Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-22-2007, 04:45 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuttlebug

I have not seen or used a Cuttlebug but am intriqued. I am thinking this would make a great gift for my husband to to get me for Christmas. Do you like it? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. You can email me direct. Thank you all in advance Karen
[email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 04:50 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one and I like it a lot. I only have the embossing folders though (none of the dies). Check this thread out for some cool price options:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:49 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I LOVE my cuttlebug!!! I highly recommend it as a Christmas gift- or any way you can get it, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:52 AM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a great machine. I have used cuttlebug dies and embossing folders in it, as well as sizzix and nestabilities dies.

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 05:55 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I definately am happy I invested in it. Love the folders for cardmaking and the alphas for scrapbooking. The nice thing is the dies are relatively inexpensive, so if you have a few extra $$'s and want to treat yourself to something new to play with, you can pick up a new set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 06:07 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I LOVE my Cuttlebug..... I use it every day! I have every one of the embossing folders and there are some gorgeous new ones being released in January. I never thought I'd use the dies but my collection is growing and I use them all the time. Since I started stamping it's still my favorite purchase. It would be one of the best gifts you could ever get.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:09 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I love it!!..i have the embossing folders and a collection of dies..i also have both sets each of the circles and ovals of nestibilities and plan to get the squares..they work just great in the cuttlebug..get it..you won't be disappointed...loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:13 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Same here, as the above. I use it mostly for the embossing folders, and let me tell you, it has revitalized my interest in the cardmaking thing!! It's also so easy, and I've not had ONE problem with it... and it's had HEAVY use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:16 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

You can emboss with it, stamp a little something, tie on a ribbon and have a great card!! It is the best thing since sliced bread!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:21 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

It would be a marvelous gift...got mine last year as a Merry Christmas to me gift. Use it sooo much, mostly for embossing, but have some dies as well and they are terrific too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:06 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think it is an excellent gift, and if you need any examples of what they can do for a card, look in my gallery or do a search for the cuttlebug!! If I were you I would ask for it!! You wont regret it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Love it, love it, love it! You wont be disappointed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:10 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I LOVE my Bug! I really like embossing on cards but sometimes I couldn't get a deep enough impression doing it by hand with a brass template. With the bug it embosses prefectly each time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got my Bug for Christmas last year, and I have used the heck out of it! :-) It's still going strong, and I love it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:23 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine! I have some embossing folders and a few dies, and I don't use them nearly enough. I need to use them more often, but I find when I do use them, I am so thankful for the speed and convenience of the embossing folders. I was able to make 20 christmas cards with the embossed background in less than hour including stamping, gluing together and embossing.
I have already gotten rid of all my brasses since I know I will never go back to that kind of dry embossing again--just takes too stinkin' long.
My DH gave mine for my birthday this year, and it has been the best birthday present I have ever received.
The price is steep at first, but it will be worth it. There are a lot of places to get the embossing folders at less than retail, one of them being Happy Scrappin Scrapbooking.
I hope you get one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

One thing I forgot to say, the first time I used a die cut, I gasped so loud my husband thought I must've broke a stamp or something. The dies make a small etch in your B plates, so it would be wise to purchase spare set of the B plates so that you have one set for embossing and one for die cutting. After a lot of die cutting, the plate becomes warped and you will to replace the top plate again at some point. Not sure if someone else already mentioned that or not.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:34 AM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

it is what my DH has gotten me for Christmas and told me I can't touch til christmas... Can't you tell I'm dying to play with it...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:44 AM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

I did a couple video shows on the Cuttlebug. You can check it out here:

http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=156

and here:

http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=159
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I noticed that someone said they got rid of their brass stencils, which is too bad.

The cuttlebug, with a folder you can get from sizzix, will emboss the images from brass stencils wonderfully- and instantly!

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

This card was made using a brass stencil through the cuttlebug, with a CHF backgrounder.

