View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 03:12 AM   #12
debzi333
Full of Malarky

As someone who recieves probably several packs of stamps from the US per week ( embarressing ) - and I purchase from ebay, as well as many online stamping outlets - Frantic Stamper, HM Stamps , A Muse, Addicted to rubber stamps - the chances of customs charging taxes ( for us, the GST plus PST - about 14 % seem to be very rare and just a flukey thing. I think for every 30 packages, I might get charged taxes. The post office then adds on 5 dollars for collecting the paltry taxes. But - it is not a big concern to me, and does not happen often at all.

I would only have it sent USPS - as another poster noted - you'd pay huge fees at a brokerage etc etc. Sometimes is is worth my money to pay for an expedited package, it that is possible, but mainly I get my stuff by priorty or just airmail.

Times really vary with both USPS and Priorty - though priority is definitely faster. I do not get worried about my package until 4weeks has elasped. Often things come sooner.. but you just never know. Seems to be very random as to time for shipping.

Hope that helps from a Canadian perspective. And - we pay FAR more to ship even within Canada - so your rates seem good to us.

I never ask anyone to put gift on an item - if I were the sender, I wouldn't want any trouble with the US border services on your side.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!