Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2004, 07:26 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU demo in NJ

Hi... I'm a newbie to scs. I need some help... here's my dillemma. I have a huge wish list from the SU catalog. I am new to stampin and from my Scrapbooking experience I learned that I should see the items in action before I buy. I would love to host a party but don't have too many friends who would come (working hard on changing that). So I thought a better way would be to see if my demo puts together workshops and attend a few, but my demo doesn't. So I want to find a SU demo who does. Since I am a single young proffessional with no kids I want to find a demo who has similar background (after attending many classes and crops I realized that most stampers/croppers are mothers and that I tend to be an outsider)

So my question is 1) how should I go about find a SU demo who fits my criteria or even better 2) isthere a SU demo from the NJ (north or central) area who can contackt me.

Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 07:33 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hope to help

I would go to stampin up website and do a demonstrator search
http://www.stampinup.com/web2001/DemoLocator.asp
in your area and then email them or call them to see if they have Scrapbook workshops!

Where in Jersey are you?
I am originally from Hunterdon County and might be able to help you find someone!

-Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2004, 07:53 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

crazy-for-stampin

Sue (scdecker) and I are co-demos in the Freehold/Marlboro area. We host monthly workshops. If you're in the area and would like to join in the fun we'd love to have you. Feel free to contact us at either [email protected] or [email protected] for more info. If you are in another area, let us know and we'd be happy to help find you someone. Our upline has demos in other areas of the state.

Regards,
Robin
(Your status showed as guest so I don't have any contact info for you.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dear Crazy-for-stampin

If you are in the Hillsborough area, I'd be happy to help you out. I try to have montly stamp camps at my home. It's usually a a different theme each month. I also do home workshops occassionally which you'd be welcome to tag along.

My customers are varied--all at differents places and stages of their lives--and are a nice bunch of stampers. We'd welcome you to join us anytime. Feel free to check out my website www.lizrydwin.stampinup.net or email me at [email protected] with any questions you may have.

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Hi there - I'm in the Northwest section of NJ - Andover (but I also work in the Morris Plains area, so I'm open to most of North Jersey). If you'd like me to call you to set something up, please email me direct at [email protected]. There is a group of us in Sussex County that are putting together some great camps in the next couple of months, so we'd be glad to have you! Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 10:02 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy
Default Close to Bergen County...

Hi, Guest! You'll LOVE SCS - I know I do!

I am no longer a demo, but my former customers and I periodically have scrapbooking crops and stamping get-togethers at my house, which is near Bergen County. Some have little ones, but I'm an empty nester, as are a few others in our group. Some don't have children and are in their 30s. So, we are a diverse and silly group. I live in Rockland Co. We have a strict no-selling policy at these get togethers, and some are/were demos from other companies as well as SU.

The only prereq is that you not mind my enthusiastic 78 lb yellow lab, Busy! He doesn't hang out with us, but he'll be happy to meet everyone who comes to the door...

Send me a pm and I'll be sure to let you know when we next get together!

All my best,

Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 11:06 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi.. thanks everyone for the welcome and suggestions.

First let me say I don't mean to log on as a guest my my password doesn't work... will get that fixed.

Anyhow.... Marlboro is a little far. I'm in North Jersey. I had taken the advice and gone on the Stampin up Website and found a demo who has workshops. I went to a 10-10-20 class on Wednesday AND LOVED IT! Coincedentally Lori the class I took was in Andover (I would have contacted you had I seen your post earlier). There are three demos who do classes Barbara, Chris and Tina. I had a ton of fun.

I really think I should host a party.... gotta inspire my friends to start stamping though!!!

Thanks everyone.

-Prachi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 11:17 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

ok here's my tru profile (yes I do really exist).

Sorry about the guest/anonymouse business
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I'm in Paterson, NJ and I am in Rockland County all the time, my mom lives in Haverstraw. I have monthly workshops in Haverstraw and also go to my upline's monthly meetings in NJ. Weird!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-28-2005, 04:51 AM   #10  
Mini Quack

Default S U demo

Well we are happy you found someone...we do not want any excited stamper to feel left out... even more happy that you had a good time...and yes by all means host a workshop and have even more fun and get some of the new stuff free...
Reply With Quote Likes