Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2007, 04:04 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEP07VSN Master Challenge Thread - Locked thread, please don't post here!

VSN will begin at 6pm ET on Friday night. And Noon ET on Saturday (see post #7 here for other time zones) You will also find the VSN schedule forms in the same post, in both a word and an Adobe format.

If you have general VSN questions - ask them on this thread:
VSN S'talking

This round of VSN will be encorporating a special bonus challenge that will run along with the Children's challenges. Make sure you use the appropriate key words for each of the challenges.

Any challenge specific questions you have should be posted to the challenge chat thread (they will be posted when each challenge is announced and a link will be provided within this thread).

Deadline for uploading your submissions is Sunday September 9 at 3 p.m. ET.

We hope you can join us for as many challenges as you can participate in this weekend. Remember that although we are allowing an hour between each challenge, you must complete your project within the 45 minute time limit.

You may play a challenge whenever you can - but you must complete the challenge within 45 min (after your start) and all submissions must be uploaded by the Sunday 3 pm ET deadline.

Happy Stamping!
Patty & Taylor

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges

Last edited by kthaman; 09-07-2007 at 03:24 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!

Default SEP07VSNA-Fri 6PM-PC Pets!

SEP07VSNA - Fri 6PM - PC Pets!
Pipe Cleaner pets

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Joni (jstarbright)
Keyword: SEP07VSNA
Time: 6:00 PM EST, Fri

Be sure to upload to the Kids Gallery ( not the regular SCS Gallery ) so we’ll be able to locate the cards for judging. Upload to : Gallery/Special Collections/I’d Like to Thank the Little People
When uploading, be sure to use the appropriate challenge keyword for age group:

* Ages 0-4 Sep07VSNA04
* Ages 5-8 Sep07VSNA58
* Ages 9-12 Sep07VSNA912
* Ages 13-17 Sep07VSNA1317
* Adults Sep07VSNAADULT

No tree house would be complete without a pet, so tonight we are making a pet using pipe cleaners. Your pet can be an indoor or outdoor pet, use your imagination and I can't wait to see what you come up with. These pets are perfect because they require no feeding and make no messes or noise. These animals are made by using one pipe cleaner for the body and one for the head. For the rest of the animal you can use pieces of pipe cleaner or scraps of paper.

Materials:
Pipe Cleaners
Small pieces of pipe cleaners, scrap pieces of paper.
Marker
Glue
Scissors

Instructions:

1. Make a loop in the middle of the pipe cleaner. Size and shape will depend on the size and shape of the head. Start from the neck and go to the nose.

2. Coil another pipe cleaner around a marker if the marker is thicker the body will be bigger, if it is thinner the body will be smaller. After coiling slide the pipe cleaner off the marker.

3. Slide the body over the backbone (second half of pipe cleaner used for the head).

4. Cut pipe cleaner for legs and slip over tail, twisting to secure.

5. Slip front legs behind first coil and twist to secure.

6.Unfold one ear, slide through the top of the head, and shape as desired. Bend pipe cleaner for tail, paws, etc. Cut face from scrap paper and glue to attach.

7. Use scissors to trim any areas where needed and add any special marking
using a permanent marker.

Here is another link for creating your PC Pet!
http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=10781

And this link has a short video tutorial too:

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...s-dinosaur.htm

Link to Chat Thread - make your comments here

View Submissions for this Challenge

Thanks for playing!

Uploading Instructions:
*You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by kthaman; 09-08-2007 at 07:38 PM..

Default SEP07VSNBonus - Fri, 6PM and Sat, 12PM ~~Random Acts of Kindness Bonus Challenge ~~

Random Acts of Kindness ~ Bonus Challenge

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Katherine (beadfreak22)
Keyword: SEP07VSNBonus
Time: Fri, 6PM EST and Sat, 12PM EST

In the spirit of RAKKING this challenge will not be entered into the Honors gallery. Everyone who RAKS someone is already honorable;)

Fall is a time of change. Temperatures grow cool, leaves change color, summer clothes are put away and sweaters brought out, and the lazy days of summer turn into school days chock-full of activities.

Change can be positive and exciting. Other times it can be scary, stressful, or sad. One thing is certain ~ change happens. For this bonus challenge, we ask that you support your Splitcoast Sistahs as they navigate the twists and turns in their lives.

Visit either the ”Need a Lift” or RAK (Random Act of Kindness) forum, choose a RAK request, and design a card for the RAK-ee. When you post your card, please include a link to the RAK request, and your comments about why and how the request touched your heart. When you are done, mail your card and make someone’s day!

Need a Lift Forum: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...splay.php?f=63

RAK Forum: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...splay.php?f=30

Uploading Instructions:
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by kthaman; 09-07-2007 at 03:28 PM..

Default SEP07VSNB - Fri 7PM - Smashing Autumn!

SMASHING AUTUMN!:rolleyes:

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Faith (markie's mom)
Keyword: SEP07VSNB
Time: 7:00 PM EST, Fri

Hello!

Fall is my favorite time of year. Way back in the 70's, our family lived on the C & O Canal which is a National Park. As a child, I never realized that we lived in paradise. (City living and a warm climate have taught me to enjoy simple pleasures.)

Each fall, the leaves changed from greens to rich hues of oranges, browns, yellows, reds and purples. It created a virtual riot of colors that fascinated my young mind. Still, today, my fondest memories include sitting along the Potomac River bank, (Maryland side), and gazing at the West Virginia trees ablaze with color.

In honor of my favorite season and memories, I challenge you to use AUTUMN COLORS with the Ink, Spray and Smash Technique to create a background for your card.

Full Tutorial Here:
http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspo...%20and%20Smash
Sample Here:
[IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=60127&thumb=1&d=1186285408[/IMG]

Thanks for playing!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bog3 041.jpg (29.8 KB, 300 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by pattyb; 09-08-2007 at 07:25 AM..

Default SEP07VSNC Fri 8pm ~ Trick or Treat

Knock, Knock...Trick or Treat

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Trina (beena)
Keyword: SEP07VSNC
Time: 8:00 PM EST, Fri

One of the things that I enjoy the most about the fall (besides the leaves, pumpkins, mums and scarecrows,) is that Halloween is right around the corner! Since I have a major sweet tooth and have been known to ransack my kids� candy in my day, I thought it would be fun to do a Halloween-themed challenge.

My challenge for you is to make a 2,4,6,8 box that can be used to put a few small pieces of candy in it, like a trick or treat bag.

These boxes are soo much fun and easy to make. As I was preparing for VSN, I came across an AWESOME tutorial by AmyR. She makes it look so easy with step by step instructions!

Her tutorial, on her blog, can be found here.

http://prairiepaperandink.typepad.co...468_boxes.html

Chat thread

Have fun!�

Uploading Instructions:

Here's my sample...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beena_sep07vsnC.jpg (73.5 KB, 202 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by pattyb; 09-07-2007 at 04:02 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSND -- Fri, 9PM EST -- Falling in Love

Falling in Love
Autumn Fairy Hostess: Kim (nutsymuhl)
Keyword: SEP07VSND
Time: 9:00 PM EST, Fri

Pretty colored leaves, sunflowers, mums, haybales....what do all these things remind you of? Fall you say? Why no, silly...it's wedding decor! Did you know that September follows June and August as the month most people get married in? The first day of fall holds a special place in my heart because I was married on that day.

My challenge to you is to make a card for someone you love using stamps that you love! It doesn't have to be a wedding card, just create for someone you love in your life (spouse, child, parent, friend). If possible, and you'd like to share when you upload your creation, share what makes you love your stamps you used!

View the gallery for this challenge here

Chat about this challenge here!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nutsymuhl1.JPG (87.3 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg Nutsymuhl2.JPG (87.5 KB, 176 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-07-2007 at 05:46 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNE~~Fri, 10PM EST~~Falling in Love...With Baby

Falling In Love...With Baby!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Jen (genie1314)
Keyword: SEP07VSNE
Time: 10:00 PM EST, Fri

10 little fingers, 10 little toes, angel lips and a button nose�

Who can resist falling in love with a baby? Not me, that�s for sure! They are so sweet, innocent, and cuddly�most of the time, at least!

It�s no secret that I love to make baby cards, so I am presenting that challenge to you. Now I know that everyone can play along with this one, and I sure hope that you will have fun with it! You may use any stamp or sentiment as long as the card is made for a new baby or an expecting mom/couple.

In the samples below, Jen's (genie1314) sample is on the left, and Karen's (kthaman) is on the right

Challenge Submissions can be seen here!
Chat about this challenge here!

Uploading Instructions:
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-07-2007 at 06:09 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNF -- Fri, 11:00 PM EST -- Halloween Candy

Halloween Candy

Keyword: SEP07VSNF
Time: 11:00 PM EST, Fri

When I think of Fall, I think of colorful leaves, crisp apples, sweater weather, and� Halloween candy! Your challenge is to make a card in the shape and colors of your favorite Halloween candy. Your card does not need to have a Halloween or candy theme ~ it can be any kind of card you like. Just let your mind drift to that mouth-watering candy, and let your imagination soar!

In the samples below, the first two are Katherine's (beadfreak22) and the third is Taylor's (stagccva)

View this challenge's gallery here

Chat about this challenge here

Uploading Instructions:
File Type: jpg F - Thank You PB Cup.jpg (30.9 KB, 149 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-07-2007 at 07:04 PM..

Default SEP07VSNG~~Sat, 12PM EST~~Leaf Rubbings!!~~

Leaf Rubbings!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Denise (resqbarbie)
Keyword: SPECIAL CODES BY AGE GROUP (see below)
Time: 12:00 PM EST, Sat
Be sure to upload all kid cards to the Kids Gallery ( not the regular SCS Gallery ) so we�ll be able to locate the cards for judging. Upload to : Gallery/Special Collections/I�d Like to Thank the Little People
When uploading, be sure to use the appropriate challenge keyword for age group:

* Ages 0-4 Sep07VSNG04
* Ages 5-8 Sep07VSNG58
* Ages 9-12 Sep07VSNG912
* Ages 13-17 Sep07VSNG1317
* Adults Sep07VSNGADULT

One thing I always remember doing as a kid living in NY, is collecting leaves in the fall...then the crafty girl in me would take them inside and make some kind of art project with them! For this challenge, go out with your kids and have a fun nature walk, pick up some cool leaves and do some leaf rubbings to make fun and interesting backgrounds! Just put the leaf under paper (thin paper works best), use crayons to rub over the leaf, and voila! Instant background! Have fun and don't forget to "smell the roses", er, I mean the leaves!

PS... I know in many areas it's still "Summer" and leaves are hard to find on the ground but we just picked some from our garden! We used hydrangea leaves and even some herbs! Made it smell nice too!

Samples:
The first is by my DD Gia (age 4)...I think she watches me too much 'cause she said "I need a saying and a ribbon Ma!"
The second is by my DS Chris (age 2 1/2)...he just wanted to get more leaves!

CHAT HERE!

View gallery submissions here

Uploading Instructions:

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Default Random Acts of Kindness Bonus Challenge ~ Saturday Noon version

Here's the Bonus Challenge write-up with a sentence added about playing more than once and a different sample card:

Random Acts of Kindness ~ Bonus Challenge

Keyword: SEP07VSNBonus
Time: Fri, 6PM EST and Sat, 12PM EST

** IF YOU PLAYED THIS CHALLENGE LAST NIGHT, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PLAY AGAIN! THERE'S NO LIMIT TO THE NUMBER OF LIVES YOU CAN TOUCH!!**

Fall is a time of change. Temperatures grow cool, leaves change color, summer clothes are put away and sweaters brought out, and the lazy days of summer turn into school days chock-full of activities.

Change can be positive and exciting. Other times it can be scary, stressful, or sad. One thing is certain ~ change happens. For this bonus challenge, we ask that you support your Splitcoast Sistahs as they navigate the twists and turns in their lives.

Visit either the ”Need a Lift” or RAK (Random Act of Kindness) forum, choose a RAK request, and design a card for the RAK-ee. When you post your card, please include a link to the RAK request, and your comments about why and how the request touched your heart. When you are done, mail your card and make someone’s day!

Need a Lift Forum ANYONE CAN VIEW THIS FORUM

RAK Forum YOU NEED TO BE A RAK USER MEMBER TO VIEW THIS FORUM

CHAT HERE!

SEE ALL SUBMISSIONS HERE

Uploading Instructions:

Sample Card:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by kthaman; 09-08-2007 at 08:10 AM..

Default SEP07VSNH - Sat, 1PM - Reach Out & Touch Something!

Reach Out and Touch Something!!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Melinda (WonkaIsMyCat)
Keyword: SEP07VSNH
Time: 1:00 PM EST, Sat

Hello out there, all you happy stampers!! Don�t you just love fall?!?! It�s so much fun to change over your wardrobe and exchange the light cotton garments for the rich textures the fall and winter seasons bring. Being the tacitly oriented person I am, I love bringing out my corduroy and velvet and soft sweaters. When I go shopping, I want to touch everything!!

My challenge to you is to make a card using as many textures as you possibly can. Here are some ideas to get the creative juices flowing:

Heat Embossing
Dry Embossing
Cuttlebug Backgrounds
Velvet Ribbon
Paper Crimper
Hemp Twine
Raffia

Nothing is off limits for this challenge, so let�s see how many textures we can get together!! C�mon�make me want to reach out and TOUCH those cards!!

Happy Stamping,
Melinda and Wonka

Gallery Submissions here

Chat here!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melinda's card.jpg (59.4 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg melinda's card2.jpg (50.7 KB, 134 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by pattyb; 09-08-2007 at 09:01 AM..

Default SEP07VSNI--Sat, 2PM EST---It's a Great Pumpkin!

It's a Great Pumpkin!
Autumn Hostess: Cary (Miss Minx)
Keyword: SEP07VSNI
Time: Sat, 2PM EST

Fall has always been one of my most favorite times of the year. One of the highlights of fall for me is Halloween. We loved everything about Halloween when I was growing up, I can still remember going Trick or Treating and coming home to sort out the goodies and watch It�s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.

This has become a family tradition for our family. One of the great joys of seeing autumn roll around on the calendar is enjoying Charlie Brown and his hilarious cast of friends with my DH and my kids after a festive night of Tricks or Treats. My DDs (and DH!) just cackle over Charlie Brown�s rocks, Lucy�s dog germs, Snoopy�s Red Baron act, and Linus� fainting at the sight of the Great Pumpkin!! Such fun!!

In honor of all that the Peanuts comic strip has meant to us, your challenge is to create a card or project using the movie, It�s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, as your inspiration. Use any character, any prop, any line, any scene, ANYTHING!! There are no specific supplies required. Be fun, be creative, and have fun!!

To see a synopsis of It�s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, visit this site:
THE GREAT PUMPKIN

For the history of the Peanuts Gang, see the official Snoopy website here:
OFFICIAL PEANUTS SITE

View all submissions here!

CHAT HERE!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cary's card.jpg (74.6 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg punchy pumpkins.jpg (65.6 KB, 113 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by pattyb; 09-08-2007 at 09:57 AM..

Default SEP07VSNJ -- SAT 3PM -- Gettin' Gifty

Gettin' Gifty
Autumn Fairy Hostess: Karen (kthaman)
Keyword: SEP07VSNJ
Time: 3:00 PM EST, Sat

Anyone who knows me knows I am a huge procrastinator! I never think about gifts until the day before, and then it is impossible (for me) to do anything really spectacular. So this year I am going to try to get done early! One gift I've always wanted to try was stamping on candles. So get out your supplies and let's get some gifts made early this year!

SCS has a great tutorial by Jenni Mouer (aka Jenmouer).

TUTORIAL HERE!

GALLERY SUBMISSIONS HERE!

CHAT THREAD HERE!

My sample is attached. And yes, these things really are simple and totally doable in 45 min!!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg karens candle.jpg (20.5 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg J - Thankful Thoughts.jpg (41.4 KB, 41 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by stagccva; 09-08-2007 at 01:36 PM..

Default SEP07VSNK - Sat. 4:00 PM EST - Leaf Inkpressions

Leaf Inkpressions

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Melody (lacyquilter)
Keyword: SEP07VSNK
Time: 4:00 PM EST, Sat

Leaves are intricate and fascinating, as different from each other as the trees they grow on. I love the changes that autumn brings to leaves and I love the crisp autumn air scented with burning leaves.
Leaf stamps are numerous, but for this challenge, I want you to stamp with real leaves. You may use leaves from a tree or other plant growing in your yard or garden, or from a houseplant or fresh bouquet from the florist. Fresh leaves are best, because they are not brittle and you do not want your leaf to fall apart during the stamping process.

Instructions:
1. Press your leaf onto your ink pad, cover with scrap paper and press into ink to ink up your leaf.
2. Place your inked leaf on your card stock, cover with scrap paper and press with fingers or brayer over it to stamp your leaf image.
3. Incorporate your leaf inkpression in a card.
You must use at least one leaf inkpression in your card design.

GALLERY SUBMISSIONS HERE!

CHAT HERE!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg melody's card.jpg (50.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg real leave stamps.jpg (113.6 KB, 123 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Default SEP07VSNL--SAT, 5 PM--Falling into Fall

Falling into Fall

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Angie (Renski)
Keyword: SEP07VSNL
Time: 5:00 PM EST, Sat

The sun doesn't seem as hot and
Leaves are beginning to turn...
So jump with me into the season with
A new challenge to learn!!

I am sure many of you are familiar with waterfall cards, so your challenge is to create a waterfall card with an autumn theme to it. Use you imagination and wow me with your ideas! Below is the link to the aweome SCS tutorial on creating this kind of card. Have fun and thanks for participating in my challenge!

Waterfall tutorial

**Please upload your card to the Waterfall Card Gallery - it is listed under the Technique Spotlights! (Instead of choosing the stamp set you used).Any questions, just ask!**

Gallery submissions!

CHAT HERE!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterFALL.jpg (62.8 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg angies card.jpg (76.1 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg L - Waterfall of Gratitude.jpg (58.6 KB, 77 views)

Love SU!? Join the Crew!

Last edited by stagccva; 09-08-2007 at 01:07 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNM ** Sat. 6 p.m. EST ** Make Like a Tree **

Make Like A Tree....

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Michelle (eliotstamps)
Keyword: SEP07VSNM
Time: 6:00 PM EST, Sat

You've probably all heard the childhood expression "make like a tree and leave." That's just what leaves do in fall - they leave their trees. We're going to use that expression for inspiration for this challenge. Your mission is to make a card that expresses leaving, departure or separation. Think bon voyage, miss you...even sympathy cards could work for this challenge. Any and all interpretations of leaving will be accepted! Now "leave" your computers behind and get to stamping! I'll be in the chat thread if you have any questions.

The first two samples below are Michelle's (eliotstamps) and the third is Taylor's (stagccva).

Gallery here!

CHAT HERE!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eliotstamps1.jpg (107.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg eliotstamps2.jpg (84.9 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg M - Farewell Thyme.jpg (44.3 KB, 125 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by pattyb; 09-08-2007 at 02:07 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNN -- Sat, 7:00 PM EST � Resisting Autumn

Resisting Autumn

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Frances (StampOwl)
Keyword: SEP07VSNN
Time: 7:00 PM EST, Sat

Autumn is a time for me when the weather is starting to get cooler, no more hot sweltering days. The cooler days do make things more pleasant for us to do stuff especially where stamping is involved. So why am I resisting autumn you ask??? Well for me autumn also reminds me that winter is not all that far away, I am not a fan of being cold! As I live in Australia winter has only just gone for us, I am ready for some warmer weather, so yes I am definitely resisting the thought of autumn!. My challenge to you is to create a card using some form of resist technique. There are a number of different resist techniques to choose from here are a few tutorials which might help you, but of course if you know another resist type technique you are welcome to use that.

Here are some links that might help you:

Crayon Resist Tutorial by Beate:
Embossing Resist Tutorial by Beate:
Mulberry Batik Tutorial by Erika:
Wax Paper Resist Tutorial by Beate:

The gallery for this challenge is here!

Chatting about this thread is happening here!

In the samples below, the first is Frances' (stampowl) and the second is Taylor's (stagccva).

**Several of the tutorials have their own galleries, so when you upload your card choose that gallery, rather than the stamp set gallery (they are listed under Technique Spotlights). If you have any questions, just ask!!**

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stampowl.jpg (138.5 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg N - Fall Butterfly.JPG (112.6 KB, 110 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-08-2007 at 03:11 PM..
Just Me

Default SEPT07VSNO -- Sat 8 P.M. EST -- Stamp Two-Step

The Stamp Two-Step

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Peggy Sue(peggysue)
Keyword: SEP07VSNO
Time: 8:00 PM EST, Sat

In Autumn as the trees� leaves fall from their branches in the early stages you have leaves on the ground, in the air and still on the trees. Same image yet in different locations and such a different look.

For this challenge, you need to create a card that uses the same stamp for your background layer as you do for the main image. Whether bold and bright or subtle and shaded, let�s see how creative you can be using one stamp that plays a double role as both the star and supporting cast. You may also use a sentiment on your creation, or a subtle textured background to accompany your other image.

Please see the examples below (the first two are mine, the third is Taylor's - stagccva) to get your creativity flowing and remember, you can always post questions on the challenge thread. Thanks for playing!

Challenge Gallery Here

Chat Thread Here

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peggysue1.jpg (50.2 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg peggysue2.jpg (73.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg O - Background Roses.jpg (83.7 KB, 121 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-08-2007 at 04:05 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNP~~Sat, 9PM EST~~It's a Harvest Mix!!

It's a Harvest Mix!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Jamie (jaymerz)
Keyword: SEP07VSNP
Time: 9:00 PM EST, Sat

Fall marks the beginning of the end of my attempt to eat healthy. With Thanksgiving and Christmas fast approaching, all of my good eating habits go out the window. One treat that can always be found at our house is Brach's Harvest Mix. I look forward to the pumpkins and candy corns, plus the colors make the perfect fall decoration.

Your challenge is to use only the colors found in the harvest mix picture, attached below, as your inspiration. Make a card or other project using only these colors. For my card I used Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White. I can't wait to see all of your yummy creations. Enjoy!!

Gallery Here!

Chat Here!!

Uploading Instructions:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jaymerz1.jpg (45.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg jaymerz2.jpg (69.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg P - Happy Harvest Mix.jpg (58.0 KB, 106 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by stagccva; 09-08-2007 at 05:02 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNQ - SAT 10pm - Fall into the Money(holder)

Fall into the Money(holder)!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Heather (alcesalces)
Keyword: SEP07VSNQ
Time: 10:00 PM EST, Sat

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying VSN! Fall is my favorite time of year because I love all of the colorful, crisp, and crunchy leaves. And speaking of crisp- have you ever needed a unique yet quick way to give some crisp new dollar bills or a gift card? These money holders are made out of an envelope and even teens will be impressed by their �coolness�!

So dust off that crimper - you know, the one you bought a long time ago with a 50% off coupon, but haven�t used very often -- or get out your Cuttlebug!! Grab some envelopes and some ink and CREATE!

If you don�t get it right the first time, start over again, it�s only an envelope!

The sample below using Baroque Motifs was made by Denise (resqbarbie).

Challenge Gallery is here!

Chat Thread is here!

Uploading Instructions:
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moneyholder.jpg (17.5 KB, 152 views)
Attached Files
File Type: doc VSN Fall 2007 Money HolderTutorial.doc (1.72 MB, 114 views)
File Type: pdf VSNFall2007MoneyHolderTutorial.pdf (111.6 KB, 53 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir

Last edited by kthaman; 09-08-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Just Me

Default SEP07VSNR - SAT, 11:00 PM EST - FALL INTO THE DIRT PILE

Fall into the Dirt Pile!!!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Jimmi (jpmayo)
Keyword: SEP07VSNR
Time: 11:00 PM EST, Sat

Don�t get too excited�I don�t mean �dirt pile� like you all get to become part of the Dirty Dozen�(wouldn�t that be cool?) What I mean is that I want you to make a card that looks like it may have fallen into a dirt pile or a pile of leaves like you may have around your yard this time of the year!

At my first SU! workshop I ever attended the demonstrator showed us how cool it was to drag the edges of our cardstock onto an inkpad and crumple it up, and I was hooked.

This can mean that you tear or crumple your cardstock, use the direct to paper technique or use sponges and daubers to add ink to your card! You can distress the edges of the cardstock, sand the cardstock, go crazy!!

This is so easy to do and you can take it as far as you want to or just do a little here and there, its up to you!!

Gallery Here

Chat Here

Uploading Instructions:
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jpmayo.jpg (75.3 KB, 151 views)
UK ~ US ~ Spectrum Noir