Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #41  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My crafty friends and my Grandma act impressed by my cards... nobody is impressed enough to want to buy them though LOL. I assume everyone else I give cards to are silently impressed. One can hope anyway.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 03:12 PM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyz2988View Post
Ha! Ha! I have a stamp that says, "I worked for hours and hours on this card. Act impressed!"
I need that stamp!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM   #43  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by look-inkgoodView Post
It funny - that happened to me this weekend in a group of people...Usually people are really impressed and encouraging, but this time...
Woman 1: "Lynne makes all her Christmas Cards!"
Woman 2: "How many do you do?"
Me: "80 or so."
Woman 2: "You're CRAZY! Why on earth do you do that?"
Lynne: "Well, it's relaxing. I like the personal touch and creative outlet..."
Woman 1: "I don't know where she finds the time!"
Notice the way she says it like I'm not there anymore...It went on and on. By the end of the conversation, I felt bad for making my own cards!

Mulling it over, I decided it was probably because they were jealous. LOL!
It's not going to stop me from my creative endeavours regardless!
Yup~ Jealous
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

Every 4th of July we go to our friend's parents' house, which is on a lake. His dad's birthday is on the 4th, so there's always a birthday party. I made him a card last year, and he didn't say anything about it. This year when he opened his card, he went on and on about it, and also talked about how much he loved the one from the previous year that I didn't know he liked! And he showed it to everyone else that came over that day, and the next too!

My family also appreciates the cards and other stuff I make for them. That's why they're all still getting stuff I make, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

My own family and friends always say nice things about my cards and the handmade gifts I make for them, and quite a few cards have been framed. My MIL has all the cards I've made for her displayed on a set of louvred doors into her kitchen, all hanging over the wooden slats. She calls it her private art gallery! She's such a sweetie. My own mother - different story altogether. I recently sent her a stack of all-purpose cards to use for birthdays, thanks, congratulations, etc., to save her buying cards, and in the same package I put a photo taken of our family (we live at opposite ends of the world), and all she could say when I next spoke to her on the phone was "I can't believe how fat K (my daughter) has got". My DD has been suffering from depression for almost 2 years and had to return to live with us at home, and is doing so much better now and looked so happy in the photo I sent my mother - smiling again after so long, which is such a treat for all of us, and all my mother could find to comment on was how fat she is (not really - just put on a bit of weight since she's been unwell) - no mention of my cards! I probably sound very petty, but it hurt, and I know you will all understand! LOL Oh well, you can't please everyone I guess ....!
Tilly
Happy Fan Club member.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 05:34 AM   #46  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

Tilly - Sorry to hear that your mom didn't say anything about your cards and made such a rude comment about your daughter. Some people just don't know how to say nice things, even when they wish they could or they are thinking them. The good thing is that your MIL sounds like a great lady!
I looked at your gallery and I think that you make beautiful cards. I also looked at your website and I have to tell you that I love your house. It is absolutely gorgeous! And don't get me started on that puppy, even if he/she did something bad, nobody could ever get mad after looking at those eyes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 AM   #47  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by TillyView Post
all my mother could find to comment on was how fat she is (not really - just put on a bit of weight since she's been unwell) - no mention of my cards! I probably sound very petty, but it hurt, and I know you will all understand! LOL Oh well, you can't please everyone I guess ....!
Tilly
I'm so sorry, what a horrible thing to say!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 06:06 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carebear530View Post
Do tell....what did you make????
We did the popcorn slider thing for the TLC - I adapted it to a candy bar, brought that in; nugget tin for my boss; Nugget BOX with a clear lid; one of my coworkers was asking me about invitations to her daughter's wedding - took a sample in for that.

I made all the group thank you cards for last year's group presents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedystamperView Post
I've had several friends tell me that they have FRAMED cards that I've sent to them. One of my friends has a card that I sent her two years ago still on display in her kitchen. She said she gets a good feeling every time she looks at it because she knows I made it special just for her. It really makes me feel humble, too, to know that something I do brings so much joy to others. I feel blessed by this hobby.
One of my friends rips the fronts of the cards off and sticks them in her scrapbooks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #50  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJView Post
Somewhere I saw a rubber stamp that you need...
"If you think I made this card to save money, then you haven't seen the price of rubber stamps lately"
Your right, I do need that stamp. My Mom always told me "If you do not have something nice to say, say nothing at all". Obviously my stepmom was not brought up with these values. I'm sure if my Mom was still alive she would have smacked the crap out of her for talking to me that way and my Mom was NOT a violent person. I guess the thing that bothered me the most was she made these comments in front of about 20+ people at a family gathering. My DH was'nt there and most of them were her family so noone stood up for me. It was pretty much a stand around and mock Sarah fest. My Dad has to deal with these people all the time and I don't want to cause more trouble for him so I say nothing. (She also makes comments about my parenting skills and how I dicipline them, about my DH and I not making enough money because I choose to be a SAHM, the area we live in, the list could go on and on.) I love what I do, I take great pride in my cards, and I love the reaction from people when they see them. Nothing she ever says to me will ever, EVER change that! Stamp on Ladies;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #51  
Babe-Alicious!!

My Mom and MIL save all the cards I make. My sister gushes over the cards and stuff I make. She even asked me to make all my nieces wedding shower invites and she couldnt wait for all her friends to see them. Too bad they cancelled the wedding before they were even sent out. :( But for Christmas I made her a name frame that says "family" to hang on her wall of portraits.
Reply With Quote Likes