Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:41 PM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ***LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLENGE 16*** We want YOU to Play!!!

It's Friday and time for another LIMITED SUPPLY CHALLENGE!! Remember what it was like before you had a whole room full of stamping supplies? Let's see what everyone can come up with from this list. Remember that you can use any combination of things on this list, but you cannot use anything not listed below. When you upload your card to the gallery please put LSC16 in the keyword section and post a link to this thread so we can all go look. Everyone is welcome to play - even if you've never done a challenge before...please join us!!!

This week's focus will be a little different. What is the supply that most of us have in the most limited quantity???? TIME!!!! So here's the challenge: You need a truly special birthday card for a close friend, a wonderful family member, or a sweet co-worker (choose one) and you want it to be something that somehow relates to that person (flowers for a gardener, humurous for someone who always makes you laugh, heartfelt for that dear one - whatever). Here's the problem - you only have 20 minutes total start to finish (including getting out your supplies and putting them away when you're finished) because you're in a real time crunch. Can you create something you consider on par with your best work and something the recipient will appreciate/connect with in such short time??? Let's see what you've got!!! (I'm a very slow stamper with limited time so I can really relate to this one!) When you post your creation please let us know how much time it took you start to finish. You can take as much time as you want planning in your head as long as you're not actually gathering supplies. Clock starts once you start doing that.

Supplies:

Stamps:
Choose up to 3 sets that you have not used at all in any way in the last 2 weeks.

Cardstock: Choose 1 color family plus 1 neutral (white, vanilla, confetti, natural) + vellum and stick with only the colors in that family. (for purposes of this challenge we will consider all new colors a family of it's own)

Ink: Same as above + black and versamark

Accessories: Fibers, EP, heat gun, markers, aquapainter, pastels, brayer, glitter, adhesives of your choice, eyelets & setters
PLUS Any regular household item such as bleach, staples, waxpaper, etc.

If you can't upload to the gallery you can still play at home. You don't need everything on the list to play. Just use what you have. If your card takes more than 20 minutes then of course still post and let us know how long it took. I know I often (as leslierich says) "lose control of my own stamping".

You are more than welcome to combine this challenge with any of the other challenges going on during the week.

I'm sorry I didn't get this up earlier today. We have our 11 year old niece for the weekend, so I've been busy busy busy. Tomorrow is Universal Studios. So I'll check in when I can. Have fun with the challenge!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 04:08 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I'm not quite understanding this challenge. The idea is time frame, but then I read on and I can only use 3 sets I haven't used in the last 2 weeks. I'm disqualified. I've done a lot of stamping and I'm still quite new. I don't think I have 3 sets I haven't used that would apply to a very special birthday especially since I wouldn't be able to use a sentiment. I think I may understand the reasoning being that you don't want us to simply CASE something we've already done in the past with just minor changes like in colors?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 07:26 AM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Received 277 Likes on 190 Posts
Smile

Oh crud Jami, I was so not ready for this one. Geezzz, this will require some thinking. Where's my tea????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Jen, I'm thinking that the sets used should not have been from another LSC. Jami can correct me if I'm wrong. Hope this helps get ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 07:50 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
I guess I'm not quite understanding this challenge. The idea is time frame, but then I read on and I can only use 3 sets I haven't used in the last 2 weeks. I'm disqualified. I've done a lot of stamping and I'm still quite new. I don't think I have 3 sets I haven't used that would apply to a very special birthday especially since I wouldn't be able to use a sentiment. I think I may understand the reasoning being that you don't want us to simply CASE something we've already done in the past with just minor changes like in colors?
Jen - you are totally right about the reasoning being to stretch beyond sort of "CASEing" something you recently did. But in your case (or anyone) if you've used everything in the last couple of weeks then just go with the time part of the challenge. The limited sets part is to help people use things they haven't used lately. Does that make sense?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks Jami!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Mine is up. It took me exactly 21 minutes, but as I said in my description, I spent several minutes trying to track down my hammer. It wasn't in my eyelets drawer where I put it. Kids! And not sure if this is cheating or not, but the sets I used I couldn't have used in the past 3 weeks because I just got them Thursday night Elegant Time Challenge

Docorate of De-Edumacation, Lawd, How Cum granted by Rainsong

"What's life if not doing things for other people?" Martin Gray

Eesay ymay allerygay !

ymay amperedpay efchay usinessbay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 09:43 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just went back to my gallery. I haven't used Winged Things for 2 weeks and 2 days! So, I'll use that! And I haven't made a pocket card in months, so I've decided on that for my sis. I just received On the Beach 2 days ago and have made only one card with it, so I may use that one for my mom. Now I have to figure out the rest before I start the time clock! I'll have lots of think time while I'm getting my hair done.

Edited:
OK, so much for plans. The Winged Things (coloring) on the pocket card took way too much time. Plus I goofed and used an ink outside the color family. I'm a newbie that orders random colors!

But I received a new set in the mail, today. Fresh Fruits... so I made a B-Day card for a co-worker. Here it is:

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Last edited by CardFanatic; 06-18-2005 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2005, 10:03 AM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

I have a card in mind and my only hold up is a photo I need from a friend. I'm not going to start the clock until she emails me the photo and then I'm going to roll.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 07:46 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Stamp'n In The Light

Ok, pending approval here's my card:

Took a total of 20 min including getting stuff for the kids to stamp their own cards, otherwise would have been shorter.

Note to self: do no further challenges with BOTH kids awake.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 05:49 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

This card took me 22 minutes. If you take out the 3 minutes I stopped to answer my DH's question, then it took 19. LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #12  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jami, I just uploaded my 17min and 24sec. card. That was a challenge. I even liked the results. The BG is soft and the Stazon made the trees and Birthday wishes very crisp. I was really excited to find the pinecone in my stash. Thanks again for your fun challenges. Nancy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2005, 05:15 PM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

oops

Splitcoast member #803
My Gallery
Read my LATEST STORY on OurEcho.com
http://www.ourecho.com/biography-200...rie-Hyle.shtml

Last edited by vcm3007; 06-23-2005 at 05:19 PM.. Reason: deleted...wrong forum!
Reply With Quote Likes