View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #17
stagccva
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNN -- Sat, 7:00 PM EST Resisting Autumn

Resisting Autumn

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Frances (StampOwl)
Keyword: SEP07VSNN
Time: 7:00 PM EST, Sat

Autumn is a time for me when the weather is starting to get cooler, no more hot sweltering days. The cooler days do make things more pleasant for us to do stuff especially where stamping is involved. So why am I resisting autumn you ask??? Well for me autumn also reminds me that winter is not all that far away, I am not a fan of being cold! As I live in Australia winter has only just gone for us, I am ready for some warmer weather, so yes I am definitely resisting the thought of autumn!. My challenge to you is to create a card using some form of resist technique. There are a number of different resist techniques to choose from here are a few tutorials which might help you, but of course if you know another resist type technique you are welcome to use that.

Here are some links that might help you:

Crayon Resist Tutorial by Beate:
Embossing Resist Tutorial by Beate:
Mulberry Batik Tutorial by Erika:
Wax Paper Resist Tutorial by Beate:

The gallery for this challenge is here!

Chatting about this thread is happening here!

In the samples below, the first is Frances' (stampowl) and the second is Taylor's (stagccva).

**Several of the tutorials have their own galleries, so when you upload your card choose that gallery, rather than the stamp set gallery (they are listed under Technique Spotlights). If you have any questions, just ask!!**

Uploading Instructions:
*You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stampowl.jpg (138.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg N - Fall Butterfly.JPG (112.6 KB, 110 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-08-2007 at 04:11 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!