Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2004, 07:52 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What SU products do you wish they'd let you buy separately?

The SU colour thread got me thinking about what other products I wish SU offered. I'd love it if I could buy the metal-edged tags by size, rather than an assortment of sizes in each pkg. I'd also love to be able to buy a specific colour of eyelet, rather than an assortment. When I do a large run of one particular card, I hate having to order assortment packs where I never seem to use up the other colours I don't have use for.

What about you?

KGidget
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whether customer or demo-the best way to see these get put into place is to conatct Stampin' Up! Many changes this year were put in place because of demos and customers speaking up and saying what they wanted.

So if you post here, please make a copy of your comments and then send them directly to Stampin' Up! Posting them here will not help the company make the changes you want to see.

click www.stampinup.com and the contact us! section at the bottom of the page-you can e-mail the marketing department directly!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 07:57 AM   #3  

Eyelets for sure. There is always one color in the asst that gets used up, then you have tons of another.

Also, the watercolor pencils. I have one blue one that is getting really short, and when it is gone I'm going to have to buy a whole new pack just to get the blue one.

As for tags, (not the metal edge ones, but the tag sheet asst) I just wish they would come out with tag punches. there is never enough of one size tag to do more than one or two cards. So, for a swap forget it! Plus, then you could have your choice of 48 colors instead of 16.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:06 AM   #4  
Glitter Guru

I wish you could buy the designer paper by sheet - i.e. a 10 pack of one sheet rather than the assortment - or put all the stripes in one pack, all the flowers in another - I just ain't a flower gal and I have flower designer paper up the wa-zoo....

Oh and there are tag puuches out there (just not in the SU catalog) I got one from Micheals - I got the smallest one but they had 2 other larger sizes all the same style - I recently used it on a card front I made - it's in my gallery if you want to take a look at the tag - looks very simialr to the punch out SU ones
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:07 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Background papers ...just about everything else I'm OK with in assortments, but with the bkgrd papers, there's usually only 1 or 2 patterns in the package I'm hot for, and the rest, just sit unused, gathering dust ...

I need to sell 'em off, I guess. I keep thinking I'll find a creative way to use them and therefore become more enamored with them, but, alas, it's always a back-burner project for me ..... :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:29 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Tag punches
Single options for designer papers/vellums

Those are my two...oh, and the single watercolor pencils...I could see the advantage there!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:46 AM   #7  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
I wish you could buy the designer paper by sheet - i.e. a 10 pack of one sheet rather than the assortment - or put all the stripes in one pack, all the flowers in another - I just ain't a flower gal and I have flower designer paper up the wa-zoo....

Oh and there are tag puuches out there (just not in the SU catalog) I got one from Micheals - I got the smallest one but they had 2 other larger sizes all the same style - I recently used it on a card front I made - it's in my gallery if you want to take a look at the tag - looks very simialr to the punch out SU ones
Yeah, I know that there are punches out there, I have a sizzix one, and am going to head to Michaels to check out their selection. It would just be nice if they could come from Stampin Up. And the sizzix one the I have can't nest nicely like the SU ones do.

And I agree about the patterned paper too! That would be really nice to get all of one color. But also to have the option of the assortment too!

And PS. Britta I took your suggestion and e-mailed Stampin Up.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:47 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I agree with the designer papers/vellum. If you are doing a stamp camp or workshop, you have to buy several packages in order to get enough of one design!

I would like to see the greetings sold seperately or smaller groups. I have all of the AYC sets and use maybe half of the greetings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #9  

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazygirl

I would like to see the greetings sold seperately or smaller groups. I have all of the AYC sets and use maybe half of the greetings.
Oooh! That is a good idea! I've seen people do splits of these, but I can imagine that everyone would probably want the same ones.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I would love to see the mats/pads/templates that come in the Tool Kit sold seperately. Not being a demo, I don't know if that's an option that demos have on their "special" order sheet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:50 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
I am so on board with this one!! I cannot stand the flowers in the set with the bright orange and pink lined paper so I won't order the paper at all. It's not worth it to me to have pieces of CS just go to waste if I can't stand two out of four designs.

And agree about eyelets. Would be nice to not have an over abondance of certain colors because I use so many more of the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:56 AM   #12  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,035 Likes on 476 Posts

I had my hand raised, too, at the paper assortment, but my NUMBER ONE item would be....

FIBERS!

I would like to be able to use my fibers on swap cards, but can't because there isn't enough of any one color to make more than a few cards. Plus, I wind up hoarding my fibers because I want to be able to show them at a party, so I feel like I can't use them for cards because it will be used too quickly. So, I keep saving it for "something special," but am afraid I"m wasting them, so they sit, unused. Arrrgh!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I agree with everything that's been said.

I guess it would be nice to be able to order anything that comes in a variety pack, singly.

At least as a Supply Order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:01 AM   #14  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

And PS. Britta I took your suggestion and e-mailed Stampin Up.
YEAH!!! Seriously-it doesn't take very long to copy and paste your message on an e-mail to the company.

Sooooo-I am posting a challenge-after you post here about changes you would like SU to make, e-mail the company. Then post back here that you completed the challenge. And when you post back here you can put

"Just said Howdy to the folks in Utah!!"
so we know how many folks are sending their messages on to the people in charge!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:16 AM   #15  
Abbe-licious

I wish that you could just buy 1 blender pen instead of three. If I could buy one for say $3.50, then I would have enough extra money to buy another pack of paper, or something else I would like.

Kirstin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:22 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Default I wish...

Individual Spots - like the old days. Some colors would be really nice to have - but I don't want/need the whole set.
And I totally agree with the Patterned Paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:24 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

My number one wish:

Designer papers/vellum

I too have many that go unused because I don't care for all of the prints and yet some prints I just have "got to have"! I guess that is why Stampin Up! makes so much money off of me.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:51 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

Cardstock assortments that you can create yourself!! So you can get the colors you want in the amounts that you want. 6 sheets each of 6 colors, for example. My Going Gray cardstock isn't moving very fast. <G> I bought the CS assortment packs at first, but now I'm buying packages of one color. But being able to create your own assortment would be awesome!

Also, a RIBBON assortment! I love SU ribbon, and I know it's a very good value if you look at the number of yards you get, but it's pricey to get a bunch of colors. Maybe we could get a smaller amount of each color.

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 09:59 AM   #19  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

THE WIRE!!!! I love using the wire and got a "sample" package from a friend that had got them all and just love to work with it just that it comes in such large quantites that it just wouldn't work for me.

Also the designer papers, I have to make myself use some of them just because I have them and ran out of the "fun" ones ;)

I also wish they had more individual sayings or words too. I have a Christmas set that had 2 sayings years ago and I use both of them compared to my set that has lots of sayings and words in it, that I dont' use all of them.

oooohhhh the buttons and eyelets too, forgot about them!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 10:02 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love my kids
I wish that you could just buy 1 blender pen instead of three. If I could buy one for say $3.50, then I would have enough extra money to buy another pack of paper, or something else I would like.
Ditto, I shy away from buying a needed new set because of the cost and I only need one. I need to find 2 other people to split a set with me.

I also would love the eyelets split up.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 10:30 AM   #21  
CRAZY DAISY

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love my kids

Kirstin
to those of you who have issues with the items like three blender pens ( kirstin is my sister and i never thought of doing this :oops: :oops: ) talk to your demo and maybe she will purchase the rest. they make great gifts for sc or parties. just a thought
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #22  
Glitter Guru

[quote="Soozie4Him"]Cardstock assortments that you can create yourself!! So you can get the colors you want in the amounts that you want. 6 sheets each of 6 colors, for example. My Going Gray cardstock isn't moving very fast. <G>

Gee, I solved the Going Gray problem by spraying it with silver pearl ex mixed with hair spray and made the most wonderful silver paper! I love it! Try it out, it is something to see it in person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 02:15 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Velvet Paper, I dont want assorted colors I want 5 sheets of the same color hehehehehehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 02:22 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

I wish the eyelet template was sold by itself. Also, agree with the DS paper & vellum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 03:53 PM   #25  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyWyf
I would like to be able to use my fibers on swap cards, but can't because there isn't enough of any one color to make more than a few cards.
When I do swaps, I make several different cards if I'm using fibers or other embellishments that I don't have enough of... the cards aren't vastly different, but I might do two versions of the same card, just different colors. The recipients don't know I made different cards!

I was in the same box - until I hosted a swap!
Old 09-16-2004, 04:01 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

Maybe You could post what you have to trade (ex. flowery paper) and get a certain kind that you like. It might be a little tedious but a great way to get what you'd like without spending more cash. You know... one stampers trash is anothers treasure.
And e-mail demo. support too! I am a simple customer (with a super awesome demo.) but would love to have these options!
If all else fails... RAK to the Rescue!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 04:46 PM   #27  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 242 Likes on 129 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendra
I wish the eyelet template was sold by itself. Also, agree with the DS paper & vellum.
My thoughts exactly!
Smiles,
~TexasGrammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 06:17 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

My biggest wish is the eyelets! I wish, I wish, I WISH that SU! had eyelets in ALL the colors available and that you could order them individually like you can the red, black, silver, white and gold eyelets. That would be a dream come true for me! I also wish they would offer the die cut boxes and tags in ALL the colors that SU! makes and that you could order them individually instead of in assortments. Just my .02
Velma
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:01 PM   #29  
Hot Mess

Default my wish!

I wish they sold Pink Passion eyelets and buttons!!

I also would like narrow organdy ribbon in black and regular organdy in orange.

Amy "Pro" K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 08:30 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

I have always wished for the blender pens as well to be sold seperatly. Unless you a demo who needs multiple pens it just seems weird for one person to have three of the same thing that you can do all the colors with just one.

SAHM to Dominik 1/1/00 & Alyssa 3/8/01
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/smartinez182

Go Beavers!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 10:35 PM   #31  
Die Cut Diva

I too would like to get the colors of eyelets that I need without having to purchase an asst. I am out of old olive and have tons of rust ones. :(
And a tag punch would be great too. I'm going to email the company and ask for this stuff. I hope everyone else reading this thread does the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received a catalog called Paperwishes. Add .com to that to order a catalog. I couldnt believe the goodies in it!! I havent seen this array of stuff anywhere! AND, there is a TAG PUNCH that punches 3 different size tags at once!! I thought about making a copy of the page and sending it to Pam Morgan in Product Developement. It is made by a major manufacturer, McGill. Its on the back page, and there are 3 different punches that do 3 diff.tags.There is a buttonhole punch(4 holes), double ribbon punch and all sorts of nesting square punches w/different edges, incl. a stamp edge!! Order your catalog!! Ephemera, ribbons, buckles, slide mounts,etc etc etc.
Tandra

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 03:02 AM   #33  
Glitter Queen

What about hosting a swap of unused parts of assortments?? There might be someone out there who only uses the color,pattern, size or shape that you have tons of.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes