View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 AM   #11
JulieHRR
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
There is no requirement that anyone post any details about their cards when they upload, though good SCS ettiquette is to list at least the card "recipe" (card stock, ink, stamps, and accessories plus any techniques used. This is especially true if a blog address is listed in the description. That way if someone needs the basic informaiton, they do not need to leave SCS to get it.

I agree that without the basic infomation asking someone to visit the blog and leave this site is somewhat annoying. However, it sounds like the card referred to in the OP did list the basic recipe, and the only fault of the person uploading is that they did not post imore details about the card in the description but, instead, referred people to her blog.

I don't have a problem with that. If I want more details I can click on the blogand if not I can stick to the basic infoation provided and stay here. There are many times that information included on the blog canot be included here. For example, I posted a card last night that was inspired by my aunt's shirt, and I asked viewers to go to my blog for a photo of the shirt, which I could not have included here. Sometimes the card maker will also include a tutorial on the blog or other information that canot be easily put into the SCS description.

To me, the fact that someone took the time to upload the card here to share with us and inspire us is a good thing in and of itself, and as long as they include the basic recipe I do not feel like they're only posting to increase their blog traffic.
Thank you, Diane!

Yes, good netiquette is *always* appreciated!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!