Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! i'm TOO organized!!!

just HAD to tell y'all this: for the longest time my 2 versamark pads, & my red, green & black staz-on pads all sat on top of the metal baskets i have turned on their sides to hold my ink pads sitting on my counter on the bar between the kitchen & dining room. they've been there for months! last week i put them in a plastic storage box & now i've LOST the box!!!!!!!!! :oops: i've looked high & low & can't seem to find it anywhere. do you know how much that one little box it worth???? i KNOW i haven't thrown it out; i haven't taken it anywhere. i've retraced my steps; i've just sat in the chair looking around the dining room (aka my stamping room) & i can't find that box anywhere!!! it's probably running around with my mind that i've lost too!!! if anyone sees either of them, please return to me!!!!! :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:15 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I hope you find it soon. I feel your pain, I lost my SU catty last week! It was under a bunch of bags from stuff I bought and hadn't put away yet.

I just spent an hour tidying up my craft room. You can finally see the top of the bed in there, we use it as a guest bed.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:17 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I think they're hanging out with my soft subtles beads and a missing stamp set. If I ever see them again, I'll certainly send them home!
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:35 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

those are words i don't believe i have ever uttered! or i wouldn't be sitting here going on 8 hrs of work at my M-F job, on a saturday, with an equally long sunday ahead of me. a little more organization could have prevented this!

sounds like you have the disease my mother had. the "i put it away so you wouldn't lose it" syndrome. always followed by a recurrance of "but now i have no idea where it is". it was such a joke with my mum. she would say - well you left it out and i didn't want you to lose it. i would say - and where is it now mum? LOST.

it may be in the big black hole that all our homes have. where wayward socks go to live, along with assorted other missing items!

now were my mum still alive, she would mention to you the power of st anthony!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 03:49 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default I can do better...

I had all of the Stampin' Spots, because when I first signed up I wanted all the colors but couldn't afford all the colors. Well over the course of time I got all of the full size inkpads and my Spots sat and sat and sat because I was doing mostly Stampers 10 clubs in my house and didn't need to take my inkpads anywhere....well one of my customers was oogling over my Spots and so I sold them to her.
Well..my Stampers Clubs fell to the side and I picked up more and more workshops....well of course then I started missing my Spots because I didn't have them to demo with.
Well...after long careful deliberation...I bought the Spots again.
My brilliant friend Amy(she's the brilliant one and I'm the beautiful one ) comforts me by telling me that figuring demo discount, volume rebate and what I got out of the original Spots we can just pretend I never sold them
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 04:00 PM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Its probably with my Little Layers II set!

Perhaps they are together on vacation in Tahiti!!!

As for losing your mind - my mom always says that it will come back as we are given a mind with return postage guarenteed!

However - mine is probably in a dead letter office somewhere with insufficient postage on it!!!

Smiles

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 04:06 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

mommakate--that is just toooo funny!!!!!!!!!! thanks for making me laugh; but i WANT MY versamark!!! haven't used it in forever & now that i can't find it, i NEED it!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 04:20 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Ask someone else to look for it for you. That ALWAYS works for me. My dh comes in, spots it in under a minute, then looks at me like I am crazy...

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Perhaps you put them in your laundry room and they had an affair with the socks and ran off! Where do those socks go once they enter the laundry room????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or they could have decided to run away with my pastels. After all, versa mark and pastels are a real go together. :shock:

I finally had my husband put up shelves for me in my craft room and in the process I had to carefully move stuff from one side of the room to the other while he was working (it is a very small room and I have a lot of stuff). I was especially careful with the pastels because I didn't want them to fall anywhere and bust them up. Well, this was two weeks ago and still no pastels !! :?

So if I find that my pastels and your versa mark pads are fratinizing in any way, I'll be sure to set the punishment to house bound !

Stef -
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 07:11 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Those of you that have lost items - did you look in your kitchens, bathrooms and laundry rooms? As in, you were thirsty and went to get a drink and left them on the counter and someone moved them in to a corner... Or you set them down in the bathroom? Or, maybe you set them on top of the dryer when you went in for just a minute to move a load from the washer to the dryer and then the person that emptied the dryer just piled stuff up on top. Did you check underneath your furniture? Cause sometimes things get scooted over on the floor and scooted again and then oops, something slides under the furniture. Or, maybe the dust bunnies reached out and grabbed them because you haven't left enough crumbs for them lately so they're getting back at you.

