View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #2
JulieHRR
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Rub-ons would probably adhere very well to the surface--would there be any danger of them being worn off, tho, due to writing and wiping off chalk used to write onto them?

The problem with chalkboard paint is that it is black. You may have trouble getting any craft inks, other than white, to really show up well on them . . . My guts tell me that you may have better "opaque" results when working on a black surface by using acrylic paint--just be sure to clean your stamps frequently as you work or set them down on a wet sponge so the paint doesn't dry and cake up on the stamps (very difficult to remove later on).

I think you can also purchase "open" extender in a bottle, to mix in with the paint. This prevents the paint from drying too fast. It's designed to keep the paint "open" for you to work it over, blend more, etc. but I would think it would also enable you to not have to clean your stamp every few seconds while you are working, which would make it a LOT easier/faster to complete your project, UKWIM?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!