Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I know I'm not alone when I say this...

...but much as I would like to check out blogs, I simply don't have the time. Therefore, please post your recipes with your gallery upload. It would be much appreciated by all of us. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Die Cut Diva

I agree, I barely have a minute to check out our gallery. I dont want to go to a blog to see the ingredients!! I also would love to hear more about the cards. Instead of......For creative details, check out my blog. I know every card has a story, mine do too. But, if you want to post it here than take the few minutes to talk about it.

Sorry, my quick rant of the day!!

BTW, nothing makes me happier than cruising the scs gallery!!! You all are sooooo talented. You never cease to amaze me!
Stazon Splitcoast

That's why I always give a little something about it and the recipe but I also include my blog webpage because I do add tons more on my blog that there isn't room for here. The uploads that just simply say 'see my blog' and nothing more, I usually skip over. That might be wrong, but it's annoying to me too. Some people like it though so each to their own I suppose.

View my BLOG
Matboard Maniac

On the opposing side of the arguement, I don't have time (much like people don't have time to check out blogs) to upload my recipes. I dont have internet at home and upload my pictures at work just to hear peoples comments and see if they favourite my cards.

Just another opinion.

Gabfest Goddess

I know this has been brought up time and again. If people are taking the time to upload "their" artwork I don't mind taking a minute to check out their blogs. They don't have to share with us at all.

My Gallery
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I think for the most part people do post the basic recipe. As far as the additional information or chitter chatter, I feel that directing to a blog is certainly reasonable, as there are many people who don't care to read all the extras. I'm left wondering why the OP is gallery less here, though?

Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by robynstampsView Post
I know this has been brought up time and again. If people are taking the time to upload "their" artwork I don't mind taking a minute to check out their blogs. They don't have to share with us at all.

I completely agree. The talented folks who share their work with us are extremely generous to post for all to see and case. In contrast to the poster who said, if they post here, they should give the recipe, I say, if we want to know the details, we should be willing to go a little further and check out their blog.

I am afraid that if a lot of people make these types of requests, many people will just quit posting their artwork to the gallery.
Mad Swapper

I guess I'm a visual learner and all I need is the photo. If I like a card enough to CASE, I don't want all the info. This way I can CASE it in my own colour choice. I suppose if there was some sort of special technique I couldn't figure out from the photo I would choose to go to the person's BLOG. Otherwise I, too, don't have the time to check out all these BLOGS out there.
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I think the OP just wants to gently remind folks just to include the basic elements.

Of course, we know that the mods of SCS have also respectfully asked that if you post a card that you also include the ingredients. From my perspective, since they host this fabulous site, they have the right to make that request and I think we should honor it. It's cool:cool:. Including a link to the blogs additionally are great for those who want further details!

Thanks to all who do both so on my "check quick" days I can just cruise the galleries and on my "I'm taking longer on the computer than a human being should" days I can let my ADD go wild and link myself into oblivion!! :mrgreen:
Kookie Creator

Thumbs up I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by austamperView Post
That's why I always give a little something about it and the recipe but I also include my blog webpage because I do add tons more on my blog that there isn't room for here. The uploads that just simply say 'see my blog' and nothing more, I usually skip over. That might be wrong, but it's annoying to me too. Some people like it though so each to their own I suppose.
This may seem petty, but I refuse to comment on or favorite a post to the gallery that comes without a recipe and points the way to a blog. And no way will I click on the link to the blog. I do not want to be coerced into helping someone increase their blog traffic. I don't mind the posts that do point the way to the blog but give at least a basic recipe. Sometimes I'll even click on the link to the blog.

As for not having time to write in the recipe . . . come on . . . taking an extra 30 seconds to at least fill in the name of the stamp set and inks and papers you used isn't that much of a time killer. No one is asking for an itemized list of every supply you used, where you bought it, and how much it cost.
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

I TOTALY understand your comment!! I use to put the recipe on my blog.... but than I read complaints about doing that & I agreed. So now I do it differently...

I put the recipe on my SCS gallery & than when I upload the project on my blog I link the recipe to my SCS gallery. That way it brings more traffic to SCS & my readers can see my entire gallery & other galleries too. It's a WIN WIN!!!

