Thread: Why Blog Music?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #48
Quixotic
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkluttrellView Post
I love blog music! I do not have music on my crafting blog but do on my personal blog. For those of you who watch tv while you surf just turn the volume off while you are surfing. As for the why I have it on my personal blog I use project playlist which is free. I put songs on there that I like but may not want to spend the 99cents to download them. Plus I change mine up often. I also have some artists like the Beatles on there and you cannot download them from itunes so this is a way for me to get the music, and did I mention it was free!
It's totally fair enough that you enjoy blog music and want it on your blog, and I can understand your reasons.

One thing I will say is - I tend to watch TV shows in a window on my laptop, while surfing. So, when I open a blog with music on, it can be quite jarring (volume differences always seem to mean that the music comes blaring out), and then I have to figure out where on the page I can turn it off (on some blogs this is quite taxing).

For people that do enjoy having music on their blogs, it may be worth investigating whether you can have a widget with the option that music only starts when requested, not on the page loading.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!