Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stingy

Are folks who cruise the galleries becoming stingier with their comments, or is it just me? I mean, when you have more than 100 people look at your card, but only one leaves a comment, that makes me wonder.

I'm going to make it my personal mission to make a dozen comments every time I cruise the gallery this week.

Come on, folks! Let's embrace random acts of praise this week!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 06:39 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love to 'cruise' the gallery and leave some lovin'

i usually hit the 1 day button and gaze! leave some comments, get inspired and yes even CASE on occasion!

i'm off to see the gallery...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 06:40 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I tend to agree with you. On the other hand . . . my challenge is finding something to say that hasn't already been said. I feel like I'm being stingy if all I say is 'great card' ' well done' 'very pretty' . . . . because we do see so many 3 or 4 word comments. Personally, I'd like constructive criticism . . . or something a bit more revealing so I can learn from my mistakes and improve. I understand also that it takes time, especially when SCS is acting up.

So . . . all that being said . . . I don't worry about it. The comments are nice, but it's equally satisfying to see the Views count go up as it means my project was interesting enough for someone to want a better view or that something I did was favorited. I've made a point lately of participating in the Comment Thread so I force myself to go into galleries and leave comments and gain inspiration. I'm glad that thread is there as it's a great way for those with new galleries to gain the confidence in their work and continue creating and sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

i don't read the other comments left for a card. i say what i feel. i would hate to think that someone would rather i not even say that.

i would not feel comfortable leaving 'constructive criticism' because you never know if they would be offended.

i agree with the numbers of views/favorited is a compliment to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:00 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

i'm flattered someone clicked and looked. words are great, but looking is just as warm and fuzzy to me. i guess it's a personal thing.:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:01 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Received 1,020 Likes on 772 Posts

I think they should change the rules....if you click on a card for a closer view, you cannot get out until you leave a comment! I am the queen of 2 word comments.....i think it's better than nothing. I just don't have time to write a lot. I would never leave contructive criticism either. My morning routine is checking out the last day gallery with a diet coke and bagel!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:04 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
i would not feel comfortable leaving 'constructive criticism' because you never know if they would be offended.
You're quite right.

I should have qualified that by noting as well that if constructive criticism/suggestions are expected than I aught to also invite that while writing my project summary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by terry sermanView Post
I think they should change the rules....if you click on a card for a closer view, you cannot get out until you leave a comment! I am the queen of 2 word comments.....i think it's better than nothing. I just don't have time to write a lot. I would never leave contructive criticism either. My morning routine is checking out the last day gallery with a diet coke and bagel!

I think that's a great idea! I wonder if it's possible.

Breakfast of champions! Diet Coke and a bagel . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:07 AM   #9  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I tend to leave fewer comments, but I *try* to make those more meaningful comments.

For my gallery/blog, I love comments as much as the next girl, but views only or 2 word comments are fine, too. I'm flattered that somebody's looking!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:16 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

I disagree. I'm afraid that if that were a rule, then most people wouldn't bother to take a closer look. I'd love to be able to leave a comment on every card I look at, but it's just possible for a variety of reasons. I am thrilled if someone looks at my cards and being 'favorited' is the highest compliment to me. Of course, that is just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Default Not just youl

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryroseView Post
...Are folks who cruise the galleries becoming stingier with their comments, or is it just me? I mean, when you have more than 100 people look at your card, but only one leaves a comment, that makes me wonder...
I actually was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I was in the Fan Club looking at the January postings. Two or three years ago, the DDDT was getting *tons* of comments - so I rarely felt motivated to say the same thing a previous poster had said. Yesterday, I noticed that most of the comments were in the 20's, some even lower. Why? I can't figure it out. The quality and variety of work is just as high as it was a few years ago...but the number of comments has seriously dropped off. And it can't be a "numbers game" since the site (and presumably the FC membership) have been steadily growing.

I guess my only conclusion is yup...stinginess. ~ k
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

No matter how fantastic the card may be I refuse to leave a comment if the card maker can't be bothered to list the recipe and I won't go to that person's blog to look for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I would never leave constructive criticism unless it's asked for. Frankly, I've told my daughter that there are no mistakes in art & that just because you might not like the color or layout or what not, doesn't mean someone else won't love it!!!

I think you should invite people if you do want those kind of comments. But remember not everyone is going to have the same style as you.
I'm off to see what new in the gallery...I really like the 'clean & simple' look ~ so if you've made one lately ~ I might just comment on it!;)

M~
Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
You're quite right.

I should have qualified that by noting as well that if constructive criticism/suggestions are expected than I aught to also invite that while writing my project summary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:30 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Maybe it's just my style, but I've always expected about 1-2 comments per 100 views. I don't get my hopes up, but I love to see comments. I know the more prolific posters get a higher ratio of views to comments.

TBH, I haven't had time to look at the gallery in ages. In the past 10 days, I've moved over 1000 boxes of Girl Scout cookies through my living room, LOL!

When I'm in a hurry, I post a 1 or two word comment, but when I'm just enjoying my morning coffee and commenting, I try to mention specifically what made me take a closer look at the card. And I have a rule for myself, if I favorite the card, I MUST comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:33 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Smile

I tend to leave a comment that I'd like to know what the recipe for the card is ~ if I really like it. I don't tend to go to blogs. But if it is a newbie, I want to give them the benefit of a doubt. Maybe they'll get the hint that they should leave recipes in the future.

Maybe we should all leave a comment that we need recipes!! Otherwise how do they know?;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by armadilloView Post
No matter how fantastic the card may be I refuse to leave a comment if the card maker can't be bothered to list the recipe and I won't go to that person's blog to look for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

My problem with leaving a lot of comments is time. Sometimes when I'm in the gallery I have to just zip through because of my busy life. I would love to leave a comment on every card but it's just not possible.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I had no idea it could snow this much in the desert!

I try to leave 10 or more comments when browsing the gallery, especially on cards that don't have any or only 1 or 2 comments. I have many cards in my gallery that were looked at 100+ times with either 1 or no comments. I guess I'm a little new here still, but I wondered if my cards were just bad and that was why no one wanted to comment on them, but then I see that some of my no comment cards are favorited.
I enjoy seeing everyone's opinion above about this and I'll check back on this thread to read some more. I only have one rule for myself when I visit someone else's gallery: If I favorite a card, I always comment what I liked that made me want to favorite it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Once upon a time, SCS was very small, and mebbe 100 uploads in a month would appear in the gallery, and a few thousand members. *chuckle* Jenn, Beate, Daven and I, and I'm sure a few others that have been around here that long can well remember those days. ;)

We have grown immensely in a few short years.

Today, an average of 1,000 images are uploaded to the galleries here DAILY, and we have nearly 160,000 (one hundred sixty thousand) members :shock:

The volume is staggering. It changes *everything*.

Actually, there are a number of reasons that contribute to the "lack of comments" . . . Including a blog link seems to be pretty standard among gallery uploads these days, and, folks don't have time to leave comments at both, so they pick one, and I'd guess if they're gonna leave a comment, that 10-1 it's the blog, because they clicked on the blog link, because that's where they ended up after viewing it in the gallery and back-tracking consumes more time . . . :confused: Or, by the time they get to the blog, that's yet one more step, and you often have to key in a verification code (spam filter) so, in the interest of time, "move along, move along . . . "

There are many other reasons, including time of day and amount of traffic viewing the gallery at the time of upload, whether or not a given piece stands out among a tsunami of others also coming in, whether or not the thumbnail is clear in photography or not, whether or not the viewer likes the color combo in the project or not, and, whether or not one is even viewing the gallery via the daily uploads, which may be too daunting for many (average 1,000 daily, remember?). I know I don't view the gallery that way--I use keywords to find certain things I am looking for to make the most effective use of my time in the galleries.

I've learned to appreciate that everybody has limited time, just like I do, between work, family, life in general . . . and I'm pretty happy to just share what I can, and if a view or a comment falls my way, that's lovely. And, if I can squeeze in a view or comment on something someone else has shared, that's lovely.

And, if not, while I realize everybody likes being validated, I tend to feel that sharing what one can, for the sake of sharing, without expecting anything else in return, is a pretty awesome and lovely thing in and of itself, UKWIM? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 10:49 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Funny how we all think alike! I have thought the same thing! I try to go to the new downloaded cards and leave 5 comments for someone who has no comments yet. Of course the card/project has to catch my eye but it is something little I can do for someone else.

I also try to go into a gallery of someone who has commented on mine and leave them some nice words as well.

I think even a few nice words can lift someones spirit!
#24 Fan!
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:01 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vintage RedheadView Post
I actually was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I was in the Fan Club looking at the January postings. Two or three years ago, the DDDT was getting *tons* of comments - so I rarely felt motivated to say the same thing a previous poster had said. Yesterday, I noticed that most of the comments were in the 20's, some even lower. Why? I can't figure it out. The quality and variety of work is just as high as it was a few years ago...but the number of comments has seriously dropped off. And it can't be a "numbers game" since the site (and presumably the FC membership) have been steadily growing.

I guess my only conclusion is yup...stinginess. ~ k
I was thinking about this earlier this week when I realized that virtually all of the cards I open to take a closer look at, leave a comment on, or put in my favs use SU stamps. Not 100% but I'd say more than 80% at least. There are several lines of popular stamps right now that don't do a thing for me . . . I tend to look right over those in the gallery and focus on what appeals to me. I think we all do that . . . we just each have different things that draw us in.
The same thing has happened to me with the Fan Club. In the beginning, it was virtually all SU stamps . . . now they're scarce in there. I'm not at all saying that the stampers using other stamps aren't talented -- they are! It's just that I find the stamps being used don't have the appeal TO ME to draw me in. Does anyone else feel this way? I really don't think it's stinginess so much as a preference to spend the time looking, commenting and favoriting the things I know I'll go back to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:13 AM   #21  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Sometimes I click for a closer look because the pic is tiny or I can't tell what is on the card. Lots of times.....more often then not....the pic is blurry or the card is um.....ugly (sorry to be so crude) and I don't want to leave a comment. The old saying...if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all comes to mind. It would be wrong to force people to comment if they click to look closer....you'd get a lot of phoney comments....or less people looking.

There are lots of times that I see a cute card that is missing something and I would love to say....add some ribbon or needs some bling....but not everyone handles constructive criticism or suggestions kindly. So I just comment on the parts that I like...which is usually love the color combo and the layout. If I comment it's for real.....the card really captured my attention....not to boost someone's stampin ego.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM   #22  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by AGMommyof2View Post

I think you should invite people if you do want those kind of comments. But remember not everyone is going to have the same style as you.

M~
Now that is a good idea and a freat way to draw people in to help you improve your stamping....if that is what you are looking for. Be prepared for honesty and don't take it personally. I would take the comments and post the newly created card for comparison.....before and after idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Probably reading your blog...instead of actually stamping

When I comment, whether in the gallery or in a blog, I *always* try to say something specific. I might comment on the color, the layout, the ribbon, or the embellishments. I want the creator to know exactly what I love about their card, because if it were my card, I would want to know. I don't think I have ever (and I'm sorry if I have) ever just said, "nice card" or the one I hate "TFS". I'm not about looking for the praise, but looking for feedback on what made them click. I know people have complained about having not enough time (who does?) and maybe they have ancient dial up, or whatever. I guess it's just one of the things that I feel important THAT I DO to make SCS a community.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #24  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I try to comment whenever I view in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 11:40 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankieView Post
I was thinking about this earlier this week when I realized that virtually all of the cards I open to take a closer look at, leave a comment on, or put in my favs use SU stamps. Not 100% but I'd say more than 80% at least. There are several lines of popular stamps right now that don't do a thing for me . . . I tend to look right over those in the gallery and focus on what appeals to me. I think we all do that . . . we just each have different things that draw us in.
The same thing has happened to me with the Fan Club. In the beginning, it was virtually all SU stamps . . . now they're scarce in there. I'm not at all saying that the stampers using other stamps aren't talented -- they are! It's just that I find the stamps being used don't have the appeal TO ME to draw me in. Does anyone else feel this way? I really don't think it's stinginess so much as a preference to spend the time looking, commenting and favoriting the things I know I'll go back to.
One of the questions frequently asked by Designers that have been invited to join the team: Do I have the freedom to use any brand products I like?

The answer is a resounding: Yes, absolutely!!!

When the Fan Club was initially launched, all, save one, of the Original Dirty Dozen, were SU! demonstrators, and many of them had predominantly SU! rubber stamps. But, there were a few who had always owned and loved many brands of rubber stamps! :grin:

Freedom of creative expression without the obligation to be brand exclusive was at the heart of the conception of the DD/Fan Club Gallery; if you are confined by brand, you don't really have true freedom, of course. ;)

Because we were all volunteering our time, supplies/resources, skill, we were encouraged to use what we loved, what best suited the designs we were creating, and what we had on hand, and not feel obligated to incur out of pocket expenses to create our designs.

This still holds true today, and one of the many reasons that the Dirty Dozen both Current and Alumni have found serving on the team to be such a personally enriching creative experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #26  
Glitter Guru

Julie I totally get what you're saying and I appreciate it. I was just saying that for ME, a lot of the other brands/lines of stamps don't hold much appeal so I seldom open those cards. When Kaylyn shared her observation about the lower comment #'s in the Fan Club gallery I just was thinking about why I don't comment on a lot of those cards/projects anymore . . . I don't see it as stingy, I just spend my time looking and commenting on the things that appeal to me personally. I honestly don't think anyone ever intends to be stingy when viewing/commenting in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 01:36 PM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, sometimes I wonder when I see that one of my cards has been viewed quite a bit and has even been favorited, but I have zero or very few comments.
If I open up a photo to see it more cloesly, I'll leave a comment because obviously there was something about it that caught my attention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #28  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankieView Post
Julie I totally get what you're saying and I appreciate it. I was just saying that for ME, a lot of the other brands/lines of stamps don't hold much appeal so I seldom open those cards. When Kaylyn shared her observation about the lower comment #'s in the Fan Club gallery I just was thinking about why I don't comment on a lot of those cards/projects anymore . . . I don't see it as stingy, I just spend my time looking and commenting on the things that appeal to me personally. I honestly don't think anyone ever intends to be stingy when viewing/commenting in the gallery.
I don't see that as stingy either, Frankie!

I included that bit of history/info because there are still so many on SCS that don't know all the history behind Splitcoast, nor the Fan Club, UKWIM?

Well, there are also a lot of folks that actually don't know we even have a Fan Club, either! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #29  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
March 2014 Swapper of the Month

Received 1,020 Likes on 772 Posts

The click it/comment rule was made in jest! I try to follow this rule myself but it would never be forced on anyone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 02:54 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK, I confess.......I click on quite afew cards that I can't leave comments......and here is why.......BREASTFEEDING!! Yes, w/ 3 little ones and a newborn, the only time I get to cruise the gallery is while breastfeeding and I can click one handed but I cannot type a message......SO SORRY to all those beautiful cards that I MEANT to come back and comment and just couldn't find again!!

P.S. It just took me about 10 mintues to HUNT AND PECK this whole thing one handed!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 03:05 PM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: I had no idea it could snow this much in the desert!

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post
OK, I confess.......I click on quite afew cards that I can't leave comments......and here is why.......BREASTFEEDING!! Yes, w/ 3 little ones and a newborn, the only time I get to cruise the gallery is while breastfeeding and I can click one handed but I cannot type a message......SO SORRY to all those beautiful cards that I MEANT to come back and comment and just couldn't find again!!

P.S. It just took me about 10 mintues to HUNT AND PECK this whole thing one handed!!!
Hee hee! I can completely relate! It's been over a year now though, but that was my time to sit quietly at the computer. But, I'm still pretty good at the hunt and peck with one hand when trying to hold and rock my youngest to sleep when he doesn't want to lay down by himself for a nap.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #32  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirrellyshirleyView Post

I would hate for anyone to feel apologetic over their priorities and how they must schedule their time. And, almost every time this topic comes up, that is often an unfortunate result. :(

There are many, MANY reasons, as I said before, as to why comments may be few; sometimes people take this as an affront, and to save my life, I cannot understand why . . . :confused:

Please, do not feel a need to apologize. {{{{{{{Squirrelly}}}}}}
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #33  
Stampin' Fool

I know for me, once I leave a comment I have to click five or six times to get back to where I was looking at the thumbnails...and there's a wait between the clicks.... I don't always have time. I am on high speed so I don't know why this is.... I definately try and leave comments if I have the time. If there is not a lot of comments there could be valid reasons why.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

If I leave a comment it's always exactly what I thought when I saw the card. I am simple minded and think these things over and over

super cute!
I'm sooo gonna do *insert element I love*
Those colors are great
This makes me want to get up and make a card
Adorable
Stinking cute
OHMYHECK that's adorable
Classy and nice
This is very pretty.

