View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 PM   #11
lbirus
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

You can use SU's basic black bc it's semi permanent. In fact, you can use any ink on a domino, the issue is whether or not you are going to color in the lines or whether or not you are going to seal it. If you are using a solid image and will be sealing it with a spray acrylic you can get away with it. The problem comes with mixing a waterbased product with a water based sealer or a solvent based product with a solvent based sealer.

So for example, if you want to stamp in a water based ink (like SU's classic) then you should use an acrylic sealer. Anything water based (like Crystal Effects) will just smear it. The same thing is true for coloring in your images with regular ink like the SU markers. A spray acrylic is alcohol (or solvent) based and will not smear.

However, if you use sharpies and spray with the same acrylic spray, it'll make a smeary mess. For sealing on top of sharpies you are better off with a water based product like Crystal Effects or Future Floor wax that won't react to the alcohol in the sharpies. Stazon is basically just like a stamp pad with sharpie ink in it.

How do I know.... hmmm... I speak from lots of experience and plenty of smeary messes!

Play around and remember that you can wipe off or sand off and try again!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!