Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2007, 02:48 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stampin up prices

Well I just wondered what all you demos think about the increase in price of the stamps in stampin up? I just saw the mini preview and can't believe the prices. Are they die cut? I just don't understand. I know all things rise in price but a 5 set of stamps for 30.00. I just can't do it no matter how much I love them. I already have about 350 sets so I just can't justify spending that much on a 5 piece set. Am I the only on out there that feels this way?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:31 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

But if you were to buy 5 single stamps (especially that work together) at HL or M's, you would most likely pay at least that! You can rarely find a decent stamp under $5.00... and some are as high as $13-$15 each.
Sally Taylor, Fun Stampers Journey Coach #1118

My FSJ site
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:37 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

That set, the stamps may be large stamps. I think its somerhing that is happening everywhere with price increases:(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:43 AM   #4  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 602 Likes on 422 Posts

Everything is getting more expensive! Have you bought milk lately? We pay over $3.00 a gallon, it costs us more than gas. I have to say I have been only buying the sets I love and selling or trading those that I do not use as much.

I agree that SU is still a good value. I cannot believe how much I pay for one stamp from other companies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:44 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

The frame store I work in has only had about 4-5 price increases in the 16 years I have worked there, but lately had to increase cuz the suppliers are increasing costs - must have something to do with fuel, the cost of getting things to places...is rubber made from petroleum???? I don't know, just wondering. I can tell you, tho, that the world is outpricing my ability to stay afloat. Rent goes up $30 on Dec. 1, utilities are going up, then I hear about the TV thing where people have to get boxes or new kind of TV??? Well, had to forgo cable TV several years ago and rabbit ears don't work in this neighborhood, so SCS and dial up are my main entertainment. Wonder how long I will be able to afford that??? Right there with you, $30 maybe fair market value but I can't afford it much longer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 03:54 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I think price increases are a reality in every aspect of life these days. Fuel, food, utilities -- they have all gone up over time. Just like us, I'm sure Stampin' Up! is dealing with a rising cost from their suppliers, and it's unrealistic to expect them to continue to absorb those costs without passing them on to their customers. The price increases from Stampin' Up! are actually lower (percentage wise) than the price increases on most other stuff I have to buy (like the afore mentioned gas, food, utilities, etc.) so I do not feel they are unfair or unreasonable.

And as Sally mentioned above (Hi Sally!) purchasing individual stamps at the LSS will likely cost the same or more (especially if you factor in the cost of gas and the impulse purchases you will inevitably make once there).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 04:06 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Ummm are you sure you weren't looking at the Canadian preview catty with Canadian prices because there isn't anything priced higher than $29.95 and that is for a set of 12 stamps...

The only set with 5 stamps is Embrace Life - priced at $23.95 - so about ~$5.50 per stamp (including S&H &tax (depending on your tax rate)) - the set of 12 about $2.88 each

If you take the price per stamp Stampin' Up prices are usually less expensive then if you were to buy WOOD MOUNTED rubber stamps individually. For example Artful Inkables has a stamp that is similar to the big flower in Embrace life - it is paired with a smaller leaf stamp - the price for the set is $9.95 - take into account tax and shipping and they come to about $5.50 (or more don't knwo what shipping would be) each as well...

Of course if you only like one or 2 stamps from a set of say 10 stamps then it is probably not cost adventageous to you...

PMR - can I come live where you live - I pay over $4 for a gallon of milk now...OUCH....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 04:09 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

This is why my SU business/sales haven't been doing as well this past year. A lot of companies in my area have gone belly up leaving people jobless. A lot of foreclosures on homes. When people are low on funds because of all these price increases for things they need: gas, food, housing expense, etc. the first place they cut from their budget is their hobby. It seems the only sales I get anymore are from die hard stampers; it is harder to get new customers that are just starting out in stamping. The SU price increases are understandable but definitely put a damper on sales.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Whether or not $30 (plus tax and shipping) is a good deal for a set of stamps depends on the stamps themselves. SU's are high quality and now coordinate with other things sold by SU, such as punches, rubons, etc.
If you like each of the stamps in the set and think you will use them, I think the price is very competitive, given all those factors.

If you really really like SU products, then don't pay the $30. Become a demo and your cost will be a maximum of $24 (plus tax and shipping)!!

However, if there is only one or two stamps in the set that you really want, then I'm going to agree with you.

In my case, I prefer to buy in sets due to limited creativity on my part, and sets make it easier to pull off a coordinated look! That said, there are only so many small filler flowers or snow flakes I need so I am careful when buying in sets.

The ultimate arbiter of whether this price is fair will be the consumer. If a lot of folks continue to buy at these prices then the price is fair. If not, I suspect we will see lots more sales and promotions and price points that are lower.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 AM   #10  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the prices are high, when a demo thinks this, you can imagine how we feel when we have to pay full price as a retail customer. I am so grateful for
coupons, monthly sales and second hand stamps. Not being a demo, I don't have to worry about having to have the new stamps and can buy second hand and be just as excited, plus the fact that this site has lovely samples of those used stamps already. I am retired so it is more looking for the monthly
specials/discount coupons, etc for new items. with the impact of designer paper, I am also pursuing using more designer paper cards, and less
stamping. It is a fact of life, everything is getting so expensive, we have to cut somewhere, everywhere a little bit. UNFORTUNATELY, saddening
Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 04:45 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

The good thing is that unlike gas and milk, I can craft perfectly happily with what I have. It's not a necessity.

And yes, the sets are a better value, but in my specific case, I rarely want all the stamps, so for the one or two I really use in a set, it's not really the best value for me, personally... just the way I use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:27 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I know it's a little frustrating. Maybe you'll win the lottery and not have to worry about cost any more If not, then you might consider becoming a demo just like Joan B mentioned. It's great not to pay full price and there are so many other benefits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:33 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

I just wish that SU! would go Eco-Friendly and offer the unmounted option. I hate that all that wood gets "wasted" on so many of us that aren't using it. It would cut the cost of the stamp sets for those of us that are unmounted, which might increase my purchasing. In this first catalog.....I got 3 sets. That's it! There was nothing else that appealed to me for the price! Hopefully the next catty will have more things I like. I bought a ton of paper.....they are getting REALLY good with their PP @ SU! Ribbon.......love it. I'm hoping this next catalog has a lot more that I just "love" for the price....even with "wasting" all that wood! Hee, hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:37 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

su is twice the price in uk...as they are matcthing pounds to dollars..i cant even afford to sign up to be a demo lady as oh has been off work sick and so our income greatly effected...im soooo dissapointed as theres no way i can afford the starter pack now...also i agree without the wood they could be cheaper...i dont use the wood as i use acrylic blocks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:53 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Shipping is a big cost in buying anything. I heard that when there is a sale on a product for 40% off (not including clothing) it usually is a "lost leader" because that brings the price down to what the store has to pay for shipping. If we keep buying Chinese products and products from overseas instead of American made we will not only get lower grade products, but as we can see, we are the ones, ultimately, responsible for gradually put our friends and neighbors out of business. So, therefore, the big mega stores can charge whatever they want because there is no competition. Walmart buys from any foreign country that sells at the lowest price. How can a little store compete? Hence we see so many businesses going out of business. Sorry I got on this band wagon but it really bothers me to see so many people manipulated by big companies. But, we do need to educate ourselves as to why some prices are possibly climbing.

Last edited by dottiejdavis; 11-28-2007 at 06:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 AM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by marieosView Post
I just bought a gorgeous set of 26 Crafty Secrets stamps for $24.95, 28 PaperTrey for $24.95. I bought a set of 16 Verve Visual for $10. I bought a set of 12 My Favorite Things for $9. Stampin' Up is going to be left in the dust!!
I guess it depends on what you like. Stampin' Up! sells wood mounted rubber stamps. If that is your preference (and it is mine) then none of the other options you mention fit the bill. Sure I could pay less for stuff I don't like to use, but I'd rather have one quality wood mounted rubber stamp set that I'll use all the time than 10 clear or unmounted rubber stamp sets that I'll never use.

And just to be clear, I'm not knocking clear or unmounted rubber stamps or people who prefer to use them. But for a wood mounted rubber stamp user like me, Stampin' Up! is a great value.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:19 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Which set is the OP talking about? The only set for 30 (really 29.95) has twelve stamps not five. I actually thought the prices in the preview were very reasonable. The stamp stores I used to go through would charge five dollars for an itty bitty stamp. If you break down the cost of 12 stamps for thirty dollars you are paying only 2.49 per stamp for very high quality stamps made in America. Even with tax and shipping that's a great deal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:52 AM   #18  
Mad Swapper

A couple things - SU grows trees specifically for their blocks. Besides there are MANY additional uses for the blocks - give them to some children to play with, you could alter them, use them to straighten a wobbly table....

And the other note, MOST SU products are made right here in the US! So there is no economic issue (or very little).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 07:42 AM   #19  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
I just wish that SU! would go Eco-Friendly and offer the unmounted option. I hate that all that wood gets "wasted" on so many of us that aren't using it. It would cut the cost of the stamp sets for those of us that are unmounted, which might increase my purchasing. In this first catalog.....I got 3 sets. That's it! There was nothing else that appealed to me for the price! Hopefully the next catty will have more things I like. I bought a ton of paper.....they are getting REALLY good with their PP @ SU! Ribbon.......love it. I'm hoping this next catalog has a lot more that I just "love" for the price....even with "wasting" all that wood! Hee, hee!
I'm with you on this one DisneyDoll. I would much rather prefer my stamps unmounted and no wood. I have a huge box of wood blocks in my basement right now and it's such a waste.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

It's really unfortunate that this thread was started with very inaccurate pricing information...

U.S. Prices are:

Happy Heart Day, set of 7, $20.95
A Beautiful Thing, set of 6, $18.95
A Little Birdie Told Me, set of 12, $25.95
Mark the Date, set of 13, $24.95
Embrace Life, set of 5, $23.95
Nursery Necessities, set of 12, $29.95
Nursery Letters, Jumbo Wheel, $8.50

There are affordable sets in that preview.... but of course, unmounted stamps will almost always cost less than stamps mounted on wood blocks.... But that's a different issue. The issue in the OP is cost for SU! stamps.... and they are still good prices for a great product IMO after reviewing the prices in the preview for myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Forgive my ignorance (I've so much to learn!!) How do you use unmounted stamps? I'm covered in ink with the mounted ones!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 08:37 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by attherookeryView Post
Forgive my ignorance (I've so much to learn!!) How do you use unmounted stamps? I'm covered in ink with the mounted ones!
If you purchase stamps that are not fully assembled (such as SU!, or stamps that are sold as "UM", UnMounted), you can use alternative methods (other than wooden mounts) to mount them temporarily for use.

Many people use a vinyl cling material that enables the stamp to temporarily "cling" to an acrylic block.

The stamp is then peeled off it's storage/carrier sheet, stuck onto the acrylic block, and then removed to use the same block with a different image. Most people have a set of different sized acrylic blocks to accommodate different sizes of images, but the premise is the same--a limited set of blocks to use with your stamps, as opposed to having the stamp permanently mounted to a wood block.

Some stampers prefer this method for various reasons that range from issues of storage, to the belief that wooden blocks are not eco-friendly, to the fact that, minus the wooden block, UM stamps may be less expensive to purchase and they can get more images for the money.

Some stampers prefer wood mount, because they find it inconvenient to mount/dismount their stamps while working, or, they just plain like the wooden blocks, storage is not an issue for them, etc.

Then, there are clear stamps, which are made from photopolymer, not rubber. Clear stamps automatically cling to acrylic blocks and would not be mounted to a wooden block at all.

HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #23  
Hardware Hotshot

I agree that the SU! Canadian prices are disappointing, but I do think that SU! is hearing the universal message and doing what they can. Who knows it may not be too long before they start offering unmounted stamps.

As for the US prices, I think they are appropriate for the market and it seems to me SU! is offering a lot more specials and promotions lately. There are some really great deals coming up for the Spring Summer catalog.

Last edited by Tracy-Stamper; 11-28-2007 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 08:44 AM   #24  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks Julie - unmounted stamps make sense now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 08:47 AM   #25  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawneerankView Post
Well I just wondered what all you demos think about the increase in price of the stamps in stampin up? I just saw the mini preview and can't believe the prices. Are they die cut? I just don't understand. I know all things rise in price but a 5 set of stamps for 30.00. I just can't do it no matter how much I love them. I already have about 350 sets so I just can't justify spending that much on a 5 piece set. Am I the only on out there that feels this way?
I haven't seen the mini preview--are they cute? I'll bet they are! :grin:

But, as far as prices go, everything's going up; fuel prices affect *everything*.

I've spent $30.00 for 3 stamps I liked very much, so it's all relative; if you like the images enough, then you have to determine what price you are willing to invest in them. What I would be willing to pay $30 for, you might not, and vice versa, UKWIM?

It isn't as simple as: are 5 stamps worth $30. If I don't like them, I'm not even gonna pay $10 for 'em! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 09:04 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Default Where in MA is milk that low???

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMRView Post
Everything is getting more expensive! Have you bought milk lately? We pay over $3.00 a gallon, it costs us more than gas. I have to say I have been only buying the sets I love and selling or trading those that I do not use as much.

I agree that SU is still a good value. I cannot believe how much I pay for one stamp from other companies.

I too live in MA and I pay 4.39 a gallon for Hood milk at the local grocers!!
As with anything, if you like it you buy it. If you can't afford it you don't. If you don't like it someone else always will.
Everything is more expensive as HoOme Oil heating costs soar to over $3.00 a gallon. Bread is 2.79 a loaf for anything half decent.

I have moaned over price increases but find all in all I only like SU! sets, I can't stand to part with money for unmounted stamps sold singly or other companies mounted stamps.
They aren't the same.

Now I absolutely love Ginak"s stamps.
* so whimsical and some are potty funny!*
I also love a lot of CTMH stamps. I like unmounteds almost as much as wood. The storage is a problem for wood mounted stamps, my husbandn then can see the hundreds of sets I have. Unmoutned are easier to hide :}
Note: He has actaully counted them. :{
Uh -oh thank goodness he missed an entire dresser full :}

Anyway no one likes paying more for anything.

But with corn being raised for ethanol now and those Hybrid cars using it the farmers aren't getting any richer but the price of corn meal, pizza, milk and all dairy is going up...so aren't the prices of fuel to get these costly items around the US to us all...

Not a lot we can do really. Stop buying the cheaply made items from out of the country where we don't like the countries policies/pollution/politics or treatment of people..whatever and wait till you can afford a higher quality albeit more costly made in America item. That's what we do..

No, it's not always easy but it can be done!
Never mind SU! and the prices, let's fight for an East Coast Distribution Center so folks aren't waiting 7-11 days any longer for their items!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tracy-StamperView Post
I agree that the SU! Canadian prices are disappointing, but I do think that SU! is hearing the universal message and doing what they can. Who knows it may not be too long before they start offering unmounted stamps.

As for the US prices, I think they are appropriate for the market and it seems to me SU! is offering a lot more specials and promotions lately. There are some really great deals coming up for the Spring Summer catalog.
Ok, you cannot just say this without more info. (you can always pm me!!!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Oh, to the milk - DH and I have started buying our milk at the gas station! It's $3.10 a gallon, but WM or other places are over $4.50! So go try your local gas station - the one here is a BP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

I agree that it seems a high price, but when you compare to other stamp compainies, stores like Archiver's, it is more reasonable to get the whole matching set than a single stamp to me. I paid 8.99 for a single stamp that said " Believe", and looked at other single stamps, and figured it is cheaper to buy from SU! I do wish they would go unmounted though. I really have to think about what stamp sets I buy now, and don't buy nearly as many as I used to. I wish I could, but I already spend so much on just paper, adhesive, etc, that I am trying to use sets I already have as opposed to buying more, also I am running out of room!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:31 PM   #30  
Crimping Master

I think SU has stayed very competitive in a really tight economy.

I love SU!

Coletta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 01:36 AM   #31  
Hardware Hotshot

I think SU's prices are fair and comparable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

<------- AGREES!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
I guess it depends on what you like. Stampin' Up! sells wood mounted rubber stamps. If that is your preference (and it is mine) then none of the other options you mention fit the bill. Sure I could pay less for stuff I don't like to use, but I'd rather have one quality wood mounted rubber stamp set that I'll use all the time than 10 clear or unmounted rubber stamp sets that I'll never use.

And just to be clear, I'm not knocking clear or unmounted rubber stamps or people who prefer to use them. But for a wood mounted rubber stamp user like me, Stampin' Up! is a great value.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 AM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawneerankView Post

link please!!! ;) and thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 04:47 AM   #34  
Gabfest Goddess

Right. I love one stamp in Baroque Motifs, but am I gonna pay that much for ONE STAMP? Heck no. So it totally depends on your stamping style. I don't care about sets that much, so I'd rather pay an "overpriced" $9 for a stamp that I really want than $30 for a set when I want one out of the set. You might GET more, but you're paying more.. for stuff you're not using. So it depends on your stamping style. If you like the whole set, SU is a great value, I'll agree with that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

I'm the exact opposite. I refuse to pay $10-15 for a single stamp unless it's a big Background stamp. Besides SU's set resale value is amazing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:25 AM   #36  
Kookie Creator

Think of how us Canadian demos feel! Our dollar is worth more than yours and yet a set that costs $26.95 in the US is $36.95 in Canada!!:confused: And first level hostess benefits in the US are only $150 whereas in Canada they are $225!! :confused: They have reduced some of the prices in the preview brochure, which we are all glad to see. But I wish they could do a little more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkymommyView Post
I'm the exact opposite. I refuse to pay $10-15 for a single stamp unless it's a big Background stamp. Besides SU's set resale value is amazing.
you are correct. I have had sets that were only $15.00 go for close to $50 & more. I feel they are an investment. Plus, I like that the sets coordinate with their other products like designer paper, punches, etc.

you can't find that anywhere else.

The stamps in the mini are all diecut. Also, I would not be surprised if other rubber stamps companies in the future raise their prices. If I remember correctly the rubber that is made into stamps comes from a form of petroleum. With the rises cost of crude oil, there at some point has to be a jump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenmouerView Post
Ummm are you sure you weren't looking at the Canadian preview catty with Canadian prices because there isn't anything priced higher than $29.95 and that is for a set of 12 stamps...

The only set with 5 stamps is Embrace Life - priced at $23.95 - so about ~$5.50 per stamp (including S&H &tax (depending on your tax rate)) - the set of 12 about $2.88 each

If you take the price per stamp Stampin' Up prices are usually less expensive then if you were to buy WOOD MOUNTED rubber stamps individually. For example Artful Inkables has a stamp that is similar to the big flower in Embrace life - it is paired with a smaller leaf stamp - the price for the set is $9.95 - take into account tax and shipping and they come to about $5.50 (or more don't knwo what shipping would be) each as well...

Of course if you only like one or 2 stamps from a set of say 10 stamps then it is probably not cost adventageous to you...

PMR - can I come live where you live - I pay over $4 for a gallon of milk now...OUCH....
Of course you can buy the 2 Artful Inkables stamps unmounted for only $4.95, a cheaper option Stampin' Up doesnt even provide, plus both companies would charge tax and shipping on top of the list price. So isn't the AI stamp really a better deal? ;) Buy the original...after all it was out last spring! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:56 AM   #39  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Rescuing one dog may not change the world, but for that one dog, the world will be changed forever
Question Say what??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizmet888View Post
Think of how us Canadian demos feel! Our dollar is worth more than yours and yet a set that costs $26.95 in the US is $36.95 in Canada!!:confused: And first level hostess benefits in the US are only $150 whereas in Canada they are $225!! :confused: They have reduced some of the prices in the preview brochure, which we are all glad to see. But I wish they could do a little more.

I'm sorry to be so ignorant. Please, tell me how the Canadian dollar is worth more than the USA Dollar and just when did this happen? Last time I looked at rates it was still lower & our turnpike people don't like Canadian money as it has a lower value.. What's up??

I looked online andi t's still just beneath the US dollar. However, I would, if you question SU!.

Last edited by emsmomthestamper; 11-29-2007 at 10:01 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #40  
8 Cow Woman

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmomthestamperView Post
I'm sorry to be so ignorant. Please, tell me how the Canadian dollar is worth more than the USA Dollar and just when did this happen? Last time I looked at rates it was still lower & our turnpike people don't like Canadian money as it has a lower value.. What's up??
We went above par a few months ago on your dollar. Prior to that, we've been very close to par for over a year with your dollar.

Here's a conversion chart for the US $ versus the CDN $ and Eruos, etc.

http://www.x-rates.com/

Canadians tend to pay more attention to our dollars' value, it's reported on every day here.

Last edited by cobrielle; 11-29-2007 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: finishing thought
Reply With Quote Likes