View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 AM   #121
GWTW Junkie
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm sorry I kind of lost it earlier... it just really hit home for the first time this morning.
I went through a little "mourning" phase with my DD, just kind of a time when I let myself feel the sadness that comes when you realize your child is not 100% normal.
But I didn't really know what we were facing then. Now, I KNOW what we are facing with my DD and the challenges and the stress, and the thought of facing it with my DS is just really hard for me to accept right now. I was literally typing and then burst into tears. That is really not like me.
I guess I am going to have to allow myself to have a little mourning period for my DS as well. It's ok for me to be sad that he is not going to be "perfect" and that we will always have these quirks and issues to deal with. It's ok for me to feel upset that our lives will not be as easy as it would have been with no issues. It's ok for me to wonder why God has allowed this into our lives.

I guess I just need a little time to be upset before I suck it up and get on with life. This will be our new normal .... in a little while.

I found a chapter of some SPD group that meets in our town. I e-mailed the leader months ago and she never got back to me, so I guess I will just show up at the meeting some night. I'm glad I have this group, at least!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!