Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2005, 06:27 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Encouragement Please

How do you find time to stamp and create all these wonderful projects. They are completely amazing and yet I have a cabinet full of stamps and supplies I find that after a year I am still a newbie who never has time to stamp. Please tell me not to give up! What are you tricks?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 06:37 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It can help to set aside one evening a week that is just for you to have fun.

I know some women who can "do it all". I'm not one of them. I accept it. And, I accept the fact that in order to do what I enjoy most, sometimes I have to let go of other things . . . My house is not spotless . . . Sometimes, ya' gotta let the killer dust bunnies take over the world. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:05 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Default Oh Yeah!

I'm with Julie, you have to MAKE time for stamping! And if that means not cleaning one day, then go for it!
It helps to have a special place for stamping, or the kitchen table if that's not possible. Gather all the stuff you need for your project (try case-ing a card from SCS!) and just go for it! It's so rewarding in the end, when you are looking at your beautiful creation!]
I get 99% of my inspiration right here on SCS. Sometimes I start out to "copy" a card someone made, and then my own creativity takes over and who knows what you will end up with! It's definitely worth the time and trouble, just do what Julie said and make a date with yourself to stamp one day or night! You'll be glad you did! (and don't forget to post your creation on the SCS gallery!!!)
~~~~HUGS~~~~
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:08 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Housework?! JulieHRR, you actually do some? Do I have time for housework? Well, there are times when I MUST stamp and what goes is the housework that isn't a 'must do'.......like dusting. My balancing job doesn't include just housework but many other things as well: Cruise-in chairman and Newsletter editor for car club, treasurer for a different car club, membership and trophy chairman for Rhododendron Society.....then there is church (choir, Sunday School teacher, VBS craft leader).....then babysitting my granddaughter three days a week. Nap times are precious stamping time. Sure am glad I don't work......I don't have the time!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:26 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

notice my quote! Join a group, stamp club or start one. I tell ya I have to leave the stuff out and I work ( just like quilting and sewing) 5,10 15 min at a time when time is tight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:28 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
Housework?! JulieHRR, you actually do some? Do I have time for housework? Well, there are times when I MUST stamp and what goes is the housework that isn't a 'must do'.......like dusting. My balancing job doesn't include just housework but many other things as well: Cruise-in chairman and Newsletter editor for car club, treasurer for a different car club, membership and trophy chairman for Rhododendron Society.....then there is church (choir, Sunday School teacher, VBS craft leader).....then babysitting my granddaughter three days a week. Nap times are precious stamping time. Sure am glad I don't work......I don't have the time!!!

Oh dear!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:32 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I am in the same position.

Then, I decided to become a demo, in July. Well, my upline is including me in meetings now, so I HAVE to make swaps for meetings. By me having to stamp, I stamp.

I also look for techniques and tutorials, bcs I want to contribute in meetings. So, I am learning all kinds of stuff and getting all kinds of info to share.

I am not saying become a demo, but join a swap, then you HAVE to stamp - you can not let the others down! At least that is what makes m stamp - horrible to want to please people, but it works for me.

I hope this will lead to me making time to just stamp on my own.

[email protected]

"The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears"

-Frances Bacon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have my stamping area set up so that it is separate from a table I have to clear up for my family to use on a regular basis. I often have a task that I may not like to do like clean my bathroom(s) and then use 30 minutes of stamping as a reward. I have to set the timer and then do another task and then come back to it. I try to pick out a card I like or a scrapbook page I want to do and have the idea already in mind so that when I sit down to stamp I am productive. I will often use little increments of time to set out the paper, stamps, and other things I will need. I must admit though that setting aside a longer period of time is my favorite way to do it. If I invite a few friends over then that time is set in stone. HTH

Karen

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/kzimbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 08:04 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Honestly, I think the best tip of all is to stamp in the evening when you usually might be watching tv. When I am mindful to actually do stuff during that time instead of letting myself getting sucked into watching something, I get lots of stamping done.
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 08:05 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

Don't give up! If you are day-timer/calendar person schedule a stamping time (like Julie said).

I like to make freezer meals or "planned-overs meals" and on the days we eat those I stamp during the hour before dinner instead of cooking! The same thing works with the yummy lasanga from Costco or something from those make a bunch of dinners places.

I also rarely watch TV - I'd rather stamp!
Anita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess_witty
Honestly, I think the best tip of all is to stamp in the evening when you usually might be watching tv. When I am mindful to actually do stuff during that time instead of letting myself getting sucked into watching something, I get lots of stamping done.
I agree! I started feeling guilty about all the stamp stuff that I have and was hardly using, so I started "making" myself stamp. Sometimes, it really does help to just CASE something from here just so I feel like I did something. Also, I used to only stamp when I "needed" a specific card, but I've started stamping a little more and have built up a littl box of extras, so that is really nice. Now, mind you, not all of my cards are complicated creations, most of them are clean, neat and simple.

My gallery
My blog!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 08:34 AM   #12  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamps&cars
Housework?! JulieHRR, you actually do some?
Alas, the scullery maids here at the palace are rather elusive . . . :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 09:16 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am relatively new as well and had the same thoughts. One of the things that I have done is joined a couple of swaps. Now I didn't have the nerve to join a swap until I saw one for newbies which I thought was a great idea. I did that one and was so excited when I got my swaps back that I joined another. Once I committed to the swap it forced me to make the time to get it done and the bonus was that I got some great ideas.

Good luck. Fortunately there is lots of great inspiration here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

I actually try to stamp during the day while DH is at work. I feel that when I stamp and he is home that I am robbing myself of time with him. Sometimes I work like mad in the morning then reward myself with stamping in the afternoon for a couple of hours. The best days are the ones when DH is at work and I don't have GD to babysit. Sometimes I take the bigger blocks of time and design. Then on the days when I can catch only a few minutes I assemble.
Reply With Quote Likes