Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3girl'smomView Post
Find out what his interests are- my DD has two male teachers. One loves Star Wars and the other the White Sox. Got them each gifts which catered to their interests. Once again, hope this helps!!
I agree with you on this one. My son had a male teacher his 4th grade year that put Tabasco sauce on everything for lunch. I wouldn't have known this had my son not told me this. So we gave him a bottle of Tabasco sauce for Christmas with a note with something along the lines of thanks for doing such a HOT job teaching our son! Trying to cue into their likes makes it more personal and FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-24-2007, 08:03 PM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Keep them coming. There are a lot of middle and high school teachers out there that do a great job everyday. And these kinds of things if done every so often bring a smile to their face and an upbeat attitude that will last for weeks.
sam

sam
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 03:38 AM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a teacher too, and I think that most everyone likes gift certificates. I get Visa gift cards a lot and I love them! Target would also be a great gift card to give as well. I often alter a little composition notebook and pen and put the notebook, pen, and gift certificate in a cello bag with shredded paper and ribbon and a tag when I give gifts to my children's teachers.

If you are a stamper, make thank you cards for your teachers! Everyone needs thank you notes, and then package them up nicely. Presentation is everything! : )

I must say that the thought is the most important part of gift giving. Even if it's a hokey gift, I'm thrilled that someone thought of me!

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 10:57 AM   #44  
Compulsive Stamper

Hi there - great suggestions from everyone. When I was teaching, I taught in a low income school district in which the parents and students barely had enough money to cover their own needs so to me the best gift was a card that said thank you and if the child helped with it...even better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 11:02 AM   #45  
Crimping Master

Default pre school

When my daughter was in pre school, her last year was also the last year of the school, so I really wanted something special for a gift...so I traced or had the parents trace the hands of each child. I then traced the hands on heat and bond, ironed on to fabric, cut out and made each teacher a quilt of hands..very simple squares and zig zagged around the hands for more stability. If they could write their names, I had them do it with a fabric marker, if they couldnt then i just did it...the teachers loved them,..they were such a big hit I made them for my sons teachers 3 years later. I used one square at the bottom for the name of the school and the dates..it sounds like a lot more work then it is...if there is someone else in the class you know, they may want to help too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #46  
Mad Swapper

A cute little idea that I'm thinking of using...A flower pot painted with the saying "Thanks for helping us Grow" and maybe the kids names or their handprints...Last year I did those starbucks mugs that you can stamp the insert inside, along with altered clipboards...

Thank you to all the parents who continue to give gifts to us poor middle school and high school teachers who seem to be forgotten...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #47  
Polyshrink Goddess

I embossed my son's handprint on a glass vase and then embossed the following saying above his handprint.......Thanks for helping me grow.......it was super easy and his teacher's loved it.

All you need is a versamark pad, colored embossing powder and a glass vase!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Sorry....didn't read the above post well enough!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 05:33 PM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

I love all the ideas! Last year I went a little nuts and made 4 "Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see?" books with pictures of all the kids in the classroom.
For example, my son's class' name was Owls so I used the On Board Art Journal and the title was "Owls, Owls, what do you see?" and then the first page: "Jacob, Jacob what do you see?" (with Jacob's picture on both pages) and then "I see Kara looking at me". Plus I put the pages together to make a pocket which each child wrote a note to the teacher.
It was a LOT of work, but I'm obsessed with stamping. I stamped all the sayings and covered the book with designer paper.
Not sure I will do that again, getting the kids pictures from the parents was the hardest part!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #50  
2kc
Crimping Master

Gift certificates for Tim Horton's nestled in an assortment of gift cards have gone over well with my teacher's. This year I'm looking into Scholatic gift certificates in addition to the coffee ones. (something for the class and the teacher)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #51  
Stampin' Fool

These are all some great suggestions. I really like the idea of giving the teacher a small scrapbook with a contribution from each of the kids. My question is, how do you go about getting all the parents to do this without the teacher knowing? I was thinking of asking the director for permission to send a note for the kids to take home. Any suggestions?? TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 11:02 AM   #52  
Crimping Master

Default gifts

I asked the teacher to put a note in each childs back pack, and made it look like it was a birthday invite, they had no idea..I even had to trace some kids hands while we were waiting to go into class, and they still never knew.
good luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:34 PM   #53  
Cardstock Collector

Default middle and high school teachers

Being forgotten is very typical when you teach middle school and high school. I always hear about parents sending things to their kids elementary teachers. What about the others?

I use to teach middle school and I never expect anything but a thank you. I will never say don't give us... this or that. I have received artwork and notes from students, also 1 gift from a parent. I was so excited!!! It could of been dirt in a jar and I would of still loved it! LOL! : )

Now, I am on the other end and love to show my appreciation to my kids teachers. My daughter is special ed and her teachers have gone above and beyond, and I want to send them Christmas gifts!!!

Any suggestions? I have no idea what they like and 1 is a male teacher. : )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

My friend is a first grade teacher and she got a gift cert from a family who didn't have much money for so many volunteer hours in her classroom. She thought that was so great! The lady helped her 'spring clean'.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2007, 03:05 AM   #55  
Crimping Master

Default gifts

how about having your daughter draw a picture and make cards out of them for the teachers., candles, coasters, anything you can print on,,,aprons, tote bag..
I was a special ed aide and I would have loved anything the children drew or colored for me.
I made smores in a can for the teachers last year...a quiet evening at home in front of the fire toasting marshmellows...(ok its 4 candles) but work with me..
hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 AM   #56  
Kookie Creator

My kids always give their middle and high school teachers the ring pretzels with the kisses in the middle. (Check out the What do you plan to do for Christmas thread for other ideas.) Here's that link:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Basically, you take the ring pretzels (or snaps if you can't find rings) and place an unwrapped kiss in the middle. Bake in the oven at 275 degrees for 2-3 mins until you can press the kiss flat. Really, it's no more than a few mins. Then press an m and m into the center of each. Refrigerate for 5-10 mins and they are done.

Here's the link from the website: http://recipes.quickcooking.com/eRMS...cid=9418&r_d=y

We package them in the Gladware plastic containers w/the blue lids. They are 4-5/box for a few bucks. We wrap them in snowflake ribbon and make stamped tags. One good thing about these containers is that they fit in the teachers' school mailboxes in case your child can't hand-deliver all of them. My kids had 8-10 teachers each year.

My kids always receive thank you notes for these. A few male teachers have confessed that the treat never made it home since they ate it all before they could share it!

I am also a preschool teacher. What I like most is something made from the child. A card, a letter of thanks, a small ornament. If you wanted to actually purchase something, a gift card with a greeting card made by the child would be perfect. Preschool teachers appreciate it when the child fully participates in the gift-giving, and making the card is the best way to show that. It doesn't have to be perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2007, 07:48 PM   #57  
Insane Embellisher

I received the best 6 x6 CM Disney scrapbook from my kindergarten class. I cried and it is such a cherished item. Each family made a page. I love how they expressed their love for me. Also, i am MICKEY's biggest fan and he appears on quite a few of the pages. Try to see if you can find what the teacher loves and go with it! Preschool teachers are very thematic.
Isaiah 40:31
Reply With Quote Likes