I have to admit. I'm a little behind on my SCS gallery & sometimes I don't do the recipe at all. But never fear...I'm slapin' my hand right now and I PROMISE to be better at it. ;-)
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I agree with this too.

View my BLOG
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by parisotrembaView Post
I TOTALY understand your comment!! I use to put the recipe on my blog.... but than I read complaints about doing that & I agreed. So now I do it differently...

I put the recipe on my SCS gallery & than when I upload the project on my blog I link the recipe to my SCS gallery. That way it brings more traffic to SCS & my readers can see my entire gallery & other galleries too. It's a WIN WIN!!!

I have to admit. I'm a little behind on my SCS gallery & sometimes I don't do the recipe at all. But never fear...I'm slapin' my hand right now and I PROMISE to be better at it. ;-)

Yeah I do it basically the same, but opposite. *LOL* I put it on my blog first and then on SCS. But sometimes I put things on my blog that I don't put on SCS and vice versa.

View my BLOG
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11Valerie11View Post
I think for the most part people do post the basic recipe. As far as the additional information or chitter chatter, I feel that directing to a blog is certainly reasonable, as there are many people who don't care to read all the extras. I'm left wondering why the OP is gallery less here, though?
The reason I don't have a gallery is that I don't have a scanner at home and the scanner at work is just black & white.
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittypawsView Post
The reason I don't have a gallery is that I don't have a scanner at home and the scanner at work is just black & white.
Ah ha! That would be a good reason. Truth be told, now a days most uploads are done with a digital camera and software, they *look* much more presentable and dimensional. Scanners are so, well, flat.

Kookie Creator

Along the same lines as the OP.... I really hope to not offend anyone by saying this but here goes...

I LOVE looking at the color challenges! It gets awfully time consuming when many, many of the posts are just saying``thanks`` or great colors!

It would be so much easier to look at them without the other comments that dont have a sample with them.
Sassy Sarcastic Stamper

Quote:

I agree 100% with this. I'm a "for more creative info, check out my blog" writer. I do it because I babble on my blog about how I created the card, and go into detail. I always include the supplies I used here on SCS, but I don't feel like I have to retype the entire story all over again. Someone doesn't want to comment or favorite my card? No problem, that's not why I upload or blog. I do it to share and I do it for me.
Mad Swapper

Default I agree!

Quote:

Anytime someone wants to share with me, I will take what is available. I love to check to blogs to hear a little about the person who made the card.
Google Master

you could always copy and paste the "main" details...it would help.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Thank you - it means so much to me when people do. I appreciate those who think this way

I put all my recipe in my gallery but I tell my "story" on my blog. I love people to visit my blog - it actually means a lot to me. Why? I don't know. It is a body of work, of heart. Doesnt make sense, but there you go.

It is one click that takes what, 1 second? Open a new tab. boom.

You may just find more than a card.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't mind links to blogs, but I do appreciate a direct link to the specific recipe. For me, I might not have a lot of time to dig around someone's blog at the moment, but if I like what I see, I bookmark it for later cruising.
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Completely agree. SCS artists do not have to share their artwork at all. If I really want to look at the recipe than I go to the blog.
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Thank you - it means so much to me when people do. I appreciate those who think this way

I put all my recipe in my gallery but I tell my "story" on my blog. I love people to visit my blog - it actually means a lot to me. Why? I don't know. It is a body of work, of heart. Doesnt make sense, but there you go.

It is one click that takes what, 1 second? Open a new tab. boom.

You may just find more than a card.
1 second??? lol..you have my dial up..more like a day..loves ya

When the world says give up, hope whispers, try one more time.
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadineKView Post
Along the same lines as the OP.... I really hope to not offend anyone by saying this but here goes...

I LOVE looking at the color challenges! It gets awfully time consuming when many, many of the posts are just saying``thanks`` or great colors!

It would be so much easier to look at them without the other comments that dont have a sample with them.
If that's the case, then find *one* post in the challenge thread with a link to a card. Then, after viewing that card, click on the "keyword" which is a link to the gallery full of that week's color challenge cards. That will prevent you from having to scroll through the thread at all. I am sure Emily appreciates being thanked in the forum and I for one will continue to do so.
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadineKView Post

Then don't look at the responses to the color challenge. If you simply want to see what people have created, use the title of the keyword (WT123 etc.) to search the gallery. That way you can see all the creations without the chit chat!

For example if you searched the galleries for today's color challenge CC136 you would see all these

Hope that helps!
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by *SeikasHaven*View Post
Then don't look at the responses to the color challenge. If you simply want to see what people have created, use the title of the keyword (WT123 etc.) to search the gallery. That way you can see all the creations without the chit chat!

For example if you searched the galleries for today's color challenge CC136 you would see all these

Hope that helps!
Thanks! I didn't think of going that way! Much appreciated!
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

JulieHRR says it all succinctly in this thread : Splitcoast needs Your Help!!

I will pm a person and kindly ask them to include their recipes here a well. Sometimes, I may even use the "*report" feature to report no info ...

It takes no more time to put it here as well as a blog. Cut and paste are wonderful features that more people should take advantage of.

I have no problem with blog links, but I prefer the recipe here, and if I'm more interested, I'll go to the blog, but not often.
Die Cut Diva

Gee, I really didn't mean to open a whole can of worms - I don't mean to offend anyone. One of the reasons I started this thread was because I am in an area that still only has dial-up service, and because of this everything comes up very slowly. That's one reason I don't have time to visit blogs, although I probably would if I had high-speed internet. I also do not have a digital camera, so that option for uploading is out, also. My apologies if I have offended anybody - I would just like to have, if nothing else, the names of the stamps used and the colors of the inks and cardstock.
Sassy Sarcastic Stamper

Quote:

Gee, I really didn't mean to open a whole can of worms - I don't mean to offend anyone. One of the reasons I started this thread was because I am in an area that still only has dial-up service, and because of this everything comes up very slowly. That's one reason I don't have time to visit blogs, although I probably would if I had high-speed internet. I also do not have a digital camera, so that option for uploading is out, also. My apologies if I have offended anybody - I would just like to have, if nothing else, the names of the stamps used and the colors of the inks and cardstock.

I completely agree with you! If the basics aren't on there, then yes, I get peeved. I do list and all the ingredients and why I made the card when I upload though. If someone wants the entire story of the card, they can click on my blog link, if not, no biggie. I just don't think I should have to include the entire, how ever many paragraphs, on my upload here at SCS too. KWIM? I've had people PM me for more info and I always answer their questions.

I don't fault you for not having a gallery. A lot of members don't have them for whatever reason, and that's ok. For those that do share, though, as long as the basics are there, I'm grateful.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I don't have dial up...but I still don't have time to read blogs. I never case a card,so it doesn't matter as much to me if they post the whole recipe or not...but sometimes it is nice to see what paper and stamp company(if i want to buy that image)they have used. I have a subscription to 3 blogs and I get an email update when they post...and to be honest...I don't read it most of the time...I just look at the pictures!!! Sorry...just don't have time.....maybe if I could stay off SCS,I'd have the time.....but its nice to have a life as well.
Die Cut Diva

I don't have a blog, and I don't post recipes. I notice I get less comments than other stampers who I feel I am just as talented as. I don't have time to post the recipes or, frankly, the desire to figure out what company the items were from. There are just too many that I use, and I often just do not know. However, when I am directly asked about an item, I do respond to the person asking. I wish that those who think my work is good enough to "favorite" would leave a comment. I just think that's the polite thing to do. As others have mentioned as well, I think posting pictures at all is a nice thing to do.
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Alice*View Post
I don't have a blog, and I don't post recipes. I notice I get less comments than other stampers who I feel I am just as talented as. I don't have time to post the recipes or, frankly, the desire to figure out what company the items were from. There are just too many that I use, and I often just do not know. However, when I am directly asked about an item, I do respond to the person asking. I wish that those who think my work is good enough to "favorite" would leave a comment. I just think that's the polite thing to do. As others have mentioned as well, I think posting pictures at all is a nice thing to do.
Alice,
your gallery is VERY underappreciated. your work is beautiful. i think some of it has to do with non-SU stamps. I've found that in my gallery, my SU cards get more comments than my TAC and others. Also, some won't comment unless you leave info. If you can click on it, atleast leave a comment. JMO

Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

You do have some nice cards in your gallery...I feel sure you aren't getting comments because of lack of information. I understand people's time constraints,but it really takes seconds to type SU or bazzill or palette noir. The stamps all have the company printed on them..the DP has the company on it. Before I load a photo I have all the info written down about each card...that way I don't have to look after the card is loaded to SCS...I do it while I'm loading it to my computer.I don't go into details,but I do put the basics down. Once again...nice cards.
Matboard Maniac

Amen KittyPaws! I love to read the blogs but I find myself spending so much time reading the blogs that I'M NOT STAMPING, which is what I should be doing! I agree that it's a hassle to post every detail -- honestly I have no idea where I got some of the ribbon, brads, and other detail items. I always know, however what stamp set I used and I do get peeved when people won't even post that. Sometimes I just want to know what it is in case I like it so much I'd like to buy it/borrow it/trade some stampings. I don't think that posting at least the brand and set name is too much to ask.
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I appreciate every card and every blog. They are so much fun to peruse. I am a bum - I don't even have a gallery. I really appreciate those of you who share your work. Many is the time I have gotten off on a tangent because of the links that I find either in the gallery or even in the forums. That's probably why I don't have more time to review more cards -------- but it's all fun. Thank you all.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Alice you have beautiful cards!
Suzy

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

This happens ALL the time....just consider it a compliment from someone who is too busy to comment--that is what I do. What really cracks me up though is the number of people who will pm you for more details about something but then they never leave you a comment....Craziness!!

I appreciate anyone who shares their artwork and dont mind going to blogs for the added info or tutorials but everyone should post the general info and I think most people do.

That being said---I think next time I post a card I will put..."for more info, go to my blog." Heehee...(I dont have one!):twisted:
Stazon Splitcoast

I feel like if you have time to upload a photo (that takes the most time out of the whole process IMO) then you can leave basic information about the card. You don't even HAVE to write the info down because you can see a thumbnail of your card as you type. You don't have to write paragraphs and tell us your life story- but if you could PLEASE put what stamps you used and the colors, etc. more people would benefit from your uploaded card.

If you are only uploading your cards only to see how many comments and opinions you receive- then shame on you! This is a sharing site- and people should upload to SHARE information (such as cs colors stamps, etc.) not to feed your ego. (I will probably get flamed for this- but I stand by my principle on this one....) Most people come to this site to get ideas- if you want people to comment on your cards then share your ideas- even if it is as simple as colors and stamps (or even the stamp companies for crying out loud!) then put a very basic recipe in your description. It doesn't take but 30 second longer.

Ok. I am done ranting now!
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherryLC05View Post
I feel like if you have time to upload a photo (that takes the most time out of the whole process IMO) then you can leave basic information about the card. You don't even HAVE to write the info down because you can see a thumbnail of your card as you type. You don't have to write paragraphs and tell us your life story- but if you could PLEASE put what stamps you used and the colors, etc. more people would benefit from your uploaded card.

If you are only uploading your cards only to see how many comments and opinions you receive- then shame on you! This is a sharing site- and people should upload to SHARE information (such as cs colors stamps, etc.) not to feed your ego. (I will probably get flamed for this- but I stand by my principle on this one....) Most people come to this site to get ideas- if you want people to comment on your cards then share your ideas- even if it is as simple as colors and stamps (or even the stamp companies for crying out loud!) then put a very basic recipe in your description. It doesn't take but 30 second longer.

Ok. I am done ranting now!
I'm not gonna flame, but I don't really think anyone was saying that. I certainly hope I didn't come across as saying that. I think that sometimes someone may upload a card because they just loved what they did and want to share and I AGREE that the info is nice, but if I like a card I will comment on it info or not. Now the key is getting off of these darn forums to look at the gallery.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Forum Fanatic

Quote:

...but much as I would like to check out blogs, I simply don't have the time. Therefore, please post your recipes with your gallery upload. It would be much appreciated by all of us. Thanks!
Hear, hear! I don't have the time either, so I completely appreciate it when people simply list recipes. It doesn't take much effort. I absolutely refuse to go to a blog for a recipe, regardless of how much I like the card. I just simply don't have a lot of extra time.

You haven't offended me at all.

I also think that SCS (won't speak for the Noltas personally) has stated before that a simple recipe is appreciated and not "just" a link to a blog. Both are wonderful!