Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone own Crafter's Companion Topscore?

I seen this product demonstrated on HSN last week. I saved it on my DVR and have watched it many times. The lady made it look so easy, but I was wondering if anyone here owned it and what they thought of the product. The one they demoed was for the cards and one for envelopes that you could also make boxes with.

thanks for your opinions ~ good or bad.

Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Oh I wanna know what y'all think too! I am thinking about getting this. I have a hard time doing certain folds and was wondering if this would help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 04:45 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I ordered the set from HSN and it is interesting. I already own the Scor-Pal and find it much easier to use. The box thing was OK but don't think you'd have that much use for it. The envelope one was why I got it and I'm giving the other part for cards to a friend.
Margaret
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 05:58 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Margaret.. when you said you already own the Scor-Pal and find it much easier to use.. do you mean the Scor-Pal is easier to use? I really want to have something to score with and want to make sure I buy the right thing. If the scorpal is easier please share and let me know which one you have. thanks so much, Pam

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #5  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewifeView Post
Margaret.. when you said you already own the Scor-Pal and find it much easier to use.. do you mean the Scor-Pal is easier to use? I really want to have something to score with and want to make sure I buy the right thing. If the scorpal is easier please share and let me know which one you have. thanks so much, Pam
Hmmm, wondering the same thing. I have the Scor-Pal and LOVE it!!! It doesn't get put away - it has 'earned' a special place on my table!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I appreciate the info on Scor-pal. I've been using something else at Archiver's and really don't like it. Works fine if you are only doing a score for a single fold card. I need to make boxes. Would like to hear what works best for those. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by RevLindaView Post
I appreciate the info on Scor-pal. I've been using something else at Archiver's and really don't like it. Works fine if you are only doing a score for a single fold card. I need to make boxes. Would like to hear what works best for those. Thanks
There are some great threads on the Scor-Pal and Score-It already:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Score-Pal is one of the member companies. That said, I have the Score-It (bought it before the Score-Pal came out, and I find it indispensable). You should be able to make your boxes using either of them. Good luck with your decision.

Smiles,

Last edited by Stampin' Adventurer; 11-04-2007 at 05:49 AM.. Reason: Added
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2007, 06:20 PM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Default TopScore - scoring tool - just got it

Watched the HSN preview and was intrigued. Saw the tail end of the actual demonstration. Ordered, and have already used it about 25 times! I love the two-sided TopScore board and the Enveloper. And I love the instruction CD. The folding/embossing tool is very well-designed. I compared it to the Score-Pal tool, which I almost purchased. The TopScore has way more options! I'll be using it to make boxes for sets of handmade greeting cards, and to make deep/wide envelopes for lumpy greeting cards. I did like the idea that the Score-Pal would allow me to do parallel lines and grids easily, but that is not enough, now that I have used the TopScore boards!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 AM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbiJKView Post
Watched the HSN preview and was intrigued. Saw the tail end of the actual demonstration. Ordered, and have already used it about 25 times! I love the two-sided TopScore board and the Enveloper. And I love the instruction CD. The folding/embossing tool is very well-designed. I compared it to the Score-Pal tool, which I almost purchased. The TopScore has way more options! I'll be using it to make boxes for sets of handmade greeting cards, and to make deep/wide envelopes for lumpy greeting cards. I did like the idea that the Score-Pal would allow me to do parallel lines and grids easily, but that is not enough, now that I have used the TopScore boards!
Thank you so much ~ I have watched that demo I recorded of the lady doing the presentation and was in awe of the cards and the different shaped boxes she made. I wondered about the CD. Suzanne Runyan (sp?) the host, I used to watch her a long time ago on QVC doing crafts, she said she loved it and even though she is the host, I do think that she really likes doing crafts.. I watched her at the CHA thingy this summer.. looks like a fun and easy product to use.

Pam

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wish I had recorded that demo on HSN! She was amazing, wasn't she? The cd wasn't quite as much of a show, since she was going slow enough to demonstrate exactly how to use it. It is a very good cd, by the way.

I actually have both the Score-Pal AND the Topscore/Enveloper. I don't see a problem keeping both...they both have enough uses for me that are different from each other. The Score-Pal will remain out on my table...I do like the ability to make several scores without moving the paper...that is not possible on the Topscore.

So far I like the score from the SP better than the TS, but I just started using the TS last night. Maybe with practice I'll get better, but the TS seemed to mangle the paper a little bit, lol... As I say, I like them both for different reasons. Fortunately the HSN deal for the combo TS/Enveloper was good enough that I don't mind the expense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-05-2007, 08:09 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default crafters companion/topscore

I bought this when I saw it on HSN and I really love this product. The envelope template is worth the price alone!!! I love how simple it is to use. I made cards and matching envelopes this weekend. What a fun and easy way to really make a beautiful finishing statement. I am going to make boxes to match my cards this holiday season. I am making several different cards and giving them as Christmas presents. It is worth every penny!!!! Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Top Score

I have tried both the Scor-It (hated it and expensive) and the Score Pal. I decided to go with the Top Score & Enveloper because of the double sided board and the enveloper tool. Seemed like I can do so much more with it.

Plus I got both pieces (the double sided multi-board and enveloper) and the instructional DVD for less than the Scor-It and Score Pal. It was a bargin. They are huge in the UK and just came to US around August.

Donna
www.strawberrystampers.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 AM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Thumbs up

I saw the video & passed it on to my best friend. She immediately purchased it. In one night, while at work, she did cards & envies for 60! Now all she has to do is decorate the cards. She loves it and I'll be ordering mine as soon as the funds become available.

Scrappin' each day, keeps the frowns away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2007, 04:51 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

I am going to order mine today.. It looked so easier on the demonstration but really wanted to know if it was that easy.

Thank you to all that has replied to this post.. you have made my purchase an easy purchase. I think I will buy one for my mom too.

thanks, Pam

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2007, 06:35 AM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

All the kudos about TS no has me confused. I really need to be able to make boxes in large numbers. I love the fact that TS makes quick envelopes. So, my question. -- Since boxes are my primary need, which product will do the best job for me. This will be a major part of my Christmas. DH and I are building dream shops and craft rooms so our principal gifts to each other will be cabinets. Unfortunately, I have a really long wish list of expensive craft items but will make do if I can get the storage to put them in. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Linda, I made a box the other night using the TS. On the one hand, it was easy to use once I understood the concept. I followed the steps outlined, and the box did turn out fine, but I wasn't really understanding what would happen until it was all over, lol. Once it was done, I knew I could have then gone on to whip out dozens of boxes very quickly...it's just the first one that takes longer, at least if you're making a custom box.

On the other hand, I didn't know right away how to use it to make a deep box. I'm sure you can, I was just in a hurry so I settled for a smaller box than I'd planned. I think I just need more practice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

For anyone on the fence buy it! I took was confused at first when it arrived, but after watching the video I realized how easy it was! It's amazing that two little boards can do so much! happy envelope, box making and card making! The double box for bulky cards it worth it too me! No more crunched cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #18  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylannieView Post
For anyone on the fence buy it! I took was confused at first when it arrived, but after watching the video I realized how easy it was! It's amazing that two little boards can do so much! happy envelope, box making and card making! The double box for bulky cards it worth it too me! No more crunched cards.
Love this idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

Does anyone know if it will make the A-2 envelopes (4 3/8" x 5 3/4")?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #20  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Betsy. Like SuAnn, want to know about A-2's. I had a great weekend playing with daughter in law. We were trying some new techniques and they took forever. The cards turned out cute enough for us to persevere. Fortunately we were able to cut the time as we got better -- and discovered what supplies, adhesives, etc. we needed. One time killer was getting measurements right and then mass producing the elements needed.

