Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-18-2004, 07:50 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wedding Invitation Ideas

My best friend's sister approached me today about designing and making her wedding invitations. She wants something burgundy and silver with maybe some vellum.

I haven't done any wedding invites before. Can someone point me in a good direction for some samples or patterns?

Much appreciated.

KGidget
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 08:52 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey KGidget!! I just bought a brand new mag called party Creations. its put out by Paper Crafts mag. It is SO cool! Everything from wedding, shower, b-day etc! And its NOT frumpy! Very artsy, but do-able!!! I found it in the grocery store mag stand. Beautiful stuff!
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Tandra. I'll keep my eye out for that one tomorrow!

KGidget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll try to post a wedding Invite I made for a friend 2 years ago. She had a friend take a few black and white pictures of her and her fiance. She picked out her favorite and than I went to a scrapbook store and color copied it. (I color copied it so that the Grays in the photo showed well. the black and white copies looked cheap) She wanted it mounted on Orchid Opulance so I copied the photo and trimed it to be 5.25 x 4.0. Than I mounted it onto Orchid Opulance cardstock. We cut the Orchid Opulance sheets in half so the size was 5.5 x 4.25
Than I ran vellum paper (SU! brand) through my printer and printed her wedding info on it. I cut the vellum the same size as the photo (5.25 x 4.0) and layed it over the matted photo. Than I attached 2 silver heart eyelets at the top and ran ribbon through them.

Not sure if this makes sense. I'll upload it later today and PM you when I do so you can see it.

It was very very personal, looked professional, yet hand made and EASY. No stamping required...but you could still stamp if you wanted to.

:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 09:48 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Sounds very simple and elegant. My bride had mentioned maybe doing something with a photo, and that would be neat.

KGidget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm helping my girlfriend do her invitations. She has selected Baroque Burgundy, with vanilla cs and vellum. I'm printing the info on the vellum (once she picks the font...) :-) Stamping the vanilla with Toile Blossoms in burgundy ink. I'm using the ribbon corner slot punch to hold it all together. They look very nice, and it works out to be about .20 each for the paper materials. I've got some other samples, if I can find them, I'll load them...

Marci
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 11:30 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Marci. I was thinking of doing something similar, except I have the wrought iron corner punch. There is a lovely burgundy toile paper in the Victorian scrapbook paper package from SU, so I might use that (except I'll end up with scads of the other patterns I'm not using. Sure wish I could just pick one pattern to buy). I do have the Roses in Winter set and the Gentler Times set, so I might be able to do something with that.

KGidget
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2004, 12:02 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi I'm getting married next year and so I plan on making my own invites..... first thing I will point you to www.weddingchannel.com then search for boards.... I think under the planning tab there is a tab for invitations and stationary or something like that.

Great resource!!!

The latest craze in wedding invites are envelopements ... if you do a search you will find the company that makes them.... personally I think its tooo expensive to buy from the envelopment company and I plan on making my own version. This precludes the need for an inner envelope and looks really neat. There are two types regular envelopments and pocketfolds... I like the pocket folds b/c it provides a pocket for keeping the other enclosures (and you can do a neat looking staggered look)

Its amazing what these brides do with no crafting knowledge!

Find out what her theme is ... is it strictly a colored theme, is there a specific flower she likes and is using in her centerpieces? A black and white photo with velum overlay (the invite info printed on the velum) is simple and looks great! I'm not crazy about putting my own picture in an invite... in keeping with the eastern theme of my wedding I thought I would put a picture of a lotus flower underneath my overlay.

Here's my thoughts....
-a burgandy pocketfold (5x7)
-the invite on either solid white cardstock or a printed black and white photo of the couple with velum overlay attached with a burgandyribbon with silver highlights.
-Mat this on either solid silver patterned cardstock or on a white CS that you emboss with a silver pattern
- When you close the flapcreate a 2" matted square and permanently fix it to the top flat and maybe temporary adhesive it to the bottom. With this "seal" you can either heat emboss something (initials, flower, etc) or leave it blank so she can put the guests name on it.
-If the "seal" is too small for her guests names then you can create a paper "band" to fit either horizontally or vertically around the card and she can put the guests name on that (she can even pre -print them and then cut them with a trimmer)

I think these are soooo neat. It was researching ideas for my invites that got me into stamping/scrapping!!!!!

-Prachi
Reply With Quote Likes