Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2007, 03:14 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Birthday coming - what to wish for?

Okay, enablers, here's your chance! I have a birthday coming up in a little over a week. What should I ask for?

I already have an obscene amount of Stampin' Up stamps, lots of Papertrey, Kitchen Sink, Verve Visual, Fancy Pants, Lizzie Anne, etc. Also have a Cuttlebug, a Bind-It-All, lots of paper cutters, tons of patterned paper.

What are all of the cool kids getting for Christmas or other holidays this fall?

I'm pretty sure that I'll be asking for an ATG tape gun, but that's not glamorous enough to be the main gift, you know? Help me spend hubby's money!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 04:30 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Nestabilities yet? No desire for them? I think I'd try some out if I was making a birthday list. I know a gift certificate isn't much fun to open, but it could mean more PTI stamps in the future. No other suggestions, but can I come play at your house?

Smiles,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 04:35 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Do you have one of the fancy scoring products like the Scor-pal or the Topscore/Enveloper?

One of those macro photo studio things like they sell in the electronics dept at Walmart for ~$50 US?

An even bigger set of Prisma pencil crayons that has so many colours, your DH will have to hire a chopper to airlift the case into your home through your roof?

Some cool craft storage, like the super-awesome fabric papercraft armoir thingy that retails for 2 grand?

Some Gina K. techniques DVDs? I've heard they're worth their weight in gold!

A renewed subscription to the SCS Fan Club?

An Ott Light for every room in the house? Your stamping opportunities will become unlimited then!!

Every Palette/Colorbox Chalk/Alcohol/pick yer fave ink known to humankind?

Hand-tooled leather holsters for your Crop-a-diles? And a coordinating serape so you could pretend you're Josey Wales? ;)

That's all I can think of; hope I was able to help some of your DH's money fly out of his wallet with one of those.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahloumelView Post
Do you have one of the fancy scoring products like the Scor-pal or the Topscore/Enveloper?
I've been thinking about a Scor-Pal. Do you have a link to the Topscore/Enveloper? I've never heard of that one. Must investigate.

Quote:

One of those macro photo studio things like they sell in the electronics dept at Walmart for ~$50 US?
Never heard of this one either. Link?

Quote:

An even bigger set of Prisma pencil crayons that has so many colours, your DH will have to hire a chopper to airlift the case into your home through your roof?
Had a huge box. Sold it because I'm not much of a colorer.

Quote:

Some cool craft storage, like the super-awesome fabric papercraft armoir thingy that retails for 2 grand?
Yeah, sure. After getting him to let me have the kitchen remodeled (yay!) - it'll be a cold day you-know-where before I get something like that!

Quote:

Nope. Must investigate these too.

Quote:

renewed subscription to the SCS Fan Club?
I'll pay for that myself - I'm worth it!

Quote:

An Ott Light for every room in the house? Your stamping opportunities will become unlimited then!!
Only three - I was a beader before I was a stamper.

Quote:

Not a one. Good thought!

Quote:

Hand-tooled leather holsters for your Crop-a-diles? And a coordinating serape so you could pretend you're Josey Wales? ;)
Now you're just being silly. :p

Quote:

That's all I can think of; hope I was able to help some of your DH's money fly out of his wallet with one of those.
Thanks for all the ideas!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:04 PM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' AdventurerView Post
No Nestabilities yet? No desire for them? I think I'd try some out if I was making a birthday list. I know a gift certificate isn't much fun to open, but it could mean more PTI stamps in the future. No other suggestions, but can I come play at your house?

Smiles,
I don't have any Nestabilities yet, but they're on my list of things to think about. Thanks for the reminder!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep, Chris, you need Nestabilities.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

This made me laugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 05:26 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

The Topscore/Enveloper bundle is available on HSN packaged with an instructional DVD. Make sure to watch the video on the HSN website!
http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/crafter...810149_xp.aspx

I can't find the photo kit online atm, but it has a reflective light box, some backgrounds, and two or three tungsten lamps. It's a kit that helps you take waygreat pix of your fab projects for posting online, or selling stuff on eBay, etc. I'll have to find the link after work tonight!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

I'm pretty sure that I'll be asking for an ATG tape gun, but that's not glamorous enough to be the main gift, you know? Help me spend hubby's money!
I finally found the link to the macro photo box kit. I was at the Walmart Supercentre just a few weeks ago and they had one on the shelf there, but I can't find it on the website. Here are two eBay links; the first one has a very illustrative before/after pic of a plumbing fixture to show how amazing the light box kit is, and the second link has a nice pic of a fire extinguisher and a rubber duckie getting their photos taken in the light box.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOTOGRAPHY-STUD...QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-STUDIO-IN-A-...ayphotohosting

I really like the soft but clear quality of light that the boxes create. I created a cheapskate's version of a light box from a white collapsible laundry hamper from Wmart and the Sun to take the following photo; it's not great but this pic would have been impossible without a light tent. I also find that it takes me less time to get a better pic of stuff for my gallery, but I'm not very handy with a camera.
Jar-o-lanterns by Mahloumel at Splitcoaststampers

You could also ask for some kind of stampstravaganza experience, like going to a class given by one of your fave stampers, online or IRL. Also, it seems like there are a lot of cool stamp gatherings in some parts of Texas (Grapevine, The Woodlands, maybe Conroe or something?) that DH could possibly treat you to.

Other than that, the only other ways I have of glamming something up involve glitter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:40 PM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

My list would contain:

Scor-Pal
All the Palette ink pads
Copic markers
The new Cuttlebug embossing folders due out in Jan. - if you can wait that long!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

You have a lot of great ideas!!!!!!

Quote:

SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes