Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stampin up demonstrators

I am looking to become a stampin up demo during sellabration 2008 and wondering if someone could give me some info.
Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I just realized my email addy was my old one on here. If you emailed me, please resend. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Jessica, this might be info someone else might find useful, so I'll just say it here. You will need to sign up through a demo, so if you don't have one yet, you need to find one. Decide if you are a go-getter or will need training. All uplines are NOT created equal, and it's best for both of you if you find one that can support you the way you wish.

Why do you want to wail until Sale-a-bration (the new name for it)? Because of a possible SU incentive? Let's say it's the traditional one...a stamp set of your choice. That may be worth as much as, what, $50ish?

If you were to sign up NOW, you'd be fully trained, have some customers and possibly (likely!) have SAB workshops all lined up. Your earnings from a few good workshops during that period would far exceed any possible (not guaranteed, btw) incentive for signing during SAB.

This is just my opinion. You may have other reasons for waiting, and you certainly know your situation best, lol. I just wanted to point out an advantage to signing up now.

Good luck, whenever you decide to sign up!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 09:15 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!
Received 243 Likes on 129 Posts

Jessica, I agree with what Betsy has said.

Additionally, if you do not have a demonstrator already, the best place to start looking would be through the Demonstrator Locator, found at www.stampinup.com . In this way, you can see the nearest demos to your address, contact them, get acquainted and ask pertinent questions. At that point, you would be better equipped to select the best upline for you! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:18 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks ladies! I am shooting for February to sign up because I plan to use my tax return for my initial investment. Right now with the holidays just isn't plausible for me. With the additional incentive, FEb. just seems perfect.

Jessi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 05:28 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I would highly recommend looking through this thread that was around during the last special -- I know it's long, but there is a lot of good info there for people thinking of signing up: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:14 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

Do be very careful about choosing your upline... You can make it on your own, but it would be great to have someone local with whom you could trade supplies, borrow stamp sets from, etc....

I found my upline from the demo locator, met and discussed things with her in depth a couple of times and really liked her..... and then things got ugly. I wish I had taken more time to find a less uptight upline because I'm having to work with her upline long distance now........ who is very sweet and successful... just far away. :(

Joining the SU family after the retirement list comes out would be a great time to join so that you don't chance getting soon to be retired sets in your kit. It would give you plenty of time to be ready for SaleABration and perhaps you could ask that your family get your kit for you as a Christmas gift.

If not, do what you have to do and wait til the tax money comes in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 06:17 AM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just going to direct you to the thread that Diane posted!
If you have some questions that haven't been answered there, please post them here ... there are many SU! demos here that are willing to answer your questions.
Reply With Quote Likes