Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2007, 08:01 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SBDD01 The Inaugural Diva Designers! 11.16.07

SBDD01 11.16.07 The Inaugural Diva Designers!

Prepare to have your socks knocked off!!
We are starting the Scrapbook Diva Designer Challenges with a BANG!

Please join me in giving a huge welcome and round of applause for these gals from the PAPERTREY ink Design Team:

Amy Rysavy �AmyR
Lisa Johnson � Lisa Lisa
Taylor van Bruggen � Tayloredexpressions
Nichole Heady � Papertrey Ink

Can you believe it?!

Welcome, welcome, ladies, and congratulations on being our first Diva Designers!

These gals are just dripping with creativity and talent, and they are sure to motivate you to get those stamps movin� on those layouts.

To participate in the challenge, gain inspiration from these fabulous guests and be sure to type in SBDD01 for the Keyword when you upload (that�s a zero in there, not the letter O).

For even more fun with the Papertrey Ink gang, make sure you visit the Papertrey Ink Member Company forum right here on SCS, and check out the brand spankin� new stamp releases at their website here.

Thanks to everyone for joining in the challenge! Be sure to post a link here to your creation so that we can all ooh and ahhhh ;)

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: SBDD01

SBC's Information Thread: Everything you need to know to participate!

The OPD (One Page Doc, aka: Master Challenge Thread) that includes all challenges on one page for your printing convenience can be found here: OPD

If you have any questions please feel free to contact any one of the SBCT (scrapbook challenge team)via pm or simply post your questions in this thread.

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

welcome Amy, Lisa, Taylorand Nicole! we are so excited to have you here to inspire us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default SBDD01TAYLOR

Hello scrapbookers and cardmakers who wish they were scrapbookers! I fit in that second category! I would love to scrapbook more, but I sit down with such a large canvas and feel paralyzed. Where do I start? What do I use? How do I fill that whole page?

Card designs come more naturally for me, but I think the challenge I have for you will help you turn your cards into scrapbook layouts!

I decided to take Sketch Challenge #150 (see attached thumbnail) and adapt the layout for a scrapbook page. My challenge for you is to search through the card sketch archives and use one of the previous card sketches as inspiration for your scrapbook layout. Past card sketches can be found here: Forums at Splitcoaststampers.

When you upload your design use keyword SBDD01TAYLOR. Then come back to this thread and link your creation. When you link your creation please also link the card sketch that you used to inspire your scrapbook layout. Here’s what mine would say:

I used Sketch Challenge #150 as the inspiration for my layout!

Card Sketch #150: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
My Layout: SBDD01TAYLOR - Sweetheart by tayloredexpressions at Splitcoaststampers

I will choose one winner for my challenge who will receive a little goodie package from me. Thanks for participating! Feel free to ask any questions... I love to chat!
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD01 The Inaugural Diva Designers! 11.16.07-sc150.jpg  

Last edited by tayloredexpressions; 11-16-2007 at 08:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:07 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default SBDD01NICHOLE- It's All About the Coordination!

I began my paper crafting journey with scrapbooking. So to be able to integrate stamping into this part of my hobby comes naturally. One of the reasons I enjoy utilizing stamps in my scrap projects is because of the versatility & customization it allows me. I enjoy finding the perfect color combo along for the hunt of a complimentary combination of stamp images & fonts. Since the mix-an-match possibilities are limitless, I am able to achieve the looks I want, with the end result being exactly what I envisioned.

It�s All About the Coordination Challenge

Many times the hardest part of scrapbooking is finding that �perfect� touch for your page that brings everything together. I challenge you to stamp your own designer paper. Follow through with your theme by creating matching embellishments. For my particular project (below), I simply made epoxy accents from my stamped images using Page Pebble stickers from Making Memories.

Your handmade embellishments could include:
-polyshrink buttons
-custom ribbon (with a stamped pattern or wording)
-large flat head brads (such as the Biggie Brads from Bazzill)
-coordinating stamped chipboard accent
-the possibilities are endless!

When you upload your project, please be sure to use the keyword
SBDD01NICHOLE (all caps).

I will be choosing a winner at the end of the week and they will receive a little hand-stamped congrats in the mail from me! If you have any questions, please don�t hesitate to ask!

xx
Nichole
Attached Thumbnails
SBDD01 The Inaugural Diva Designers! 11.16.07-happy-girl-scrapbook-challenge-page.jpg   SBDD01 The Inaugural Diva Designers! 11.16.07-pebble-closeup.jpg  

Last edited by Papertrey Ink; 11-16-2007 at 08:11 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

love this idea Taylor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Default SBDD01AMY

Hi everyone!! If anyone out there is at all like me you�re prolly a card-maker first and a scrapbooker second (or not a scrapper at all but WANT to be one!). I started stamping cards before I started scrapping so it feels only natural to me to incorporate stamps within my layouts � but for some people that isn�t so easy!

One thing I LOVE about using stamps on my scrapbook pages is that it makes it so much easier to co-ordinate everything � I just need some card stock/patterned paper and inks in the right colors. But even if you don�t have a bunch of inks � all you need is some VersaMark ink and clear embossing powder (the EP is not a total necessity � I just like the extra little �wow� factor it provides!).

You can see my layout here: SBDD01AMY - Grin by AmyR at Splitcoaststampers

On my layout I used several stamps from Papertrey � some butterflies from their Butterfly Kisses stamp set, and the leaf stamp from the Beautiful Blooms set. I used 3 different butterflies � the outline, the solid and the dotted. Each one was inked up with VersaMark ink then stamped onto patterned paper and embossed with clear embossing powder.

I cut out each butterfly with scissors then adhered them to my page with Mono Multi adhesive. They ended up as great matching �embellishments� and the best part is that the possibilities with the stamps are endless � as long as I have my stamps, VersaMark and Clear Embossing Powder I can create as many embellies as I want using any co-ordinating cardstock and patterned paper!

***So this is where my challenge comes in � I invite YOU to create a page (any size layout) using stamps (line image AND solid image stamps work for this � so there are TONS of options out there), VersaMark ink and clear EP (optional) along with cardstock and/or patterned paper to make embellishments that match your layout.

When uploading your pages please use the keyword SBDD01AMY � I will need that as I will be choosing a winner at the end of next week and will be sending them a card I made that matches my layout that you can see here: Friends by AmyR at Splitcoaststampers .***

Last edited by AmyR; 11-16-2007 at 08:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:17 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

OMG!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited about this! Although I started my papercrafting with scrapbooking years ago, I gradually found myself leaning more towards cardmaking after I went to my first SU party and learned about cardmaking and then discovered the SCS site. All of these ladies have been fabulous role models for me in that department. But, I have missed my scrapbooking and recently started checking out the challenges on SCS--just about the time of the announcement that there would be some big changes. It will be so fun to see what Amy, Lisa, Taylor and Nicole will bring to our table! Yippee, ladies! Thanks for participating!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:18 AM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SBDD01LISA

Do you find yourself struggling to find that "Perfect" pattern paper to scrapbook with? Do you want just the right embellishment but can’t find it in the right color or size? Or on the flip side… are you addicted to pattern paper and are finding yourself in a rut?

Well I have a fun challenge for you today! As a recovering pattern-paper-aphobe, I fell easily into this comfort zone! Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to create an entire layout without ANY pattern paper… None, nada… ZIP!

I love the flexibility of Papertrey’s images for creating your own pattern paper…not to mention the fantastic sentiments that lend themselves so easily to journaling. On my layout I used different shape stamps to create a Blueberry branch with berries attached as well and some complementary hand stamped pattern paper! This made it simply a snap to create uniformity on my page.

Here is my example.

I’m so excited to see what you Ladies come up with!
When uploading us the keyword SBDD01LISA Then come back to this thread to link up your design. I have a li'l somethin ready for the lucky winner too!

Last edited by Lisa Lisa; 11-16-2007 at 08:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

These are super great challenges. I love making my own stamped pattern paper and my own embellishements. Sometimes I just forget to do these things, so these will get me back to doing things I love in my scrapbooks. No scrapping for me this week or next, but I'll be sure to take lots of photos while I'm on vacation
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #10  

Yippee! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Now all I need is time, time, time!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tayloredexpressionsView Post
Hello scrapbookers and cardmakers who wish they were scrapbookers! I fit in that second category! I would love to scrapbook more, but I sit down with such a large canvas and feel paralyzed. Where do I start? What do I use? How do I fill that whole page?

Card designs come more naturally for me, but I think the challenge I have for you will help you turn your cards into scrapbook layouts!

I decided to take Sketch Challenge #150 (see attached thumbnail) and adapt the layout for a scrapbook page. My challenge for you is to search through the card sketch archives and use one of the previous card sketches as inspiration for your scrapbook layout. Past card sketches can be found here: Forums at Splitcoaststampers.

When you upload your design use keyword SBDD01TAYLOR. Then come back to this thread and link your creation. When you link your creation please also link the card sketch that you used to inspire your scrapbook layout. Here’s what mine would say:

I used Sketch Challenge #150 as the inspiration for my layout!

Card Sketch #150: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
My Layout: SBDD01TAYLOR - Sweetheart by tayloredexpressions at Splitcoaststampers

I will choose one winner for my challenge who will receive a little goodie package from me. Thanks for participating! Feel free to ask any questions... I love to chat!

Last edited by wendella247; 11-16-2007 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Amazing challenges and inspiration
Thanks to all of you for being the first Diva Designers!

And welcome, Wendy!! So glad that you're going to join in on the challenges

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:29 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhollesView Post
These are super great challenges. I love making my own stamped pattern paper and my own embellishements. Sometimes I just forget to do these things, so these will get me back to doing things I love in my scrapbooks. No scrapping for me this week or next, but I'll be sure to take lots of photos while I'm on vacation
No scrapping for 2 weeks, Melanie - yikes!
Have a great vacation

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 AM   #13  

[/quote] I will choose one winner for my challenge who will receive a little goodie package from me. Thanks for participating! Feel free to ask any questions... I love to chat![/quote]

How much time do we have to submit our entries?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 AM   #14  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Before next Friday, Wendy (I think!) ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

wow, this is wonderful! hope to find some time to get to these challenges.

thanks for all your work putting this together Jennie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH...I am going to have a FUN week...thanks Jennie for putting this all together and thanks for the divas for all their inspiring ideas and pages.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by elliesmomView Post
Before next Friday, Wendy (I think!) ;)
That's what I think too - gives everyone a week to play
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

OMG I am just blown away!!!! i can now wait to get scrappin!!!!
You ladies all ROCK and your challenges are AWESOME!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #19  

Default Another question...

Here I am AGAIN! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but just wondering--will there be different Diva Designers each week or the same group for a month or something like that? Deets all figured out yet? (As you might guess, I'm excited!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 08:59 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

We'll have a different Diva Designer each Friday - sometimes more than one! :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #21  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyRView Post
That's what I think too - gives everyone a week to play
Plus... Turkey will be weighing some of us down this week! Makes for a great "opportunity" to scrap though! LOL! "Honey, I'm really full... I better go sit down... and scrap."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 AM   #22  
CraZy Cat Lady

Man I am BLOWN away!!! This is FANTASTIC...where to begin!? WOW!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:15 AM   #23  
CraZy Cat Lady

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa LisaView Post
Plus... Turkey will be weighing some of us down this week! Makes for a great "opportunity" to scrap though! LOL! "Honey, I'm really full... I better go sit down... and scrap."
ahahaha!!! Good one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:17 AM   #24  
Gallery Gazer

Okay found my card sketch challenge to use for SBDD01TAYLOR. Since there were so many card challenges to pick from, I selected my favorite number and decided to use whatever the challenge was. My favorite number is three so had to go wayyyyyy back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24 AM   #25  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2SmileView Post
Okay found my card sketch challenge to use for SBDD01TAYLOR. Since there were so many card challenges to pick from, I selected my favorite number and decided to use whatever the challenge was. My favorite number is three so had to go wayyyyyy back.
Ohhhh, laugh in the face of danger! LOL! What a fun way to do that! I get pretty lost in the sketches too. Maybe you should call that Scrappin' Roulette! :shock: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

now that's a creative way to select your sketch! I can see some possiblities with #3, can't wait to see what you do Pattie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhollesView Post

can't wait to see them, have a great time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa LisaView Post
HAHAHAH.. I like your thinking....:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hooray!!! A challenge to use only hand-stamped patterned paper is my kind of challenge!! I love, love, love making my own paper... those are my favourite pages to create, and also to look at in the gallery! I can hardly wait to get to work!

Vancouver Island, Canada
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 11:50 AM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Love that idea I might have to try it too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

here's my page for Taylor's challenge, using a card sketch to make a page

through your eyes

great challenge Taylor!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 03:18 PM   #32  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Love it, Peggy! Cute sketch to choose, too

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite GrandmaView Post

through your eyes

great challenge Taylor!
Peggy,
You sure are fast!!! And your page is beautiful in design and meaning of the journaling/photos. Bravo!!!

xx
Nichole
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Favorite GrandmaView Post

through your eyes

great challenge Taylor!

Amazing! I love how you adapted the sketch for your scrapbook page! It looks like it was made to be a scrapbooking layout!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 06:32 PM   #35  
Gallery Gazer

Here's mine taken from Sketch Card Challenge #3 - titled "Go Big Red!"

Go Big Red by Luv2Smile at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #36  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Here's mine taken from Sketch Card Challenge #3 - titled "Go Big Red!"

Go Big Red by Luv2Smile at Splitcoaststampers
What a cute page, Pattie! Thanks for playing the challenge!

I love how you picked which sketch to use... definitely very adventuresome!! My fav number is 9 so I feel another page coming on with Sketch #9!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 03:21 AM   #37  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

What a cute page, Pattie! Thanks for playing the challenge!

I love how you picked which sketch to use... definitely very adventuresome!! My fav number is 9 so I feel another page coming on with Sketch #9!
Ha Ha going to sneek a peek at #91 now! Thanks for the fun challenge
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Amazing! I love how you adapted the sketch for your scrapbook page! It looks like it was made to be a scrapbooking layout!
thanks ladies!

maybe it was a scrapbook sketch and they adapted it to a card sketch:mrgreen:

Last edited by Favorite Grandma; 11-17-2007 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 05:50 AM   #39  
kraf*T*y mama

I am thrilled about this! I was first a scrapbooker and then a cardmaker and still feel I am better at scrapbooking. I just like the instant gratification of cards. I SOOO need to get back to working on my scrapbooks! I have several projects in the works and with a new baby a whole new project! I can't wait to try some of these challenges as when I first started scrapbooking I didn't really stamp, it's like a whole new venue of accessories!! Will have to wait till I get home from in-laws though!

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 07:35 AM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Great page, Pattie!
Is it really just a coincidence that you picked the hostess's favorite team to scrap?! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes