Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2007, 10:12 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dreams for new cattie!!!

wish I knew how to set up a survey!

Question:

What SU supplies do you stock? do you keep all the colors in 8.5x11 and 12x12? and you have all the ink colors in some form? The people that are newer to SU, I realize you haven't had time to "get" everything...but is that what you're hoping to do???

I guess what I'm getting at is....I've bought everything in the current catalogs that I want. I get the impression that more than 50% of the company are hobby demos (like me). Although I loved some of the new stamp sets, I was very disappointed in the last catalog...because there wasn't much left for me to buy (of stuff that I wanted).....I really worried if I would be able to meet my quarter quotas. Ok, I made it. So now we're anticipating a new catalog....and I sure hope they offer more stuff that I want to buy! I don't want to stop being a demo...cause I like replenishing my papers at a discount....

Are most of you at the point where you've already purchased most of the things from old catalogs that you want? When the last catalog dropped the detail embossing powders, ribbons, and a lot of the 12x12...that forced me to turn to other sources for those supplies. That made my quarter minimums even harder to reach. I was still spending the money, it just couldn't all go to SU. I just hope there's $600 in this new catalog that "I can't live without!"

are other people in the same boat?

kathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 10:56 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I also have bought everything I need from the current catalog, I am so excited to see the new catty. From the looks of the preview , I will have plenty of new stuff to get excited about. Cant wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:06 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought most everything from the current catalog that I want and everything I need. The discontinued list WON'T send me scurrying to spend money this time. But I've been collecting SU for years to get to this point and don't blame the catty--I loved it. Baroque motifs will be with me for a LONG time, LOL!

I'm just looking forward to seeing what they have for us next! Hero Arts new catty comes out just before Christmas, so that gives me two big catties to study and choose from. Then there's PaperTrey--just got a gift certificate for my birthday! Woo-hoo!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I too have everything I want from the current catalog, which admittedly wasn't much. I've also been buying SU for years and am getting burned out on their stamps. They retire things and what they bring in new, either doesn't appeal to me, or I've already got something very similiar. I love the paper though and seem to buy lots and lots of it. I too was a Hobby Demo for a few years until I just couldn't justify buying $300 worth of paper each quarter!! I now have a friend that sells SU, so I just buy from her periodically when I need paper!

Toni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, there's still sets from the current catty I want. Opportunity and money just haven't met up this cycle. Not worried about the in-colors since they'll be in the next catty but anxious about two sets I still want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:16 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I placed two orders from the catalog....one large enough to qualify for a level two set and one that qualified for a level one, so I got everything I wanted.
I'm hoping for something new and different in the next catalog...something that isn't circles or bold, stylized flowers! (I counted over 50 sets that had at least one circle!)
The problem is that I've been stamping for some time and have so many stamps that everything SU! puts out looks familiar to me. I've started to buy a lot from other companies like Penny Black, Stampendous, Eat Cake Graphics, to name a few.
I'll still buy SU! paper, though, if nothing else.

(Ha! I should have read the post from Toni in Kansas! She and I are of the same mind! LOL!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 05:56 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought everything I wanted from the last cattie and concur that it didn't set my heart aflutter. That's why I'm thrilled that SU has switched to 2 a year.

I don't know how in advance SU maps out its new catalogs, but hopefully the next one will not have as many similar sets.

I got to look at the Spring Summer preview and liked what I saw.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
Are most of you at the point where you've already purchased most of the things from old catalogs that you want? When the last catalog dropped the detail embossing powders, ribbons, and a lot of the 12x12...that forced me to turn to other sources for those supplies.
kathy
Being a business oriented demo, I hope someday to get to a point when at the end of a catalog period I have everything I want and there's nothing left to buy -- that will help my bottom line as I sell more than enough to cover my minimums. But I'm certainly not there yet -- still want a lot of things and I sure hope the stuff I want won't be on the retiring lists next month!

As for going to other sources for detail embossing powders and 12x12 card stock, SU has announced that the 12x12 card stock will be available in all the colors in single packs again in Janaury, and the embossing powder in the current catalog is the detail powder. It's not called detail (because there is no need to differentiate now that the non-detail powder is gone), but that's what it is. If you notice, SU only eliminated the embossing powders that did not come in detail form, like copper and vanilla. So it's too bad that you were turning to other sources for these since you could have been buying them from yourself. But in the future you can go back to buying embossing powders from yourself! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I don't think there will ever be a time when I have everything from a SU catty that I want. There are still four or five stamp set that I want and I NEED more:
  • Rhinestone Brads
  • Double Stitched Ribbon - I absolutely love this stuff and use it on everything!!!
  • Dry Embossing Templates - I love that these coordinate with our stamp sets, makes them so easy to use!!
  • Simply Scrappin Kits - these make it so easy to create a great project, I used the Winter Bright on a flip flop book and you can see it on my blog HERE
  • Stampin' Dimensionals - SU's are the easiest to use by far
  • Chipboard - I still need all the letter sets
  • I would say punches but I have them ALL!!!:p
  • Designer Papers - I have been stocking up with the special this month
  • Build-A-Brad Kits, these are soooo cool, we have been using them on my make & takes at my workshops and the gals have been going gaga over them
  • and of course who doesn't need more of our TEXTURED card stock!!
Well, I guess I had better get back to work so I can afford to get more stuff!!!!!

I update my blog at least every other day so check it out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:42 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

is SU's embossing powder detail EP? I thought they dropped the detail EP of the colors they're selling, and now just sell the regular EP. On many applications, it doesn't matter, but with a fine stamp, the detail EP does a much better job.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SU! This last 6 months I've been to the point where I had to look outside SU to get some of the things that I want....and I discovered a whole new world out there!!! I have so much inventory of all of SU's products, that I really struggle to spend $600 for 2 quarters. I was wondering if there are a lot of us that have gotten to that point. I'm also wondering if SU realizes that there's a large group of us that are struggling with that.

I love being able to buy the basics from SU, and I will ALWAYS BE AN SU customer, as long as their core product line remains in tact. I'm just at the point where I need to either find a local demo to purchase from, or pray that the new catalog has $600 worth of stuff that peaks my interest.

kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:09 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by klhbensonView Post
is SU's embossing powder detail EP? I thought they dropped the detail EP of the colors they're selling, and now just sell the regular EP. On many applications, it doesn't matter, but with a fine stamp, the detail EP does a much better job.
Yup --it's all just detail EP now. Like I said, it's no longer called detail, but that's what it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dollyView Post
I don't think there will ever be a time when I have everything from a SU catty that I want. There are still four or five stamp set that I want and I NEED more:
  • Rhinestone Brads
  • Double Stitched Ribbon - I absolutely love this stuff and use it on everything!!!
  • Dry Embossing Templates - I love that these coordinate with our stamp sets, makes them so easy to use!!
  • Simply Scrappin Kits - these make it so easy to create a great project, I used the Winter Bright on a flip flop book and you can see it on my blog HERE
  • Stampin' Dimensionals - SU's are the easiest to use by far
  • Chipboard - I still need all the letter sets
  • I would say punches but I have them ALL!!!:p
  • Designer Papers - I have been stocking up with the special this month
  • Build-A-Brad Kits, these are soooo cool, we have been using them on my make & takes at my workshops and the gals have been going gaga over them
  • and of course who doesn't need more of our TEXTURED card stock!!
Well, I guess I had better get back to work so I can afford to get more stuff!!!!!

I update my blog at least every other day so check it out.
I'm right there with you, Barb. I haven't even started with our dry embossing stuff yet, still need to get more rhinestone brads, I'm missing a few punches, and the list goes on. And that's not even mentioning all the stamps I still want! Can you say addicted to SU? My name is Diane and I'm an SUholic. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:25 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

I wonder if SU! would ever consider lowering the minimum for people who have been demonstrators for years. After a time, it gets harder and harder to find new things you want. I'm not a demonstrator, but, because I've been stamping for so long, it's difficult finding enough that I want to buy in order to take advantage of hostess benefits. (I'm not in the position to do parties, for health reasons, as my knees still aren't right after 2 1/2 years!)
I would guess they wouldn't because hobby demos are probably their biggest customers! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #14  
Inking Addict

I never seem to run out of stuff I want! I keep all colours of cardstock on hand in 8.5x11 and 12x12. I tend to buy a lot of ribbon and punches, too. The preview catty looks great; the new patterned paper is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see the new catty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 08:31 AM   #15  
Loves lavender roses

Received 102 Likes on 76 Posts

There are several stamp sets that I want and hope they are carried forward into the new catty. I keep ordering more card stock because I use it up so fast! In 08, I will have two clubs a month plus a stamp camp every other month, and I'm hoping to book more workshops. Just keeping the supplies I need on hand is tough, and then I have a LONG wish list! I just started as a demo July 1st, so I'm still accumulating the things I need. I will have to order 24 cattys in December. That will cut into my WANT list!! I'm enjoying it though; I love teaching my ladies new things, and they tell me they really look forward to my clubs and workshops!! That's very gratifying.

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Just looked at the catty preview and am happy with what I saw - love the Bali Breeze and Ginger papers - yummy. With a baby set, wonder if the Fall baby set will be replaced - those who want it might want to order it just in case - also, embrace you looks a lot like Artfully Asian, which I love love love and bought the first thing. The Valentine mouse stamp is so cute, and I love the idea of the bundle cuz I always end up with a bunch of stuff I love but none of it goes with the other stuff i love so this would actually give me a set of something!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM   #17  
Loves lavender roses

I'm still a newbie. Are you getting your info from Stampin' Success December issue? No one has actually SEEN the Preview catty, right??? If that's the case, I sure do agree. I love what I'm seeing with the papers and several other items. I can't wait to get the Preview catty! I also love that wonderful 'Time Well Spent' set we received!!!! What a great perk!!!!!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

The Preview Cattie is online and mailed soon. There's a link floating around on both the demo and general side of scs.

here's one of them

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
I wonder if SU! would ever consider lowering the minimum for people who have been demonstrators for years. After a time, it gets harder and harder to find new things you want. I'm not a demonstrator, but, because I've been stamping for so long, it's difficult finding enough that I want to buy in order to take advantage of hostess benefits. (I'm not in the position to do parties, for health reasons, as my knees still aren't right after 2 1/2 years!)
I would guess they wouldn't because hobby demos are probably their biggest customers! LOL!
I think newer demos might feelit was unfair if the limit was lowered for demos who had been with SU for a certain period of time. Having the same limit for everyone is more fair, even though it may make things harder for some poeple durign catalog periods where their tastes are not in line with the offerings.

And just to address the hostess benefits issue, even if you cannot host a party, you could try hosting a catalog show where you do not need a physical gathering. Or you could join a club (assuming your demo offers those) where you only order so much per month and earn hostess benefits that way. It doesn't adress the lack of stmps that are your style, but spreading your purchases over a few months helps with ordering only the consumables you need and also allows you to take advantage of any monthly specials, instead of ordering everything at once.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Honestly, I have never been able to get all I wanted out of the catalog before it ends, especially when the minis are as tempting as the Holiday one has been. There are still lots of stamp sets I want, plus I haven't gotten the new colors yet. But then again, I can't spend $100 each month either. It'll be interesting to see how much changeover there will be with the new 6-month system. I'm kind of dreading seeing the retirement list next month. I'm still debating whether to buy True Friend before the mini ends or save the money till I see the retiring list and hope it ends up in the new catalog. Just too many choices for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdianeView Post
Yup --it's all just detail EP now. Like I said, it's no longer called detail, but that's what it is!
I am so glad to know that!!! I haven't been buying it because I thought it wasn't detail EP! thanks so much.... That'll help me get $20 closer to meeting my minimums!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

SU could set up system like CTMH - they have a Junior Consultant program. If you can't meet your minimums, you get 10% off and only have to spend $100 a year to stay with CTMH. If you ever do $300 in a quarter, you are popped back up to Regular Status and get the 22% again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:34 PM   #23  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketOHeartsView Post
SU could set up system like CTMH - they have a Junior Consultant program. If you can't meet your minimums, you get 10% off and only have to spend $100 a year to stay with CTMH. If you ever do $300 in a quarter, you are popped back up to Regular Status and get the 22% again.

boy I would LOVE that!!!! i hope SU considers something like this!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

How about joining and sharing your discount with a family member so that they can help you meet your minimums?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

I just became a SU demo in September, and I do not have a problem meeting my mins so far. I've almost sold $1800 in product. Mainly I give away my part discount or offer extra items. So far with my volume rebates, it's paid for my habit.

As for what I keep in stock...I mainly try to build up my color familes. For instance, when I signed up in September, I got a free color family of stamp pads. Well the only color family I didn't own a thing in was Earth Elements, so I picked that, and I'm so glad I did! This has really helped me step out of my box. Colors I thought were ugly are now so pretty to me.

I'm very excited about this new catty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I am a brand new demo, just signed this past week. There are some things I still want from this catty, so hopefully, if they don't retire, I can make my first quarterly minimum. After that....... I've seen the new preview catty and there is nothing that I just have to have. We'll see what the new catty brings.

Luanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

Im looking forward to seeing everything else they have to offer.
From the preview catalog, there is only 1 set that I HAVE to have, but as usual, they all start to grow on me ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #28  
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbie 50View Post
Im looking forward to seeing everything else they have to offer.
From the preview catalog, there is only 1 set that I HAVE to have, but as usual, they all start to grow on me ;)

How do you get to see the Preview catty? I don't have one and haven't seen one except for a few items in the latest Stampin' Success! What's up?

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsBozView Post
How do you get to see the Preview catty? I don't have one and haven't seen one except for a few items in the latest Stampin' Success! What's up?

My Business > My Business Resources > Stampin' Up! Publications > Preview Brochure

Enjoy!
Yapha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #30  
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaphaView Post

My Business > My Business Resources > Stampin' Up! Publications > Preview Brochure

Enjoy!
Yapha

Thanks for the heads up. I had no idea until I came to this thread that I could preview the preview!!! LOL!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #31  
Polyshrink Goddess

Can you tell me if the current In Colors are going to be available come Jan.? Or do I need to stock up now? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:54 PM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampinmom57View Post
Can you tell me if the current In Colors are going to be available come Jan.? Or do I need to stock up now? Thank you!
They are good for the full Stampin' Up year, so until the end of June.

Yapha
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 04:20 PM   #33  
Loves lavender roses

Thanks again! I went and looked at the goodies. I like the dsp's and the rub-ons. I also liked a couple of sets I saw including the kit for Valentine's Day. I'm having a stamp camp in January featuring two Valentine designs, two birthday, and one Thank You design. That mouse stamp set will be perfect! The only thing I'm not all that interested in for myself is the nursery one. I do have customers that would sure make use of that set though. So far, it's lookin' good!!!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:01 PM   #34  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I too, have been a demo for 5years and up until about 6 months ago, had never got rid of one stamp set that I had bought or recieved. When I finally broke down and started selling I sold over 200 sets and still have over 100!! At first, I wasnt really impressed with the new catalog, but the more samples I see on this site, the more I need. I have 4 or 5 sets left to buy and then I will have all I want. I just hope that this new catalog is more appealing to me then the last!! I did see the new paper and boy is it pretty!! Cant wait to get my hands on it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #35  
Mad Swapper

What stamp set do those eastern elegance rub-ons coordinate with?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #36  
Loves lavender roses

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
What stamp set do those eastern elegance rub-ons coordinate with?
I don't know what's coming in the new catty, but as far as current stamp sets go, I think Doodle this has a flower similar to the one shown on that one rub-on sheet. I just wonder how many rub-ons we will have to choose from!

I'm a Twisted Sister!
FS147

Reply With Quote Likes