Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Why only demos?

I understand that alot of convention is for demos, but I wonder if SU has ever considered opening up part of the convention for non-demos? I have only been SU'ing for a short time and don't know alot of the history of SU so please educate.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone earlier, just trying to point out that maybe some were taking things way too serious......sorry.

THINK i posted this in the wrong place.

My pitiful blog: www.sherastamps.blogspot.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:47 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I don't really know the answer to your question, but I do know that guests are allowed to attend the Regionals (if they don't sell out). If you are really interested, you should talk to your demo about that. Regionals are a lot of fun!

My gallery
My blog!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I will definitely talk to my demo.. I always go to CK convention when in my area and I would love to see what an SU regional looked like!!!!

Thanks for responding.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering that when there was only one session of convention, it always sold out, my guess is that allowing everyone to come would make it more people than SU! could handle.

Plus, from what they've told us, they don't make any money on convention...the freebies, the meals, the materials, the rental on the convention center all costs more than we pay per person. SU! swallows the extra cost for it's demos, but if they were to let anyone attend, they would have to charge non-demos a lot more than they charge us.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 08:39 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

When I was a demo I always told my customers that Convention was a huge perk of being a demonstrator. I guess that is why I had so many people sign up.... they wanted to be a part of the action!! It is definitely worth signing up as a demo to attend. I have attended 5 Conventions and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Convention is a PERK of being a demo, and one of the few bonuses that is for demos only. If everyone was allowed to go, it would be one more reason NOT to be a demo..."cuz I can get the perks without selling the stuff!" Stampin' Up! has to provide things that draw demos in; a discount on supplies, tools to operate our business, bonuses for reaching sales goals, and opportunities to network and have fun with other demos! If you want the discount, sell the product...if you want to go to convention, sell the product. Besides that, guests are already allowed to go to regionals...so contact your demo if you really want in!

Bottom line, be a demo to get the ALL the perks!

Erin ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 08:57 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Also, while convention is FABULOUS FUN, it is training for demonstrators...it's our business and we attend classes to help us build our business. It totally helps us jumpstart the new catalog year! What a great perk for being a demonstrator!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 10:32 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
When I was a demo I always told my customers that Convention was a huge perk of being a demonstrator. I guess that is why I had so many people sign up.... they wanted to be a part of the action!! It is definitely worth signing up as a demo to attend. I have attended 5 Conventions and I wouldn't trade it for anything!

That's exactly what I was thinking....the reason I signed up 5 years ago was so that I could go to the convention. I kept wanting to go but my demo (and now UL) would just say, "well, there is a way...." but I had absolutely no interest in selling stamps! lol! The only thing that changed was that one year SU held convention in Kansas City which was driving distance for me so after much internal debate, I signed up for the sole purpose of going to convention and never intended to sell a single stamp (except to myself!) however the convention experience was SOOO fun and also very motivating in a business sense that I vowed I would never miss one...so far so good on that. I also sat there listening to what they said and after a while I started thinking, "hmmm, well I could that..." when they did the business training and when I got home from the convention I actually did tell people that I was "in business". Initally I wasn't real aggressive ;but when I realized that I was halfway to making my "Stampin' Start" (it's a bonus/incentive program for new demos) after doing one workshop for a friend of a friend, I decided to give it a go and have an Open House. And guess what, I DID make my Stampin' Start and have never looked back! Apparently I am doing ok at the selling stamps thing even though I am still definitely my own best customer especially since they started allowing hostess benefits on demo orders!

So yes, the convention experience is an extremely powerful and motivating tool to convince people like me (who would never in a million years want to sell anything) that they need to sign up. Jan (been there, done that and love it more every year!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #9  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts

I think the best answer is that it's not a convention in the sense that, say, "Rubberama" is a convention - where you have vendors gathered to sell and demo stuff.

SU!'s convention does do some selling of logo stuff, right (I've never been, tho I'm a demo), and they do have things to make, right? But it's a motivational and training event for their demos.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 02:56 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I think that Convention should be special for Demos. You have to Pay to Play (as my dearly departed mother would say)

I like coming back and telling my customers about the fun I had and wouldn't they like to be part of it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 04:24 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Default One thing to remember

Is that SU did this past year hold two events for customers. They were a "trial" event to see how they worked out I think. SU customers were invited to a night of stamping I think. Something along those lines.
I think that customers want the 'Fun' of convention with out the business end. Convention is for the demos as it is a business tool for us first and formost and then SU adds a bit of fun for us! SO that while getting tools to help run our businesses we are enjoying ourselves and networking with other SU demos and gaining ideas from them too.
I think that the non-demos have to understand that convention is just not a stamping fest but a business tool.
Become a demo! and enjoy all the perks of our stamping business.

I do believe that SU provides perks for customers with specials! Don't forget SU would not exist without its demos and customers but they do have to make a profit to run effeciently.
Sorry for going on about it!

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 05:15 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

With the Salt Palace undergoing a huge expansion, I am thinking that next year we will be back to one convention. I wouldn't be suprised if it wasn't announced when they announce convention dates the last night of 1st session. I know that SU has never really liked having two conventions as it's hard on the staff AND they know we demos don't like it. I truly doubt convention will ever be open to customers. It's a training event for demos to learn about new products and go back and share and educate their customers. If they open it to non demos, what's the point of having a demo?
JMHO!
Sharon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 05:24 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

I don't see it, personally, as a brass ring nor did I join to go. I've been a demo 5 years and have never attended. I want to but my family activities always conflict in the summer. I will some day but if I do, great and if I don't, I know I'd have been with my family on vacation somewhere fun. No big deal for me personally.

My perception of convention is that it is a business event. Absolutely it is situated in a fun atmosphere but it's not for customers. Details about policy changes, forecasts for growth, plans for the future, stats, awards... that all belongs to those who "work" for the company. I don't use the word "perk" when I think of convention. I think it's a right afforded those who can afford it and who have time. A "perk" always strikes me as something free like a bonus.

However you word it or rationalize it in your head, in my head I see it a a business activity for demonstrators.

www.StellarStamps.com

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 05:53 AM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Default You hit the nail on the head!

You are so right Star Stamper. It is a business tool that enables each of us to do our job better!
That is it.
That is another reason why it should not be here on the open threads for all to see.
You don't see the CEO of some corporate company inviting customers to come to their business training events. Business is business.
Fun is fun. And I think it is our job as demos to bring the fun to our customers.

I am going on a family vacation this week and missing convention too. Although it is my first miss since I became a demo. But Shellie is the first to say - family comes before SU!

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:07 AM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Makes sense to me..... Have considered becoming a demo, but can't seem to get friends interested in stamping.... Maybe I could become a demo and go see and learn next yr.

Thanks for all your thoughts on my question.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:09 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star StamperView Post
I don't see it, personally, as a brass ring nor did I join to go. I've been a demo 5 years and have never attended. I want to but my family activities always conflict in the summer. I will some day but if I do, great and if I don't, I know I'd have been with my family on vacation somewhere fun. No big deal for me personally.

My perception of convention is that it is a business event. Absolutely it is situated in a fun atmosphere but it's not for customers. Details about policy changes, forecasts for growth, plans for the future, stats, awards... that all belongs to those who "work" for the company. I don't use the word "perk" when I think of convention. I think it's a right afforded those who can afford it and who have time. A "perk" always strikes me as something free like a bonus.

However you word it or rationalize it in your head, in my head I see it a a business activity for demonstrators.
I agree. All that and training.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:11 AM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Like the saying goes...membership has it's benifits.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:17 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

I would approach it the same as this - do you ask your Mary Kay rep if you can go to convention with her? Do you go with your car insurance rep to convention? It's the same thing.

Convention is a business building event. Believe it or not I am a business owner. That is what being a SU! Demo grants me...a business of my own without all the red tape. Convention is the time for demos who have earned awards to get their time in the spotlight on stage...for demos who attend to get first hand information on what is coming up the road for our businesses....for us to get special deals and great ideas for our business.

It is not a customer driven event....and should not be open to customers.

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2007, 06:22 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin WroseView Post
I think the best answer is that it's not a convention in the sense that, say, "Rubberama" is a convention - where you have vendors gathered to sell and demo stuff.

SU!'s convention does do some selling of logo stuff, right (I've never been, tho I'm a demo), and they do have things to make, right? But it's a motivational and training event for their demos.
This is exactly why it is Demo only. And (not to reopen a can of worms) why it makes sense to make the Convention reports Demo only. It really is more Business info than anything. I know my (few) customers really don't care about Great Rewards packages or compensation schedules. Anything product related and technique related would make it to the general side anyway and the business stuff would stay where it belongs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #20  
Insane Embellisher

Location: In the mountains of course!...where else would an Ocean Girl live?

No offense to the OP, but I'd be pretty tweaked if SU! opened convention up to non-demos. As it is, there are far too many things that are supposed to be for demos that are leaked out to non-demos. Somethng has to be kept exclusively for us. JMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 03:40 PM   #21  
Crimping Master

I'm not really sure why someone who is not a demo would want to attend our convention....since it is designed to help us in our business. There is one make and take session but basically it is filled with ideas and techniques to improve our workshops, classes and customer service. I would seriously doubt that SU! would ever open their convention and I personally would be very upset if they did. Stampin' Up! is an awesome company and provide a wealth of training for us all through the catalog year in many different ways. If they provided this to non-demos...why would anyone need us to be their demonstrators?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2007, 08:08 PM   #22  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I was a demo, the a few of the demos I purchased from left a lot to be desired. I used to search for the display boards on various sites because of the wealth of samples that were shown on one board, and SU has them by color scheme. I could easily see how an addicted stamper, especially somebody who's been doing it for awhile would want to go to see the samples, be with other addicted stampers and learn new techniques and hear about stuff early. Not all non-demo stampers would be interested, but I'm sure there are plenty that would love to attend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampkat2View Post
Also, while convention is FABULOUS FUN, it is training for demonstrators...it's our business and we attend classes to help us build our business. It totally helps us jumpstart the new catalog year! What a great perk for being a demonstrator!

This is the only real logical answer I've heard that didn't make it sound like a demo vs. customer thing. Thanks for giving a non-antogonistic answer. I read some other posts (in a different thread) and some of the people were just down right rude. Not the type of people I'd want to buy anything from...and isn't the whole idea to get people excited, involved, and convince them to spend money??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2007, 02:22 PM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
Before I was a demo, the a few of the demos I purchased from left a lot to be desired. I used to search for the display boards on various sites because of the wealth of samples that were shown on one board, and SU has them by color scheme. I could easily see how an addicted stamper, especially somebody who's been doing it for awhile would want to go to see the samples, be with other addicted stampers and learn new techniques and hear about stuff early. Not all non-demo stampers would be interested, but I'm sure there are plenty that would love to attend.
I totally agree. My skills are way beyond a lot of SU! demos. The last demonstration I went to, I ended up teaching the demo some very simple (at least I thought they were simple) techniques. And she wasn't new to the SU! business. I'd like to see some more advanced techniques in person, but that is primarily what I use this website for. Personally, I have no desire to go the SU! convention, but I can certainly see why it would be attractive to some people... especially those without demos close by or with lame demos.

Updated with video tutorials!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2007, 08:13 PM   #25  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Indeed, convention is an exciting event!
But it is Stampin' Up!'s main, annual training event for its demonstrators.

I love our regionals training events, and our Leadership training events. But convention is the largest training opportunity, extending the learning across 3.5 days. Demos have the opportunity to learn techniques, marketing tools, and so much more. If you're really interested in attending, join the Stampin' Up! famiy as a demonstrator and be ready to join in the convention fun next July! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM   #26  
Kookie Creator

Smile

I think the whole idea of a non-demo going to a convention would be to see techniques used and mingle with other stampers. Maybe in the future their could be a non-demo portion just full of make and takes, swaps and technique classes. Just food for thought!

They could always have business meetings for demos and the other stuff for everyone!:-D

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 AM   #27  
Kookie Creator

I am considering joining the family, but do not know if I can afford a trip to SLC every year. Would be nice for it to travel around the country.....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:52 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by speddirectorView Post
I am considering joining the family, but do not know if I can afford a trip to SLC every year. Would be nice for it to travel around the country.....
You don't ever HAVE to go to Convention. This is my 7th year and I've never been. I've been to the Regional events and I've been to Leadership (bigger than Regionals, smaller than Convention, specifically for those with at least 3 in their downline), but never Convention because it falls at a very bad time for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2007, 08:54 AM   #29  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

I think the whole idea of a non-demo going to a convention would be to see techniques used and mingle with other stampers. Maybe in the future their could be a non-demo portion just full of make and takes, swaps and technique classes. Just food for thought!

They could always have business meetings for demos and the other stuff for everyone!:-D
They show us make n takes that we can use to show our customers. If our customers are at convention - there goes our new class ideas - the customer would already have them. (yes, of course not all customers go but KWIM?) We are shown ideas to take back and share and help our business.

