Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2004, 04:05 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stampin spots

i guess i missed something! how come everyone is wanting stampin spots or am i misunderstanding something? the way i understand it is the black stampin spot . im sorry if this sounds stupid!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Stampin Spots are so great! They are mini ink pads in all the color families. I sell tons at my workshops, for beginning stampers or stampers who are on a tight budget. They are also GREAT for travel or if you do not like one family as much as others (Prsonally, I do not use almost any color in Earth Elements, so I have the spots only!) They are so great and cost effective!
If you are a demo, you can buy a set of 12 black spots from the supply list too- it is a great hostess gift!

"Would you not like to be sitting on top of the world with
your legs hanging free" -Dave Matthews Band
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:14 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I want to get these, but am not sure about how effective they would be since they are only 1 X 1 square. Is it worth it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

The spots are cost effective and easy to dab onto the stamps. Once you figure out the colors you use, then you can just buy the matching reinkers.

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:39 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I own all the spots, but not all the Classic pads. For me, it's easier when I'm on a stamping rampage to pull out a box of the spots and just start stamping, then it is to pull out all the classic pads. Also, even though I have a room devoted to stamping, my table often gets cluttered and the spots don't take up a whole lot of room. You can re-ink them just like the classic pads too. In addition, if I use a certain color spot alot, it helps me decide if I want to buy a full size classic pad or not. I love my spots, and they are a good investment for the money in my opinion. ~Pam
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I love the spots...I have all of the color families. When I first started stamping I bought the BB spots so I would have a wider choice of colors. From there I decided what colors I liked and have almost all of the full size pads. I also like them when I go to my friend's house to stamp...take up a lot less room.

Now that I have almost all of the full size pads I let my son use the spots to do stamping...they are easier for him to use and I don't have to worry if he were to forget to clean a stamp and put it in a different color!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 05:24 PM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

Default Spots

I got the Earth Elements Spots after convention and have been showing them at my workshops. I also take them when I am "on the road" so much more room to take extra stamp sets that way.
I now have the Bold Brights and plan on getting Rich Regals real soon. They have gone over well at my workshops and I have had quite a few orders for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 05:28 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Most of my customers that buy the spots don't like them because they are so small and it is harder to ink up big stamps. So I always make sure to tell everyone that they are smaller and take longer to use on bigger stamps, and I recommend to everyone the larger pads - you can get like 5 times the stamping space on the bigger pads for a little more than twice what the spots cost. But the spots are perfect for like alphabets and traveling. I personally started with all the classic pads, I am just now getting the spots to have available to my customers when they come over to stamp and for when I travel so it doesn't take up as much space or weight.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 05:58 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Funny, as a customer, I had been using all the stampin' spots for about 3 years and never, aside from Black, bought a full size ink pad... they've served me well and as mentioned above, I love to pull out the whole color family box and stamp away.... but now that I'm a demo I'm venturing into getting all the full size pads. It just makes sense to do so now that I'm stamping a whole lot more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 06:37 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

I love the spots. I have all the colors plus all the full size pads. I use the spots whenever I want to go somewhere to stamp (much lighter and smaller to carry). I also use them when I want multiple colors on a stamp. it's easy to use because they're raised and I can get into small areas and get a nice blended look.

I wish they had the craft ink in spots too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 07:25 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I've been telling my customers at workshops about them for the past 3-4 months. I tell them to try the spots and then see what colors they are using most, and then get the large pad. This way then have a variety of 12 colors for about the cost of 4 pads.

I just ordered the black spots for hostess gifts, but they are backordered. But, I did get my Aqua Painters yesterday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 07:40 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love my spots. I actually think they work better on the large background stamps than the full size pads. Sometimes I don't get full coverage on a background stamp with the classic pads. If I use a spot I can be sure there is ink on the whole stamp.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

I hadn't really considered getting the spots other than for hostess gifts and door prizes. But after reading this thread, I'm starting to think I need them. They make so much more sense for beginning SU customers since they want as many colors as possible right off the bat. I stamp with friends at their homes alot and I hate lugging all my stuff every time I go anywhere. And the full size pads are so heavy, especially if you take all of them along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I have a list of things to do with the spots....i think i got it from this site but don't remember where....i am defenitely going to get myself these until I can afford the larger pads.

