Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SBDD09 My Favorite Things DT 1.11.08

It’s Friday!! Woot! Woot!!
That must mean it’s time for our next Scrapbook Diva Designer Challenge!!

Prepare to be motivated to SCRAP as we welcome these delightfully innovative members from the My Favorite Things Design Team:

Ana Wohlfahrt (annieht) http://inkastamp.blogspot.com/
Carole Burrage (TruCarMa) http://motherslittlehelper.typepad.com/
Carolyn King (Cammie22) http://myblogbycammie.blogspot.com/
Elizebeth Neumann (ebethnau) http://www.ebethonline.com/
Kim van der Sanden (The MFT Gal) http://mftstamps.blogspot.com/
Kim Reid (kimreid_stamper) http://kraftinkimmieskorner.blogspot.com/
Michelle Giraud (flaxychick) http://www.twisted-chick.blogspot.com/

It’s an absolute joy to have these SCSers joining us as Diva Designers – a couple are even returning to inspire a second time!

To participate in the challenge, gain some encouragement from these ingenious divas - and be sure to type in SBDD09 for the Keyword when you upload (that’s a zero in there, not the letter O). Thanks to everyone for joining in the challenge! Don’t forget to post a link here to your creation so that we can all ooh and ahhhh ;)

For even more inspiration from the MFT team, make sure you visit the My Favorite Things Member Company forum right here on SCS!

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBDD09

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your questions in this thread.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog

Last edited by elliesmom; 01-20-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:20 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow SBDD09_Kimmie

Hidee ho good Scrappers!!! I'm so excited to be asked to be part of the Diva Challenge Team this week!! I'm ashamed to say that I've done very little scrapbooking in the last few months, but I'm hoping that today's creation will jumpstart my scrappin' for this year!!

As a lot of you know, I started out my 'crafting career' (oh don't I sound hoity-toity?) as a scrapper. Scrapbooking is my passion and that's where I began. When I got invited to a Stampin' Up workshop, I went begrudgingly, thinking that I would NEVER buy all those stamps and ink just to make my own greeting cards!! What a crazy idea!! THEN the demonstrator showed me that I could use stamps on my scrapbook layouts......and that's all it took! I was hooked and haven't looked back since.

One of the first set of stamps I purchased, was of course, an alphabet! These are a staple for us scrappers! I counted how many alphas I have, and I'm ashamed to say that I have 18!! Gack!!! Do I really?? Yep. And I used them on ALL my layouts! Once in a while I change it up and use my Cuttlebug alphas for variety, but generally I go with the stamps! Stamps rule, what can I say??

I'm super happy with the way my double page layout turned out today. (And I do mean today........just finished it about a half an hour ago!!) I had just gotten these digital photos printed from Christmas and knew I just had to use them for this challenge!!

My challenge to you, is to a) use a colour as the main theme in your title and layout. I chose the BLUE from the colour of my gorgeous daughter's eyes. I immediately thought of the song lyric 'Baby's got Blue Eyes' and I have been singing it for the last 24 hours!! And sadly, only that line, repeatedly, as I have no idea what the rest of the words are!! Sigh!! So use the colours in your pictures as a jump-off point, whether it's the colour in someone's outfit, the colour of the landscape, the colour of someone's mood at that time. Go nuts! The other part of my challenge is to b) use one of or both of my layouts as inspiration! They don't have to be exactly the same, just use them as a guide if you like them. Sorry I don't have a fancy schmancy program to make you a black and white sample and even if I did, I wouldn't have a clue how to use it!!

Here are my samples:

Baby's Got Blue Eyes - dps

Left Page

Right Page

So go forth and scrap!! Thanks for asking me to join in and thanks for taking my challenge!!!

SBDD09_Kimmie

KRAFTIN' KIMMIE STAMPS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:38 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi guys!!!! Thanks for letting us be a part of your challenge, how fun! My challenge is *Pretty in Pink (or pastels)*. Use pink (hey, what can I say, it's my favorite color!) as the central color for your scrapbook page or a pastel if pink won't work. The second part of this challenge is to try out your own ribbon blossom made famous by 4Hounds. There is a tutorial listed on her blog that is easy to follow even for me! I won't dare say mine turned out as fabulously as hers or really even close, but it's fun to learn new things so I encourage you to give it a go!

My example features my favorite recent picture of my youngest daughter, Emma, in process of a *facial* by her sister! Gotta love girls!

Pretty in Pink

Thanks so much for playing along and be sure to add the keywords SBDD09_MFT Lady to your samples so we can drool over your gorgeous creations!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default SBDD09_Cammie

Hi everyone! I was so delighted to host a challenge as scrapbooking was my first love. Since I found stamps, though, I mostly make cards. But my resolution is to make more scrapbook pages to capture the memories of my children.

My challenge for you is to create a hidden text box. You can make a slide out, a pocket, or a fold over. Be creative�there are so many possibilities.
Hidden text boxes are great for hiding your writing (if you are like me and prefer it to be hidden!) or if you are creating a smaller page and don�t have room for it.

Here is my sample:

Christmas Scrapbook Page

Christmas Scrapbook Page-Open
Please use the keyword �SBDD09_Cammie� when uploading your pages.

In one week, I will select one person to receive a little package from me!

Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Default Birthday Girl

Hello sister scrapbooking Diva's! I am so honored today to be here and to share my scrapbooking with you!

I started out my paper crafting obsession with scrapbooking, but I got burned out when I decided to make 7 albums as Christmas gifts! Im a little crazy......surprise! So it was a WONDERFUL opportunity to step back into this side of my creativity with this challenge.

Here is my page:
Birthday Girls by ebethneu at Splitcoaststampers

I made a 12x12 page using the new "Kiss" digi papers that Kim just released. I LOVE these papers! I printed out 2 of the same design but in contrasting patterns and then layered them on the page for my background. Then I added faux stitching around the whole page and connecting the digi papers.

I then stamped and cut out images from the "Icing on the cake" set to use as my embellishments on the page. I added liquid pearls and stickles to the cupcakes and balloons.

The text reads:

"You are sweeter than a cupcake and you lift me higher than balloons. Your laughter is contagious and when you squeal your eyes shine. I love you forever, my birthday girl."

My CHALLENGE for you is to use faux stitching on your layout. And if you want some bonus points, use digi paper! Kim has a great selection over on MFT!

Have a creative day stamping and scrapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Welcome, welcome Divas!!
Your challenges are so fun - thank you so much for being here with us!

(and that ribbon blossom - whoa! that's adorable!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #7  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great ideas and pages ladies, thanks for joining us today!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know we'll have a few more posting throughout the day as well, but this will certainly get ya started!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

Hello Ladies! What an honor to be a Diva again! I must say that I was a scrapper at heart before I became a card maker. I have recently neglected it but with all these challenges I have gotten my creative juices going. I'm not great but I still love it.

My Challenge is to create layouts with letters. They have to be slightly larger that your regular journaling but you can display them however you like. I was inspired for this challenge by the punch out letters in all the scrapbook paper packs that you get. I never use mine so I thought I would give them a try. For my examples I used letters to highlight the sounds of animals. The stamps are from the new MFT "Punny Farm" set.

Here are my examples

Oink...Oink

Petting Zoo

Baa..Baa

Last edited by annieht; 01-11-2008 at 09:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default SBDD09-Michelle

Hi Girls! Sorry my challenge is so late today... work sometimes gets in the way of the things I REALLY want to be doing!!

I'm really a cardmaker at heart... but every once in awhile I dig into my hoard of pictures and put together a layout. My cards tend to be very busy with every inch of space covered with something! My scrapbooking is a complete opposite though with lots of wide open spaces.

My challenge involves lots of open space and a 6x6 layout centered in the middle of a 12x12 page. Try to keep all photos, journaling, titles, and embellishments on the 6x6 sheet so the remaining space is empty.

My sample is here... SBDD09 Bananas About You by flaxychick at Splitcoaststampers

I used two sheets of striped paper from K&Company, trimmed one sheet down to 6x6 and turned it sideways so the stripes went perpendicular to the background stripes.

I used a little stamped monkey, a banana and the sentiment "Bananas about you" as my stamping on this - all are from My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com).

Thanks for playing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Arrow SBDD09_Carole

Howdy from Oklahoma, Scrapbookers! I discovered scrapbooking shortly after the birth of my oldest son, who is now eleven. I�ve gone through spurts and sputters in my scrapbooking over the years, and I�ve all but abandoned it since stumbling onto SCS a little over a year ago. That's a pretty familiar tune, isn't it? I think part of the reason I find card making so satisfying is that a 4.25� x 5.5� piece of paper is a lot less intimidating than an 8.5� x 11� or 12� x 12� piece of paper to fill. Additionally, with stamping/card-making, there isn�t the pressure to get �caught up� � once you finish the card, you�re done with it!

However, my family, and especially my husband, would love for me to get back to my roots and start scrapbooking on a regular basis again. I would like to as well, but I don't want to cut down on my cardmaking, and there are only so many hours in a day one can devote her craft. So I�ve been thinking: there has to be a way to kill two birds with one stone. How can I combine card-making (which I enjoy so thoroughly) with scrapbooking (which would please my family)? Then the obvious hit me: using card fronts as scrapbook embellishments!

So that�s my challenge to you � design a scrapbook page where one of your focal elements is actually a standard size card front. Your page can be of any size. Here's an 8 1/2" by 11" sample I made for this challenge:

Bit by Bit

At the end of the week, I�ll select a participant to receive a hand-stamped note from me -- suitable for using on a scrapbook page, of course! : ) -- as well as some other scrappy treats.

When you upload your project, please be sure to us the keyword SBDD09_Carole.

Thanks for participating, and feel free to pm me with any questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Here are two pages for the Kimmie color challenge:
PAGe 1:
SBSC122, SBDD09_Kimmie by derck at Splitcoaststampers
PAge 2:
SBSC122, Hershey Park by derck at Splitcoaststampers

I also used the Scrapbook challenge sketch from last weekend #122.
TFL!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

These are awesome and I can't believe I actually was able to get a challenge done on the day it was posted! I used faux stictching in my layout and really love how it came out. Thanks for the awesome challenges! TFL~

Staying cool in the pool by sapphire1968 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #14  
Glitter Guru

What a great lot of challenges...I hope I have time this week to do some scrapping! Thanks for the ideas!!

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Syd by jluvssu at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my pg. for Kim's challenge...I used su! blush cardstock (did not have any pink) and tried my hardest at the ribbon blossom...but unfortunately it did not come out very good....and that was my 3rd try!

Fun challenge...thanks Kim!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Girls!! Awesome work!! Maybe one day next week I can try some of the challenges! I really need to get back to my scrapbooking!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 07:30 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the wonderful challenges, ladies...I have some ideas brewing!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I did mine. I used the kimmie and the mft lady tags for my lo since I think they qualify for both. I used black and pink and I tried to stay consistent with what my daughter was wearing and also the mft digipaper.

Here's my left and my right

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

great job on your pgs. Savitri!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by derckView Post
Here are two pages for the Kimmie color challenge:
PAGe 1:
SBSC122, SBDD09_Kimmie by derck at Splitcoaststampers
PAge 2:
SBSC122, Hershey Park by derck at Splitcoaststampers

I also used the Scrapbook challenge sketch from last weekend #122.
TFL!!
I love your use of color on these pages - really striking!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire1968View Post
These are awesome and I can't believe I actually was able to get a challenge done on the day it was posted! I used faux stictching in my layout and really love how it came out. Thanks for the awesome challenges! TFL~

Staying cool in the pool by sapphire1968 at Splitcoaststampers
I love your faux stitching. That was very brave working with the circle!! It came out great

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 12:51 PM   #22  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluvssuView Post
Syd by jluvssu at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my pg. for Kim's challenge...I used su! blush cardstock (did not have any pink) and tried my hardest at the ribbon blossom...but unfortunately it did not come out very good....and that was my 3rd try!

Fun challenge...thanks Kim!!
Your ribbon blossom is an adorable touch I really need to try one of those.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-12-2008, 12:55 PM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by putriView Post
I did mine. I used the kimmie and the mft lady tags for my lo since I think they qualify for both. I used black and pink and I tried to stay consistent with what my daughter was wearing and also the mft digipaper.

Here's my left and my right
I think my mouth was hanging open when I pulled these up. :lol: Your work is amazing - you are such an artist!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Ladies, thanks for the comments. It was a fun challenge and I found some cute digi papers from MFT that made the task so much easier

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliesmomView Post
I think my mouth was hanging open when I pulled these up. :lol: Your work is amazing - you are such an artist!
Jennie, that's how I felt with a lot of your work. I had a hard time picking a favorite from your gallery. NO wonder you're SCS scrapbook queen. I'm going to lift one of yours since they're all my kind of style

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 AM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Okay, ladies, Kimmie is really going to get a big head if everyone keeps doing *her* challenge to the neglect of *mine*! And I'm giving out a prize...!

So somebody, anybody -- do my challenge!!! Come on! I begging you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

I did Michelle's challenge:

toucans

sorry Carole, I'll try to get to your challenge, but no promises!

Last edited by Favorite Grandma; 01-13-2008 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 12:49 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Carole, I am uploading my first page and will start on your challenge next! I already have a card front in mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile Here's my page

SBVC10, SBDD09 by mhowe at Splitcoaststampers

I think this page qualifies for several of the weekend scrapbooking challenges by the MFT Design team.
1) Kimmie's challenge � use color as a theme. I pulled the color from the jeans/Not Quite Navy and the orange shirt of 2 of the boys/Only Orange
2) Cammie�s challenge � use hidden journaling. The journaling is hidden under the picture (it flips up to reveal the journaling).
3) Ann�s challenge � use large letters. Not sure if mine are as large as hers but the C in Crack is oversized chipboard.
4) Michelle�s challenge � leave open space. This was probably the hardest because I usually try to cram as many photo�s as possible onto a page but I like the results. LOL
5) Also it may qualify for Peggy�s SBVC10 to use huge punctuation marks. I used an oversized (but not HUGE) exclamation mark at the end of the title.

Photo is of my son's men's choir ensemble group called Crack of Dawn. They are called that because they get up at the crack of dawn to practice. LOL

Very fun challenge! Thanks MFT team.

Last edited by mhowe; 01-13-2008 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: add link to page
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

WTG Marcie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMaView Post
Okay, ladies, Kimmie is really going to get a big head if everyone keeps doing *her* challenge to the neglect of *mine*! And I'm giving out a prize...!

:lol: I'm intimidated by how amazing your sample is, but I'll give it a go! It's an awesome challenge

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Here's another one: SBC08J Dad & M by putri at Splitcoaststampers
It's for Cammie's challenge. I haven't journaled yet though. I need to think about it some more. The hidden area is on the top left - with the hinges and all that.

I might try one with a card

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

My page for Ana's challenge. I used a big chipboard W for my title. I think this counts.. There's also some faux stitching on the second page but the photo doesn't really show it at all. TFL~

Wet and Wild by sapphire1968 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Kim's challenge (The MFT Lady)

Christmas Baby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Lovely by jluvssu at Splitcoaststampers

Here is my pg for Cammie and Michelle's challenge...thanks ladies!! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:01 PM   #35  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Challenge Pages

I couldn't decide which CHALLENGE I liked the most and since I'm also in the Scrapbook Challenge --- I did them ALL!! These were GREAT Challenges! Here are my pages:

SBDD09_Kimmie - Junior Pg 1
SBDD09_Kimmie - Junior Pg 2
SBDD09_MFTLady - Thanksgiving 07
SBDD09_Cammie - Blessings
SBDD09_Elizabeth - Halloween Pg 1
SBDD09_Elizabeth - Halloween Pg 2
SBDD09_Annieht - Lots of Light
SBDD09-Michelle - Disappointment
SBDD09_Carole - Movin' On

Last edited by Lmn; 01-14-2008 at 06:42 PM.. Reason: Fixed a link
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:13 PM   #36  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking No Worries!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TruCarMaView Post

I did your Challenge!

SBDD09_Carole - Movin' On

Last edited by Lmn; 01-14-2008 at 06:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Ana's challenge

K for Kaboom
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #38  
CraZy Cat Lady
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added Carolyn's challenge to the right side of my sketch challenge page.

St Patty Birthday (pg. 2) by Salster at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Elizebeth's challenge - Peaceful Wishes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2008, 12:32 PM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

WOW!! So many awesome creations!
Thanks to everyone for playing along with the challenges - you're all very inspiring

Reply With Quote Likes