Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HELP! 3yr old DD thinks my craft items are for playing with

Well they are, but for me. They are MINE. She has taken a real liking to my expensive water colour pencils and tombow markers, and loves my punches and glittery cardstock.

I only have an open desk for my craft area and everything is in easy reach unfortunately.

Even supplying her with her own items ie coloured pencils and markers for colouring is not good enough, mummy's are so much nicer and every time I sit down to play I get pushed aside with the sentence "Mummy, can I do a card? You have to share, mummy."

Anyone else have this problem?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 04:32 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Just this evening I threatened my 14-year-old DS with bodily harm if he helped himself to my Sharpie stash without express permission. Both my boys love art supplies of all sorts, and can come up with the most outlandish non-art uses for them!

I do know exactly where you are coming from. Our tools are lovely and wonderful and expensive - and while they represent fun and relaxation to us, they are tools, not toys. It is not unreasonable or selfish for you to insist that DD respect your crafting supplies. I'm sure you wouldn't let her play with valuable kitchen tools, or your jewelry, perfume, or any other valuable "grown up" things.

I strongly suggest you set firm boundaries concerning what she can use for herself and enforce them. Then reward her with special "treats" when you two can create some lovely things together using some of Mummy's special stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:lol: sorry for :lol: but its the "you have to share, mummy" that seals it for me....

I agree with Malinda - you have to set boundaries with the kids (this coming from a mother who's kids ran a mile when I tried to get them to craft with me :rolleyes: )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 04:44 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They make really inexpensive watercolor pencils, I think even Crayola makes them...

My almost 3yr old son loves to "make cards" with me. He's obsessed with "sticky tape" He wants it on every project. That kid will run us out of tape if I'm not careful. I gave him a glue stick, like the idiot that I am, I don't recomend that. After throwing away the markers he stuck in the glue he is down to like 4 markers and some crayons. Why don't kids like crayons anymore? Sheesh! He acts like I'm killing him.

He has like 10 stamps, crayons, 4ish markers, and three inkpads. He is allowed to use my old bone folder that I don't use. He has to return it to my jar though. Sometimes he asks for a paint brush. Mostly to jam into glue sticks I think.

So yea, I know what you mean.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 05:11 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I have two boys (4 and 2) who borrow my punches quite often:p I figure the likelihood of them breaking is low, so I store them where they are easy to get at. The fact that they are allowed to use some of "my tools" kind of distracts them from wanting to use some of my other more "valuable" ones.

Those I keep up high on shelves or on hangers on the ends of my bookshelf (I got these really awesome black shower caddies from IKEA that hang there perfectly!). Some of my other stuff is in cupboards...accessible, but they have been told "no" and for the most part they stick with it. They also LOVE my cuttlebug and cricut - it's like moths to a flame when I get those out!

I agree with the above posters...set your limits and stick to them...and let her use what you are comfortable sharing. Good luck!

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
:lol: sorry for :lol: but its the "you have to share, mummy" that seals it for me....

I agree with Malinda - you have to set boundaries with the kids (this coming from a mother who's kids ran a mile when I tried to get them to craft with me :rolleyes: )
Ditto,lol

But get some boxes with keyy needed for the most pricy stuff or sumthin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Oh things to look forward to! ugh. I have an almost 2 year old, I have a feeling by 3 it is going to be like that! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

My 3 year old son is the same way....he loves my stampin stuff. I have an extra Quick and Cute stamp set and I let him play with that and the kids ink pads. I give him some paper from my scrap box and he has a great time. I also give him crayola crayons and his markers and he just loves making cards with me and giving them to his grandma it's quality time well spent.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Last month when I was in the hospital, my dd told me she had taken all of my prima flowers and glued them all over her room. She's 18 and I wouldn't have put it past her. I think she was trying to get me out of there. lol.

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmhurlbertView Post
Last month when I was in the hospital, my dd told me she had taken all of my prima flowers and glued them all over her room. She's 18 and I wouldn't have put it past her. I think she was trying to get me out of there. lol.
you mean 18 y old?
i think i would have killed her,lol
at a minimum i would make her pay for new flowers,lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninajeanette2View Post
you mean 18 y old?
i think i would have killed her,lol
at a minimum i would make her pay for new flowers,lol
Oh yes, I do mean an 18 year old. She knows how to get me going like most teenagers. She's an artist and loves my stuff but I still only give her my crap (not craft) paper to use. She knows it's the crap paper too. I've come back from weekends away and she and her friends start making cards, don't clean the stamps, stick their cards on the fridge and taunt me. So, for all of you young moms out there, it doesn't get any better. Bwhahahaaaa.:twisted:

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

My 12 1/2 month old DD loves to get into my stuff!! Most of the time she'll play with her things, on the "other side" of the gate-but at times to save my sanity I let her into my work area. There is one drawer that she loves to take everything out of-my adhesive drawer. As soon as I see her heading for it I go to rescue my glue dots! Today she's realized that there are more things for her to play with ie: some current projects I have on the go that are on my shelves.

Imagine what she'll be like when she's 3...lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:46 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmhurlbertView Post
Oh yes, I do mean an 18 year old. She knows how to get me going like most teenagers. She's an artist and loves my stuff but I still only give her my crap (not craft) paper to use. She knows it's the crap paper too. I've come back from weekends away and she and her friends start making cards, don't clean the stamps, stick their cards on the fridge and taunt me. So, for all of you young moms out there, it doesn't get any better. Bwhahahaaaa.:twisted:
You seriusly need to lock up all your stuff i say, its no way she should get away this, i mean it would be different if she asked nicely
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:47 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Sorry. I am the mean mom here. My kids always had their craft things and I had mine. Period. End of story.

My daughter will use my things now but knows how, what and where to use them. She is 19 (and had the nerve to go away to college! Go Pepperdine!). My son is 16 and has very little interest in anything I do! If he needs something for a project, he always asks what he can use. They learned that lesson very early in life....you partake, your mistake, unless you ask first! That mean stuff said, I am thrilled when they ask my opinion on how to make something or ask to use something. I do love to share with them.....as long as they ask and I have the control over MY things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacpamView Post
Sorry. I am the mean mom here. My kids always had their craft things and I had mine. Period. End of story.

My daughter will use my things now but knows how, what and where to use them. She is 19 (and had the nerve to go away to college! Go Pepperdine!). My son is 16 and has very little interest in anything I do! If he needs something for a project, he always asks what he can use. They learned that lesson very early in life....you partake, your mistake, unless you ask first! That mean stuff said, I am thrilled when they ask my opinion on how to make something or ask to use something. I do love to share with them.....as long as they ask and I have the control over MY things!
I think I will make up a sign and post it above my desk that says this. I would lock up my room but I outgrew the basement and now my living room is my craft room and the basement has been turned into the living room because it is smaller. Not my idea if you can belive that, but my DH's. Okay, I'm off to make that sign..:p One day I will upload pictures of it.

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

At least toddlers are cute!

My 21 year old dd is a graphic design major in college and she loves to use some of my things when she's home.......this is not cute when she doesn't ask and doesn't put things away properly. It can drive me crazy!

My 19 year old son just really noticed my stuff recently. I converted a large part of the kids former playroom into my crafting room. He said "wow mom you must have spent a lot on all of this great stuff!" Funny he never really noticed my craft supplies before, but now that he's also in college and majoring in landscape design I guess some things look a bit tempting. It made me a bit nervous when he was eying my things. They have to learn to keep their hands off!!

I think that yes you have to set boundaries. Give her a stack of construction paper, kiddie stickers & markers and let her craft with you using her stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

My DD's are only 2 and my craft room is also their play area. Not an ideal set up but it works because my DH installed cabinets and drawers for me. There are baby locks on all the drawers and the cabinets. For the most part they never bother with them any more....but the other day DH went into one of the drawers for something and then all day they were trying to open them over and over. On ocassion I may forget to lock the tall cabinets and they will go in and get a scrap of cs out and bring it to me. Then say "Thank You" when I re-lock it. I also only stamp when they are sleeping...Thank goodness for long naps ;)
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM   #18  
Stampin' Fool

I have been crafting in one way or another since my children were born and I am from the mean mom group. My kids knew my stuff was not theirs to use without asking and I never had any problems even when they were little.

I still remember friends of mine coming over and asking me how did I dare to leave my yarn & crocheting out in the open. I guess I did not even think about it. They just knew not to bother my stuff.

Being a homeschool mom we always had lots of art supplies around and some were okay to use without asking and some you asked. As a family we have always respected each others property. They still all live at home and share their stuff with each other but not without asking.

My "kids" are 22, 18 & 15.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 04:49 AM   #19  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 606 Likes on 426 Posts

My little one loves to craft too. I did buy him his own su set so he is happy. He just wants to use my stuff so I buy stuff that looks like my stuff. See if you can find some inexpensive sets on the buy sell trade boards here. I let him use the punches and the crimper is a big hit will all my boys (ages 3, 8, 14 and dh). My sizzix gets used at cub scouts a lot. They know not to touch the paper. I give them the cheaper stuff not the SU or CTMH. Have fun!
Pia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have 6 kids. I didn't really start this hobby till the baby (now 3) was born. He *loves* embossing powder! And microbeads. <laughing> Has cost me about $100 over the last 2 years, that little stinker. But now he's not so much a baby anymore <sad face>.

I think you have to find some way to share. My sons love to use the crimper on scrap cardstock. Or my cheap punches.

I have curious, spirited children. I could not just leave something available and have them trained to stay out of it. They can't help themselves! LOL Find a way to lock up the most important stuff. And then wait till they're older to worry too much about the rest. They'll be grown up before you know it, and you'll miss having them interested in being with you.

Cultivate closeness through crafting! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #21  
Die Cut Diva

My sons loves to make cards too! I got him his own dino set of cheap foam stamps and he has his cheap CS to play with. Most of the time he leaves my stuff alone but he likes my tape and mini glue dots! Then sometimes when I am working on a porject he wants to "help" he gets in the way a bit but it makes him feel good to "help". He really likes to throw away my small scraps so maybe you can give her something to do to "help" and that might work.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

I guess I am in the mean mom group. I have 6 boys ranging from 19-5 yrs old. None of my stuff is locked up and never has been. They have had a few moments of laps in judgement. They know that my special things are just that mine. They have special things that they do not want anyone to touch. Everyone has the right to their own personal items. I think it comes dow to teaching respect for others belongings. Even at a very young age they should be being taught this. My boys are by no means little angels but they do have respect for my property and the property of others. Just my opinion!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

My 3 yr ols and 4 yr old have their own spots, stamps, papers,etc! If they want to use some of mommas pretty stamps I personally stamp them for em they know its a NO NO to touch mommas stuff. Now my 1.5 yr old SON if its out he grabs!!! I could go crazy sometime with him. LoL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #24  
Crimping Master

I would buy her some of her own supplies and maybe find her a little table of her own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Your post made me smile....
I have a 2.5yo and just today we had a meltdown right before nap because she wanted to stamp "no nap, i stamp stamp stamp!!!"

I have a back room that is my "craft/sewing" area...I store most things there, but if I really want to get anything done during the day when my kids are playing, I have to have it in the dining room on the table near where they like to play....and thus in sight.

I have most items in a rolling tool box that I use all the time and it doesn't get messed with often (1 or 2 times she got into it) and then I put my scrapping or card "projects" in a tote that I use to move it around....clean up for dinner or move to and from craft area...

I let my 2.5 dd stamp/cut/cuttlebug with me. She gets one ink pad, copy paper and a few stamps. If she wants more, she has to trade me. Then I make her use her colored pencils to color her stamping before she can go on...because I do that too! She likes to use my cutter and I let her...
Oh. I forgot to add that I require her to be in her high chair for the duration...keeps mess to a min. She also watercolors with her paints...but boy does she like to stamp. She has always gotta be in everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2008, 03:52 PM   #26  
Inking Addict

Well get use to it! My 25 yr old daughter comes and raids my stamps, die cutters, and paper when she comes to visit! She, however, sells the things she makes on ETSY. She has more initiative than me so I can't get mad. I am glad she is crafty, and consider she got that from helping me craft when she was 3 yr old! It amazes me what she has created. Get your little daughter a box with her own craft supplies that she can use while you craft.
Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2008, 04:32 PM   #27  
Glitter Queen

I would let her pick out some of her own supplies within a DD or DS age appropriate price range (to each their own)....ask her what she wants for her birthday or from the easter bunny and if its not TOO exorbitantly priced, get it...gently used would be awesome and that way she can feel like she's got the "good stuff" just like Mom and it may make things easier...

