Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-19-2007, 01:31 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The discount that SU demonstrators receive is a minimum of 20%, not 25%. So, customer places an order for $100, gives you $100 plus tax and shipping. You give SU $80 plus the tax and shipping on the $100. Your income on this transaction is $20!

The more you sell/buy, the higher the discount. There are other monetary incentives if you have a downline who is selling.

Yes, your upline gets rewarded when you sign up under her. I think this varies depending on the month, SU incentive, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 04:59 AM   #42  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibilance7View Post
Hi, I'm new here and I'm thinking about becoming a hobbyist demo. I have two questions, though. First, does the person you sign up under get any incentive for signing new people up? Second, I think I've seen that we get a 25% discount, right? So does that mean that the customer places an order for, say, $100 worth of merchandise, gives that amount to me plus shipping and tax, and then I would send $75 plus the shipping and tax to SU! and keep the 25%? I hope that question made sense, and thanks in advance!
  • does the person you sign up under get any incentive for signing new people up?
    Yes. They will get an override of your sales. This doesn't come from you. SU sends them a check once a month
  • if I ever decided to make this a real business, how much money would I make from sales, as expressed by a percentage?
    From the start you get 20% instant income. Meaning someone orders $100 of merchandise, they pay you $100+S&H. You get $20 and send the rest+S&H in for your order
    Now as you progress, the more sales you have in a month, the more you can make The first amount is $400. So if you sell $400 in merchandise, you'll get $80 instantly, then at the end of the month you'll get a check for $20! There are even higher amounts, until you reach the max amount for Volume Rebate, which is 20% - for a total of 40% each month!

I hope this helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 06:30 AM   #43  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by canbenView Post
[LIST][*]does the person you sign up under get any incentive for signing new people up?
Yes. They will get an override of your sales. This doesn't come from you. SU sends them a check once a month
Just to clarify -- the person you sign up under (as well as their upline, and their upline's upline, up to 5 levels above you) may get a percentage of your sales in a monthly override check, as long as her title and sales place her in a position to receive an override. You must be at least a supervisor to get any overrides and you must sell at least $300 in the month that you want to collect the override. If your upline does not meet either the title or the monthly sales criteria, then she does not receive the override. I would recommend speaking with your upline about ways to earn overrides, volume rebates, and what you need to do to promote within Stampin' Up!

Also, if your upline has been an SU demo for less than 6 months, she will receive a stamp set as an incentive for recruiting you as part of the Stampin' Start program. After you sign up you will also be able to participate in this program which gives new demonstrators the opportunity to earn up to 9 free any price stams sets from the catalog based on certain sales and recruiting criteria. (Six sets can be aearned through sales and 3 through reruiting). Again, ask your potential upline for details about this awesome promotion.

Finally, from time to time Stampin' Up! has recruiting incentives. Sometimes the incentives are for the people signing up (like the free family of ink pads promotion in the fall), sometimes they're for demonstrators only, and sometimes the incentive is for both the demonstrator and the new recruit. The next announced incentive will start in with Sale-A-Bation on February 1 and it is a mutual incentive, meaning that both the demonstrator and the recruit receive a bonus for recruiting/signing up during Sale-A-Bration. You should definitely speak with your potential upline about whether it may be worth it for you to wait until February to sign up. IMO, for anyone who wants to be a business builder, it makes more sense to sign up now and line up parties for Sale-A-Bration, but you and your potential upline can discuss your particiular situationa and what would make the most sense for you given your goals for your new business.

And once again, I will put in my pitch here to make sure that you do interview your potential upline before you sign up to make sure she is ready and willing to support you in your new business based on your goals. I would also make sure that she would be able to support you if your goals were to change (if originally you wanted to stamp as a hobby and then decide to grow the business or vice versa). Not every demonstrator is able to be or wants to be an upline, so you want to make sure that the person you choose will be happy to have you as a member of her team and will be able to assist you as you're getting started. It's totally OK to interview a few people to make sure your upline is the right one for you. Better to do a little extra leg work up front than to be unhappy later. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the answers, everyone - they were really informative! I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but now I have more info to work with.
Reply With Quote Likes