Why are demo reports (like this thread - not on demo only forum? Just wondering)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilergradView Post
I totally agree. My skills are way beyond a lot of SU! demos. The last demonstration I went to, I ended up teaching the demo some very simple (at least I thought they were simple) techniques. And she wasn't new to the SU! business. I'd like to see some more advanced techniques in person, but that is primarily what I use this website for. Personally, I have no desire to go the SU! convention, but I can certainly see why it would be attractive to some people... especially those without demos close by or with lame demos.
Most demo's make things that are simple and quick because of level and time constraint. Me personally I have a hard time not making all of my make and takes WOW. And not all demo's go to convention, so please do not generalize the rest of us. I also had no desire to go to convention until I went to one. The only thing that will keep me from it is if I am in labor or surgery! They teach us new ways to use a product, techniques, ideas and not to mention that we are either crying because of something fabulous or we are in stitches holding our sides. And it is amazing to see women who you would have never guessed, getting up and screaming, laughing, dancing, you name it all in the good sense of getting FREE stuff. You also get to see the quality of people behind the scenes at SU! and you realize what an amazing company this really is. Sorry so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

For all you demo's that have not gone and don't want to, I am sorry, you are missing out. And for all you non demo's become a demo and go so you can see how all of professional (crazy more like it) women and and how much fun we have. And as far as being in slc every year, who cares! We are there to learn some new fun stuff, build our business (if that is what you are going for) and have fun with our su! budddies. Make new friends, socialize that is what it is about, not about location
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 05:09 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtostampingView Post
Most demo's make things that are simple and quick because of level and time constraint. Me personally I have a hard time not making all of my make and takes WOW. And not all demo's go to convention, so please do not generalize the rest of us. I also had no desire to go to convention until I went to one. The only thing that will keep me from it is if I am in labor or surgery! They teach us new ways to use a product, techniques, ideas and not to mention that we are either crying because of something fabulous or we are in stitches holding our sides. And it is amazing to see women who you would have never guessed, getting up and screaming, laughing, dancing, you name it all in the good sense of getting FREE stuff. You also get to see the quality of people behind the scenes at SU! and you realize what an amazing company this really is. Sorry so long.

I guess that is my point. Many demos either can't or won't show their customers the more advanced techniques. For people who have demos like that, who can blame them for wanting to go to convention! I assume you must be an exceptional demo if you think the idea of non-demos attending is awful as well as those of you who think us non-demos shouldn't be able to view this forum. You must be the ones that are excited about learning new techniques and teaching your customers. Kudos to you for doing your job and trying to inspire others. Just know that you aren't like every other demo. I've been to parties with several different demos and all but one of them was LAME.

Stampin' Up is no different than any other sales business. You have great salespeople and really crummy ones. Depending on the demos available to you, you may not have the option of learning new techniques and design skills. I can see why convention would be really appealing to those people. I can also see why logistically it would not be feasible, and that there are sessions that don't apply to the consumer. Maybe SU! needs to consider organizing more regional or national instructional events where consumer stampers can have fun, socialize, and learn lots of new things. Or, maybe some of you better demos could organize things like that. Maybe you already do!

I guess my point is that there a valid reasons to both sides of the issue. Instead of just going with your gut feeling on the matter, try to empathize with the other side of the issue (many of you are already doing this). Both sides have valid points.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

I am not a demo but would love to have gone. Having said that, I can absolutely understand why SU makes it for demos only. It is a DEMO convention. I think that is the ultimate point of convention - to make the demos better at demonstrating, to inspire them, and to teach them to be better at their business on the money side and the artistic side. It is like any other employee convention - business oriented news and teaching couched in a fun and networking/social event.

If customers were there asking questions and not being focused on and getting lost in the demo activities you can be sure you would hear complaints. And it would negatively affect the demo learning activities.

If you have a bad demo you can come hear to read about news, projects etc. I am all for keeping this news open to the public.

Quote:

I guess that is my point. Many demos either can't or won't show their customers the more advanced techniques. For people who have demos like that, who can blame them for wanting to go to convention! I assume you must be an exceptional demo if you think the idea of non-demos attending is awful as well as those of you who think us non-demos shouldn't be able to view this forum. You must be the ones that are excited about learning new techniques and teaching your customers. Kudos to you for doing your job and trying to inspire others. Just know that you aren't like every other demo. I've been to parties with several different demos and all but one of them was LAME.

Stampin' Up is no different than any other sales business. You have great salespeople and really crummy ones. Depending on the demos available to you, you may not have the option of learning new techniques and design skills. I can see why convention would be really appealing to those people. I can also see why logistically it would not be feasible, and that there are sessions that don't apply to the consumer. Maybe SU! needs to consider organizing more regional or national instructional events where consumer stampers can have fun, socialize, and learn lots of new things. Or, maybe some of you better demos could organize things like that. Maybe you already do!

I guess my point is that there a valid reasons to both sides of the issue. Instead of just going with your gut feeling on the matter, try to empathize with the other side of the issue (many of you are already doing this). Both sides have valid points.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 AM   #34  
Kookie Creator

Great points ladies!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 07:04 AM   #35  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I must admit that there are some pretty lame demo's and am amazed that customers keep going back. But convention is a Business event and non-consumer. Which means only demo's can go. I am sorry to hear that you live in an area where the demo's don't offer more advanced classes. I am one that gets bored easily and loves to learn and teach new techniques. Outside of workshops (goal is not to be there more than an hour or two) I do more advanced projects in classes. Even then I take into account the skill level of my stampers. It's amazing how the simplest card can be difficult for some if not most. What I am saying that it is the demo's job to organize events, if SU! did, then they might as well kiss their demo's good-bye. My advice is to find a demo that offers what you are looking for. Or become a demo and fill that spot. It sounds like you would make an exceptional demo and if you do what the others are not, you will be successful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2007, 02:32 PM   #36  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtostampingView Post
My advice is to find a demo that offers what you are looking for. Or become a demo and fill that spot. It sounds like you would make an exceptional demo and if you do what the others are not, you will be successful.
Thanks for the compliment! I actually have no desire to go to convention myself, nor any desire to be a demo. Way too many other things going on in my life. I pretty much learn all of my advanced techniques here at SCS, but I know that there are many people that prefer the workshop format and have limited access. I also think that I would be a very good demo, especially since I'm a teacher, but I don't have the start-up funds at the moment, and I certainly don't have the time!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 06:19 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I joined su in 1991

[QUOTE=speddirector;6649337]I understand that alot of convention is for demos, but I wonder if SU has ever considered opening up part of the convention for non-demos? I have only been SU'ing for a short time and don't know alot of the history of SU so please educate.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone earlier, just trying to point out that maybe some were taking things way too serious......sorry.

QUOTE]

I agree, we need to see the positive side of things a little more often....

The first year I went to convention there were only 20 managers at managers meeting. We were allowed to invite guests to all the daytime events. It was crazy. There was a table with all kinds of stamps and supplies to use. We had to teach most of our guests how to stamp most were beginners!
SU has grown so much. The conventions we enjoy now are so fantastic!
I wish we could have all experienced the growth together. Believe me the little things we complain about now are nothing. For example
our orders used to take 2-5 weeks since they had to get the stamps from other companies first. Our exclusive artwork is much more appealing.
We had mostly rubber mounted stamps, wood mounted are sooo much nicer.
Our back orders were frequent now we hardly have problems with missing items and if we do have a backorder we know where it is.
We mailed most of our orders in, the web ordering is so easy!
They did good back them but they do exceptional Now.
Let's send thank you cards to SU and tell them what they are doing right!

I received a call from Shelli, yes, Shelli Gardner last month. She, her family, the company are all doing such a good job! We would each be so lucky to be that successful.

Disclaimer- not all of us complain, thank you to each of you who acknowledge when something positive happens. Thanks to each of you who forgive when something goes wrong and THANK YOU to all of you who share your artwork with me

Sherrill Graff
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #38  
Glitter Queen

Default convention for non-demos

It is a perk to being a demo. They do an event just for demos and convention is it. Leadership is for those who recruit and are building a business and convention is for those who love to do it for a hobby as well as those who do it as a business. It is also the one place where SU! recognizes their top demos each year. So I guess that part would bore you if you weren't a demo. It sure inspired me when I attended my first convention. Regionals are the only SU! sponsored event you can attend as a non-demo. Those are fun too, but only a slight peice of the pie compared to convention. Besides if you were a demo, you wouldn't have to pay full price ever again for your SU! supplies! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 07:32 AM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking it's easy,

[QUOTE=sgraff;6738245]
Quote:

I understand that alot of convention is for demos, but I wonder if SU has ever considered opening up part of the convention for non-demos?

QUOTE]
The first year I went to convention there were only 20 managers at managers meeting. We were allowed to invite guests to all the daytime events. It was crazy. There was a table with all kinds of stamps and supplies to use. We had to teach most of our guests how to stamp most were beginners!
SU has grown so much. I am sure that's why they limit it to Demo only, plus they unveil new products!
The conventions we enjoy now are so fantastic!Sherrill Graff
[email protected]

With the special stampin up is having it's easy and affordable to become a demo, so you can go to convention and see what's it all about. Then if you don't want to stay a demo you don't have to! no obligations

Last edited by sgraff; 02-07-2008 at 07:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes