Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPS ... errr

So tonight I have my very first workshop as a demo ... luckily it's at my mom's house WHICH MEANS ... I don't feel completely bad for having to improvise with the limited resources I have at home since my starter kit has yet to arrive, even though the UPS site said it was on time for delivery yesterday.

Let's just say it better come today because I have no tape runners, just cheap dollar store tape rolls - which, IMHO, work just great for what I have to do, but are quite tedious and time consuming.

Since I'm lacking paper, both of my Christmas cards have a grey base, but they look good. Well, for one (a gift card holder made with the "Jolliest Time of the Year" stamp set) I did a half and half - 1/2 of the cards will be white, the other half will be grey. I have samples of both and they don't look bad.

Has anyone noticed that the basic black ink takes a little more time to dry than other inks? I used my two-way glue pen to put some glitter on my santa and smeared the black a little bit. Oh well, he still looks cute!

My second card uses the same stamp set, but has the snowman ... and I do a little bit of embellishing with the Baroque Motifs stamp set. Maybe one day when I find my head again I'll upload them.

And for my hostess gift, I was very torn! My mom doesn't make cards or anything - she's just having a workshop to get friends together - nor does she send cards (which means I can't give her a set of Christmas cards as a hostess gift!). So I made her a Christmas mix CD, with a homemade CD case using the 'Dashing' designer paper and the 'Happy Everything' stamp set.

I'll take pictures and post them later today.

Anyway, thought I would share! I hope my UPS order comes today and then I won't have to use a Stampin' Spot for the workshop. I left a note for the UPS guy to just leave my order at the front door since I'm working all day. Hopefully that works!

Have a great day!

K
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I have my fingers crossed that your package comes in time! Good luck on your first party! And yes, SU black seems to run for me too, but I usually use Stazon for my black ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Darlin' you need to sign up for the SU demo side here You may be able to find a demo near you who can help you out! You need your stuff to demo with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 08:27 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm on the demo boards!

I'm also in Alberta, Canada, and from the looks of it on the SU! site there aren't any demos close to where I'm located ... my mom's not expecting anyone to buy anything, since it's just a gettogether to make some cards, so I doubt I'll need order forms or anything, and I have my own catalogue I can use.

Thank goodness for the printing place on the website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 10:38 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Best of luck tonight! You never know what will happen. You may think that no one will buy anything but hopefully you will be able to spark someones creativity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure hope your stuff arrives! Even if you don't expect orders, be prepared with order forms and catalogs and such. You may be surprised. Good luck!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

What about your upline? (Just thinking of ALL options here Have you put a call out on the other side to all demos in Alberta, Canada? Are there any other stampers in your area who MAY have some cs and/or snails you can use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Just wanted to see how your class went! Did everything turn out OK?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Everything went great! I didn't receive my order in time ... actually, I've yet to receive it at all! ... but we made do with my $1 tape rolls from the dollar store (which work remarkably well for dollar store tape). It was a little tedious at first, but everyone got the hang of it.

And even with my boring grey colour of all the cards, everyone really liked them - and they were all surprised at how easy it all was! While I didn't sell anything (my mom wanted it to be more of a class than a workshop), I had two ladies say that they'd be interested in coming to a stamp camp if I had one.

And my mom said I did very well.

Thanks for asking!

Kristilyn
(who is VERY nervous because she's having her CD release party tonight and is ready to throw up!)
Reply With Quote Likes