Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2008, 02:16 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Demos..........

I know this question has been asked before, but I am asking it again.

I am going to sign up to be a demo in February during the Sell-a-bration,
and I am wondering if the price for your demo kit can be used as the total for the Sell-a-bration sets?

Any info about signing up and all the benefits would be appriciated.

Thanks, ~Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I signed up last year as a demo during SAB - you do not get free SAB sets with the kit; however, you do get to select any set in the regular catalog as a freebie (I think there's a 47.95 limit or something like that but don't think there are any sets that expensive anyway).

You also get to custom-tailor your kit to some extent - switch out sets to get something newer (just has to be same costs or less), pick ink colors and color family for your assorted cardstock. Plus, on your first order placed w/in 45 days of signing up you get extra discount or instant income depending on whether it's a demonstrator order or a customer/workshop order.

Another great benefit to being an SU demo is that you get hostess benefits if you have a qualifying order, get SAB sets with a qualifying order, etc. I've heard that not all direct sales companies offer that to their consultants/demonstrators.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

Please don't take this wrong, as we're always happy to answer questions, but personally I think these kinds of questions should be asked directly to the person you intend to sign up under. How accessible she is, the answers she gives, or the amount of help she gives you to find the answers is a very good indication of what kind of upline she will be...

I know it's much easier to ask here, but I seriously wish I had asked the person I signed up under... it's just a good yardstick to see if she's going to be supportive and is well informed...

JMO...

and for what it's worth, sawood gave you the correct answers... now your upline DOES earn free sets based on how many people she recruits and her sales during SAB... and she can pick either SAB sets or catty sets... but a recruit just gets one free catalog set for signing...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #4  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CknODaCView Post
Please don't take this wrong, as we're always happy to answer questions, but personally I think these kinds of questions should be asked directly to the person you intend to sign up under. How accessible she is, the answers she gives, or the amount of help she gives you to find the answers is a very good indication of what kind of upline she will be...

I know it's much easier to ask here, but I seriously wish I had asked the person I signed up under... it's just a good yardstick to see if she's going to be supportive and is well informed...
That's a great point!

Now, in my case, I only signed up for what SU would give me b/c I had no intention of selling the stuff to anyone else - hobby only. But now my goals have changed so I am kind of winging it b/c my upline is far away and pretty much hobby only so we aren't in touch much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawood37View Post
That's a great point!

Now, in my case, I only signed up for what SU would give me b/c I had no intention of selling the stuff to anyone else - hobby only. But now my goals have changed so I am kind of winging it b/c my upline is far away and pretty much hobby only so we aren't in touch much.
My best advice? Read the daily updates on the SU demo website religiously.

You'd be surprised how many times I see questions that are answered there... and how many times they are missed... it never ceases to amaze me that there are demos out there who don't know certain things that are posted on their own website...

for example someone asked today on one of the yahoo groups why she was getting an error message when trying to order "full calendar"... well, had she read the updates, she would have seen that it is temporarily on hold due to a mistake in the font on the word "May"... they have removed it from OEX until a new batch can be created with the correct font... this was announced at the end of December.

Really, the SU website is the best tool for a demo. Second should be her upline....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 05:49 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Ladies!
My upline/demo that I has been my demo since 1995, doesn't know I am signing up yet. And I am signing up under her.
Funny about the SU website, because I find out more from this site, then my demo knows most times. You ladies are a source of great info.
~Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:09 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sky LadyBugView Post
Thanks Ladies!
My upline/demo that I has been my demo since 1995, doesn't know I am signing up yet. And I am signing up under her.
Funny about the SU website, because I find out more from this site, then my demo knows most times. You ladies are a source of great info.
~Marie
That is partly because there are so many demos who don't utilize the SU website to their full advantage. All of the information shared here is gained through our monthly magazine, Stampin' Success, daily updates on our website, and clarifications made through demonstrator support. Personally I think SCS has become the "lazy man's" answer to SU business.... what is shared here is always shared first at SU... it just takes a little more effort to actually stay on top of things using only the SU website.

I mean it's SO much easier to post a question here and get 100 responses than it is to navigate the SU website for the answer (which, if the demo was paying attention to in the first place, would have been answered the day it became an issue.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

That is partly because there are so many demos who don't utilize the SU website to their full advantage. All of the information shared here is gained through our monthly magazine, Stampin' Success, daily updates on our website, and clarifications made through demonstrator support. Personally I think SCS has become the "lazy man's" answer to SU business.... what is shared here is always shared first at SU... it just takes a little more effort to actually stay on top of things using only the SU website.

I mean it's SO much easier to post a question here and get 100 responses than it is to navigate the SU website for the answer (which, if the demo was paying attention to in the first place, would have been answered the day it became an issue.)

Just a simple question, didn't mean to get you upset, if that's how you feel.
I sense I hit a sore spot with you, not my intention at all. thanks for the info.
~Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Just a simple question, didn't mean to get you upset, if that's how you feel.
I sense I hit a sore spot with you, not my intention at all. thanks for the info.
~Marie
sorry if that is how I came across. I went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with you asking the questions you did, sorry about that!

and the tangent I went off on is not necessarily a sore spot, just a pet peeve that people don't use the resources the company they WORK for give them...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a demo and I find the SU site VERY difficult to navigate in. If I have time I will fiddle around in there till I accidently find what I'm looking for, but if I'm in a hurry I come here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #11  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I know this question has been asked before, but I am asking it again.

I am going to sign up to be a demo in February during the Sell-a-bration,
and I am wondering if the price for your demo kit can be used as the total for the Sell-a-bration sets?

Any info about signing up and all the benefits would be appriciated.

Thanks, ~Marie
congratulations, when you become a demo you should go over to the demo side here at SCS. there is a wealth of business only information over there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #12  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by skm330mksView Post
I am a demo and I find the SU site VERY difficult to navigate in. If I have time I will fiddle around in there till I accidently find what I'm looking for, but if I'm in a hurry I come here!
I echo these sentiments exactly. I wanted to look something up in the demo manual the other day. Hadn't needed to for over a year. it took me 15 minutes searching the site and finally gave up. Can't for the life of me figure out where they put the darn thing!
oh well some of us aren't all that patient with computers, i need a quick and easy site. JMHO
I also appreciate the comraderie with other scs'rs/demos I get off this site. they are extremely talented and knowledgable and so generous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm not saying this site isn't great, don't get me wrong...

my problem is with demos who don't bother to read the daily updates and then ask not even 3 days later why something is the way it is... half the time the update is still on the main page....

the demo manual is a different story... that IS hard to understand and needs interpretation on a daily basis LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

sorry if that is how I came across. I went off on a tangent that had nothing to do with you asking the questions you did, sorry about that!

and the tangent I went off on is not necessarily a sore spot, just a pet peeve that people don't use the resources the company they WORK for give them...

Thats quite alright.
I am starting to think my demo has to many irons in her fire, and am not quite sure how that might affect me as a new demo. I will take your adivce
and use the SU site the best I can.

My whole thought for asking the question was to get an insite on what my benefits might be when I sign up. I will find out this month when I meet for our 10's club meeting.
~Marie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Thats quite alright.
I am starting to think my demo has to many irons in her fire, and am not quite sure how that might affect me as a new demo. I will take your adivce
and use the SU site the best I can.

My whole thought for asking the question was to get an insite on what my benefits might be when I sign up. I will find out this month when I meet for our 10's club meeting.
~Marie
Well, I can tell you that if you sign up early enough in February, you'll have all of Feb and until March 17th to sell towards a few more free stamp sets.
For example, if you sell/buy between $550 and $750 during SAB, then you earn your choice of a stamp set valued at $23.95 OR a free SAB set... from $751-$1249 a $31.95 set or 2 SAB sets and so on... you also earn sets based on recruiting... (so your upline will earn a set if you sign up in February). Plus there is a program called Stampin' Start, which is based on your sales during a certain amount of time from when you begin. They changed this recently and I don't have the new figures right in front of me, but your demo kit will contain all the info about that in your welcome envelope.

So February is a really GREAT time to sign up...
Reply With Quote Likes