Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:20 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas for wedding invitations

My daughter just got engaged on Christmas and is planning a October wedding. Does anyone have an ideas or know of a web-site to make our own wedding invitations? She has decided on brown and burnt orange as her colors with fall leaves and mums. Thanks for the help!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 01:56 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Give me a few days, and I will have a few. I am doing my boss's wedding invites.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

My daughter got ebgaged for Christmas too! She is leaning toward a September wedding. So far, no idea of colors. Planning will be very interesting as she is in Hawaii and the wedding will be in MD...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 02:10 PM   #4  
Compulsive Stamper

I just got engaged at christmas too. I would love to see what you can come up with. We haven't set a date yet but are thinking a fall wedding. I think our colors will be Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip. My fiance wants to do airline ticket inviations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

My daughter is getting married next month and we did hers as Gate fold with a ribbon tied around it, they turned out beautifully. I would post one but she has them all. Good luck to you all.

It's in the Cards! My Blog

Pinterest
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I also got engaged for christmas and have most of my invatations made already. My colors are bravo burgundy, black and white. My invatations are pocket cards made out of white stamped with delight in life and the insert is bravo burgundy with vellum over the top.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 09:34 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

subscribing.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 08:12 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Default Wedding Creations Magazine

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a new or used Wedding Creations Magazine. They are sold out on the Creating Keepsakes website and I cannot find it on Ebay. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I love these invites. Most are very unique and colorful.

http://www.paperandinkstudio.com/

click on portfolio to see samples.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 10:55 AM   #10  
Glitter Queen

Anyone have any ideas for Save the date cards???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Subscribing - my daughter got engaged on Christmas too and I'll be making her invitations.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #12  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine from mygatsby.com. They were pocket fold cards and pricey, but fabulous. Get on their mailing list and they should send you a 10% off coupon. Get on now, as it took them a while to send me it.

My cards were crimson with ecru inserts and an ecru invitation with gold backing. I left the outside of the card plain and then when you opened it you saw the invite and then the pocket with the reply card (a postcard), reception card, and directions. I kept it very simple as (1) I wanted them elegant, and (2) I had to make a ton of them. I stamped the swirly thing from Baroque Motifs in River Rock (stamped off once first) onto the invite itself over the printing. I tied the outside of the invite closed with a gold organdy ribbon and then used a olive wax seal to hold the ribbon on. I found a wax seal press thing with his initial on it at Hobby Lobby in the clearance aisle for 85 cents and it was perfect. I also used gilding paste to highlight the "P" in the seal with gold.

Clear as mud? I'll try to get my husband to locate the camera battery so I can take pictures of it and post them. However, he's been working really late this week, so it may be the weekend before I can post. I think I may still have an invitation left. If not, I need to find the stuff and make another one anyway for my book.

I also did my own save the dates. I did a gatefold in crimson and then put the info inside printed on VV cardstock. I stamped the same stamp from Baroque Motifs inside in River Rock. I got many, many compliments on both cards too, so I must have done something right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2008, 12:25 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Check out my gallery. I have quite a few sample wedding invites posted there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I made my own wedding invitations for the most part. I have some pics posted in this thread (scroll down to bottom of thread)
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Also, here is info on how I made them, vendors used, etc. PM me if you have any more questions or want more info!

INVITE VENDORS & INFORMATION:

Cards & Pockets - www.cardsandpockets.com - pocket folds & blue mounting mat purchased here. GREAT quality, speedy delivery, amazing customer service. HIGHLY recommend!!

Prim & Pixie - www.primandpixie.com - I used these gals for the design & printing portion of my invites. They were SUPER helpful, even though they are located in CA and I'm in MA. I emailed with them what I wanted & envisioned, and they worked with me to get it right.

The 2 fonts I used were "Scriptina" and "Bernhard Fashion".

1 - I purchased some samples from Cards & Pockets - I checked out their different pocket folds, inserts, etc. In the end, I ended up purchasing my pocket folds, and invitation mat (the big blue square behind the actual invite) from them. I didn't purchase the printable inserts from them. (i will explain why in next step)

2 - I shopped around for someone who would take an original design from ME, and print it with thermography ink. I ended up getting a decent quote through Prim & Pixie. They were able to take my original design with fonts & all, and organize it so that everything would fit perfectly. I got some paper samples from them, and they had a beautiful heavy weight cream cardstock that I ended up using. I could have used my own paper, but it would have been more expensive. The way thermography works, they charge you at each pass through the printer. So, what Prim & Pixie did was take all my inserts and arrange them on 2 pieces of cardstock, and then once they were printed, they were then cut for me. This way, I only needed 2 pieces passed through the printers (much less $$). Having them pre-cut everything for me also saved me a TON of time & aggravation!

3 - I then received all my ingredients and used the products from Cards & Pockets to adhere everything together. They have some great adhesives on that site, that truly do work really well. They are also very reasonable in price.

4 - I printed the return addresses on the RSVP envelope & on the back flap of my large envelopes myself (using inkjet printer). I then brought the large envelopes to Cordially Yours, to have them done by Calligrapher. (funny, I didnt see myself doing this but in the end it wasn't all that pricey and saved me SO much time since I didn't have to write or print them myself)

If you are wondering how I did my own samples, I simply played around in Microsoft Powerpoint, and took screenshots, to give them an idea of what I was looking for. Prim & Pixie girls were great at helping me along with this too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 02:48 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I am making wedding invitations for my son. On white cardstock I have stamped three long stem flowers with the bottom ends of the stems slightly overlapping each other. I'd like to find a stamp that looks like a bow with ribbons hanging down to stamp over the part where all three stems come together. Does anyone know of a stamp that looks like a bow with ribbons either in a store or online?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2008, 02:52 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

My DD got engaged last summer and is planning a September wedding too. Her colors are Postivitely Pink, Going Gray, and Black. Wouldn't you know that the going gray cardstock is no longer available to order!!!! Thanks to my SCS friends they have helped me fill that one thing for the wedding.
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi! If you are still looking for ideas, I just uploaded all my wedding stationery from September to my gallery and blog. Enjoy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 02:51 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

oops. I guess my wedding stuff didn't have enough stamping involved, so SCS deleted it from my gallery. Oh well, you can still check it out on my blog, if you'd like...

Link in profile. Post from February 21, 2008.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly622View Post
Anyone have any ideas for Save the date cards???
Have to say that we got a save the date magnet at Christmas for this coming November, which is great because it has the date on it and is on the fridge - I like that she was thinking about where people need to keep this information to remember.;) I know these were printed but there are plenty of other creative opportunities at weddings.
Reply With Quote Likes