I know one of my nieces thinks all of her aunties stuff is just PAST cool and I usually sit with her and let her work a card all her own...all the girls know though that its expensive, only supervised are they permitted to play just like I do...

hey at least you don't have counter surfing bassets that have obtained and chewed my stamps...you don't want to see my breadfast bar and the measures I have had to take to make sure that things are safe from their nosing snouts LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

My 5yr old daughter is the same...I will always stamp off some images either in atc size or full sheet and give it to her to color and make cards with. Gives me some time......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I feel your pain - I have six who love to play with my stuff - let them do it with supervision -- buy some inexpensive CS and let them go to town - the memories will last longer than your stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Not only are others going through this but have gone through it and servived to stamp another day. LOL

My kids are 6, 4 and one on the way. My wonderfull Mother bought my girls their own stap sets, I got them the kids ink from SU (very washable!) They have their stuff and I have mine. I do let them use some of my more durable stuff that I can't get kids versions of like my crimper and punches (if they ask nicely). I also keep a scrap box of sickers, paper, or stamped images that I'm not going to use. They know it's their box and they can take what they want.

We also have a rule that no one can go in the craft room unless Mom is with them. We are very strict about this rule. If they go in with out me then they are banned from doing crafts for a week. This is huge punishment for my girls. lol They love to crafts just as much as I do I guess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 05:48 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

I bought my 3 year old son his own stash. There are some things I let him use of mine as long as I am right there - like 1 of my soft subtles classic ink pads at a time. If he wants another color we clean the stamp and put away the first ink pad. He still always manages to grab my scissors though. We're still working on that. He's got his own elmers paint pens (like SU's aquapainter with paint colors already in), stamps (but he always wants mine). The thing that's helped most is buying him his own glitter glue and foam shapes. Those really keep him occupied. Good luck - my 3 year old hasn't told me to share yet. That's pretty funny - the first time anyway.

My Blog: http://jenspaperobsession.blogspot.com/

My SCS Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 06:42 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Jenny, I will giev my 3 year old DS one stamp pad at a time. He is never happy until he 'tamps his hand! But, he is learning, that the hand must be cleaned before Mommy will let him have another color.

I also have a basket of papers within his reach!

My 13 year old son knows to ask. He is actually a better organizer than I am. He will frequently come into my studio, and clean up after me -- when he wants something from me. Hey, not too bad He is also learning to use the prismacolors and the blender pens --so I am trusting him to use those more on his own.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 09:39 AM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Well I don't have kids so that is not where my problem lies....its the 43 year old male non crafter that just wants a piece of paper, a pen, a pair of scissors, a craft knife...........umm NO:twisted: these things are precious, not for people who do not love them, cherish them and use them with love and affection........I have been known to come home to items being used and returned in a less then pristine state and I am accused of being selfish:mad: ....now if I went into the garage and moved/used/destroyed any of his toys that would be a whole different story:mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #34  
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
My kids are 19, 17 and 10 and I've been crafting since before they were born. I'm one of the "firm mommies" respect is very important for a family of 5 in an 1,100 square foot house. DH and I don't get into their things and they do the same for us. DH and I don't go into each others stuff either, like wallets or purses, we know everything about each other but if I need cash I always ask and never help myself.

My craft supplies are in the family room and I've never done the baby locks. I did have stuff for the kids when they were little, and as they got older they graduated to my stuff. Important stuff was always kept up and away (the oldest 2 are boys and they are 6'1" and 6'4") so now they get stuff down for me, LOL!!!

My crochet and cross stitch used to be out until we got 3 house cats and a 1 year old puppy/dog and they get into everything. Now I keep things put up. Ugh!!!

Funny stories from my kids. One time I picked up my cross stitch, pulled the needle to finish stitching and the thread had been cut. Seems oldest DS wanted to try out my little scissors so he cut the thread. I am thankful he didn't cut the fabric. I just undid enough stitches to anchor the thread and continued on. He got a lecture about scissors (and I learned to hide them after that)

I have some of those long quilting rulers, for years they were used as bridges from the couch to the coffee table. Countless Matchbox and Hot Wheels rolled across the rulers, they were quite the builders back then. Now it's video games, computers, i-pods, work, sports and school. I sort of miss those days of them playing with their cars, trains and Lego's all over the front room and they ate a lot less back then.

