Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-07-2007, 04:31 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU sets - which punches match?

Hi,
Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of what sets fit with each of the SU punches? (For example, the scalloped circle punch fits perfectly with the medallion in the Wanted set. I want to know what else it fits.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

subscribing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

this would be good info. I hope someone knows. there is always some one on here who can answer most everything. TIA.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 08:54 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

BUMP
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 09:32 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

I know that the Snow Blossom punch works with one of the *snowflakes* in the Hostess set In the Spotlight... It matches up perfectly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

It sure would be nice if SU would provide this info!

"God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." John 3:17, NRSV
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfm813View Post
It sure would be nice if SU would provide this info!
If SU provides this info, it is most likely to their demos. In fact, I assume that they do. I think the whole idea behind home demo stamp companies is that the customer forms a relationship with her demo, who ideally is very knowledgeable about the product. She shares her expertise and you reward that expertise with some loyal purchases! It is one of the things I like about home demo stamp companies.

This is a verbose way of saying, check with your demo!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Default Scallop punch

It fits the big medallion in the Hostess Set - In the Spotlight.

Want to see the rest of My Gallery?

Check out the Creative Crew for some great Stampin' Up inspiration!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
If SU provides this info, it is most likely to their demos. In fact, I assume that they do. I think the whole idea behind home demo stamp companies is that the customer forms a relationship with her demo, who ideally is very knowledgeable about the product. She shares her expertise and you reward that expertise with some loyal purchases! It is one of the things I like about home demo stamp companies.

Oh I have no doubt that my demo has the info - but I want it too! LOL! And I'm sure they want us to have fun and discover a bit of it on our own. Kinda like how I discovered the scallop punch works with the "Wanted" medallion. I was just giddy! Yea I know, it doesn't take much! LOL!!!

BTW, I love your blog!

"God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." John 3:17, NRSV
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Default SU punch & Stamp Set list

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchrmomView Post
Hi,
Does anyone know if there's a list somewhere of what sets fit with each of the SU punches? (For example, the scalloped circle punch fits perfectly with the medallion in the Wanted set. I want to know what else it fits.)
I found this list. Hope it helps. I sure do wish Stampin' Up! provided demonstrators with a list.
Diane Beckman

Scallop Circle Punch: In the Spotlight, Glorious Garlands, Punch Pals, Double-Line Doodles, Wanted, Priceless, Big Flowers, Big Deal Alphabet, Looks Like Spring, Fabulous Flowers, Ginormous Flowers, Sweet Shapes, Illuminations, It�s Your Birthday, Warm Words, Pictograms, Short and Sweet, Sincere Salutations, All Holidays, Jumbo Alphabet, All About Occasions, Brocade Basics, Baroque Motifs, Sparkling Sayings, So Much, Fun & Fast Notes, On Board Blossoms and Basics
Tag Punches: Perfect Presentation, All About Occasions, Flakey Friends, Punch Pals, Be Happy, Tagger�s Dozen, Bundled in Love, Business Boosters
Designer Label Punch: Party Punch, Labelicious
Round Tab Punch: Party Punch, Office Accoutrement, Totally Tabs
1� Circle Punch: Sending Happy Thoughts kit, Perfect Presentation, Glorious Garlands, The Snowflake Spot, Perennial Favorites, Holiday Blitz, Double-Line Doodles, Polka Dots & Petals, Create a Coupon, Genuine Articles, Business Boosters, Calendar Cues, On Board Blossoms and Basics

1 �� and/or 1 3/8� Circle Punch: Simple Delights Simply Sent kit, Perfect Presentation, Batty For You, Holiday Tag Team, Sparkling Sayings, Be Happy, Figures of Speech, Double-Line Doodles, Polka Dots & Petals, Big Flowers, Stamp of Authenticity, Carte Postale, Think Happy Thoughts, Big Pieces, Seeing Spots, So Happy, Dots Are Hot, Brocade Basics, Labelicious, Genuine Articles, Circle of Friendship, It�s All Good, Sporting
�� and/or �� Circle Punch: In the Spotlight, Holiday Tag Team, Glorious Garlands, Cold Play, Snow Flurries, Merry Merry, Punch Pals, Forever in My Heart, Holiday Blitz, Double-Line Doodles, Sweet Thing, Wanted, Star Struck, Little Flowers, Little Pieces, Please Come, Dot Spot background, Alphabits, Art by Design
1 �� and/or 1 3/8� Square Punch: Simple Delights Simply Sent kit, Perfect Presentation, Forever in My Heart, Sealed With a Kiss, Be Happy, Figures of Speech, Tagger�s Dozen, Sweet Thing, Office Accoutrement, Stamp of Authenticity, Carte Postale, Glad Tidings, It�s All Good, Art by Design, Sporting, Business Boosters, It�s a Date

�� Square Punch: Punch Pals, Calendar Cues
Large Oval Punch: I did it, many of the word sets
Star Punch: Wanted, Starstruck, Sporting, Wild West Alphabet, On Board Blossoms and Basics
5-Petal Flower Punch: In the Spotlight, Be Happy, Priceless, Simply Said, Looks Like Spring, Heartfelt Thanks, Ginormous Flowers, Office Accoutrement, Big Pieces, Cutie Pie Double Sided Paper, On Board Blossoms and Basics
Snow Blossom Punch: In the Spotlight, Simple Snowman, Wondrous Gift, Snowflake Spot, Merry Merry, Snow Flurries, Punch Pals, Snowfall, Be Happy
Spring Flower Bouquet Punch: Looks Like Spring
Three for You Punch: Three Thoughts Simply Sent kit, Punch Pals, Take Three, Three for You punch box
Word Window Punch: So Many Sayings, Block Party, Boatloads of Love, Fun & Fast Notes, Take Three, Everything Baby, Short & Sweet, Happy Everything, Wonderful Favorites, Warm Words, All Holidays, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Amazing to Zany, Fundamental Phrases
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

Hello Ladies,

Stampin' Up! has not provided us with a list letting us know what stamp sets match the punches. I sure do wish they would provide us with such information. It would make our job easier and have us better informed of the products. I learn more from customers some times. So I guess it pays me to be loyal to my customers. hee hee

Diane

Oh I have no doubt that my demo has the info - but I want it too! LOL! And I'm sure they want us to have fun and discover a bit of it on our own. Kinda like how I discovered the scallop punch works with the "Wanted" medallion. I was just giddy! Yea I know, it doesn't take much! LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

I am a SU! demonstrator and so far to my knowledge there is no such list provided to us from SU! However at Convention this year we were told that if we use the punch on card stock we can then use that as a template of sorts and put it over the stamp in the catty that we are interested in and we will be able to see if it will work for that stamp or not. I hope that helps some. I would like for them to provide a list as well.:cool:

Samera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 06:55 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinmomma69View Post
I am a SU! demonstrator and so far to my knowledge there is no such list provided to us from SU! However at Convention this year we were told that if we use the punch on card stock we can then use that as a template of sorts and put it over the stamp in the catty that we are interested in and we will be able to see if it will work for that stamp or not. I hope that helps some. I would like for them to provide a list as well.:cool:

Samera
That's a great idea! Vellum might be helpful so you can see the stamp image.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 07:46 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

thanks for that comprehensive list. can't wait to try it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #15  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple elf ladyView Post
thanks for that comprehensive list. can't wait to try it!
Ditto!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 04:04 PM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Location: VA. But my heart is split between the U.S. and Guatemala!

Subscribing! Thanks for such a great list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 06:39 PM   #17  
Matboard Maniac

I used to punch through a matte page protector to use over the photos in the catalog to see if the images worked with a punch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks so much! The list is really helpful.
Kind of suprised that SU doesn't provide an official list for their demonstrators.
Maybe if they get enough requests they will sometime in the future....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:00 AM   #19  
Glitter Queen

Default Stamps & Punches

I often wondered the same thing . . . . . . so I stamped all the punches I have (have all SU except 3 to date) on 2 1/2 x 8 strips of cardstock - wrote the name of punch below the cut out. Ran all strips through my laminator - gathered stripes together, punched hole thru top w/crop-a-dile & inserted a ring to hold together. I keep this in my catalog - this way when at workshops or classes if someone asks what punch will work w/ this stamp set - we pull my handy dandy 'tool' out & line up the catalog image. Works like a charm . . . . . just need to get the last 3 punches.

Beth Mak
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
I often wondered the same thing . . . . . . so I stamped all the punches I have (have all SU except 3 to date) on 2 1/2 x 8 strips of cardstock - wrote the name of punch below the cut out. Ran all strips through my laminator - gathered stripes together, punched hole thru top w/crop-a-dile & inserted a ring to hold together. I keep this in my catalog - this way when at workshops or classes if someone asks what punch will work w/ this stamp set - we pull my handy dandy 'tool' out & line up the catalog image. Works like a charm . . . . . just need to get the last 3 punches.

Beth Mak
What a great idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post

Beth Mak

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

I know the new hostess set So Many Sayings goes with the word window punch. My suggestion is to trace the punch onto a piece of wax paper/clear vellium and cut it out. Then you can just put it over the images you like to see if they fit. If you already have the punch you can just punch out some clear vellium.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #23  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfm813View Post

BTW, I love your blog!
Hi Ladies, I'm an SU demo. SU has not given us a list of stamps for the punches. I sincerely wish they would. We get no training whatsoever with regard to products and how to use them. I can assure you if demos were provided with a list, we would pass it on to our customers in the hopes of more sales. I waited a full year to sign on with SU because I wanted to make sure I knew the products and how to demo them before I started selling them. We do receive a monthly publication showcasing three or four projects and information for building our businesses and that's about it. We are offered Regionals that may or may not be in our state and we have a convention once a year in Utah. At Regionals and Convention techniques are demonstrated. We try to share as much information as we can with each other through Splitcoast and other forums.

Last edited by Jerri Kay; 11-14-2007 at 02:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A fellow demo showed me a similar trick she'd learned - punch all of your punches through an old/incomplete set of playing cards you have laying around, make sticker labels with name of punch and item #, punch one corner through all the cards with your crop-o-dile (great to do at workshops!) and put a ring through the hole. Now you can lay your "punch" over stamped images and know what works right away!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Subscribing ... thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

subscribing - awesome ideas!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

I would guess SU doesn't provide it because it limits our imagination. Punch pals of course coordinates with many punches, but there are many more not so obvious, or that just the center or top of an image may work. The template is a terrific idea - I did mine on Cardstock vellum so I could see the rest of the image through it when I was checking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #28  
Stampin' Fool

Subscribing - such good info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Smile SWAP suggestion

I would add to these ideas that not everyone has every punch. However, you can start a swap on SCS to get a complete set of punch 'frames' or 'windows'. The one I participated in went something like this:

The "hostess" made a list of all the punches. Paricipants signed up to be responsible for one or more punches. Each participant punched their punch on a 4x4 SU cardstock (any color) making 36 of these. (35 punches for participants plus one for the hostess.) You mailed your punches to the hostess with SASE. The hostess collated the punches so that you get one of each on a key ring. She also labeled the punch with the name and item # on sticky labels. She mailed you back your complete set. If you had sign up to do, say, three different punches, you got three sets back--nice to give as a gift to a friend!

This way a demo (I'm not one) could have the window for customers to look through, even if you don't actually have the punch! Of course, now you'll find MORE things that you'll want! You find yourself going, "Oooo, that looks neat! I didn't realize that the penguin fit in the designer label punch!" Really it can get out of control!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theresa RomaniView Post
A fellow demo showed me a similar trick she'd learned - punch all of your punches through an old/incomplete set of playing cards you have laying around, make sticker labels with name of punch and item #, punch one corner through all the cards...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Su which punches match

My stampin up demonstrator had us do this at our monthly meeting. She had precut the cardstock and had us punch on each piece then using a cropadile punched a hole and attached them with ribbon. Now we all have a set to bring with us and check our punches before we buy. Shes so organized. Gotta Love her !!
Lynn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2007, 05:09 AM   #31  
Insane Embellisher

Theresa
What an awesome idea to use playing cards that are missing one or two cards! I am soooooo going to do this tonight! I didn't want to use up my SU cs to do this but I know I have at least 1 set of playing cards that are missing a few that I just haven't cleaned out yet! thanks so much for this idea!!!!!!

Last edited by Skilo; 11-15-2007 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 667 Likes on 346 Posts

Subscribing :-) LM

Psalm 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #33  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrennaLynnView Post
I would add to these ideas that not everyone has every punch. However, you can start a swap on SCS to get a complete set of punch 'frames' or 'windows'. The one I participated in went something like this:

The "hostess" made a list of all the punches. Paricipants signed up to be responsible for one or more punches. Each participant punched their punch on a 4x4 SU cardstock (any color) making 36 of these. (35 punches for participants plus one for the hostess.) You mailed your punches to the hostess with SASE. The hostess collated the punches so that you get one of each on a key ring. She also labeled the punch with the name and item # on sticky labels. She mailed you back your complete set. If you had sign up to do, say, three different punches, you got three sets back--nice to give as a gift to a friend!

This way a demo (I'm not one) could have the window for customers to look through, even if you don't actually have the punch! Of course, now you'll find MORE things that you'll want! You find yourself going, "Oooo, that looks neat! I didn't realize that the penguin fit in the designer label punch!" Really it can get out of control!
What a fabulous idea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

great ideas! now i just need all the punches lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 04:04 AM   #36  
Embossing Fanatic

My SU rep gave me a set of punched cards to match with pictures in the catty. I love them!! I put them in baseball card collector sheets and pull them out whenever I'm curious about an image I want to stamp or buy.

I also added my Marvy punches to this set so I can mix and match vendors. Gina K from Gina K Designs also designed a set or two of stamps that match up really well with the 1 3/8" circle punch.

