Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-11-2004, 06:42 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I find out... Monthly stamp clubs...

I would love to be part of a monthly SU stamp club. Is there any way to find out if there already is one in my area? If not, is there any easy way to go about trying to get one started?

THanks for your help.

(And EmilySueSue, if you read this, yes, I am the same StillJulie you know and love. )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2004, 06:46 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I'd ask your current demo if she has one going or plans on starting one.

If she has no plans for one, then I'd go to the demo locator on http://www.stampinup.com and call the numbers that it gives you for demos in your area and ask. Keep in mind that they website will not give your info to the demos, so you'll have to be the one to make the call.

If none of them have a club going, maybe you could ask here.
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2004, 06:48 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

If you have a demonstrator, ask her if she has a stamp club. If not, you could use the demonstrator locator and find demos near you and ask them.

Good luck!

my blog http://stampingwithsharon.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2004, 10:26 AM   #4  
Inking Addict

Do you mean a monthly swap?? That would be easy to find for you. Are you a demon?

stay at home mom of 2 girls who are IN SCHOOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 05:04 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Default Re: How can I find out... Monthly stamp clubs...

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillJulie
(And EmilySueSue, if you read this, yes, I am the same StillJulie you know and love. )
Hello Hello - I KNOW AND LOVE YOU TOO!!!

Besides talking to your demo - talk to your friends and just start one. You could do it like a "book show" and take orders if someone is interested or just have the gang over to stamp.

If it ends up that you all are ordering all the time - then do a drawing for who gets the hostess bennies for that evening!

I am in one in my area and I LOVE IT! We have 8 of us and each are committed to a $30 min (Making it a $250 show each month). You certainly don't have to set a min and you can either bring your own stuff for a "free form night" or plan a project and tell then what to bring if you don't want to incur the expense..... or TELL THEM YOU NEED $X to cover costs and YOU will make sure all the stuff is there!

or BECOME A DEMO!

If you end up with duplicates or things you already own - from what I hear - if you are a demo you either USE up the supplies OR can use the extra stamps etc as "incentives" or "hostess appreciation gifts" - which cost you money - which become and expense - which are a deduction for taxes as a small business owner.

Smiles

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 06:12 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

My upline has one and it's a Stamper 10...each person is required to purchase at least $15 worth of merchandise each month...that way the hostess of the month gets hostess benefits. I just joined hers and will start next month!

I know that sounds crazy for a demo to be in her upline's stamper 10...but she had an opening and I will probably be an inactive demo come the end of the year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 10:10 AM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default STAMPERS 10

I wanted to join a stampers 10 club in my area, too, but my demo had just moved out of state. I went on the SU website and did the demo locator thing.

I found a great demo who was starting up a group and it's going well (3 months in). Don't be discouraged if you contact several demos before finding one who's doing what you're looking for. (I tried 6! before I found one who was doing the stampers 10 thing).

I contacted them by e-mail first, in case it wasn't a good "fit". That way I wouldn't feel bad not joining their group or whatever.

Good luck and don't get discouraged!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 10:16 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

I am a current demo and I do one; the way my group chose to do it was $45 a qtr with one person being the hostess each qtr, you can work it out in anyway you want. You would probably want someone (demo) in your area so on your hostess month you could have a workshop. If you cant find a demo in your area willing to commit to this, I could help, just email me or PM me if you need help finding someone in your area, or you can't find anyone willing to commit to being a demo for this type of thing. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 10:23 AM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

I belong to one here in Spokane, WA and it is a lot of fun. If there is anyone out there who would like to join, PM me and I will give you details. We have roughly 8 to 10 girls a month and we are required to spend $15.00 a month which is not hard to do. I was the hostess in August and had a $600 workshop so I got a lot of nice things. You might list where you are from and see if that generates any interest from your area.

Sandy

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 11:04 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

What area are you in?? I'm working on getting a stamp club together. I'm in St. Louis.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 11:33 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintam2004
Do you mean a monthly swap?? That would be easy to find for you. Are you a demon?

stay at home mom of 2 girls who are IN SCHOOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

A demon!? Do demons tell you they are evil if you ask them!? Hee-Hee! I know you meant demo! :lol:
Member #7840!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 12:29 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Where are you located?
I am also Putting one together I am in middleton Idaho.

Amanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 07:51 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I have three Stampers 10 clubs going right now and always have a list of ladies wanting to get started. The clubs work well for me and the members. I have 10 gals in each group who commit to spend $15 a month for 10 months, and my kids draw names to determine who gets to be the hostess each month. From my observation and what my gals tell me, they all love being in the clubs. And my group waiting to get started is very anxious!!!

We don't get together every month to stamp, the members just call or email me with their orders by the 10th - payment is due by the 15th. Most of my stamp club members don't even know each other except through my emails or by meeting at one of my stamp classes.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, want to be a member, or start your own club!! [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 07:52 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I have three Stampers 10 clubs going right now and always have a list of ladies wanting to get started. The clubs work well for me and the members. I have 10 gals in each group who commit to spend $15 a month for 10 months, and my kids draw names to determine who gets to be the hostess each month. From my observation and what my gals tell me, they all love being in the clubs. And my group waiting to get started is very anxious!!!

We don't get together every month to stamp, the members just call or email me with their orders by the 10th - payment is due by the 15th. Most of my stamp club members don't even know each other except through my emails or by meeting at one of my stamp classes.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, want to be a member, or start your own club!! [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2004, 09:28 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have one also. I'm in Central IL. Mine is a 25/6 club. My customers commit to spend $25/mo for 6 months. We don't get together either, just communicate through email (though I do have technique classes every month).
Reply With Quote Likes