Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-02-2008, 08:24 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Scrapbooking stores in Vancouver, BC area

I'm traveling to Vancouver, BC with my neice for her first trip north of the border and want to visit some scrapbooking/craft stores in that area. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I love to shop for inspiration and getting unique items is a real plus. Thanks for you help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:25 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by dananymanView Post
I'm traveling to Vancouver, BC with my neice for her first trip north of the border and want to visit some scrapbooking/craft stores in that area. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I love to shop for inspiration and getting unique items is a real plus. Thanks for you help!
Depending where in Vancouver you are going, there are a few fun places to browse.
In Langley, Richmond, and Coquitlam, there is a store called Clipper Street (www.clipperstreet.com)
In Langley as well is Precious Memories, and it's huge. (www.myscrapbookshop.com)
In Vancouver, on Granville Island is a fun rubber stamp shop called I'm Impressed (www.imimpressed.com)
In Maple Ridge is Photo Express (www.pephotos.ca)
In Coquitlam is Remember Me (they don't have web page that I know of; they are located at #107- 250 Schoolhouse St, not terribly far from the Clipper Street)
There is a store in Vancouver called Scrapbook Warehouse (www.scrapbookwarehouse.com)
Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Default Vancouver shops

I visited http://www.myscrapbookshop.com/ this past summer and loved it. I wish they were closed to Saskatchewan, Canada.
I'm not from B.C but they have some wonderful shops. This one is in Langley but its not far from Vancouver. You hardly know you are out of Vancouver, its a subsurb. Enjoy and have a great trip.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:47 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

i second my scrapbook shop aka. precious memories has awesome selection and great prices i go their occasionally its 45-1hr drive out of vancouver that to me is the best one...
scrapbook warehouse is a good store the prices are great and always getting new things making memories with scrapbooking is another one, but they are pricy and dont get too much new selection in. im impressed has a great selection of rubber stamps but dont get the punches is way way more money and tools are way more money than other places.. its in granville island which is a nice touristy area
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

There is also Michaels in Surrey, Langley and Richmond. Also in Surrey there is a shop called Scrapbook City...

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

You gals are awesome! Thanks for all of the suggestions!! I can't wait and may have to go sooner. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

There are some really neat stores in Granville Island, if you are looking for something a little different try The Paper-Ya....love this shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Photo Express and Clipper street are places I MUST stop by anytime I go back to the mainland to visit! I need to try check Precious Memories next time though....that sounds like a great one!

My creative therapy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

Definitely get to Precious Memories in Langley, Clipper Street in Coquitlam and Photo Express in Maple Ridge. There is also a Michaels in Coquitlam.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2008, 04:30 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

There is a Clipper Street Scrapbooking store in Langley (Not very far from Precious Memories) and it is just a tad bit larger than the one in Coquitlam. It would also make the trip out to Langley a little more worth your while as you could go to both stores in one trip.

There are Michael's here but if you are coming from south of the border I wouldn't bother as our prices are more expensive than Michael's in the US. Same thing as any other store that is also in the US - prices will be more expensive here (it is sad but true)

I will agree with the above poster who said you should try and get to Paper-Ya on Granville Island. It is filled with fun & unique paper!

Enjoy your trip!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 05:59 AM   #11  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

All of the above are pretty good - but as far as I am concerned - your best bet is Country Lane Crafts in Surrey - in the Cloverdale area.

Here is there homepage... http://countrylanebc.com/Home_Page.php

They definitely have the best selection of rubber stamps and at great prices. I have not been to Precious Memories, so I cannot speak for them - but Scrap Book Warehouse and Clipper Street have great paper - but Very very few stamps. I'm Impressed on Granville Island is convenient, and carries a reasonable number of stamps - quite good actually - but not much paper!

Hope that helps!!! My fav ---- for stamps - Country Lane Crafts!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Default I'll second all those

Great ideas in the above threads. I live in Langley and often travel to Maple Ridge to shop at photo express. Very helpful staff and knowldegeable.

Check in with precious memories if you are travelling in March because the store will be closed for 2 days while they move to a larger location. The new location is just behind the current store in an old sofa shop.

Have fun!! you can't go wrong with any of these suggestions.

I'll be looking at Country Lane, as that is a new one to me.
TFS

Annette

Last edited by papercrafting; 02-03-2008 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: spelling, d'oh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

i love precious memories was there yesterday..

scrappy knitter i heard of hte one in cloverdale, how big is there selection of stamps and what do they carry,, well maybe dont tell me cause i will be there in a second, but i am trying to cut down not working....lol

also i forgot to mention this yesterday,, go into their websites sign up to the mailing lists, then you will get emails on their promos that they are having. and any coupons that they may have on for that week...this way you are prepared and save some money...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #14  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mokkabellaView Post
i love precious memories was there yesterday..

scrappy knitter i heard of hte one in cloverdale, how big is there selection of stamps and what do they carry,, well maybe dont tell me cause i will be there in a second, but i am trying to cut down not working....lol

also i forgot to mention this yesterday,, go into their websites sign up to the mailing lists, then you will get emails on their promos that they are having. and any coupons that they may have on for that week...this way you are prepared and save some money...
I actually haven't been back since I moved from Coquitlam in 2000. I know it's still open because I did a google search. At the time, it carried a lot of punches, brass stencils, stickers, and papers. I hadn't yet developed my obsession with rubber stamping, and I don't recall whether or not they carried any supplies. The industry has changed so much, I'm sure that they did as well. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2008, 12:47 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
I actually haven't been back since I moved from Coquitlam in 2000. I know it's still open because I did a google search. At the time, it carried a lot of punches, brass stencils, stickers, and papers. I hadn't yet developed my obsession with rubber stamping, and I don't recall whether or not they carried any supplies. The industry has changed so much, I'm sure that they did as well. Have fun!

thanks i will check it out soon, i thought they were new. never heard of them before only about 6 months ago

oh yest check this site out too...http://www.nightcats.com/vancouver/list14.htm that has a list of local van craft stores
Reply With Quote Likes