How do I come up with all these possibilities?? I have a 6 yr old DD that "loses" things all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 08:20 PM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The socks are stuck to the outside of your laundry drum. I know this because my friend's DH took their washer apart and found dozens of socks around the outside of the drum. They jump over the edge of the drum while it's spinning. Yuck!

I remember reading a letter a little girl wrote in to Ann Landers. Her question was "When I lose something my mom always says, 'It'll be in the last place you'll think to look.' And she's right, I always find it in the last place I look. Why is that?" Ann Landers said, "Well, honey, because when you find it, you stop looking. That's why!" :lol: I think the mother really meant to say, "It'll be in the last place you'd ever think of looking!"

What I hate is when I look and look for something and I find that it's sitting on my desk right in front of my face and I've torn the house apart looking for it.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 09:43 PM   #13  
Crimping Master

:lol: ok, jan, that solves the problem of the socks, but WHERE'S MY BOX THAT HAS MY VERSAMARKS & STAZ-ONS IN IT???!!!!! :lol: and as far as the dryer goes, i'm the ONLY person that uses it (or the dishwasher, or the vacuum or the.........you get the picture!!!!!) this is lots of fun, hearing everything y'all have lost--makes me feel "not so dumb"!!!!! :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 10:50 PM   #14  
Inking Addict

Default where do socks go? I KNOW!!

When we go to heaven, our cloud will be made out of all the socks we have lost and it will be nice and soft and fluffy. So the more socks you loose, the better your cloud!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 03:27 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: help! i'm TOO organized!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothy erdely
if anyone sees either of them, please return to me!!!!! :shock:

I think they are probably on vacation with that one stamp from versatile verses that up and took off from my house .... if they send a postcard - I will let you know.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 04:37 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Well, maybe they are off with my marbles. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see, about a year ago I was having a very difficult evening and my daughter asked me "Mom, what's wrong?" My response was "Oh I don't know, I think I've lost my marbles." Well wouldn't you know that she (5yrs old) proceeded to go around the house looking for my marbles. :lol: :lol: :lol: To this day she periodically asks if I've lost my marbles again and tells me that she'll look for them. I just KNOW that her image of my marbles is different than mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 05:02 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

A few weeks ago I "lost" Journaling Fun. I knew I bought it, I knew I mounted it. Oh , Debbie was here scrapbooking, maybe she put it with her stamps so I looked in her stamps and boxes. ( She keeps her supplies here.) Well I was frustrated off and on for a week, "I don't lose things". :oops: Then one day I was getting my things ready for our group meeting, and Journaling Fun was in the basket I had started with the items to take to our meeting. Wheee! I wasn't going crazy.

I am lucky enough to have a large stamping studio and I try to put things away as I use them. I am getting better because I put things away as I go and find that I need "that color, stamp, or marker" again so I have to get it aout gain. Now I "try" to leave it out until I finish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 06:26 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

This won't help you find your ink pads but it goes with the "You're not alone" thought. Before my little girl was born, I always kept my exacto knife in my pen organizer on my desk. Well, when she became mobile and curious I decided that wasn't a good place for it, so I put all of my sharp tools of that nature in a bin, in a drawer that she couldn't reach.

Sure enough, the next time I needed my knife, I tore the place apart looking for it. I had absolutely no recollection of moving it and couldn't find it to save my life. After many days, it finally dawned on me, when Abby reached into that same pen organizer for some brushes, where and why I had moved it.

Hopefully, it will come to you, where you put it and why!

Mo

Monica Stockton SCS #2687
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alexandria, VA

www.monicastockton.stampinup.net
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/skpupy68
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 06:29 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I am dying here...laughing at allof the crazy comments on lost items we treasure...I lost the JUST A NOTE stamp from mini mates.....the one I used more than any other in that set.....took a year...found it in another set that I had not touched in ages.....hmmm...cannot recall how it got there...but felt like I found a lost child....and brought it home...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 07:30 AM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Offer the kids a few $'s to find them, works every time!!

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 08:10 AM   #21  
Stampin' Fool

I re-organized my stamp area and now can't find my brayer! Maybe they go to some stamping and scrapping haven for runaway supplies!
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 08:46 AM   #22  
Die Cut Diva

I think we need to blame the Versamark...my Pearlex is missing and someone else said their pastels are missing...both go well with versamark...now if someone has missing Polyshrink and a heat gun we know what happened to the Stazon!

Wherever these items are hiding, I hope when I find them my son's birth certificate is with them because I have looked high and low for it with no luck :( .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 09:38 AM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Perhaps you put them in your laundry room and they had an affair with the socks and ran off! Where do those socks go once they enter the laundry room????
I alway heard that they disappear into the "hosone" layer of the atmosphere. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 10:33 PM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Oh my, this thread is hilarious!
So you must tell us when you do find them where they were because I'm going to be forever wondering if you don't!
I hope you find them soon, it drives me crazy when I do that, and I always find those missing things when I don't need them!

Miles of Smiles
Jo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 05:59 AM   #25  
Matboard Maniac

Boy am I getting ready to date myself.... but does anyone remember the Twighlight Zone episode about the Minute Men (at least that's what I called them). In a nutshell - this episode shows the Minute Men building our world each minute at a time and when someone "can't find their keys", it's because the Minute Men forgot to build them into that minute. Wait a few minutes and there they are on the table where you just looked a few minutes ago cause they built them back into the next minute. Then again, maybe these Minute Men have discovered stamping and are collecting all the stuff to make their own cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 06:09 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanastamps
Boy am I getting ready to date myself.... but does anyone remember the Twighlight Zone episode about the Minute Men (at least that's what I called them). In a nutshell - this episode shows the Minute Men building our world each minute at a time and when someone "can't find their keys", it's because the Minute Men forgot to build them into that minute. Wait a few minutes and there they are on the table where you just looked a few minutes ago cause they built them back into the next minute. Then again, maybe these Minute Men have discovered stamping and are collecting all the stuff to make their own cards

I totally remember this episode!!! I have applied it to my life to explain missing things, it's a wonderful bit of logic, isn't it??? :lol:

I'm glad I read this thread...I'm not the only one who doesn't recall where I put things...especially 10 minutes after I've moved it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I remember that too! They were blue, right? Most people look at me like I'm nuts when I try to describe that episode/theory!

Spread the stamping bug, yea!

Where in Virginia are you? I'm up north in Alexandria...

Mo

Monica Stockton SCS #2687
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alexandria, VA

www.monicastockton.stampinup.net
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/skpupy68
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 06:37 AM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Monica - yep - blue 'uniforms'. I loved that episode.
I've lived in Alexandria (many years ago), Fairfax, Chantilly, Sterling and now Purcellville.... I just keep movin' west I keep trying to outrun the sprawl and it just isn't working! I'll be in WV before long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 07:05 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm enjoying this thread! Boy - if I had a nickel for every time I have "lost" something in plain sight in my stamp room...well - I'd send ya the money to replace your missing items!!! Hee hee - then you would find them for sure! This is why I have 3 brayers, 2 pencil sharpeners, 4 bone folders, etc etc etc! The missing always show up after they are replaced! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 07:22 AM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

Right there with you Angela - I too have too many duplicates. One of my SIL's favorite sayings is "Hiding in plain sight".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 07:48 AM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

"Hiding in plain sight".
LOL love that! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 08:51 AM   #32  
Pearl-ExPert

Yah! LOL is right! We've all been there, haven't we? I actually look and look and look again, in all my favorite "tuck it away where I won't lose it" places because I'm SURE it's there, right???

As my kids are fond of saying, "Maybe Mr. Nobody took it!"

Keep looking! It's gotta be there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 09:44 AM   #33  
Insane Embellisher

I know this sounds very "new age", but your subconscious mind KNOWS exactly where you put these items. If you'll just take a minute to calm your mind and listen to what it is telling you, it will tell you exactly where they are. I do this all the time and it makes me really crazy to "lose" things, but I find if I just relax and try to think of anything but the "lost" items, the thought will float to the surface and I will go right to them. Your subconscious mind isn't capable of "forgetting" anything, no matter how trivial, you just need to find a way to retrieve that particular train of thought. Good luck!

Visit my Demo Website
I have a bouncing baby blog

There are three types of people in the world - those who can count and those who can't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 10:12 AM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

Look for something else. It never fails, I can be looking for something and find what was lost 2 weeks ago!! Take the phone, I swear I think it has legs! I find that thing in the craziest places! :lol:
Paige
Reply With Quote Likes