View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
AlternateReality
Matboard Maniac

Okay, news says the tornado was about 1/4 mile wide and continued for just over two miles before dissipating, with winds 90-110 mph, 200 trees and 12 homes damaged. They also showed businesses that sustained varying damage, mostly roofing and siding materials torn off and blown around. No one was hurt, but there were a lot of pictures of debris all over the place and some vehicles crushed by trees and building materials. There were a couple of portable housing units down by Vancouver Lake which were destroyed; the units housed the Vancouver rowing club's equipment. That was a huge mess, with stuff strewn everywhere.

It's amazing to me how much damage there was and how close it was to my house. We live off 129th St. about three or four miles away from where the most damage occurred; the tornado was first spotted at around 78th St., due south of us. Kind of scary!

I'm glad no one was seriously injured, and I hope everyone who had damage will have it restored by insurance.

And yes, it's a very rare thing to have a tornado around here (thankfully). And if the SCS folks are actually located anywhere near their mailing address, they should be fine judging by the fact that the tornado was pretty much on the northwest end of town.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!