View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 AM   #1
Soozie4Him
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Overwhelmed Grandma-to-be needs ideas for Baby Shower favors!

My oldest DD is 6 months pregnant and we're having a fairly early Baby Shower for her two days after Thanksgiving because her two best friends from high school (who live on the other side of the country) will be home for Thanksgiving. Also, the other Grandma-to-be will be here too, as she'll be joining us for Thanksgiving. I'm very overwhelmed with planning Thanksgiving, the shower, financial stuff for my own mom who is in a nursing home, and I have to plan her funeral (yep, she's still alive) and pay for it and get a cemetary plot and pay for it before Thanksgiving (we're applying for MedicAid - long story). Also, I'm getting 35 piano students ready for a Christmas recital. So I have some very happy events going on, and some sad/stressful ones as well.

How can you help? Well, thanks for listening, first of all! <g> I made the shower invitations and got those in the mail (everyone was notified by phone ahead of time) and now I realized that I have to PLAN this shower (food, games, cake, etc), and just yesterday I thought "SHOWER FAVORS!" Yikes!! So I need something easy, but cute, for favors. It's a small shower, so I only need 13 or so. I'm also going to be stamping baby thank yous so my daughter can use those to write her thank you notes.

I had thought of just getting Bath and Body Works foamy soap and tying a pretty ribbon around it, but I was thinking I might be able to come up with something stamped. But it has to be easy... I've seen people stamp things to put around water bottles - would there be anything baby-oriented that would work? Any ideas are welcome, and prayers for my peace-of-mind are appreciated!!

I'm an SU demo, so I have Bundle of Joy and Bundled in Love and Everything Baby and some retired SU baby sets.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!