I met a lovely lady at Archiver's who was working on an amazing project for her daughter. Bunches of elaborately boxed invitations along with name tags for the event. She created an Excel spread sheet to keep the card stock colors, embossing powders and inks straight.

Because I have such a need for quantities on items that can be replicated for different groups of seniors or women's shelter residents, I think that might help me. Does anyone keep a notebook of projects or card layouts with dimensions, etc. listed? What about stashes of elements that can be quickly applied to cards or boxes?

Thanks for helping out this novice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

subscribing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 02:56 AM   #22  
Kookie Creator

Oh heck, and I just got notification that my Scor-pal ghas shipped!!! this sounds like it would be cheaper and have more uses!! And I waited a LONG time before I ordered the Scor pal ( welllllll, it seemed like a long time!) Can't wait to see what you guys make with the TS!

Pamm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 03:51 AM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Thumbs up

Yes, I have both the Top Score/enveloper. LOVE IT! Especially the envelope maker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 07:27 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

I have the TS and Enveloper and I just don't like it. Mine didn't come with the video - but I couldn't figure out the measurements, and I didn't like the score line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 AM   #25  
Kookie Creator

I just ordered one a few minutes ago after reading the comments here and watching the video on HSN. I don't know how much I will use the scoring board since I already have the Scor-It but the Enveloper looks pretty cool. I will let you know how I like it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMamaView Post
I have the TS and Enveloper and I just don't like it. Mine didn't come with the video - but I couldn't figure out the measurements, and I didn't like the score line.
I tried using a different scoring tool with mine and liked the score much better. I do love my Score-Pal, and I know I will use it a LOT...as in, it stays out on my desktop, lol! I do like them both, I have to say. But the Score-Pal's scoring tool definitely makes a nicer looking score than the TS.

As far as not coming with a dvd, that's too bad! I think it's really a necessity to really understand how the thing works. There's a video on their website that demos the Ultimate model (it's not available in the US, darn it!). The scoring process is the same though, as are the lines and such. You might get some useful info from watching it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRSECRZYView Post
Oh heck, and I just got notification that my Scor-pal ghas shipped!!! this sounds like it would be cheaper and have more uses!! And I waited a LONG time before I ordered the Scor pal ( welllllll, it seemed like a long time!) Can't wait to see what you guys make with the TS!
Pamm...don't stress. I use them both and I think they each have their own unique abilities...enough so that having both is valuable to me. You will love your scorepal. And really, the HSN price is low enough that it's almost the same as purchasing the Enveloper and getting the Top Score for free! So it's not as if you're doubling the money spent. (Need more? I can justify like nobody's business, lol!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oops! Sorry, Linda, I didn't see your questions. Yes, they do make A-2 envelopes. You just have to understand their terminology. They refer to our standard quarter-sheet sized cards as "1/2 US letter" cards, lol.

As for the other question...I do keep stashes of embellishments available to slap on cards. Some are just stamped and colored images, others are purchased elements. I have NO system of organizing them, though, like the spreadsheet you talked about. I'd love it if somebody would come organize me like that, lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for clearing up the terminology about A-2 envelopes. Dil and I had a great time stamping this weekend. Since Thanksgiving festivities will not be at my house, I put all my stamping stuff out on kitchen counters, bookcases, tables, island -- any flat area. We added tables and now have room for all my girls to stamp until we drop. Can't wait! The experience sure did help me rethink how I wanted to design my basement workroom. Dh and son worked on my office and storeroom so it will be ready to paint this weekend. Soon as I get all my flower arranging things (more than I want to think about) in cartons and hauled to another part of the basement, Dh will start on the gigantic craft room.

Anyone have a list of "must have's" that I should consider? After all the crafting this weekend, I decided I wanted a 5 by 10 foot table with a removable shelf to go down the center for storing "community items." That way 6 to 8 of us can mess to our heart's content. Having paper, ink, stamps, embellishments off the table helped. We still trashed the table where we worked. It was nice having a place to stash things when we switched projects. Remember this is my DREAM ROOM and I can pretty well fix it the way I want -- just have to use really cheap cabinets and counters. We are even painting the concrete floor to save so I can splurge elsewhere.
So ideas can be really "out there!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #30  
Kookie Creator

Red face

Well, my TopScore and Enveloper came today and I have been experimenting with it a little bit. I watched the DVD and the presentation was well done. I can't say I am totally impressed with the product, though. I typically make an A2 card and their envelope for that size cards comes out too big if you use their measurements. It says to use an 8-1/4" square of paper, but I used an 8" square and it worked out better. I don't like envelopes that are too large for the card inside, but that's just me. I doubt I will use the scoring board much, I mainly bought it for the envelope making. The little scorer that comes with it is not the greatest either, it drags along the paper a bit and on thinner paper you have to be careful or it will tear the paper. I got decent results using an embossing stylus instead.

My opinion? Not all that great a product. I would send it back but then I'm out the shipping plus whatever it costs to send it back and have nothing to show for it. It may end up on eBay one day.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 03:31 AM   #31  
Mad Swapper

I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't like the crafter's companion! I was beginning to think I was crazy. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 04:33 AM   #32  
Kookie Creator

I decided to just send it back. It's too much trouble to put it on eBay and I just don't like it. So I'll pay the shipping back and that will be that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2007, 05:23 AM   #33  
Forum Fanatic

My sister ordered TS/E kits for her and me last night, and they're scheduled to arrive ~Dec. 5. I'm chuffed, as I'm sure the TS will be an improvement over my current method. I'll post back once I get it and play with it a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

I got mine today and I only have been playing with the card making side of the board. I'm not sure if I like it. I have been trying to make the gatefold cards and using the board they always seem to be a little off. I went back and made sur eI had the paper cut right and I did. Then I went ahead and scored the paper to cut in half using the half lines and it turned out worse then me just cutting the paper myself. I'm not sure about this product. I will have my dh see if he can help me when he gets home. The cards are only off a little but I excepted it to be perfect!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2011, 07:34 AM   #35  
Glitter Queen

I bought a scoring board by Martha Stewart and I love it, also have a Scor Pal and use both all the time. Martha Stewart's has an envelope guide to make envelopes and yes for a A2card.

christina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #36  
Hardware Hotshot

I got a giggle opening up this thread... one I started years ago... how funny. I did buy one of those CC things... but didn't like it and returned it. Me and a friend went together in ordering our ScorPals to save on shippping and I LOVE it.. I recently was gifted the new version and LOVE it too!!! Scor-Pal Rocks!!

~ Pam

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #37  
Compulsive Stamper

Girls dont buy the score board or enveloper just yet. Theres a new one just been shown in the UK first. Its then coming to the USA, Germany etc., soon. Its called the Envelobox and the Boxer board. Its fab and theres a video with it. Try looking at Crafters Companion website, theres short videos. I have ordered mine Thursday. Gill x
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #38  
Polyshrink Goddess

Naturally I am thrilled you love the new Scor-Pal with the extra grooves, now every 1/4". Remember because there is a specialty groove at 3.66" you can turn any envelope into an envelobox, easy peasy. No need for extra boards for making boxes either, the Scor-Pal does it all and yes we have a video coming.
Diana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #39  
Rubber Obsessor

Question Anyone else want to weigh in on this?

I'm trying to choose, and am having a very hard time deciding which score board to get. They all seem so similar, yet just enough different.....The Crafter's Companion seems like a versatile tool, but I'm having a heck of a time finding reviews of it that go deeper than "I like it".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Just found this GREAT page, right here on Splitcoast! There is SO MUCH awesomeness on this site - I just need to figure out how to navigate it!

Splitcoaststampers - Product Focus
Reply With Quote Likes