I don't worry about being constructive. Dat's not my job, my job is to enjoy your cards! ;)

hugs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #35  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by SharpstamperView Post
I know for me, once I leave a comment I have to click five or six times to get back to where I was looking at the thumbnails...and there's a wait between the clicks.... I don't always have time. I am on high speed so I don't know why this is.... I definately try and leave comments if I have the time. If there is not a lot of comments there could be valid reasons why.
I have the same problem. It takes numerous clicks to get back to the gallery when I leave comments. It seems like I'm stuck and I have a hard time going back to the gallery. Consequently, I don't leave many comments.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by imchattyView Post
There are lots of times that I see a cute card that is missing something and I would love to say....add some ribbon or needs some bling....but not everyone handles constructive criticism or suggestions kindly. So I just comment on the parts that I like...which is usually love the color combo and the layout. If I comment it's for real.....the card really captured my attention....not to boost someone's stampin ego.
That's the problem with Constructive critisism because needing to add ribbon or bling is a personal opinion what what the card needs, ya know?

I would LOVE to get tons more comments but that's ok. If I want constructive critisism I post a message asking for help.

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 06:11 PM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by imchattyView Post
Sometimes I click for a closer look because the pic is tiny or I can't tell what is on the card. Lots of times.....more often then not....the pic is blurry or the card is um.....ugly (sorry to be so crude) and I don't want to leave a comment. The old saying...if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all comes to mind. It would be wrong to force people to comment if they click to look closer....you'd get a lot of phoney comments....or less people looking.

I know that the argument has been made many times that it only takes a few seconds to leave a comment. But for many of us, those precious few seconds can really add up. I rarely have time to just browse through the gallery for the sake of browsing. I look for the favorites of the week thread and try to click on as many of those as I can, but even then, I don't have time to see them all. When I comment on a card, it is because I REALLY like it and not because I feel an obligation to comment. So maybe my comments should count double!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #38  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I gotta say, I love each and every comment, no matter how short or long it is. But, I do look at the "favorites" and the "views" and those all show me that my card is looked at and perhaps liked. I, in no way, would want to force people to leave a comment. I would, however, like to see more credit given to cased designs (but that's a whole other subject, isn't it?).

As to this highlighted section:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
...Actually, there are a number of reasons that contribute to the "lack of comments" . . . Including a blog link seems to be pretty standard among gallery uploads these days, and, folks don't have time to leave comments at both, so they pick one, and I'd guess if they're gonna leave a comment, that 10-1 it's the blog, because they clicked on the blog link, because that's where they ended up after viewing it in the gallery and back-tracking consumes more time . . . :confused: Or, by the time they get to the blog, that's yet one more step, and you often have to key in a verification code (spam filter) so, in the interest of time, "move along, move along . . . "
I don't know if that's the case. I, personally, will leave a comment where I first see the card. Often times, the reason I'd go to a blog would be to see the picture bigger (because you can click on a card graphic and see it larger, therefore in more detail). That's my reason ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #39  
Polyshrink Goddess

I wouldnt care if people left comments or not, the fact that I would be sharing is good enough and that people are looking. Not everybody that views cards has time to leave a comment on every single one. I dont think it is being stingy. The reason why cards get posted was to share..or so I thought. Maybe I am wrong, I do understand that receiving comments is very nice and courtesy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #40  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by michlz319View Post
sorry if I have) ever just said, "nice card" or the one I hate "TFS".

Wow! This really surprises me that someone would "hate" being thanked for sharing a card! I often say TFS because I am grateful that someone took the time to make the card, upload, and type their description. Honestly, I think it can be a hassle to upload and fill out the description. So, if I see a card that strikes me or that I appreciate I stop to say, "thanks".
Reply With Quote Likes