View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #14
lisastamper
Glitter Guru

I helped host my sister's baby shower last fall. For favors, I made simple 2-4-6-8 boxes and put a couple of Hershey's nuggets in each one. I also made topiaries--I got the idea from the PaperCrafts Baby Creations edition. I have photos of everything on my blog:

www.chaoticcreativeness.blogspot.com

She didn't know if she was having a boy or girl, so we stuck with fall colors rather than traditional baby colors. Another thing I did was create a "Baby Blessings and Advice" book. I cut ivory paper to fit in a small album (5 x 7) that I had decorated to match the rest of the shower decor (I don't have a picture of it), and had each guest write either a word of advice or a blessing for my sister and her new little family (since some of the guests don't have children). It was a big hit and is a nice keepsake for her. We only played one game, too--the one where each guest cuts a length of ribbon that they think is the same size as the guest of honor's belly. It's a simple, non-messy game--and my 8-year-old dd won!

Good luck with the shower!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." ~ Scott Adams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!