I am attempting to attach it here
Attached Files
File Type: doc stampin_spots.doc (30.0 KB, 94 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 08:01 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Demonstrators?

Do any of you savvy demos have a great way to market them? A way to use them that always WOWs your workshop guests?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm not a demo but I think they sell themselves...you get lots of colors for less cost. One thing I like to do with the spots is use them direct to paper for a square shadow behind another image.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #17  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I used spots exclusively for about the first 2 years I was stamping. I loved them. I have since switched over to regular classic pads (old style) and gave most of my spots to a friend who was just starting to stamp. I really miss having them for direct to paper and for inking parts of larger stamps.

Plus they are soooo cute in their own little box I think if you show them at a workshop as a set in their box and demo with them, they will sell themselves!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 04:31 AM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Some things to know about your spots:

Don't store them upside down all the time. If they seem to be getting a little dry, put them upside down for a day or two. They get a little TOO juicy, IMHO, if you store them upside down all the time.

Make sure they have got a nice hair cut. If you leave any threads that have raveled off the side of the pad cover sticking out, and if they are caught in the plastic cover when you close it, the ink will leak out of your spot through that tiny little thread. Amazing but true. So keep those threadies trimmed nicely!

All you need to do is show them in their box...they are irresistable. I usually use at least one spot in every workshop just so people can see them. When I signed up, one of the first things I bought was all the spots on the advice of someone on Stampin' Discuss. It was good advice. It's possible to ink up even a big background stamp and I had all the colors to get started with. I bought all the full sized pads eventually, but I still use my spots in workshops and when going to crops.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 05:48 AM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

I recently traveled to a cottage and took a tub of stamps and accessories. On a whim I threw in my spots...HOW HAVE I LIVED SO LONG WITHOUT THEM????

I absolutely love them and will purchase them all with every workshop I have!

Get them! You won't be sorry!
Member #4235
Check out my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 06:12 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

I have been selling a lot of these to my customers for the last few months. One question I can't answer is how long will they last before you need to reink them. So far everyone that has ordered them loves them. I personally never use them because I am just so used to using my regular sized stamp pads but I can see how great they would be for a new stamper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 06:16 AM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Default stampin spots

I have been thinking about getting these and I think you have convinced me..I HATE not having the right color, and I definately cannot afford to buy all the classics...I think this would be the perfect option for me! Thanks for all the advice! I am having a SU party next month, and i think I will be buying some ink pads!! Kerilou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 07:57 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: Demonstrators?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerveler
Do any of you savvy demos have a great way to market them? A way to use them that always WOWs your workshop guests?
Seeing is believing...
And I think that's true for most of our products.

I was really skeptical of the spots when I first saw them listed in the catalog. I mean really...1 inch square? How useful can that be? Turns out that most of the stamps in the catalog (big backgrounds excluded) can be inked up in just a couple of taps. The small sets like Everday Flexible Phrases and Mini Mates fit with room to spare!

I've had a set of Bold Brights since just after Christmas and the only one I've re-inked is one that a customer had double stamped (can you picture Brilliant Blue on a BRAND NEW Yoyo Yellow?) so I could clean out the color.

I now own all 4 sets...and honestly I don't plan on buying any more full sized pads because the spots do the same job 99% of the time, plus they take up so much less space.

I'd love to see spots come in Craft, too!
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 08:08 AM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I've had my spots for over a year and have only had to reink the pale plum and bliss blue. It's surprising how long they last. It seems only the paler colors have to be reinked more often (same with the larger pads).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 09:26 AM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

I replied earlier and just want to address the question of how long will the ink really last? I bought my first set maybe 3-4 years ago... honestly! and they're still great. Most of the time now I make sure to store them upside down to keep the ink fresh on top, otherwise they're so GREAT! And even though they seem small, I think that's a benefit because they are easy to manage- and I never get inky fingers with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 09:57 AM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

I don't have all the regular sized pads yet, but have filled in my missing colors with the spots. I love them! Most of my customers have purchased them, too, because they want all the colors but can't afford all the large sized pads at once. I find if I use them as part of my WS, I usually sell more of them that if I don't. The biggest problem my customers have is finding them in the catty, but pointing them out ot them is part of my job! They really do sell themselves!

Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes