Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #1  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cambria

Cami what can we do to help? :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cambria
I've had a lot going on...... thanks for asking. I had a very traumatic couple of weeks. My cousin's husband and three of their four girls were in a head on collision. By a miracle, the girls were okay with minor cuts and a lot of bruising, but their father was air flighted to a major hospital and is struggling. They are in California and I feel helpless and want to be there to help out so badly. This happened ironically the same day I lost my only sister in a head on collision 14 years ago. So, I guess you could say it was a double impact for our family. Thank goodess the boys started back to school, cause I was a wreck for a few days. I'm on a stampin mission to send all kinds of goodies their way and I've been helped out by the kindess of many Splitcoaststampers.... gotta get another thank you in!! You all just rock my world!!!

Scott was moved to serious condition, and we are praying for stable soon so that he can be transferred to the hospital where Starla works and is closer to home. But, he may be facing another surgery and is suffering from depression. Any prayers for him and their family would be appreciated!!

I miss everyone and will be back in full swing when I get caught up on things. Thank goodness for school and nap times!

Thanks again for all the support...... I love ya from the bottom of my heart!!

~C
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Cambia!
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry!
Hugs to you and of course prayers are in full flight!

God bless,
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 11:11 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

:(

Let me know if I'm close enough to help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 11:17 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

My thoughts and prayers are with you, too. We miss you so much but you take care of yourself and your family. Know the SCS family loves you. Even though we may not have met face to face, I know you through your artwork and by all the responses you receive on this site.
God bless you!
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 11:22 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cami,
Oh my goodness - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. You take care of yourself as well - your "boys" all need you!
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 11:30 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Oh Girl, I hope things start lookin' up soon. If ever you need a shoulder, just let us know. I be thinkin' of you and your family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Cami ~ You know my thoughts and prayers are with you. It certainly has been a terrible couple of weeks for you. Chin up and hopefully things will be brighter for you soon.

Love ya (both in a SKW and not) !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 11:58 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Re: Cambria

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cambria
I've had a lot going on...... thanks for asking. I had a very traumatic couple of weeks. My cousin's husband and three of their four girls were in a head on collision. By a miracle, the girls were okay with minor cuts and a lot of bruising, but their father was air flighted to a major hospital and is struggling. They are in California and I feel helpless and want to be there to help out so badly. This happened ironically the same day I lost my only sister in a head on collision 14 years ago. So, I guess you could say it was a double impact for our family. Thank goodess the boys started back to school, cause I was a wreck for a few days. I'm on a stampin mission to send all kinds of goodies their way and I've been helped out by the kindess of many Splitcoaststampers.... gotta get another thank you in!! You all just rock my world!!!

Scott was moved to serious condition, and we are praying for stable soon so that he can be transferred to the hospital where Starla works and is closer to home. But, he may be facing another surgery and is suffering from depression. Any prayers for him and their family would be appreciated!!

I miss everyone and will be back in full swing when I get caught up on things. Thank goodness for school and nap times!

Thanks again for all the support...... I love ya from the bottom of my heart!!

~C
[/quote]

Cambria,

Sorry, I missed the original thread Your family is in our prayers! I lost my baby sister, BIL & baby nephew in a head on with a motor home last July. I gained a new son after sitting with him in the hospital not knowing how his outcome would be. I pray that all will be well and sooner than later. Are the girls doing ok? I know I have a problem being in vehicles now.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 12:02 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am so sorry to have missed the original thread, thank Jovi for helping us notice it!
C, just know that we are praying for all involved! And do keep us up to date! I wish I could write this in PINK & BLACK to cheer you up so just pretend that every other word is pink!
Love and Hugs~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 12:05 PM   #10  
Gabfest Goddess

Cami! Please let me know if I can help in any way at all!!! PLEASE!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 12:14 PM   #11  
Hardware Hotshot

Cambria,
I said this in the other thread but I want you to know that you and yours are in my prayers. Is there anything else that we can do for you? PLEASE let us know. We are here for you. Kim
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 12:41 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

(((((((((((((Cambria)))))))))))))))))

I'll be praying for you and your family. Try to take it easy and not try to pack too much into your days. ((((((((((((Cambria)))))))))))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also missed the original thread and knew something was up when I saw the cards that Julie HRR did for the girls.

Cami, you and yoru family are in my thoughts and prayers as well and please let us know if there is anything we SCSers can do to help you!!

((((hugs))))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 12:50 PM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh, you guys!! Your thoughts are prayers mean the world to me!! Thanks so much! I'm doing okay now that I'm through that one week and I'm totally focused on trying to help my cousin's family. It's going to be a long road for them, but they have huge faith and I know they will be okay too.

I've got a really good therapist, (who lets me sit on the pink couch) who let me cry all week! And the friends.....

I had a epiphany (did ya know Jenn can spell just about any word you throw at her?), well, maybe just a big lightbulb moment I know why we all get so "steamed" here at SCS on the forums. Well, because we all have lots of passion and we love what we do, but also that there are so many FREAKIN awesome women here! You cannot believe the outpouring of support from "cyber" friends here. The amount of love, compassion, HUMOR, friendship, is just mind blowing!! I've known about this "feeling", or "atmosphere" of the site for a long time..... as do most of us that are so addicted to it, but to actually have it spill over and touch the lives of my family in such a time of need...... I can't tell you how amazing it feels. I've been touched so many times by little notes and RAK's from "strangers" that feel like friends. Which by the way, I am so far behind in returning, but promise to before my kids leave for college! :oops: But, you all truly have no idea what it means to me to be able to help them out from so far away, when I feel so overwhelmed at times with my own life, and all that I've put on my plate. And then it hit me..... I've heard it, said it, believed it a million times...... Touching Lives....... Stampin' Up, touching lives!!! And, OMG..... you have no idea how much you will touch someone's LIFE with a little something handmade delivered by the mailman! Well, let me tell you all...... you have touched my life! And I know that when those girls go to the mailbox and get those awesome cards and can get their mind off what they've been through and what is happening with their father...... you will touch their lives!! How can I ever thank you enough for that? When I told Julie that I would be late with my queen for the week offerings and explained what happened, she got busy and made awesome cards. When I thanked her and said I would send something in return, she said......no need, you don't ever have to send me anything..... "Just pay it forward someday". I can only hope that one day I can do something for someone... anyone, to make them feel as loved and special as you guys have done for me and my family. THAT is the kind of cyber friends that are here... at this little addicting place on the web. And, that is just one example, I could list people all day long. Who's Lana? And that is why we some days get just a little defensive about our little (well, I guess not so little anymore) spot on the web.

Now, dangit, naptime is over and I promised myself I was going to have a tear free week! The boys will be home from school soon and I've got stampin to do!!

Hey..... THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!! sorry to get so corny on ya! Whew.... I feel better!

~Cambria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 01:20 PM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I kind of wondered what moght be going on, you did seem to have gone below the radar recently, sorry I missed this post whenever you wrote it! Prayers and hugs to you!!
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 01:24 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

Cambria, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. What a wonderful thing that you have so many caring people here at SCS that are thinking of you!!!! (including me!)

xoxo,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 01:44 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

Cambria -

Thinking of you and your family. I was wondering what are the ages and names of the girls?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 02:16 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

Cambria,

Hope you find this. I'm in Northern California, in a suburb of San Francisco. Is this close to your cousin? If so, I would love to help her out some, maybe take over dinner, or do some grocery shopping for her. Please let me know. Thinking of you and your family!!
Proud to be member #11,346!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 02:31 PM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks Dr.!

They are in Rancho Murieta? I'm not sure where that is in relation to you.....that is so sweet! Thanks so much for thinking of them!

~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 02:32 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Cambria -
I had no idea this had happened to you and your family. I'm so glad those girls are alright and it sounds like their father is moving in the right direction. Hang in there and don't forget to take care of yourself too.
Dawn O
Check out my FREE DOstamping Resource Library with hundreds of videos, tutorials, stamping techniques, templates and more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 03:06 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Cami - I'm so glad the girls are physically okay. Sending prayers for their peace of mind and the rest of the family's too. Also, praying for a thorough recovery for your cousin-in-law!

Make sure you schedule some time for yourself this week! Maybe a soak in the tub, or curling up with a book to read - whatever you most enjoy for a relaxation break!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 03:15 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Default Cami

Who loves ya baby?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 03:27 PM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

Hi Cami, what can I do for you? I'm not close enough to your cousin to be able to help like taking dinner or watching the girls etc., but is there anything I can do for you. Just let me know. You and your cousins and the girls are in my prayers. I just happened on this thread. I missed the original thread also, so I just want you to know that I am thinking of you.

Sandy

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Cami,
I am so sorry to hear about your family. Car accidents are so scary. You are all in my thoughts & prayers.
Suzanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2004, 03:15 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cambria -
I'm so sorry I missed the original post about all this! But, I'm sooo glad I know now! Cyber hugs and prayers to you and your family from Minnesota.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 06:17 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Cambria,
God truly blessed your family when he created you. All the love and care you provide to others will be returned ten fold to you.
God Bless you & your family.
Suzette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 06:30 AM   #27  
Gabfest Goddess

Cambria - I am so sorry to hear what happened. I will be praying for you and your family. I know I am on the other side of the country, but if I can do anything for you - let me know.

May God grant peace to all and help the girls and your cousin's husband recover quickly!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 07:10 AM   #28  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks again you guys!!!

Update on Scott. He was finally transferred to the Sutter Hospital that is closer to home and that did huge things for his spirits! He is doing better, but in tremedous pain. The finished up the work on the rod in his femar, but now is having some problems with blood cell counts and may need a transfusion. I'm so bad with all those medical terms..... I have no clue what she is saying half the time. He may be able to come home in two or three weeks with some in-home care.

My cousin emailed me this morning and was blown away at the cards the girls had received. She said she knew it had to be my doing when she saw the SU! She said the girls were thrilled and felt SO special. They had all been sick, so they couldn't have arrived at a better time! She said she couldn't believe that my friends would put their own busy lives on hold to send cards to strangers!!!! HER WORDS!! SEE? OMG. Made me feel so great that WE brought smiles to them at this stressfull time.

Have I told ya that I love ya all? Thanks for your prayers!! Please continue.... they will really need them over the next few months!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!
~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 07:30 AM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sutter Hospital? Are they in the Sacramento area? I used to live there...

Anyway - So glad to hear he is doing better and is closer to home. That alone must be a tremendous relief!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
Kirstin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #30  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Yes.... by Sacramento!! They live in Rancho Murieta? Last time I was down to vist, they were in Roseville, so I'm not familiar with Rancho Murieta.

Thank you for keeping them in prayers!!
~C
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:24 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

Cami - PM me an address...I want to send cards to the girls too. Give me some details (ages, etc) so I can make them right!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 09:51 AM   #32  
Hardware Hotshot

thinking of you and your family!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 02:47 PM   #33  
Watercolor Wizard

Cami I would also love to send the girls cards, where can I send them to? You can PM me with the address if you rather note post it.

My thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.

Jovita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 03:08 PM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Cami's cousin

Gol, dang it Cami! I said no tears today and I come across this thread that says "Cami" How could I not read this? I am so glad and thankful to all of you who have sent cards to Cami's cousin and her daughters. Cami was having such a bad week last week and I was having a terrible week and I didn't feel very helpful to her. I was so happy to read this thread and see the outpouring of love (once again) from everyone here on SCS.

I cannot wait to get some stamping time so that I can send the girls something too. I know exactly how they feel. When I was 15 years old my mother was in a car accdient. She was not expected to live. She did. However, she was in a coma for two weeks and in the hospital for 3 months after the accident. We went through Thanksgiving and Christmas with my mom there at the hospital. She made it through, but she is brain injurred. She is a completely different person than she was before the accident. When Cami told me about her cousin and the accident, I remember how I felt at that age. I couldn't believe that was happening. I mean as a teenager you feel indestructable, right? I learned way to early, that things can change way to fast in life. I remember feeling so lost and so alone. So I encourage any of you to send cards to these girls so that hopefully they won't feel so lost and alone. A simple little card could mean so much to them.

Cami, one of these weeks, we need to stop crying! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 03:43 PM   #35  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Your'e a bomb Lana.... I love ya girl and you were a HUGE help to me last week.

Okay, this week, NO crying!! We'll all have a GOOD week. You hear Darth? Good Week!!

You make me cry happy tears.... I'm so lucky to have you guys!!

As Darth always says....."Who loves ya baby?"

Good week, happy week, no crying week starts on Monday!!!

~C :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 04:29 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Cami, Can you PM me the address too? I will get something done for them too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2004, 07:00 PM   #37  
Polyshrink Goddess

me too! me too! I can make cards this weekend!! I need ages too!

My blog
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes