View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 12:07 PM   #150
ArtLvr
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2stampers View Post
My DS is being monitored for ADHD, but I think it's the SPD.

He did a year of OT, and then we moved across the country and he fell out of the system. That was 3 years ago and now he has aged out. We have had him in activities like gymnastics, rock climbing and swimming because all of them work many of the muscles, but consequently, he stays just barely within range where they won't justify therapies. If we pulled him out of everything, they would do it and pay for it, but because we spend a lot of money to prevent that from happening, he doesn't get help.

He did learn to skate finally and we are super proud! We don't know if he will ever ride a bike though.
What you've described is pretty much what we are going through. We've got DS1 in soccer but after the first ½hour they loose his interest. The last 15 minutes is usually something new which throws him for a loop. DH gets very frustrated with DS1 when he stops paying attention and goofs off. I chucked it up to his language issue. But now I'm seeing that maybe it's not. It's hard to say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2stampers View Post
BTW, when we had him in the ER recently for his chest pains, the doctor called it Sensory Misinformation.
What does Sensory Misinformation mean? (please forgive my ignorance )
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!