View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #31
Circe
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScramperJView Post
I am a new stamper and I'm having a hard time getting an even image. One area will be dark and another light. Any suggestions on how to get a nice even impression on larger stamps? BTW it's not the inking I'm having problems with, just the pressing. I've been standing and using the palm of my hand to press firmly.

Also, any advice on using chalk inks? I've got the Colorbox and the VersaMagic. Versamagic seems to give a cleaner image than colorbox. Anyone else have the same experience?

Any tips/advice would be appreciated. TIA!
With larger stamps (once they are inked by whatever method you choose) I press them onto the cardstock firmly then, holding it in place (near the centre of the stamp) with the fingers of one hand, I walk all over the stamp with fingers of other hand. This makes sure that pressure is applied evenly over the entire surface of the stamp and works well for me.

I love chalk inks - that soft, muted, slightly aged effect. I have mostly Colorbox and find differences between different colours - I think some pigments just work differently. (That's a lot of differences )

In addition to stamping images, I use the chalk inks with a stencil brush or a sponge for applying soft swirls of colour to the image and background.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. Gandhi
My (poor, neglected) Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!