Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Studio G 1$ stamps

So i just learned about the 1$ stamps today... where have I been!:rolleyes: LOL!

So two questions:
1. How often are they released? Seems like they go fast... I am going to go to Michaels today, but I doubt they have any left.

2. Do they stamp a good clean image? I have just recently gotten into clear stamps (PTI) and I really love that I can see where I am stamping. I would love to add more clear stamps to my collection.

Dawn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

The Studio G Clear stamps are fun and inexpensive. I have bought some of them. They do stamp a good image, but I've found it hard to use them with anything other than pigment or chalk inks - SU! craft ink doesn't work as well. The one drawback to acrylics, as you probably know, is that using a permanent ink such as Stazon can tend to stain the stamps; staining doesn't really hurt them or affect the quality or color of subsequent stamped images, they just look... colored. Some people have reported difficulty getting a clean stamped image from acrylic stamps straight out of the package; one solution is to rub them with a white eraser to remove the initial film.

When stamping with clear acrylic stamps, no matter the brand (as you've probably also experienced), a light touch seems to produce better results. If I press too hard, the images comes out distorted and/or squished. The one thing I love about the Studio G stamps is the wide range of sentiments I can collect and use on various projects.

I'm not sure how often the Studio G clear stamp sets are released, but they seem to be up to Series 8 or so. There have been several threads on these forums that show pictures of some of the series; doing a search for Studio G or 1$ Michaels on this forum (General Stamping) or Announcements or Tool & Product Talk will produce lots of results through which you may peruse.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 11:18 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

I've been buying them since they started. I just went and picked up the Easter and Valentines. Theres always going to be 24 in the wood stamps, and the clear ones 24 and sometimes, 16 depends..keep checking back here on the forums, people post pictures all the time..Also if you have a Joanns, they also sell them, and they are different too. but all made by the same company.

I think they stamp a clear image. I use the black stazon without a problem, same with the clear ones...sometimes, the clear ones dont want to stick to the block at times, but not very often...think about $1 what do you expect..

Anyways, have fun hunting them down. They usually come out for all the holidays...St. Patricks Day, July 4, and so on.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow~! I was just in M's and got a few of the series 7 ( about 5 including a tiny acrylic block to use with them!). They didn't have the Valentine's or Easter sets out yet- but they were just setting up the Valentine's displays. Maybe if I go in on Saturday they will be out:rolleyes:

Off to my stamp place to play with my 1$ finds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #5  
cms
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the Memories black ink from JoAnn's with them and find it works great! It still stains a little but I get a nice clear image. SU black doesn't work well for me at all. HTH
Jimmie Johnson #48 fan! KS Jayhawk alumni!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:11 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I just used the Brillance Graphite and Color Box White with them and it worked great!

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

[quote=okstamper;8214045]..Also if you have a Joanns, they also sell them, and they are different too. but all made by the same company.

I think they stamp a clear image. I use the black stazon without a problem, same with the clear ones...sometimes, the clear ones dont want to stick to the block at times, but not very often...think about $1 what do you expect..

Bonnie,
My Joann's is so small, they maily have fabric. They are going to build a newe store- won't open until Spring 09 though.

Do you have trouble with the Stazon? I have read on SCS that Stazon and it's cleaner "eat" the polymer stamps.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Dawn, I've never tried Stazon cleaner, but I've seen on some web sites that sell clear acrylic stamps that they recommend you not use the cleaner on their stamps. The Stazon ink (or any ink, really) might stain the stamps a bit if you don't clean it off quickly, but it doesn't negatively affect the way the stamp works for future use or use with other colors. I have a clear acrylic reindeer stamp made by Rubber Soul which is now a light shade of brown after I used it with Timber Brown Stazon. Maybe certain colors are worse than others, I'm not sure. -- Molly K.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Dawn,

I dont have that problem with the Stazon. I just clean my stamps with non-alcohol baby wipes or sometimes just water.. I havent heard of that other information.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 02:49 PM   #10  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

I think they stamp fine. Sometimes when they are new I use a clean eraser and go over them and they seem to be good to go after that.

M's also has $1 wooden stamps, mine just got the Valentine and Easter ones!!
My M's hasn't gotten new clear ones in forrrreverrrr.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

Location: Canadian prairie girl, lost in all the wind and snow!

They stamp really well. I have a category on my blog for studio g clear stamps if you want to see how they stamp. I only use stazon ink and it has NEVER stained. In fact I use a baby wipe to wipe the stazon off these stamps and it comes off like butter!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2008, 08:42 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Guess I need to go buy some baby wipes. It's been awhile since I 've needed these around. My "baby" is 6 :(

I'll have to try some stazon and chalk ink tomorrow. I did like the Color Box and Brillance. I have also tried the Palettes. I did get a little staining with those though.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by okstamperView Post
I've been buying them since they started. I just went and picked up the Easter and Valentines. Theres always going to be 24 in the wood stamps, and the clear ones 24 and sometimes, 16 depends..keep checking back here on the forums, people post pictures all the time..Also if you have a Joanns, they also sell them, and they are different too. but all made by the same company.

Anyways, have fun hunting them down. They usually come out for all the holidays...St. Patricks Day, July 4, and so on.

Bonnie
Hi Bonnie,

Where did you pick up you Easter and Valentine's Day?

Kelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I live in Chicago and the Michael's in Skokie(at Touhy) has all of the wooden $1.00 Valentine's and Easter stamps out already. They also had some of the new Studio G clear sets as well. Some are too cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 11:38 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

I just used some of the clear ones the other day. I used a small hanger from one set and a dress from another, and it was really a blurred image. I think it can get by kind of with that "grunge" look, but that's not what I was going for. I am not sure what ink I was using, but I think it was probably one of those perm inks that is safe for Copic coloring.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #16  
Chat Box Chick Enabler

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynamomView Post
I just used some of the clear ones the other day. I used a small hanger from one set and a dress from another, and it was really a blurred image. I think it can get by kind of with that "grunge" look, but that's not what I was going for. I am not sure what ink I was using, but I think it was probably one of those perm inks that is safe for Copic coloring.
Sometimes when it's first stamped it's a little blurry like. I read on here that you can take a clean erase and go over the stamp when you get it and it'll stamp great after that...it's worked for me! HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes