Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another ? for SU Demos

I hope you all don't mind me asking so many questions. All of you have been so helpful in helping me to make this decision. I'm just wondering what you all do to build your business. I've heard of the monthly stamp clubs. Are there any other things you do? What do you do at workshops to entice people to buy? I'm trying to pre-plan as much as I can.
Thanks for any input. If you would rather send me a PM instead of posting here, that's fine with me!
Thanks ladies!
Marji
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Are you an SU demo? If so, there is a demo forum...see sticky at the top of this forum...if you "join" there are tons of tips and ideas so you don't have to re-invent the wheel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator and would like to join the Demo Forums, here’s the latest instructions on applying:

(The process really hasn’t changed, just the Moderators that do the approvals have)

CLICK IN THE UPPER RIGHT HAND CORNER WHERE IT SAYS "Welcome _______"

scroll down and click on GROUP MEMBERSHIPS on the left-hand side

SU DEMOS ONLY GROUP

You will then be a sent a PM asking for verification and telling you what you need to send to my e-mail for approval into the group. IT IS NOT AUTOMATIC APPROVAL BECAUSE YOU APPLY – YOU STILL HAVE TO BE MANUALLY APPROVED.

Here is my plea:

PLEASE do not e-mail or PM me to ask how long it takes or if you have been approved and PLEASE respond by the date listed!

How can you tell if you have been approved?
Click on forums, you will see the demos topics at the top.
If you click on your name and look at your profile, at the bottom right you will also be able to see if you are a member of the SU demos group.

I APPLIED TO THE DEMOS ONLY FORUM-NOW WHY CAN'T I SEE IT?
*Admittance to the SU demos forum is not automatic.
Once you apply (directions above), I will send you a Private message outlining what is needed for verification. Please make sure you have clicked the box stating that you are willing to receive private messages in your profile so it will go through and FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS-ESPECIALLY RESPONDING BY THE REQUESTED DATE AND INCLUDING YOUR SCS NAME

I SENT THE VERIFICATION, NOW WHERE IS THE FORUM?
*The verification is actually checked by a human-ME! I do them regularly and will post to this thread if there is a reason why I would not be approving – i.e., vacation, etc.

Once you are approved you will be able to see the forum at the top of the list when you click on the "forums" tab.

HOW WILL I KNOW IF I AM IN THE DEMOS SECTION?
*IF you have sent me the requested verification, I will put you in as quickly as possible.
PLEASE do not e-mail asking if you are in - you can check yourself.
Go to your User Profile, click Group Memberships, and at the bottom it will show what groups you subscribe to.

If you’re not sure how to get to your profile, you can click on your name in any thread you have posted to and it will bring up your profile. Look in the bottom right corner and you will see what groups you are in.

I SEE I AM SUBSCRIBED TO THE DEMOS FORUM-NOW WHAT?
Just click on forums, the top forums are the demos only forums and you will see such topics as "Workshop Ideas", etc.

I SENT IN MY VERIFICATION, WHY AREN'T I IN?
There can be 3 reasons that you are not in the forum if you sent the e-mail verification in:
1. I just have not had a chance to put you in yet.
2. You did not include your Splitcoast name.
3. You applied over a week ago and did not send me your verification BY THE DATE REQUESTED (It is highlighted in red-ya can't miss it!) Names are removed when that date goes by If you do not respond by the date requested, go back under and reapply. I will take names off the pending list as it takes up space on the (ever-growing). AGAIN, if you don’t reply by the requested date, your name will be removed from the list and you will have to reapply.

If you know it has not been a week and you are still not in 3 days after you sent verification, please resend it to my e-mail. Again, PLEASE do not PM or e-mail as to whether or not you are in -- you can check it yourself and not have to wait for an answer from me .
If you have sent in the verification and do not think you are in, click on your profile FIRST to see if you are in the group (again, look in the bottom right corner) and then reapply under User Profile – Group Memberships and resend your verification. If it says you are still pending, then just resend the verification requested.

Thanks!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2007, 05:20 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the info. No, I'm not a demo yet, I'm planning on signing up in Feb. Baby #3 is due the beginning of March, so I'm trying to pre-plan/brainstorm as much as I can before then.
Marji
Reply With Quote Likes