Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: I AM A NEW DEMONSTRATOR--CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW DEMONSTRATOR??? 0 0%
SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW DEMONSTRATOR?? 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Location: Trying to Stamp~But heading off to Sports, School & whatever else can fit into a day!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Demonstrator Here!!

;) Hi to all you fellow Stampers, I have decided to try to sale Stampin� Up. I am very nervous as I am so not a salesperson�but I really feel that this is the way God is leading me right now. I am stay at home mom of 2 lil� girls and a wife (16 years) to a wonderful husband and I LOVE to STAMP!! So, here I am!! Does any one have any suggestions that may help me out with my little venture? I am not sure how this all works to be honest with you. I see all the card swaps, etc. and I am very interested in that. I really appreciate the help. Blessings, Kristy

Last edited by tenmonkey; 08-01-2005 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Get Rid of Caps
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 09:10 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Hi Kristy - Welcome to the demo sisterhood!!!! You'll have a marvelous time getting your feet wet.

A couple of suggestions - when you type in all caps, people think you are shouting....lol.
Join the demo forum - on the home page - on the left - user groups.
There are lots of suggestions about growing your business. You have to apply and then you'll be approved and when you are in the forums, a whole other set of forums will appear.
Just ask away - and someone here will be along to help out.
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 09:12 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

You don't really ahve to be the sales person per se to do well at Stampin UP. Just make lots of cards and scrapbook pages and show them to everyone. Start mailing cards to people for any and every occasion. Some of those people will get hooked. Also, take your catalogs everywhere and look at them in public. People will ask and want to see. My best customer came from this - I kept taking cards to show her and she was like - no, this stuff is way to expensive - I said "host a party - and get it for free" so she did - my party (my first party mind you) was $1100! Of course it was during SAB so that helped - but there are always little promos to help you.

Just keep the product out there - if you don't show it - you won't sell it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 11:22 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Hi Kristy,
Welcome to SU! I am not really a salesperson either. I just started out by inviting my friends, family and co-workers to workshops. They are my best customers. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 01:16 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Default I am a new demonstrator--- can anyone help me out?

Welcome!!! My advice is just jump in feet first! Share what you're doing with everyone you know and stamp, stamp, stamp! Our product sells itself and with a little creativity and planning, you can boost sales even more! I have done this for 9 years and I think Stamping alot is the key to sharing alot! With your excitement you'll do great!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 02:51 PM   #6  
Crimping Master

Location: Trying to Stamp~But heading off to Sports, School & whatever else can fit into a day!!

Hi Cherie, Thank you for your advice. I completely agree that Stampin' Up sales itself. I have had many parties and have done very well at them. I enjoy stampin'. Thanks Again...Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 02:56 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Hi Tesno, Thank you for your welcome. I am starting with my friends and hopefully it will grow from there. Honestly, I just want to have fun! It sounds like Stampin' Up is fun! I have had many parties--now, I am on the other side of the Stampin' Up. Thanks Again...I am looking forward to meeting alot of people in this site. Everyone seems really nice--which is awesome for a new person like myself. Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #8  
Sassy Shani

I am not a SU demo, just a SU addict. I wanted to say Hi and welcome to SCS. I live in Oregon as well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Kristy, I'm not a demo either but just wanted to say Welcome!

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 04:58 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Hi and welcome!
I am not a salesperson either, so I made my first step by taking over the card ministry at church. So, now my church is a customer. By doing this, everyone in your church will receive a handmade card (whether by you or a group of people) and it may strike up interest/business. My best customers are people I met/know through church.
Also, start asking friends/family to host a workshop for you and bring people you may not necessarily know.
HTH!
BEST OF LUCK!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

Hi Jenn, Thank you so much for your post. That is a WONDERFUL idea about taking over the card ministry(for birthdays, anniversaries, ect.) at church. Right now, I send cards to our youth for their birthdays. I will check into doing it for the rest of our church. I see that you are a Mommy of a "Heaven Baby" also. We are proud parents of several "Heaven Babies". God has blessed us with two lil' angels now. Thank you again and looking forward to this. Happy Stampin' Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 05:53 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Hi Shanon, WOW...I think that I am really going to enjoy SCS. You guys are so nice...Thank you. Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 05:54 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

Hi Dstrommi, Thank you...I also am a SU addict. That is probably why God has lead me this way!! I am looking forward to this! Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 06:21 PM   #14  
Mini Quack

Default can any one

Hello and welcome...If you like the product that is over half the battle...one thing no one else mentioed is to try to get a club to reach your minimum...like 6 ladies spending $25.00 each month for 6 months..or 10 spending $ 15.00 each nonth...or a marker club 4 ladies each pick a color family , a different one each month...you buy the entire se and divide it out...at the end of 4 months each will get the case as well...
just little things to guarantee you meeting your minimum...

Good Luck hope uou do well and I know you will like it here as well...they are all full of creativity and so very helpful...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Hi Soni, Thank you for the Great Ideas. Can you please explain the "Marker Club" to me. That sounds different and fun also. Thank you...I am looking forward to seeing everyones creativity here and yes, it seems everyone so far is reall nice and helpful. I love it as I seem to be a shy one-(until I get to know people). Thank you again...Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #16  
Sassy Shani

Kristy Kristy Kristy my fellow Oregonian. You better get over your shyness. That is NOT acceptable here on SCS. We are all crazy, goofy, silly, weird, dorky stampers! One of us will get you outta your "shy shell". Where in Oregon are ya?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tenmonkey
Hi Soni, Thank you for the Great Ideas. Can you please explain the "Marker Club" to me. That sounds different and fun also. Thank you...I am looking forward to seeing everyones creativity here and yes, it seems everyone so far is reall nice and helpful. I love it as I seem to be a shy one-(until I get to know people). Thank you again...Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 05:34 AM   #17  
Crimping Master

Hi Shanon, You are funny. See-I am shy until I get to know you and then I get to be crazy, ect. I live in Oregon City...Where are you at? Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 10:28 AM   #18  
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Smile

The marker club that Soni B mentioned is when you have 4 people (can include you) that want all of the markers, but don't want to buy the big set all at once. You order the big set, but each of the 4 people get one color family each of the four months. Since you order the big set each month, everyone also ends up with the big case.

Welcome to SCS! I hope to see you in the demo forum soon! It's easy to come out of your shy shell around here. These people are great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 10:47 AM   #19  
Sassy Shani

I am in Tigard. My friend Ann who is also on here lives in Oregon City. Her user name is Stamps and cars. Her artwork is BEAUTIFUL. She has been doing this since 1988. I should have her send you a pm. What do ya think?
Quote:

Hi Shanon, You are funny. See-I am shy until I get to know you and then I get to be crazy, ect. I live in Oregon City...Where are you at? Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 10:48 AM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

;) GOOD MORNING...I HAVE DECIDED TO TRY TO SALE STAMPIN' UP--I AM VERY NERVOUS AS I AM SO NOT A SALESPERSON...BUT I REALLY FEEL THAT THIS IS THE WAY GOD IS LEADING ME RIGHT NOW. I AM A STAY AT MOM OF TWO LIL' GIRLS AND LOVE TO STAMP. SO....HERE I AM!! DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT MAY HELP ME OUT WITH MY LITTLE VENTURE? I AM NOT SURE HOW THIS ALL WORKS TO BE HONEST WITH YOU ALL. I SEE ALL THE CARD SWAPS, ECT AND I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THAT ALSO. I REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP. BLESSINGS, KRISTY
Hi Kristy!

The best way to get started is just share, share, share! The more you stamp and share your work with others the more interest you will spark in your venture. I got started through stamping with my girl scouts and then the teachers at school saw me doing some projects while I was subbing. Have a fun stamp day for your friends, but DON'T start out by just letting them use your stuff free all the time! They will want to do that always. Maybe have them help with a project for church or school and then just let people know what you do.
I believe in the "if you build it they will come approach" so start out as if you have a huge customer base, even if you only have one customer. Offer a regular stamp night to keep people stamping(I do stamp camp and scrap camp once a month, but offered it for 6 months before anyone took me up on it way back when!) And send out at least an email update once a month to keep your name in front of your customers. Keep a customer list. This is the most valuable marketing tool you can have in the future.
Get a good start by holding your own workshop and don't be afraid to let people know what your goals are! Your friends will want to help you. And treat every workshop like it may be your last and make sure you seek those bookings! Your goal should be to get one or two bookings at every workshop, the sales will only continue if you get those bookings! You don't really have to "sell" this stuff your enthusiasm can do that for you!

Good luck and have fun!
Belinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 12:08 PM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Kristy!

I completely agree with Belinda! The whole time I was reading I was thinking enthusiam! I didn't think that I would do very well at this because I'm not much of a salesperson myself. If someone said that they didn't think they would like it I would just say "ok" & drop it. But I learned that you can say ok but call them every so often. I let everyone see my enthusiam which in turn made them enthusiastic about the product. Does than make sense?! Is that a word?! I didn't get much sleep last night & got up early for church so my brain isn't functioning properly right now!! LOL! Anyway, I also send cards for everything. People eventually ask about them. It's a great way to generate interest. I also leave mini catalogs & old catalogs at doctors offices & places like that. I've gotten several customers that way! Good luck & welcome!!

Want to save money on prescriptions, dental, & vision?! Check out my website!
www.everyonebenefits.com/jhcole
Do you want to make money? A lifetime of residual income?! You have to visit www.myhomebusinesspays.com/jhcole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Hey Shanon, I would love to have your friend send me a pm. Tigard---We lived in Tualatin until two years ago and then moved closer to the airport for my husband and closer to our church!! SMALL WORLD!! Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #23  
Crimping Master

Hi Jamie, That is a GREAT IDEA about leaving catalogs at business's if they will let you. I also send cards for EVERYTHING & ANYTHING--every holiday I make cards for and send them. Yes, I get people always saying that they really like them---but now I have to figure out how to talk to them about having parties, ect. I love having parties...I will get there. My husband is the "salesperson"...you would think that I would learn from him after being together for 20 years!! HA HA!! He is AWESOME!! Anyways, thanks again and looking forward to chatting with you again...Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2005, 01:37 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Hi Belinda, Thank you for your post. I am trying to get a "Stamp Club" up and running right now. I have a few people interested and will hold my first one on the 20th. I am looking forward to it. Blessings, Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #25  
Crimping Master

Hi Shanon, I just found out what "Texas Baby" is from Ann. How cool and awesome is that!! Have a Great Time. Blessings, Kristy*U*
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi,welcome,Good luck I've been here a little bit and it's awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 01:46 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a cute welcome I am sure you will find all that you need here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 02:02 PM   #28  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

Kristy, Don't believe her! She is the only one here like that! ;)
Welocme form Texas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanon
Kristy Kristy Kristy my fellow Oregonian. You better get over your shyness. That is NOT acceptable here on SCS. We are all crazy, goofy, silly, weird, dorky stampers! One of us will get you outta your "shy shell". Where in Oregon are ya?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2005, 02:29 PM   #29  
Sassy Shani

Actually Debi is the BIGGEST dork on here.:p I'm glad you talked to Ann. She is awesome at what she does. Hopefully you 2 can get together soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyu
Kristy, Don't believe her! She is the only one here like that! ;)
Welocme form Texas!
Reply With Quote Likes