So, if you still have your brasses, dig them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #20  
Embossing Fanatic

I love mine, too! I really never thought I'd own a die cutter because they're so expensive, but I got mine at M's with a 50% off coupon, and I've more than gotten my money's worth! The accessories(dies and folders) are affordable, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #21  
Watercolor Wizard

I got mine last year just before Thanksgiving - so we have been happily together for a year now! I've had so much fiun with my 'bug and so glad I got it! It's a great present for your husband to get you - just make sure he also gets some embossing folders or cuttimg dies to go with it so you can play right away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-22-2007, 08:09 PM   #22  
Inking Addict

I HAVE to chime in here! I LOVE the Cuttlebug! So much, that I do demo's at my local Hobby Lobby of all it can do. I do about four hours at a time and never sit down or stop talking. HL has 40 percent off coupons from now through Christmas on anything Cuttlebug (at least here they do). I also use all my Sizzlet dies, Sizzix dies, Quickutz dies (including their new Revolution dies) with this machine. This is a Christmas Card maker's dream! Combine it with a few stamps and you'll be a card makin' fool (since I know none of you are hehehe)! The dies are cheaper, you can use anyone else's dies, you can use coupons (from HL) on their alphabets (which also come with shapes), so a full upper and lower alphabet, with punctuation, numbers and shapes, will cost you about $48 using a HL coupon. Compare THAT to over $100 for anyone else's alphas WITH their coupons, IF they let you use them! Plus, you can gang your dies and cut multiples, and I would suggest that you flip your B plates often, trade them top and bottom flip them over and as Laurie said, have a spare set and interchange them. Flipping them will help to keep them from warping too quickly. It also makes them last longer. It's so portable, you can take it anywhere, and I found that those boxes that CDS sells with the dividers are perfect for storing all my embossing folders and dies (moderators, edit me if you need to). I punched holes on each side of the box and set gromments and ran ribbon through them to make handles to carry the box. The real jewel about the Cuttlebug IS the embossing folders. If that was all you ever used it for, it is worth every penny. And thanks for the tip on the brass templates! I haven't tried that yet and I have an extensive collection of LI and DW stencils. Knock your hubby over the head, steal his wallet and go get it now, why wait for Christmas? :-D

Last edited by CatHouse; 11-22-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatHouseView Post
I HAVE to chime in here! I LOVE the Cuttlebug! So much, that I do demo's at my local Hobby Lobby of all it can do. I do about four hours at a time and never sit down or stop talking. HL has 40 percent off coupons from now through Christmas on anything Cuttlebug (at least here they do). I also use all my Sizzlet dies, Sizzix dies, Quickutz dies (including their new Revolution dies) with this machine. This is a Christmas Card maker's dream! Combine it with a few stamps and you'll be a card makin' fool (since I know none of you are hehehe)! The dies are cheaper, you can use anyone else's dies, you can use coupons (from HL) on their alphabets (which also come with shapes), so a full upper and lower alphabet, with punctuation, numbers and shapes, will cost you about $48 using a HL coupon. Compare THAT to over $100 for anyone else's alphas WITH their coupons, IF they let you use them! Plus, you can gang your dies and cut multiples, and I would suggest that you flip your B plates often, trade them top and bottom flip them over and as Laurie said, have a spare set and interchange them. Flipping them will help to keep them from warping too quickly. It also makes them last longer. It's so portable, you can take it anywhere, and I found that those boxes that CDS sells with the dividers are perfect for storing all my embossing folders and dies (moderators, edit me if you need to). I punched holes on each side of the box and set gromments and ran ribbon through them to make handles to carry the box. The real jewel about the Cuttlebug IS the embossing folders. If that was all you ever used it for, it is worth every penny. And thanks for the tip on the brass templates! I haven't tried that yet and I have an extensive collection of LI and DW stencils. Knock your hubby over the head, steal his wallet and go get it now, why wait for Christmas? :-D
I love mine too ! But what I noticed was your avatar ! What a gorgeous cat!! Is it a blue point himalayan? I have one too ! and 2 persians!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2007, 03:07 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORMOUTHView Post
I love mine too ! But what I noticed was your avatar ! What a gorgeous cat!! Is it a blue point himalayan? I have one too ! and 2 persians!!
Yes, he's a blue point, also known as a Lilac point Himi. I have two other Himi's as well, a Seal point female (Maki, short for Macciatto--we've always named our seal points after coffee drinks) and a tortie point (Kahlua). I have two tabbies too, my geezer Coon, who is 16 and the young upstart rabble rouser Mr. Sniffy. We don't have any children, so this is as close as it gets for us! They yak, mess, sleep, whine, eat, destroy and give us kisses. What more could a kitty mommy want?! :-D Pewter, the Lilac point, has a thing for tape. We can't leave any kind of adhesive out or he eats it. Nothing like a tape dispenser with the middle gone! Guess he thinks we're gonna put tape on the bottom of his feet! teeheehee
Reply With Quote Likes