Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-12-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I missing out??

This past year one of my goals was to be on a design team. I applied for a couple that I didn't make and then, finally, I was personally invited to apply for a couple more. During the process of one I decided that I didn't want to pursue this dream anymore because of the time involved. I thought that maybe I would stress over deadlines, take time away from my family, and just not stamp for "me" anymore. Now that I am seeing all this talk about everybody who is on design teams I am wondering if I missed the boat and should have just gone with it. Am I missing out on something great??

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #2  
immzw4

Robyn, given how gorgeous your work is, I'm sure you haven't missed the only opportunity to do this. I don't know if you're missing out or not. I imagine it would be rewarding in many ways to be a design team member, but I also think it could take away from the sheer pleasure of creating if you had deadlines and creative restrictions in place. I'm sure it's very individual, whether the trade off is acceptable or not.

If you think you're missing out, give it a shot again! You won't know until you are on a team, and you can always do one run and never join another team if you find it isn't for you. I think you'd make a great addition to any design team!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:22 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Robyn,
Here is just my perspective: You WILL be on the design team you were meant to be on. Maybe you were supposed to be designing your family and yourself this past year. The best is yet to be. Don't doubt yourself. It will all fall into place and you will be living your dream.
Proud mom of 2 soldiers-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Robyn,
I really wanted to be on a design team, hence I started my blog. I found that to be time consuming, given my full time job and life in general. When I thought of adding deadlines for a design team, my enthusiasm quickly faded. For me, at this time in my life, I was just not ready. Maybe I will try again in the future.

Just make sure you are ready and don't be pressured into doing something because everyone is "jumping off the bridge" so to speak. Although I think designing would definitely be more fun than jumping off a bridge. But if you were happy just creating and only got to thinking about design teams when you saw the postings, maybe this is a sign that you are not ready yet. Only you will know, of course. And as many will attest to, you have all the time in the world. You are well known, do great work....any company would love to have you. Don't rush it. Make sure it is the right time for you and your family.

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 03:45 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Robyn, perhaps I'm looking at it from the other side. I am not on a design team BUT....here's my 2 cents worth. I LOVE to sew. Many years ago I thought it would be fun to sew dolls for a shop in a town near by. By the end of the summer I dreaded going to my sewing room. So, I quit. Now, when I get the time to sew I look forward to sitting behind that machine again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 03:52 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it is so individual - if you still want to try it out, I know there are companies out there that would give you a shot. In fact, some places even offer spots for guest designers if I am remembering correctly.

I considered pursuing it as well, but I'm glad I didn't. I have enough stress in my life and even though I think it would be *fun stress* it would still mean deadlines and obligations. No thanks to that! I'll just keep hanging out here at SCS contributing when and where I can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:24 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

I have been doubting myself alittle lately... been plugging trying to get my name out there but no such luck. Now I'm thinking I need to step back myself and just stamp for myself and my family and friends. Maybe I need more practice for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:37 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Well, I looked at your stampin gallary and it is just beautiful. You are very talented. Don't give up, persistance is a vertue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 AM   #9  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks everyone. I slept on it and feel great about my decision today. Maybe in the next year or so I will give it a shot. I know one company that said that they will let me apply on their next round because of my concerns above. I love the work that everyone does that is on a DT, though.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:09 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Robyn--

if you design for a company whose stamps and products you LOVE---it never becomes a chore.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammieView Post
Robyn--

if you design for a company whose stamps and products you LOVE---it never becomes a chore.

Good luck!
Awesome! Thanks!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 AM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What a great question. Not to try and be profound, but I've learned that we cannot have everything we want when we want it. If we are lucky, we get what we want, maybe not "now" but perhaps another time.

I know you have 5 very young adorable kids and are very active in your church. You also have friends, a husband, and your crafting. (not necessarily in that order, but you know what I mean!).

You may not have felt that this was the right time. Trust your instincts. The right time will come.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:26 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

I didn't start any of this until my youngest went to school. I'm so fortunate that my husband's position enables me to stay home and be available to them as they need me. However, once the house was empty several hours a day, I knew I needed something more, and that's where and when everything fell into place. Now, five years later, I find that I'm enjoying it (nearly) every day! That being said, there are days that are frustrating and I think "I can't do this anymore." - but there are days like that with any job! And this one lets me be home if the kids are sick and volunteer at school as often as I can - no office job is going to let me do that!

In short, it's a personal decision. Yes, it can be a lot of work, but it can also be a lot of fun. Rest assured, your talent isn't going anywhere but UP, so there will be a position for you somewhere when you're ready!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:54 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennelfView Post
I didn't start any of this until my youngest went to school. I'm so fortunate that my husband's position enables me to stay home and be available to them as they need me. However, once the house was empty several hours a day, I knew I needed something more, and that's where and when everything fell into place. Now, five years later, I find that I'm enjoying it (nearly) every day! That being said, there are days that are frustrating and I think "I can't do this anymore." - but there are days like that with any job! And this one lets me be home if the kids are sick and volunteer at school as often as I can - no office job is going to let me do that!

In short, it's a personal decision. Yes, it can be a lot of work, but it can also be a lot of fun. Rest assured, your talent isn't going anywhere but UP, so there will be a position for you somewhere when you're ready!
That is so funny that you say this because just yesterday my 7 year old DD said "Mom, you are going to be so very happy when all 5 of us are in school all day long because then you will have more 'me' time". I don't want them to grow up too fast but, yes, I will have a lot more "me" time when they are in school. I still have 5 years to go!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:55 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
What a great question. Not to try and be profound, but I've learned that we cannot have everything we want when we want it. If we are lucky, we get what we want, maybe not "now" but perhaps another time.

I know you have 5 very young adorable kids and are very active in your church. You also have friends, a husband, and your crafting. (not necessarily in that order, but you know what I mean!).

You may not have felt that this was the right time. Trust your instincts. The right time will come.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven."

This is why I love you Joan! You always have something profound to say and I really appreciate it.

Thanks everyone. You all have a way of making a gal feel great! Yes, I said the word "gal". :-D

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:06 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammieView Post
Robyn--

Good luck!
I couldn't agree more!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:51 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can only echo the insights of Joan and Jennelf . . . I genuinely do not believe that NOT being on a DT equates to "missing out" because it depends on what your motivation is for being on one in the first place.

Design work is fun, can be intrinsically rewarding, etc., but, yes, as you mentioned, it's also about commitment, and an obligation to meet deadlines.

It can also be about creating artwork within certain parameters/restrictions or limitations; you may be in a situation where you don't get to pick and choose what you work with--you may be required to work with X, Y and Z, and that's it!

You may be required to work within a style, medium or format that you don't have a lot of experience at or do not gravitate towards personally. Sometimes, you may be asked to re-work or redesign something, because it didn't meet the needs or the parameters.

These are challenges that DT Members must work through and overcome to accomplish the work asked of them, and, frequently, by a specific deadline.

Maybe submitting for publication is something you would enjoy, as opposed to being on a specific DT . . . ?

The beauty of this:
  • You are free to use ANY products you like, mix 'em up, and not worry about cross promotion of competing products
  • The only deadlines are the ones you choose, based on your schedule/time
  • If your piece is accepted by a compensating magazine, you get the bonus of a little pin money. Granted, when you consider design time, supplies/materials costs, postage costs to send the piece in, you may only "break even", but, if you're doing this for fun and personal gratification, that's probably a non-issue anyway.
HTH,

Last edited by JulieHRR; 12-13-2007 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: syntax issues, clarification, blah blah blah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #18  
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Robyn!

For all those reading this thread who don't know, Robyn was at one point one of the top gals at SU! She was a MAJOR career demo with a huge downline and she served on the Advisory Board for a few years. (Just had to toot your horn for ya, girl!)

I think those of us who aren't on Design Teams look at those who are with the whole "Grass is Greener" mentality. JulieHRR on a thread similar to this stated that it's NOT all glamour and fame--it's a lot of work, too! Of course it would be great to have the "claim to fame" that comes with being on a DT, but are you in a place in your life where that works for you and your family? A question that each one of us has to ask ourselves.

Robyn--you're probably feeling like you're missing something because of where you've been. Don't forget why it is that you decided to step away from SU! in the first place--Priorities.

You have the rest of your life to have "me" time after your kids are grown. You only get these few precious years to share with those sweet little ones, and then they'll be grown. That time will come faster than we think!!! (The Kenny Chesney song "Don't Blink" comes to mind...)

Honestly Robyn, your chance hasn't passed you by. Stampin' and DT's will definitely still be around in 5 years (or 10, or 20!)--it's not going anywhere. But your kids are here NOW...

Hugs to ya, friend! We're in the same boat!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #19  
Hardware Hotshot

Ahh, and just as I mention the great JulieHRR, I find that we were posting at the exact same time.

Great minds must think alike, right??

There's gotta be a smiley for that one, right Julie?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyMountainStamperView Post
Ahh, and just as I mention the great JulieHRR, I find that we were posting at the exact same time.

Great minds must think alike, right??

There's gotta be a smiley for that one, right Julie?!?
Hmmmmmm.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

+ =

That's the best I could come up with.

For now. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #22  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
+ =

For now. ;)
I love you julie! lol!

Robyn... I was totally going to suggest the publication thing too... it might be a perfect fit for you. Outside of what the publication might pay... some stamp/paper companies even offer publication incentives like free product or even cash. When you get published with any company's product be sure to write and let them know. Even those that do not have "official" publication programs may be flattered enough to send you a thank you gift in the form of paper, stamps or at least... coupons. It never hurts to show vendors that you are using their product and telling others how much you love it!

Side story: I once posted a little something on my blog about Crayola Crayons. On a whim I decided to send the link to crayola and they send me a box of goodies; crayons, coloring books and markers!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I would recommend thinking long and hard for the reasons you want to be on a team. If after this process you still want to be on one, start small. Find one that doesn't require more than one or two projects a month.

I am now on more than one and I just love it. I am a goal oriented person so love it when someone says...make me this with this. I find it a fun challenge. Before I would just sit and sit at my table trying to decide what I want to make. My ideas flow more freely now and I think I am getting better at what I do. I never even crafted before about 14 months ago. Now it is a huge part of my life. If I had a kid and a job it would be different......I just have so much free time on my hands LOL.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 AM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree that if you have the opportunity, spend as much time with your kids as you can stand;) and enjoy the moments. My only, a son, is now 19. When he was a sophmore I finally realized that I spent a lot of time wishing for the next phase in his life to come so the current one would be over. He was in no way a bad kid - for example I couldn't wait until he got his driver's license so I didn't have to drive him around (but then I had all the worries of accidents and tickets!). Then it suddenly hit me that I didn't enjoy the different stages in his life because I wanted to get on to the next one. I then tried really hard to take time as it was given to us and not wish into the future. I was a lot happier that way and I think I finally learned to live in the present and enjoy what was happening that day. Anyone with teenagers will understand all the ups and downs, but when I look back I sure regret the time I spent wishing he would get himself to sleep, read his own books, get to the next grade, or the next level of sports or whatever.

Oops, I didn't mean to sound preachy - just my experience

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #25  
Gabfest Goddess

Thanks for the great suggestions. I will start with submitting some more work to publications. I sent a package to Take 10 magazine a few months ago and never heard anything so I am assuming none of them made the cut. Maybe I should actually buy that magazine to see if I made it.

Thanks Melissa for tooting my horn. I'm not much of a tooter (don't ask my family, though LOL!), and I am just like everyone else.

Like Joan said, and I quote, "There is a season for everything." Speaking of seasons I have to run and take my DS to Kindergarten.

Thanks again everyone!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

My 2 cents Robyn, enjoy your 5 children while you can... Believe me (and I know both of mine are finished university and off on their own) they grow up and leave so quickly. Like the song says "Don't blink". You can stamp/go on a design team anytime but have time for your children. Don't let them grow up looking at the back of your head in front of a computer or stamping table. It all seems innocent until deadlines and the feeling I must do better start to take up all the time. Have fun stampin and doing your own thing with your family.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 AM   #27  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen3000View Post
I agree that if you have the opportunity, spend as much time with your kids as you can stand;) and enjoy the moments. My only, a son, is now 19. When he was a sophmore I finally realized that I spent a lot of time wishing for the next phase in his life to come so the current one would be over. He was in no way a bad kid - for example I couldn't wait until he got his driver's license so I didn't have to drive him around (but then I had all the worries of accidents and tickets!). Then it suddenly hit me that I didn't enjoy the different stages in his life because I wanted to get on to the next one. I then tried really hard to take time as it was given to us and not wish into the future. I was a lot happier that way and I think I finally learned to live in the present and enjoy what was happening that day. Anyone with teenagers will understand all the ups and downs, but when I look back I sure regret the time I spent wishing he would get himself to sleep, read his own books, get to the next grade, or the next level of sports or whatever.

Oops, I didn't mean to sound preachy - just my experience

Karen
Well said,Karen and not preachy at all, and I totally agree. We just can't wait and all of a sudden they are gone. And now we can't wait to have them come home again. Life goes by so quickly. Young mothers, embrass every day with your kids.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 10:20 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

As the mom of 3 grown daughters, I agree with Karen. Enjoy each stage to its fullest with your kids! When you do have time, stamp for fun, and if you can submit for publication, that's great! My girls are in their 20's and I'm so thankful that they all live less than one hour away, and they love to hang out with each other and with DH and I! My oldest is expecting a baby in February, and I can't wait to snuggle a new little one!

I don't think Take Ten lets you know until you get a free copy of the magazine your card(s) are in - right before it hits the newstands! I think other magazines actually pay you something, but Take Ten just sends you a free copy of the magazine, which is nice too! I've never sent in anything, I just know these things from reading what others say. <g>
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have also wanted to be a design team. For me it's about the fame. ;)

But yesterday I read a blog call for a design team that was just crazy. What they want in exchange for some stamps amounts to a full time job! Get real!!! I think you will know what's right at the right time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 01:38 PM   #30  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRRView Post
+ =

For now. ;)
Oh I luv it--it's perfect!! You ARE da queen!

Robyn--you've gotten some great advice on here. Enjoy those munchkins!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:12 PM   #31  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Robyn... (How are ya girl?)... Let me just add a little to what so many wise ladies have already said on this thread... Just from my own perspective.
I am very careful to not apply to to many DTs for this reason... I will NEVER regret NOT applying/working for a DT or missing an editorial call. (and I have pulled back a ton these last few months) I know I WILL regret missing out on being there for my kids and enjoying this last year at home with Ella. (everyone's in school next year! Yikes) I have noticed that this year is harder because of having one in H.S. too.

You are a fantastic artist and I have no doubt that when you decide the time is right for you... you will come into the design world with a blaze of glory!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

I have a question, well really a couple.

You said that your goal was to be on a DT. Was it to be on ANY DT or was there a specific one you wanted to be on?

If it was a specific DT and you use their product and like it, then I dont see any reason not to keep trying. If you are already making items with them anyway, then why not keep sending them in? And if you got chosen then it hopefully wouldnt be asking more of you then you already are making.

If the goal was to just be on any DT then I'd probably not go for it. Just from reading your blog it really seems like you have SO MUCH that you do already between family and church.

Without going too far off topic:

Im curious about 2 things though. What's the difference between a career demo and a "regular" SU demo? And what did you do on the advisory board?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #33  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebraView Post
I have also wanted to be a design team. For me it's about the fame. ;)

But yesterday I read a blog call for a design team that was just crazy. What they want in exchange for some stamps amounts to a full time job! Get real!!! I think you will know what's right at the right time.

I think I may have read that same call for the DT and YES IT WAS CRAZY!!!! I couldnt believe what they were asking for in exchange for a little rubber. At first I was tempted because I like the product but then after I read the demands I thought "NO WAY!"

I also felt kinda sorry for the current DT members. Seemed too demanding and somewhat abusive, asking so much for so little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Robyn, one more thing I wanted to clarify.

When I brought up the fact that you have 5 kids I was in no way implying that you couldn't be on a DT and be an awesome Mom. I just meant that if YOU chose to pull back, it was totally understandable given the already considerable demands on your time.

This was bothering me all day, so I just had to add it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
Without going too far off topic:

Im curious about 2 things though. What's the difference between a career demo and a "regular" SU demo? And what did you do on the advisory board?
There are many different levels to being an SU Demo. What I meant by being a career demo personally is that I was in it to be successful. I had a very large downline, earned the cruise every year, earned many top awards, and was hand picked to be on the Advisory Board. I earned enough money to support my family, etc, but I wanted a clean break. My DH finally finished with schooling and was ready to start his own practice. Along with some other personal reasons I decided to step back by breaking it off completely. Sorry to go so OT with that.

Thanks for all the great responses ladies. I knew I could count on you!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #36  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
Robyn, one more thing I wanted to clarify.

When I brought up the fact that you have 5 kids I was in no way implying that you couldn't be on a DT and be an awesome Mom. I just meant that if YOU chose to pull back, it was totally understandable given the already considerable demands on your time.

This was bothering me all day, so I just had to add it!
Joan, I knew exactly what you meant. I'm sure everyone understood what you meant as well.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:01 PM   #37  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
There are many different levels to being an SU Demo. What I meant by being a career demo personally is that I was in it to be successful. I had a very large downline, earned the cruise every year, earned many top awards, and was hand picked to be on the Advisory Board. I earned enough money to support my family, etc, but I wanted a clean break. My DH finally finished with schooling and was ready to start his own practice. Along with some other personal reasons I decided to step back by breaking it off completely. Sorry to go so OT with that.

Thanks for all the great responses ladies. I knew I could count on you!

Wowzas! And you were OT with that, I was curious what it all meant.

As successful as you were Im sure if you ever wanted to do something else you would be blessed again. Your life is full of blessings, dont think your missing out because you dont have a DT title.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #38  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by K. BenkoView Post
My 2 cents Robyn, enjoy your 5 children while you can... Believe me (and I know both of mine are finished university and off on their own) they grow up and leave so quickly. Like the song says "Don't blink". You can stamp/go on a design team anytime but have time for your children. Don't let them grow up looking at the back of your head in front of a computer or stamping table. It all seems innocent until deadlines and the feeling I must do better start to take up all the time. Have fun stampin and doing your own thing with your family.
Kathy
I so agree!!!

There is no way I would be doing all I am doing if I still had kids at home. The DT adventure is my Empty Nest Project.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #39  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
I think I may have read that same call for the DT and YES IT WAS CRAZY!!!! I couldnt believe what they were asking for in exchange for a little rubber. At first I was tempted because I like the product but then after I read the demands I thought "NO WAY!"

I also felt kinda sorry for the current DT members. Seemed too demanding and somewhat abusive, asking so much for so little.
No need to feel sorry for anyone. Not all DT's are the same. I've been very lucky and have chosen companies that are a joy to work with.

I would hope that everyone who applies for a DT looks very closely at what the requirements are. Ask lots of questions before you commit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne SView Post
I so agree!!!

There is no way I would be doing all I am doing if I still had kids at home. The DT adventure is my Empty Nest Project.
I have young children (two days all three children are at school) so between that and naptimes and my nightime stamping....it is actually easy to do if you really want to do it. I am sure lots of moms with young kids would agree.

I admit, my house is a mess but my children are never neglected (and sometimes they even like to stamp too!)

Mostly, I stamp when they are asleep or resting or at school----stamping is my sanity from all the chaos!!!
Reply With Quote Likes