~ jess k.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #37  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just joining in to say thanks for such a great list --and to join the constructive complaining (LOL). To me the list of which punches go with what sets is just another example of why I really really really feel that Stampin Up doesn't offer nearly what they might in terms of creative inspiration (for demos or customers.) When is the last time they updated the 3-D projects area on the demo site, or the techniques area on the customer site? Since we still pay a lot for smaller catalogues perhaps they could offer a couple of creative pages in the catty: like a page that tells which colours are in d.p./simply scrappin sets... or a couple of free templates. Would be good for business... They could even pay demos to contribute. :0)

Just a thought and a bit of venting, ;0)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found this list. Hope it helps. I sure do wish Stampin' Up! provided demonstrators with a list.
Diane Beckman

Scallop Circle Punch: In the Spotlight, Glorious Garlands, Punch Pals, Double-Line Doodles, Wanted, Priceless, Big Flowers, Big Deal Alphabet, Looks Like Spring, Fabulous Flowers, Ginormous Flowers, Sweet Shapes, Illuminations, It�s Your Birthday, Warm Words, Pictograms, Short and Sweet, Sincere Salutations, All Holidays, Jumbo Alphabet, All About Occasions, Brocade Basics, Baroque Motifs, Sparkling Sayings, So Much, Fun & Fast Notes, On Board Blossoms and Basics

Tag Punches: Perfect Presentation, All About Occasions, Flakey Friends, Punch Pals, Be Happy, Tagger�s Dozen, Bundled in Love, Business Boosters

Designer Label Punch: Party Punch, Labelicious
Round Tab Punch: Party Punch, Office Accoutrement, Totally Tabs

1� Circle Punch: Sending Happy Thoughts kit, Perfect Presentation, Glorious Garlands, The Snowflake Spot, Perennial Favorites, Holiday Blitz, Double-Line Doodles, Polka Dots & Petals, Create a Coupon, Genuine Articles, Business Boosters, Calendar Cues, On Board Blossoms and Basics

1 �� and/or 1 3/8� Circle Punch: Simple Delights Simply Sent kit, Perfect Presentation, Batty For You, Holiday Tag Team, Sparkling Sayings, Be Happy, Figures of Speech, Double-Line Doodles, Polka Dots & Petals, Big Flowers, Stamp of Authenticity, Carte Postale, Think Happy Thoughts, Big Pieces, Seeing Spots, So Happy, Dots Are Hot, Brocade Basics, Labelicious, Genuine Articles, Circle of Friendship, It�s All Good, Sporting

�� and/or �� Circle Punch: In the Spotlight, Holiday Tag Team, Glorious Garlands, Cold Play, Snow Flurries, Merry Merry, Punch Pals, Forever in My Heart, Holiday Blitz, Double-Line Doodles, Sweet Thing, Wanted, Star Struck, Little Flowers, Little Pieces, Please Come, Dot Spot background, Alphabits, Art by Design

1 �� and/or 1 3/8� Square Punch:
Simple Delights Simply Sent kit, Perfect Presentation, Forever in My Heart, Sealed With a Kiss, Be Happy, Figures of Speech, Tagger�s Dozen, Sweet Thing, Office Accoutrement, Stamp of Authenticity, Carte Postale, Glad Tidings, It�s All Good, Art by Design, Sporting, Business Boosters, It�s a Date

�� Square Punch: Punch Pals, Calendar Cues

Large Oval Punch: I did it, many of the word sets

Star Punch: Wanted, Starstruck, Sporting, Wild West Alphabet, On Board Blossoms and Basics

5-Petal Flower Punch: In the Spotlight, Be Happy, Priceless, Simply Said, Looks Like Spring, Heartfelt Thanks, Ginormous Flowers, Office Accoutrement, Big Pieces, Cutie Pie Double Sided Paper, On Board Blossoms and Basics

Snow Blossom Punch: In the Spotlight, Simple Snowman, Wondrous Gift, Snowflake Spot, Merry Merry, Snow Flurries, Punch Pals, Snowfall, Be Happy

Spring Flower Bouquet Punch: Looks Like Spring
Three for You Punch: Three Thoughts Simply Sent kit, Punch Pals, Take Three, Three for You punch box

Word Window Punch: So Many Sayings, Block Party, Boatloads of Love, Fun & Fast Notes, Take Three, Everything Baby, Short & Sweet, Happy Everything, Wonderful Favorites, Warm Words, All Holidays, Everyday Flexible Phrases, Amazing to Zany, Fundamental Phrases[/QUOTE]

just cleaning it up for easier viewing
Gourmet Play Food Etsy

Last edited by shayks; 03-09-2008 at 05:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Good to know. Subscribing. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2008, 05:39 PM   #40  
Crimping Master

Subscribing, great thread!
Reply With Quote Likes