I wanna do, I just got my hands on a print Gocco machine and fabric cloth printer attachment, for my birthday, so I will most likely make some custom templates for massage gift certificates and give out blank ones to my massage therapist friends, and possibly make lotion holsters for them as well.

For all my other friends, I might design my own fabric and make a few purses.
All this is depends on how strenuous my fall courseload will be.

I also want to make some silver art clay charms as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 08:32 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvnailart
This year I was thinking of candles, but I have 40+ clients. It gets hard to make and store all of these gifts, not to mention the cost to make all of them...
I made these votive candles at a stamp camp last year (when I had a different username, too), and they're super easy. Maybe you could do something like this, rather than larger candles?

Embellished Votive

~Trish
Be joyful because you have hope. Be patient when trouble comes, and pray at all times. Romans 12:12 (NCV)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by lroberts1977
I love Scrapbookmommy's idea of the card organizer and cards. She has inspired me with that idea. I'm going to check out the gallery for some samples. I'll probably make some coasters this year.
I'm glad I inspired you. I actually was inspired by the last issue of PaperCrafts magazine. In there are the directions for making one out of a post bound album. It was really cute and I liked the way they made the pocket part of each page. There are also some great examples in the gallery too.

All children are gifted...some just open their package sooner than others.
Check out my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

What??????????

only 5 months left????

Can that be right???? Must be a mistake!!

I know I have more time then that!

Right????????????

Please.................

Incase you have not figured it out, I have not even thought about it at all! Guess I should. 5 months is not nearly enough time!

I was planning on making some of the birthday calendars for my mom, mother-in-law and my sister and my Dad,as well as the grandparents.Was also going to include a bunch of assorted cards to go along with the calenders. Guess I had better get started! Yikes

As for the rest of the family, will probably be gift certificates to Amazon.com

Have to mail everything 1600 miles, so needs to be easy to ship.

5 months! Yikes! No where near enough time!

anyone have a time machine handy that I can borrow?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 01:01 PM   #17  
Inking Addict

I finally bit the bullet and bought a rubicoil so I will be making card organizers for family and teachers, filled with cards. I am also thinking about the coasters. I love them!
I actually had a friend ask if she could come over and make some gifts with my help this year. I was very honored!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 01:06 PM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Default My plan!

I plan on giving card organizers like this one, to my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. I will fill each month with a card or two.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

I am making coasters for my family and my dh's family. (can never have too many coasters!)

All these handmade presents are in addition to a store bought present.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am thinking about doing the Birthday calendars for co-workers and maybe my sisters.
Last year I did note card packs for co-workers. In my works program I typed A Note From ________ adding their name and then stamped the border. I was able to get 2 cards from each piece of c/s by doing 2 text blocks. I stamped the envelopes to match and tied it all together with matching ribbon.
I also did coasters, 2 yr planners, and cased a picture framed poem with the Changing Seasons 4 covered bridges which I had fallen in love with and gave that to my brother.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2005, 05:10 PM   #20  
Mad Swapper

"I actually was inspired by the last issue of PaperCrafts magazine. In there are the directions for making one out of a post bound album."

I saw that too! They had some great ideas in there. Well, they always do don't they?!?!

I was also thinking about making close friends some paint cans filled with homemade bath salts and treats. I have grown a lot of herbs this year (and have remembered to cut and dehydrate them) so I was going to find a way to use them (bath items or seasoning blends).

But I need to think of something quick easy & cheap for the, like 75, people in the neighborhood that need to know we think about them. That has me stumped.

So, should I get any bursts of inspiratin I will let you know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 09:01 AM   #21  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by outsiderartist

This year I am not sure what I wanna do, I just got my hands on a print Gocco machine and fabric cloth printer attachment, for my birthday, so I will most likely make some custom templates for massage gift certificates and give out blank ones to my massage therapist friends, and possibly make lotion holsters for them as well.
What is this Gocco machine? I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 10:07 AM   #22  
Glitter Guru

Let see this year

Glass etched vases for close friends and family - along with handmade card sets

for my grandmother I am giving her a 6x6 album with the title page done and plan to send her a 2 page spread every month with pictures from that month of her great-granddaughters...will probably do this for my MIL too. That way at the end of the year they have a nice little scrapbook all done...plus they can be assured of getting something in the mail every month

for my nieces - I think this year I am going to get them the Tattoo Kit (goodness won't my SIL's love me)

for my girls preschool class - last year I did "Kids Color It Cards" - where I took the stamps from Little Layers and stamped all over white cards stock and then cut them down so they fit on the front of a folded card (I used inexpensive colored cardstock from Micheals) with 1/4" of the edge of the cardstock showing. I put 6 in a cello bag along with a pack of crayons (got them from $1 store - 4 per pack for $1) and gave them to my girls classmates...I had 3 moms tell me they LOVED them and about a month ago one of the moms asked me if I was going to do it again for the kids again this year....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2005, 10:22 AM   #23  
Mad Swapper

Oh my goodness! That crayon coloring card kit idea is so great! And with the Crayola crayon boxes of 24 (Wal-MArt had them for 20 cents) on sale for back to school that would be so cheap and easy to put together! That is so cool!

Guess what I am going to be buying this week..... LOL

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 05:55 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

I wanted to givethis a bump to see what other great things you gals will be doing this season. I went and bought TOO many crayons from Wally World so I know I will be doing the kit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 06:20 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

I am knitting socks this year. I will learn out to finish off the Toe this evening and then will start my match for the pair. Then I will start getting busy on making pairs for everyone in my family.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 06:48 AM   #26  
Gallery Gazer

I'm so inspired! I'm thinking about coasters and planners. How fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 12:30 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Christmas

Last year I bought a bunch of giant sized Hershy candy bars and printed off the homemade Christmas fudge poem off of this website. I stamped the labels with snowflakes and put a little bit of glitter on it and gave them to my neighbors and coworkers. Everyone loved them and it was cheap and easy. My local grocery store had the candy bars on sale for $1.00. Hope I can find something that cheap this year.

Kathy Reader
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just pulled out my PaperCrafts issue after seeing the post about the albums and WOW, I love it! That will be what my mom is going to get
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 02:36 PM   #29  
Matboard Maniac

I'm leaning towards tile coasters stamped with Gorgeous Grapes packaged with a bottle of red wine. Now that I have a Stamp-a-ma-gig that task no longer seems daunting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 03:10 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Christmas ideas

For the past 3 years, I have made 3 x 5 calendars that go in the plastic frames from Wal mart. Each year, I have more people ask to be put on my Christmas list. I have already had 5 people remind me that this is their favorite Christmas gift.

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2005, 07:12 PM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

Does anyone have pictures of their great creations! I am always wondering what some of the finished products look like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 07:22 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

where do you recommend getting that ribcoil? I think that is the binding system to make your own notebooks, right? I would love to get one and do exactly what you are going to do - notecard journal organizers. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!

heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 07:32 PM   #33  
Kookie Creator

Default Greeting Card Sets

I bought 20 of the plastic boxes at Paper Zone for homemade card sets.

I am make 20 sets of 6 cards each,, all occasion greeting cards...

the boxes have been stamped and painted with stained glass paints,,

I have 3 sets of 20 cards finished already.

I did an asian theme, and one with Espress yourself, and Lovely as a tree.

This will be for all my co-workers and friends,,,

thats it ,,,
A DAY WITHOUT STAMPING IS
BORING

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...0&ppuser=36273
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

I am currently obsessed with the new Wild Asparagus papers...for Xmas I'm making my Mum & Mil the card organiser out of Papercrafts using the WA paper, I'm making FIL a scrapbook of our trip with them to DisneyWorld, I'm going to make the blocks that have photos on them for my kids & nieces....(also in papercraft).
We always make calendars & last yr I used the kids artwork for each month & it was a HUGE hit with G'parents. I also send them a 6x6 album & send a page each month to add...they love that.

For G'parents Day I scrapped a 12x12 page (using wild asparagus of course) & framed it in a big frame from IKEA, it looks so cool, I'll try & take a pic tomorrow...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 04:43 AM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scatteredscrapper
where do you recommend getting that ribcoil? I think that is the binding system to make your own notebooks, right? I would love to get one and do exactly what you are going to do - notecard journal organizers. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!

heather
I would suggest http://www.laminatorwarehouse.com/rubicoil.html

That is the cheapest I have found it. And if you contact user joyofstamping here on SCS she has TONS of coils in all sorts of colors that you can choose from. And she is a sweetie pie to deal with!!! Hope that helps...just don't tell your hubby it was me who told you!!! LOL HA HAHAHAHA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 07:22 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

Location: I'm a member of the divine secret sister witness protection program!
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
for my girls preschool class - last year I did "Kids Color It Cards" - where I took the stamps from Little Layers and stamped all over white cards stock and then cut them down so they fit on the front of a folded card (I used inexpensive colored cardstock from Micheals) with 1/4" of the edge of the cardstock showing. I put 6 in a cello bag along with a pack of crayons (got them from $1 store - 4 per pack for $1) and gave them to my girls classmates...I had 3 moms tell me they LOVED them and about a month ago one of the moms asked me if I was going to do it again for the kids again this year....

I love this idea!!! I just signed up for Valentine treat bags... how fun would that be with some fun candy!
SCS member #16986
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Definitely coasters with Balmy Breezes.

Post-it-Nite holders with RSVP pens for gifts for school secretaries or an extra teacher gift.

I made cards for my Mom for Mothers' Day and put them in a Target card organizer and she loved them!
I intend to make her more cards and make cards and an organizer for MIL. Thanks to Beate's tutorial and my new Rubicoil I won't need to go to Target!

Keri's biscotti gift sounds wonderful! Would you share the recipe Keri?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 09:48 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm going to make 'Card Organizers' I think they are really neat.... Plus special handmade cards to go with them... I am addicted to them now.....

and of Course handmade Christmas cards.....

Only 127 days to go...... Geez I better get crackin'.... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 10:39 AM   #39  
Inking Addict

The coloring set idea is great! You could go one step further!
Last weekend, I was showing my daughter the new water color crayons. My 2 1/2 yr. grandaughter wanted to play, too. And I didn't want her breaking my new toys! I colored a few things real light with the wc crayons and gave her a paint brush and water. She couldn't get enough of that painting!
It's like when you buy - or used to buy- those little books that had dots on the pictures and you used water and a paint brush! But you've made it yourself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2005, 10:40 AM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadgeRPh

Keri's biscotti gift sounds wonderful! Would you share the recipe Keri?
Sure let me find it again!!! Then I will post it!
Reply With Quote Likes