DD is 10 and aside from messing up paper from time to time, nothing major happens. She asks to use my things, I've shown her how to use my tools properly and I just let her go. I have so few "expensive" things that I don't mind her using glitter, or other embellishments. Besides what she uses up I get to replace by going shopping. She even knows how to use my Sizzix. The only tools she isn't allowed to use are my heat embossing gun and my Cricut (the gun is dangerous and the Cricut is new).

So all I can suggest is set boundaries and stick to them. This will serve you well in the future, if she doesn't learn boundaries and you don't give in to being manipulated now, the teen age years will be even harder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 AM   #35  
Matboard Maniac

I agree with all the other posters, you have to set boundaries on "my" stuff and "your" stuff and no, Mommy does not "share" everything...

My daughters know not to get into my stamping/paper supplies, they have their own or they have to ask. For Christmas I got the older one a prepackaged scrapbooking set on sale which has really worked out well. She can use it for her school projects, I'm not ponying up big amounts of cash for various assignments that just end up discarded in a corner, and my stuff is safe.

Except for my ribbons. I've noticed a lot of familiar looking ribbons in her pony tails and ballet buns. I finally just started buying her inexpensive rolls just for her.

And she sneaked my ipod headphones today. Wait til she gets off the bus.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #36  
Matboard Maniac

My SIL got my oldest DD a scrap booking kit for her birhtday last year. It said for ages 6+ and she had just turned 6. It was a huge hit! It came with stamp, ink, glitter, stickers and bling that I would have wanted for myself. I printed out the pics that she wanted and she did the pages herself. She did such a good job on it that I'm thinking of getting the pages laminated so she can look at them often without wrecking the pages.

I think companies like Crayola are realizing that kids want the same stuff we do.

I went to the Dora the Explorer website the other day to print off some colouring pages for my 4 year old DD and they had Printables just for scrapbooking (all with a Dora theme of course). I printed out a bunch so that I could do birthday cards and album pages for my girls with them.

That's getting off topic but still kid realated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #37  
Vee
Glitter Guru

I've been there. fortunately they get a bit older and learn better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #38  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by paperheadView Post
I agree with all the other posters, you have to set boundaries on "my" stuff and "your" stuff and no, Mommy does not "share" everything...

My daughters know not to get into my stamping/paper supplies, they have their own or they have to ask. For Christmas I got the older one a prepackaged scrapbooking set on sale which has really worked out well. She can use it for her school projects, I'm not ponying up big amounts of cash for various assignments that just end up discarded in a corner, and my stuff is safe.

Except for my ribbons. I've noticed a lot of familiar looking ribbons in her pony tails and ballet buns. I finally just started buying her inexpensive rolls just for her.

And she sneaked my ipod headphones today. Wait til she gets off the bus.
Oh, I remember those days. I would see my retired SU wide organza ribbon in my dd's hair when she was 13 (now 1. This was before I really got into SU and didn't realize that I couldn't get anymore of those colors.

My evolving gallery
My New Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

I have kids age 7,5,3. At age 3, they just want to be like mom, so anything mom uses they want to too. If I'm stamping, I'll give her some paper and ink and let her go to town. I share my stamps- stains on wood blocks dont bother me. As I'm stamping, she likes to clean them for me with the baby wipes. I keep the prisma pencils out of reach. Scrap box for papers and cardstock is free game. Usually I play/stamp with her for about 5-10 minutes (fully engaged), then she'll lose interest and go off to play on her own.
The 5 and 7yo know that they can use the stuff if they ask and if I'm supervising. Again, they learn that some items are shared, others are off limits. I do most of my papercrafting after everyone is in bed
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2008, 02:39 PM   #40  
Stazon Splitcoast

ok I have to share this as I came to my head - but I remember being told of a child that was quite creative and helped herself to her mother's things... however it wasn't her crafty things this time, but shall we say things of a more personal hygeine nature and decorated herself and came out when company was there....

I guess this just supports the some things are mommy's and mommy's only.
Reply With Quote Likes